Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Anacharis Scoria posted:

K̵̥͈̹̞̟̤̝͎̮͎̞̝̀Į̟̻̤̤̝͓̣̥̞͈̲̪͉̫͢͢͠ͅͅL̶̢̞̲͙͎̜̤͕̕͞ͅL̜̲̩̰̝͈̤̘̳̹̥̕͞͡ͅͅͅB̶̸̡̳͈͕̳̘̹̭̩͔̼̱͔̝̺͎͕̼O҉̵̡҉͔͎̜͓̜ͅT̷̼̪̳͕̩̪

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Anacharis Scoria posted:

K̵̥͈̹̞̟̤̝͎̮͎̞̝̀Į̟̻̤̤̝͓̣̥̞͈̲̪͉̫͢͢͠ͅͅL̶̢̞̲͙͎̜̤͕̕͞ͅL̜̲̩̰̝͈̤̘̳̹̥̕͞͡ͅͅͅB̶̸̡̳͈͕̳̘̹̭̩͔̼̱͔̝̺͎͕̼O҉̵̡҉͔͎̜͓̜ͅT̷̼̪̳͕̩̪

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Anacharis Scoria posted:

So fuckin hyped for the shortest black book yet.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
New book dropped and you'all haven't even posted the screen caps!? Shameful, 30k thread, shameful

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Book 9 is over. We're mad about the delays to book 10 now.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
When siege of terra

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Tommunist posted:

When siege of terra

Book 10. Custodes list v3.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

TTerrible posted:

Book 10. Custodes list v3.

Im erect

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
They’re adding naval missions to the game and Custodes are getting a giant golden kraken

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Since not everyone is in slack I'm going to post some general thoughts so far:

Ruleswise the new design team seems to be pretty reserved, which is a good place to start I guess. They tend to ere on under powering units than making things too crazy. NL are low key great, with a lot of little buffs that make them better than ever. I haven't dug into the DA stuff enough, but there are some interesting nerfs along with buffs.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
My favorites are the 20-man IG orders blobs of tacticals/assaults with spot-welded centurions
and the
WARCRIMES division with interremptors and destroyers as troops, all infantry starting in transports, and all the open terrain being difficult (due to warcrimes, presumably) as well as 3 blobs being dangerous (due to WARCRIMES, probably).

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

JcDent posted:

My favorites are the 20-man IG orders blobs of tacticals/assaults with spot-welded centurions
and the
WARCRIMES division with interremptors and destroyers as troops, all infantry starting in transports, and all the open terrain being difficult (due to warcrimes, presumably) as well as 3 blobs being dangerous (due to WARCRIMES, probably).

Giving the Dreadwing a Rite of War to represent a battlefield they've set on fire or irradiated or deluged with acid or virus bombed or which is currently exploding with volcanism because the planet is in the process of collapsing is a really neat solution to the problem of "How do we represent those terrible weapons they're supposed to have anyway?"

Stephenls fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Sep 14, 2020

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

TTerrible posted:

They’re adding naval missions to the game and Custodes are getting a giant golden kraken

I hope they get at least a dozen new fliers

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Finished another one of these guys years later also forgot my Slack login hello hope you’re all doing well :toot:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Nice work! Particularly like how you've blended him into the base.

If you need new login, holla

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Lemme in slack so I can talk endlessly about my two loves: custodes and the necron 30k fan codex

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Asphyxious posted:

Finished another one of these guys years later also forgot my Slack login hello hope you’re all doing well :toot:

This is really nice.

I'm really pleased with the last two black books. The work they did on the ruinstorm list and the Psyarkana was great and the new Dark Age of Technology killbot the DA have is another standout. It makes me think they're going to be great at doing Dark Mech. They've really found their groove with weird lost technology poo poo.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Tommunist posted:

Lemme in slack so I can talk endlessly about my two loves: custodes and the necron 30k fan codex

Send me a PM!

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

Since not everyone is in slack I'm going to post some general thoughts so far:

Ruleswise the new design team seems to be pretty reserved, which is a good place to start I guess. They tend to ere on under powering units than making things too crazy. NL are low key great, with a lot of little buffs that make them better than ever. I haven't dug into the DA stuff enough, but there are some interesting nerfs along with buffs.

It's kind of a mess. The more I read, the more I feel like DA are going to shine with the generics Rites that don't force them to pay out of the rear end for those overpriced Scion upgrades.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

For the non-slack folk. Some of my Iron Warriors...

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Stanyer89 posted:

For the non-slack folk. Some of my Iron Warriors...

7/10 no pavise

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Thanks to the magic of 3D printing, I have a killbot prototype! It still needs a bunch of servo arms and other bits, but I think I'm headed in the right direction.

