Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

colas posted:

What was wrong with the Leica?

Just wasn’t for me, the whole interface was annoying to me and I missed the viewfinder more than I thought I would. I’m used to shooting on an old Powershot G2, and while the 10 doesn’t have everything in the world I want it’s pretty close

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
For my brother's housewarming gift I got him the DeWalt 20/40/Flexvolt cordless lawn mower and he absolutely loves it. I have a Ryobi 40 volt myself and electric lawn mowers are so quiet and so light I am genuinely surprised.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Coffee And Pie posted:

Just wasn’t for me, the whole interface was annoying to me and I missed the viewfinder more than I thought I would. I’m used to shooting on an old Powershot G2, and while the 10 doesn’t have everything in the world I want it’s pretty close

On the plus side, you haven't paid over the odds for a Panasonic with a red dot glued to it.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

OSU_Matthew posted:

I just recently bought a case of Hamms and a 4 Pack of this stuff:

Hamms still slapps tho

You makin the dressed Hamm shake son?

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

TraderStav posted:

I have a slightly older model of this and it's excellent. So nice to not have to manage gas/oil/etc. Just plug in and go. Mine came with two batteries that last ~30 minutes each, which is perfect for my yard. I also picked up the trimmer which adds a 3rd battery into the mix.

Your price is far better than what I paid but I'm still happy.

I too have the older version of this, and it has worked great for several years. That's a really good price for a unit that came with a battery and charger.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Cheap air fryer for chicken nuggets, gyoza, battered fish filets:

Ibanez AC240 guitar:

Poor mans Martin 00-15m. Really good for the money, especially when buying used for a good price.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I had one of those guitars, only reason I sold it was so I could move light. It’s a really nice instrument.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

ChocNitty posted:

Cheap air fryer for chicken nuggets, gyoza, battered fish filets:

Shoot, that looks pretty compact. I've been trying to keep from buying one, telling myself it's too bulky for my tiny kitchen.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Bought a sweater and jeans, plus a skirt for the geef

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
I bought some stuff for working at home

Giant 32" 4K monitor because a decent looking option under $400 appeared (Dell S3221QS)

-Freaking great
-Actually makes sense to have 4K at this size
-Still need to have my face close enough for curvature to be very helpful
-Didn't realize pushing 4K @60Hz was so challenging for my relatively new work laptop

Fancy keyboard (Logitech MX Keys)

-Pretty much flawless
-Keys automatically light up when you put your hands near them
-Can bluetooth to my phone and back when I wanna type some poo poo

Fancy mouse (Razer Pro Click)

-Most ergonomic mouse I've used
-Super light which makes it easier to just forget
-Uses a stupid loving micro USB cable, and a nonstandard one at that, for no reason

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Glottis posted:

I bought some stuff for working at home

Fancy mouse (Razer Pro Click)

-Most ergonomic mouse I've used
-Super light which makes it easier to just forget
-Uses a stupid loving micro USB cable, and a nonstandard one at that, for no reason

Sounds like you’re not very happy with the mouse... Might I suggest you return it and upgrade to an Elecom Deft Pro?

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
nah luckily you basically never need to charge the thing and everything else about it rocks.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

OSU_Matthew posted:

E:

Also just bought a new mower! Lowes has their 80v brushless Kobalt line on end of season clearance, so I scored a push mower for $250

This is way more comfortable than the Honda 215 self propelled I fixed up, and runs much quieter and mulches better than the 10$ garage sale craftsman I’ve been limping along for six years. Can’t believe I didn’t switch to an electric mower sooner!

A Good Mower.

I was surprised at how well the 80v mower worked, we tested a bunch out at work and this was my favorite of the battery powered mowers. If you have a smallish yard this works great.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

OSU_Matthew posted:

Sounds like you’re not very happy with the mouse... Might I suggest you return it and upgrade to an Elecom Deft Pro?

gently caress. I recently bought a Deft, but didn’t like the small trackball.

Please don’t tell me this has a large trackball like the Kensington Expert Mouse.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Horse Clocks posted:

gently caress. I recently bought a Deft, but didn’t like the small trackball.

Please don’t tell me this has a large trackball like the Kensington Expert Mouse.

It has the biggest balls I’ve ever fingered :heysexy:

Realtalk, it’s so good, I bought a second one for my workstation at home. I only wish I had moved to an index finger trackball years ago. Takes a day or two to get used to, but once you figure out how to use your middle finger as a clutch for better control, it’s the best input method I’ve ever experienced. Plus the battery lasts forever—a single eneloop pro AA rechargeable only needs swapped every few months with daily use, and I can switch between bluetooth or usb receiver with a single click for multiple workstations.

mystes
May 31, 2006

I just got a $15 microsoft bluetooth mouse for my laptop. It's not fancy and ergonomic or anything, but it seems like it works better than other bluetooth mice I've tried in the past, possibly because it uses bluetooth LE, and it connects completely instantly when I turn it on. It feels like using one of the cheap logitech wireless mice except there's no dongle to take up a usb port (and possibly destroy it if I put it in and take it out of a bag enough).

When I've tried bluetooth mice before they seemed to take longer to connect or otherwise be slightly less reliable than wireless mice that use dongles, so it's nice that the experience seems to have gotten better.

mystes has a new favorite as of 23:53 on Sep 10, 2020

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Some bike parts. Coober air box lid, ECU, and Hell Yeah! pipe for the Duke 390

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I haven't had the gutters cleaned since I moved in 4 years ago, and there are some big trees nearby, so I decided I'd solve it for good and have some people coming in to install a lifetime-warrantied setup on Monday.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Do those work in areas that have really heavy rainfall?

