Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Marketed Gum posted:

I really hope Scott's story about the nightmare actor on Bang Bang isn't about Jason Alexander but I have a feeling it might be.

Is there a reason you’re thinking of Jason Alexander? He’s had an incredibly prolific body of acting work across TV, movies, musicals, and Theatre, over 40 years.

If he was just in it for the money, you’d think he would have stopped after Seinfeld, or only gone after big movie roles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Marketed Gum posted:

I really hope Scott's story about the nightmare actor on Bang Bang isn't about Jason Alexander but I have a feeling it might be.

Oh man! That would be a kicker.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What was the story

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Help Im Alive posted:

What was the story

It’s on the latest Talking Talking Heads.

Apparently on the CBB TV show, some famous actor was guesting that day and showed up on set, got out of the car, and immediately screamed at a production intern “GET ME A CHICKEN CAESAR SALAD, NOW!”.

During a break in filming, Scott made some small talk with them to try and edge out why they’re a dick, so he asked them why they decided to get in to acting.

The famous actor just replied “well, I wanted to make a whole lot of money, and I looked on a list of high paying jobs, and actor was near the top, so I decided to become an actor”.

Scott told this story to a friend without revealing the name of the actor. A while later that friend came back and asked Scott if [name withheld by Aukerman] was the famous actor from the chicken caesar salad story.

It was. They knew it was because they did the exact same routine of getting out of the car and immediately shouting at a production intern to get them a chicken caesar salad on some other show.

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.
on the earwolf reddit someone deduced that it was probably skylar astin because he's made multiple references to salad on twitter

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

SousaphoneColossus posted:

on the earwolf reddit someone deduced that it was probably skylar astin because he's made multiple references to salad on twitter

That’s.

That’s amazing.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

lmao

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

who the gently caress is skylar astin

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

That explains a lot of things, actually.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Lmao

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.
Oh yeah, it wasn't just him, someone else said he missed a photo shoot because he was too busy eating a salad

I didn't really know who this person was until now either even though I probably saw the CBB episode. I guess he's in the Pitch Perfect movies?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

who the gently caress is skylar astin

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
https://twitter.com/BonanasPod/status/1304881371249213440

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Wait how did i miss that Tom and Julie just have a podcast together now? I should try listening to that...
e: it was even mention multiple times in this thread... im a bimbo

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Sep 14, 2020

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Snooze Cruise posted:

Wait how did i miss that Tom and Julie just have a podcast together now? I should try listening to that...
e: it was even mention multiple times in this thread... im a bimbo

It's amazing. My new favorite podcast.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

https://twitter.com/mattgourley/status/1305628953550364672?s=21

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

The Ape of Naples posted:

It's amazing. My new favorite podcast.

I love both of them on HH, but have not been able to get into it. I feel like someone who has never listened to The Boyz and don't get the joke?

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Nothing gets me cackling faster than Tom & Julie talking about The Munsters writing room.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The Action Boyz dropped an almost 4 hour episode today. Who knew Stanger played college ball!??

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Snowmankilla posted:

I love both of them on HH, but have not been able to get into it. I feel like someone who has never listened to The Boyz and don't get the joke?

I dunno. I don't know if I'd say has any similarity to HH. They just seem to play off each other really well.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
are these preview episodes just their own thing because they are pretty long so it doesn't seem like there are clips from proper episodes

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

soggybagel posted:

The Action Boyz dropped an almost 4 hour episode today. Who knew Stanger played college ball!??

Stanger cracked me up a lot. The story of Ted Danson’s Gulliver’s travels making him cry, and then the Trump Horse King bit had my ribs hurting.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Snooze Cruise posted:

are these preview episodes just their own thing because they are pretty long so it doesn't seem like there are clips from proper episodes

The Double Threat preview episodes are standalone, they are excerpted from the handful of proof of concept episodes they recorded

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

HELL YEAH, BITCH!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

JethroMcB posted:

The Double Threat preview episodes are standalone, they are excerpted from the handful of proof of concept episodes they recorded

ahh okie thanks

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Today's HH was very special.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncySiTOMAHc

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Sep 15, 2020

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Was very sad that there was an entire zombie-comedy themed game on HDTGP and Wiger did not once sing the Monster gently caress.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Franchescanado posted:

Stanger cracked me up a lot. The story of Ted Danson’s Gulliver’s travels making him cry, and then the Trump Horse King bit had my ribs hurting.

trump horse king had me laughing so hard and stanger constantly pointing out how close anything was to his college ball experience was so good, great ep

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

boxcarhobo posted:

trump horse king had me laughing so hard and stanger constantly pointing out how close anything was to his college ball experience was so good, great ep

When he said "they really got that catered lunch right" I had to pause I was laughing so hard.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Earwolf Premium / Stitcher Premium must be cheaping out. Gourley and Rust are heading to Patreon BAYBEE

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh my god this hh
blair...

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

What a hilarious concept, I wonder how they found the cameo vids. I’m definitely going to try and do that for friends now

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

A truly wonderful concept. Also this fuckin robot just came up in this week's Double Threat (and last week too, maybe, and also in a recent Action Boyz, and I think I'm losing my grip on reality)

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Reformed Pissboy posted:

A truly wonderful concept. Also this fuckin robot just came up in this week's Double Threat (and last week too, maybe, and also in a recent Action Boyz, and I think I'm losing my grip on reality)

To be fair it's been 'in the news'. I think Stallone is reediting Rocky IV(?) and said he's removing S.I.C.O. from the movie.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Reformed Pissboy posted:

It's the Travolta-vication quiz show music on Flagrant Ones. It gets around.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Does anyone know if Carl deleted his account before or after the Clippers game today?
https://twitter.com/DammitCARL

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

hes been doing it on and off for a while

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

fadam posted:

Does anyone know if Carl deleted his account before or after the Clippers game today?
https://twitter.com/DammitCARL

I would too, people are mean.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

This loving Jeremy Davies ramble on HH is killer...like these are all examples people are supposed to watch to be like “hey I want to pay for that!” And this is the one they choose???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Crazyweasel posted:

This loving Jeremy Davies ramble on HH is killer...like these are all examples people are supposed to watch to be like “hey I want to pay for that!” And this is the one they choose???

When Cameo first was making it's rounds, me and my friends quickly discovered that your best bang-for-your-buck is Ice T. Something as short as "Happy Birthday, Paul" will devolve into several minutes of Ice T monologue, and it rules. We watched all of the preview Cameos he did. Delightful.