The legs are not quite right... maybe a bit too small or just not a good match designwise. I'm looking for some other options.

The saw hands feel a little wimpy too, I'll probably clip them off and replace them with something a little beefier. Might be good candidates for the servo arms.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

There was a Golden Daemon dreadnought that I think had those saw arms or something similar.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Here are some ideas to get your chaps wet:

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Looking cool Ghazk. Really looking forward to seeing what you and others do with the Killbot.

For anyone without the book and unconnected to our screeching hivemind, the Killbot is an automata that Dark Angels get access to in Book 9. It's called an Excindio Class Automata or something and is basically a chained Man of Iron, which is cool as hell.

DrPop fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Sep 15, 2020

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
I’m still floored every time I read these rules. I think you pay for what you get so the value is reasonable on paper, but man.

Oh and two hunter killers because why the gently caress not

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Going to roll with no cortex controller no kill switch and be like “uuuh he’s not with us we thought he was with you”

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I really hope the dark mech book lets me take an unhinged rogue AI as an HQ, I love the fluff behind this thing. It is extremely my poo poo. Never thought I'd see the day that men of iron have actual rules

Ghazk posted:

I’m still floored every time I read these rules. I think you pay for what you get so the value is reasonable on paper, but man.

Oh and two hunter killers because why the gently caress not

I feel they went a little heavy with the drawback, but drat if it still isn't a hot number. I especially wish the weapon options were cheaper or sidegrades. Its like two arlatax compressed into one, a bit slower, but with bonus stuff to compensate. 7 + D3 attacks on the charge at I4? hello ZM friends

For what you're getting its still pretty balanced I think. For one, it isn't cheap. It's not fast, wants a cortex buddy, and like most robots is scared of instant death at I5 (divining blade strikes again). I wonder what fun rules the Alpha Legion can stack onto it :downs: Can you get it into a dreadclaw or another deep striking / outflanking build?

Also did they change the plasma repeater rules? If not, dual grav might be the way to go

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

DrPop posted:

It's called an Excindio Class Automata or something and is basically a chained Man of Iron, which is cool as hell.

I'm wondering if they'll finally update this big guy with a FW sculpt. I know they've been mining RT era figures for 30k ideas, and that's one potentially good fit.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

BULBASAUR posted:

I wonder what fun rules the Alpha Legion can stack onto it :downs: Can you get it into a dreadclaw or another deep striking / outflanking build?

Ive been trying to figure this out but haven’t come up with much synergy yet. I don’t think any legion vehicles can transport these things, but you might be able to take an arvus in an orbital strike wing and cram it in there. I have more research to do.

e: Autilon Skorr can infiltrate it, so that's kind of a thing.

e: Nothing can transport these. I thought arvus might because they can be taken as dedicated transports for castellax, but that's because they are given specific permission in the entry.

e: BS5, gently caress. I'm thinking it's worth losing 2 attacks to swap one arm for a big gun. Especially one that shoots 6 times a turn.

Ghazk fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Sep 15, 2020

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

moths posted:

I'm wondering if they'll finally update this big guy with a FW sculpt. I know they've been mining RT era figures for 30k ideas, and that's one potentially good fit.

There’s already a new kit of that coming out

https://www.usagundamstore.com/products/robocop-moderoid-ed-209-model-kit

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

My Lord and Savior of Iron:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Hot iron action, Stanyer. May the bitterness never leave your veins

Ghazk posted:

Ive been trying to figure this out but haven’t come up with much synergy yet. I don’t think any legion vehicles can transport these things, but you might be able to take an arvus in an orbital strike wing and cram it in there. I have more research to do.

e: Autilon Skorr can infiltrate it, so that's kind of a thing.

e: Nothing can transport these. I thought arvus might because they can be taken as dedicated transports for castellax, but that's because they are given specific permission in the entry.

e: BS5, gently caress. I'm thinking it's worth losing 2 attacks to swap one arm for a big gun. Especially one that shoots 6 times a turn.

Each option is pretty interesting, the only traps probably being the phosphex and i-rad cleansers. This thing wants to hunt power armor or better. All melee is probably the way to go with grav or repeaters for secondary weapons. The repeaters are real tempting, but I do wonder if they're going to overkill your target and prevent a charge. x6 12" Ap2 plasma shots with twin linked and hatred is going to gently caress things up though. Pairs well with the pulse cannon or shredder for a bunch of dead marines. Basically, if this thing gets within 18" of something its probably dead.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Excellent

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Ahaha we are on the same page but it read way more as Cain to me, two big arms, two manipulators, madness constrained? https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...6BAgLEDc&adurl=

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
*FART*

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Looks great!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Chalice man is hot. I like the wings on his jump pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Don't touch my sippy cup, traitor dog.