I live in Portland and assumed that the surface tension needed for it to work would be overcome by sheer volume.

Then again, I'm a loving idiot and could be wrong about the whole thing.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Inzombiac posted:

Do those work in areas that have really heavy rainfall?

I live in Portland and assumed that the surface tension needed for it to work would be overcome by sheer volume.

Then again, I'm a loving idiot and could be wrong about the whole thing.

This one doesn't use surface tension for that reason (and that debris can follow the flowing water over the lip as well). We get not a ton of overall rainfall but we do get a few bad storms a year that absolutely dump rain and I wanted to make sure I got one that keeps up with that. I hadn't been impressed with any until I found these because the surface tension hack isn't as reliable as I'd like.

This has a fine grate with supporting fins that causes water to "wick" through quickly, creating air bubbles that push debris down the slope. If you ever see it dripping or overflowing they'll come and fix it, forever. Same with it somehow actually getting clogged. These are "LeafFilter", and they also don't gently caress with your shingles.

We had a 120ft perimeter on the second story, and all told it was about $5K Canadian. Installation should take a half-day.

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

OSU_Matthew posted:

Nice, I used an Elecom HUGE for a couple of years, similar control layout but with a bigger ball (it's 52mm, the big Kensingtons are 55) and a big padded wrist/palm rest. Great for everything except games, where the lack of range of motion compared to a mouse becomes a limitation (you can have precision or speed but not really both at the same time). My bird chewed some chunks out of the palm rest so it ended up looking kinda ratty.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Beautiful. Actually don't watch this is you have problems with bright flashing lights. It's not pokemon Porygon bad but still you've been warned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGBPPTdfKk4

Nanoleafs. Software seems garbage. It's willingness to pair is also garbage and I'm seeing shadows depending on color/brightness. However it is still amusing.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

Duck and Cover posted:

Beautiful. Actually don't watch this is you have problems with bright flashing lights. It's not pokemon Porygon bad but still you've been warned.

Nanoleafs. Software seems garbage. It's willingness to pair is also garbage and I'm seeing shadows depending on color/brightness. However it is still amusing.

Video is private. We had these at work but since moving we haven't put them back up.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

SEKCobra posted:

Video is private. We had these at work but since moving we haven't put them back up.

Fixed.

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

Duck and Cover posted:

These are great. My wife and I bought some as a space-efficient way to fake some sunlight for our parrot, now that we're due for the winter months and he needs some semblance of a day-night cycle.

They can also provide him with a colour animation based around him, plus interesting responses to his hoots and chirps.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Spy_Guy posted:

These are great. My wife and I bought some as a space-efficient way to fake some sunlight for our parrot, now that we're due for the winter months and he needs some semblance of a day-night cycle.

They can also provide him with a colour animation based around him, plus interesting responses to his hoots and chirps.

Any shadows? Do you see a dark triangular pattern when white? I'm wondering if mine are defective but as every single one of them I got is like that I'm unsure if I got a bad batch or that's just the way they are.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I got a pair of 3M full face respirators and filter cartridges that are probably counterfeits that don't work but we shall see

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

Duck and Cover posted:

Any shadows? Do you see a dark triangular pattern when white? I'm wondering if mine are defective but as every single one of them I got is like that I'm unsure if I got a bad batch or that's just the way they are.

Only the very faintest trace of one. I think it has to do with the internal structure of the panel.

Please excuse the dubious quality photo. The lines along the panel aren't visible to the naked eye.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
I bought a motorcycle cause I make stupid decisions.

2020 DR650 :getin:

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Several cans of air duster which I will huff while I should be working at my job

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

ddiddles posted:

Gonna need you to head this way if you haven’t. Prepare to experience jelly goons.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2895016&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=416

Suzuki dual sports are just so awesome looking. Congrats.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
Posted it awhile back, but my Rtj4 preorder finally came in...

Its a legendary album. Months later and I'm still not tired of it. The magenta vinyl is beautiful too.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

It is such a great album.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Prepping for what will hopefully be an even stupider purchase tomorrow.

And yeah RTJ4 is great.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Rolo posted:

God I wish they made this one in white.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Rolo posted:

And yeah RTJ4 is great.

I too am buying a 3080 tomorrow. I also have a Meshify C but the regular size, in white. If I get the Nvidia 3080 FE it will just fit, otherwise I need a new case. Got a radiator on the front and I can't mount it on top due to RAM.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Posted it awhile back, but my Rtj4 preorder finally came in...

Its a legendary album. Months later and I'm still not tired of it. The magenta vinyl is beautiful too.

Dang I totally forgot about buying that and the sweatshirt. Hopefully I can still get them.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

ddiddles posted:

You should replace that red Suzuki S with a red one of these:

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
I purchased a new guitar pedal to go with the not-guitar

Fairfield Circuitry Shallow Water. It sounds like nostalgia and wrinkled tapes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Tim Whatley posted:

I too am buying a 3080 tomorrow. I also have a Meshify C but the regular size, in white. If I get the Nvidia 3080 FE it will just fit, otherwise I need a new case. Got a radiator on the front and I can't mount it on top due to RAM.

How’d ya do!