Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Would anybody still recommend the newer Vives now that the Index is out? Even the most expensive Vives are cheaper than the Index and I don't really need finger controls. Yeah the Index is better but is it necessary really, would a Vive suffice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Skyarb posted:

You are wearing basically a biometric device. They can record what you say, what you look at, literally everything you do within the device. They are trying to make it a social platform too so they can track so so much more. The device is incredibly cheap, because you are the actual product.

None of this stuff is happening right now though, and it isn't where Facebook stands out as being particularly bad. All the other big tech companies like Google etc are doing all of the same information harvesting and tracking and all that stuff. The reason Facebook is particularly evil is that they don't give a gently caress about any of the downstream impact their products have, and they're totally happy to group all the psycho racists together to hype each other up to commit hate crimes and genocide. It's why all the right wing garbage is #1 on Facebook at basically all times, the outrage and engagement it generates makes them a ton of money.

Again, I'm not saying the tracking and stuff isn't going to be a problem at some point, but right now it's genuinely not at a scale that is beyond what we already deal with day to day. There's nothing that they can really get beyond what content you're using and buying etc, which is the same kind of thing any of the stores have access to. The problem is that if they become the dominant platform in VR, then the way they'll have you using it is in a way that keeps you there 24/7 looking at and sharing as much garbage as possible. Tracking and stuff will happen more at that point as well, but stuff like taking pictures of your dick and whatever just isn't happening right now

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Zero VGS posted:

The genuine Oculus cable is fiber optic, therefore not subject to interference along the run.

Whatever you actually have is likely a copper-based insufficiently-shielded shitshow. Can't you return it?

Only for the 14 days, i bought it 17 days ago.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Does Poland have a cash for copper program that you can strip the wire down for to get some of your cash back :v:

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

veni veni veni posted:

Who said you couldn't criticize it?

Hey you know what, in order to avoid a derail and also because I guess I don't care enough to fight it, I rescind my comment. You are correct.

Still would like some kind of cohesive guide on SteamVR settings, though.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

veni veni veni posted:

I wish I could get a picture in my head of what Valve's endgame plan is. Like, they are clearly going hard on VR to the point where not only did they release their own headset, but they released a new half life game that probably cost them 95% of it's sales by making it VR only. At the same time the Index and the hardware it takes to make it worth owning is purely in luxury product pricing territory, and it also still uses sensors so it's way more geared towards hobbyists who are going to be willing to arrange part of their home around VR. It seems pretty clear what FB/Oculus is going for in the long run. idg what valve is trying to do though unless they just want to be like, the premium VR option and hope it proves profitable.

Valve is making so much money off Steam that they can spend all year farting around and still end up insanely rich. At this point they're not a games company anymore, they're a digital storefront that happens to have an in-house games team for novelties.

King Vidiot posted:

Would anybody still recommend the newer Vives now that the Index is out? Even the most expensive Vives are cheaper than the Index and I don't really need finger controls. Yeah the Index is better but is it necessary really, would a Vive suffice?

How is the resolution and frame rate of the newer Vives? Is it still the same?

The old VIVE controllers are massive and kinda suck, but otherwise a VIVE with a good replacement comfort faceplate is a pretty solid HMD for sure. The Index speakers are amazing but you could get your own headphones.
This thread will probably tell you don't, and you should think about long term, but it probably would suffice pretty dang well depending.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Sep 15, 2020

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?

Dietrich posted:

It creates a funnel that leads people to extreme places completely isolated and bubbled from other viewpoints that can provide the balance needed to stay in touch with reality.

That's every social media website in the world including this one.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

I wish I could get a picture in my head of what Valve's endgame plan is. Like, they are clearly going hard on VR to the point where not only did they release their own headset, but they released a new half life game that probably cost them 95% of it's sales by making it VR only. At the same time the Index and the hardware it takes to make it worth owning is purely in luxury product pricing territory, and it also still uses sensors so it's way more geared towards hobbyists who are going to be willing to arrange part of their home around VR. It seems pretty clear what FB/Oculus is going for in the long run. idg what valve is trying to do though unless they just want to be like, the premium VR option and hope it proves profitable.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/half-life-3/cancelled-left-4-dead-3

quote:

“Privately,” Keighley writes, “most of the team hopes that the next big thing will indeed be a full-scale Half-Life game built not for VR, but as a game accessible across all traditional gaming platforms.” Though the devs are still unsure, ultimately, if they’ll be doing something so big in scale next – or, perhaps, they’ll continue to build big new things in VR.

They literally have no long term plans, they just work on whatever they feel like doing at the moment. A next iteration of VR will require huge amounts of R+D, which you see Facebook investing in, but Valve, uh, not. I think they just put together what they could that was basically the best version of currently available hardware, but I don't think they can feasibly do much more that isn't just higher res screens etc

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

OctaviusBeaver posted:

That's every social media website in the world including this one.

Let me tell you about fixing the republican problem, in minecraft of course ahahahahaha

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

HoboTech posted:

Hey you know what, in order to avoid a derail and also because I guess I don't care enough to fight it, I rescind my comment. You are correct.

No need to fight. I don't think we are on a wildly different wavelength here. I certainly don't like it, and I'm not surprised it's a really unpopular decision that is getting blowback. My phone comment is just to point out that we basically surround ourselves in devices that can and do spy on us in various ways to harvest information for profit. Oculus is owned by probably the biggest offender and has been for years now so I don't get why this is the straw that broke the camels back. It's just more of the same.

And then I'm getting answers about how it's going to be used to measure your health to deny your health coverage, like c'mon. Maybe it's not impossible in this dystopian hellworld, but slippery slope arguments are not facts. If the day comes that my VR headset is going to make it so I can't see a doctor, get back to me then and I'll change my stance. Ultimately I just don't think I am that interesting so this Facebook merge feels pretty unremarkable to me.

My concerns about Facebook stem way less from them knowing what ads I am watching personally, and more how wildly irresponsible they are with using everyone's information as whole. Which is something that needs to be done through legislation and not something one person choosing not use facebook is going to help.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

veni veni veni posted:

No need to fight.

Nah man, it's cool. The second I started to type I realized I don't have the mental energy to put any real effort or thought into a serious internet conversation. Instead of making GBS threads up the thread I'm just gonna back away entirely, even if we end up agreeing with each other on a bunch of stuff.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I'm not going to argue that FB isn't evil and bad, it's just weird to me how they seem to take a disproportionate amount of the hate. YouTube is arguably just as bad, if not worse, at algorithm based radicalization.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Enos Cabell posted:

I'm not going to argue that FB isn't evil and bad, it's just weird to me how they seem to take a disproportionate amount of the hate. YouTube is arguably just as bad, if not worse, at algorithm based radicalization.

The "most hated" company is EA, not like, a health insurance company or an oil company. People can be real fickle about what they care about and what they look the other way on.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

You know, it's better to have done this talk today, so we can focus on the actual hardware/software/research news in tomorrow's conference.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Lemming posted:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/half-life-3/cancelled-left-4-dead-3

They literally have no long term plans, they just work on whatever they feel like doing at the moment. A next iteration of VR will require huge amounts of R+D, which you see Facebook investing in, but Valve, uh, not. I think they just put together what they could that was basically the best version of currently available hardware, but I don't think they can feasibly do much more that isn't just higher res screens etc

Valve still has hardware teams though, and unless Gaben has pressed them all into working on brain interfaces, they're probably still doing some kind of VR development. There was that wireless beam steering patent release a while ago.

But, yeah, even if they had an end goal, they wouldn't be able to organize enough to match Facebook. It's a miracle they even got the Index out.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

veni veni veni posted:

No need to fight. I don't think we are on a wildly different wavelength here. I certainly don't like it, and I'm not surprised it's a really unpopular decision that is getting blowback. My phone comment is just to point out that we basically surround ourselves in devices that can and do spy on us in various ways to harvest information for profit. Oculus is owned by probably the biggest offender and has been for years now so I don't get why this is the straw that broke the camels back. It's just more of the same.

And then I'm getting answers about how it's going to be used to measure your health to deny your health coverage, like c'mon. Maybe it's not impossible in this dystopian hellworld, but slippery slope arguments are not facts. If the day comes that my VR headset is going to make it so I can't see a doctor, get back to me then and I'll change my stance. Ultimately I just don't think I am that interesting so this Facebook merge feels pretty unremarkable to me.

My concerns about Facebook stem way less from them knowing what ads I am watching personally, and more how wildly irresponsible they are with using everyone's information as whole. Which is something that needs to be done through legislation and not something one person choosing not use facebook is going to help.

The healthcare thing stems from poo poo healthcare companies already pull in partnership with certain dna testing companies like 23andme. Or those schemes where you get a "discount" (they're not charging everyone else more, they're just giving discounts!) if you wear a fitness tracker and give over your data proving you walked enough last week. What people fear wrt facebook tracking biometric data isn't here yet, but it's also not an unwarranted fear.

Zaphod42 posted:

The "most hated" company is EA, not like, a health insurance company or an oil company. People can be real fickle about what they care about and what they look the other way on.

Like, among capital g Gamers or what? I could see that being the case among nerds nerdy enough to buy into VR maybe.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Marxalot posted:

Like, among capital g Gamers or what? I could see that being the case among nerds nerdy enough to buy into VR maybe.

The Consumerist. Not even just gamers. And its been multiple years running.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ea-voted-worst-company-in-america-2013-4

Definitely there is some bias in that nerds are more likely to go rage on the internet, but still. The second place was Bank of America, so it can't all be gamer bias.

Marxalot posted:

The healthcare thing stems from poo poo healthcare companies already pull in partnership with certain dna testing companies like 23andme. Or those schemes where you get a "discount" (they're not charging everyone else more, they're just giving discounts!) if you wear a fitness tracker and give over your data proving you walked enough last week. What people fear wrt facebook tracking biometric data isn't here yet, but it's also not an unwarranted fear.

Gattaca is definitely a potential future for us

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
The ultimate point of all this is while I like VR games, I don't need VR games. I haven't played any Oculus games at all because I disagree with Facebook's policies. I don't pirate them for the same reasons, I can't be bothered, let alone buying them and using poo poo like revive gently caress that.

Facebook needs us, we don't need them. No matter how shiny and neat a toy is. Just a toy.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
You could say that about anything that's not food or shelter but meanwhile the gaming industry eclipsed Hollywood years ago in terms of revenue. Now we're in a hellscape wherein outside air is toxic and someones breath will kill you. Interacting with others remotely is a premium scenario right now and isn't likely to ever go away as long as people have some extra money to throw at entertainment.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I imagine people talk about facebook and their policies and stuff in this thread often cause they own and run a vr company. probably there are worse companies but it'd be kinda weird if we litigated them here in the vr megathread. its not disproportionate or weird that people discuss how bad their policies are in the thread that's like 75% about their company's product

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I imagine people talk about facebook and their policies and stuff in this thread often cause they own and run a vr company. probably there are worse companies but it'd be kinda weird if we litigated them here in the vr megathread. its not disproportionate or weird that people discuss how bad their policies are in the thread that's like 75% about their company's product

Yeah of course, but the whole thing is discussing those things if you're not careful can quickly turn into arguments of "you're wrong / a bad person if you buy products from this company" and we all have differing and complex opinions on that and won't get very far just kinda giving each other a hard time without even know each others' life details.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Leal posted:

Does Poland have a cash for copper program that you can strip the wire down for to get some of your cash back :v:

Yeah might just resort to that :v: drat this sucks.

Leal posted:

You might be able to still use that, but grab an active extension cable

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0179MXKU8/

This is the one I use. And for completeness, this is the usb c to usb a I use

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E9W8KYC/

If you want to reference the details.

Wait, so if I grab that active extention I might be able to use the cable I have? Doesn't make any sense to me. Will the active extention cable help with signal loss on my lovely one?

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Turin Turambar posted:

Is that the case? Searching on bsaber.com ...
Songs from the last 30 days with at least Expert+ difficulty: 1180
Songs from the last 30 days with at least Expert+ difficulty: 750
Songs from the last 30 days with at least Hard difficulty: near 400 songs.

So yeah, the ones with Hard mode are a minority, but it's 1/3 of the Expert+, not 1/10. It is still enough to play and have some fun every week? Even if we suppose from the 400 songs, only 25% are good and the others are poo poo, that's 100 songs.
edit: of course your musical tastes can cut the number quite a bit.

Theres lots of content. If people actually used BeatSaver they'd find what they want most of the time.

8one6 posted:

Let me save everybody 5 minutes

My personal rule is to just ignore any song that only has an Expert or Expert+ map and that will let you avoid most of the difficult for difficulty's sake maps. The problem is there's not much left after that because the community feels like it's all about making the game as hard as possible.

No the community is bored. We've been playing for nearly 3 years. So those mappers, aint mapping poo poo for new people friend.

Its partly "git gud" and partly "everyone who maps well is bored as gently caress".

Really, I'm nearly 40 years old and this is what I consider "Fun" now. Its because I'm flat out bored with anything much slower unless I can dance around to it, which again, needs to have some notes to hit.

https://clips.twitch.tv/CleverToughTermiteFrankerZ

EDIT: Yes, I have far far more hours than most people as well. I'm just also a pretty mid tier player anymore which is kinda my point. "Rank wise" i'm something like 4000, I "peaked" at 150ish. There are tons of people 19-30 who have under 200 hours and are in the same or higher range as myself. I empathize, I do. I was that player early ranked days. "WTF IS THIS STUPID poo poo". Then later I came back after I was clearing "the new hard stuff". Turns out I was just bad most of the time. I don't grind rank or ranked maps or anything. I just play whatever people throw at me and look up the random mapper sometimes from the pp crowd. Because sadly I'm at a point where something thats insanely hard for you would bore the poo poo out of me even if its well mapped. This is all coming from someone who is always looking for a reason to trash on beat saber these days, I hate that its the boner game for people when theres a ton more games out there that are fun, but fact is the community side of it makes it really good. Sorry beat sabers just, idk, a thing.

I would recommend playing the boomer campaign though. Enjoy the old ranked scene. Heh. Think high end mapping is "bad" and "hard to be hard" now? Please god go play that campaign.

EbolaIvory fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Sep 16, 2020

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Kikas posted:

Wait, so if I grab that active extention I might be able to use the cable I have? Doesn't make any sense to me. Will the active extention cable help with signal loss on my lovely one?

Unfortunately no, looking back at when I was having problems with the link there was only problems when I used my extension cable. If the connect from your HMD isn't working then the extension wont help.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Inacio posted:

not much to contribute but thank you for not going full facebook apologetics itt

:hmmyes:

Seriously gently caress Facebook it's a poison piece of poo poo that's enabled the worst elements of the authoritarian hellworld we're trapped in by giving the worlds chuds a megaphone and sledgehammer and billions of people's personal data for them to weaponize so they can implement their horrific agendas.

I don't care how awesome any hmd they make is or how great any exclusive they dangle might be they can gently caress right off.

panic state
Jun 11, 2019

Is Dirt Rally 2 good with a controller? I want a driving game where I can go too fast up mountain roads in regular cars but I don't want to invest in a steering wheel or pedals or anything.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

EbolaIvory posted:

Theres lots of content. If people actually used BeatSaver they'd find what they want most of the time.

No the community is bored. We've been playing for nearly 3 years. So those mappers, aint mapping poo poo for new people friend.

Its partly "git gud" and partly "everyone who maps well is bored as gently caress".

Really, I'm nearly 40 years old and this is what I consider "Fun" now. Its because I'm flat out bored with anything much slower unless I can dance around to it, which again, needs to have some notes to hit.

Why would you spend your time mastering some generic techno when you could be playing this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxJlyNIppxs

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Ott_ posted:

Is Dirt Rally 2 good with a controller? I want a driving game where I can go too fast up mountain roads in regular cars but I don't want to invest in a steering wheel or pedals or anything.

I mean technically it works fine and gamepad racers do fine but in reality no simracing experience is good with a controller especially in VR. DR2.0 by itself is worth a wheel/pedals/shifter in VR but there are other titles to help make it worth it as well

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
unpopular opinion i guess but i couldn't give a poo poo about beat saber. i tried it a bunch, i don't like needing to use random third party services to add poo poo. just not my speed. i know they don't match up 100% all the time but i like audioshield way more, mostly because i just play along to songs i love and want to listen to. audioshield and arrow games are the favourite things i show people who've never used VR before and they always go down well.

people complain about there not being youtube integration anymore, but i never used that stuff, it works better with just your own random song libraries since you still get rankings and poo poo.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Nuts and Gum posted:

Why would you spend your time mastering some generic techno when you could be playing this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxJlyNIppxs

Because I need my PP grind man

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/742367253

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ott_ posted:

I played it with a controller and thought it was great.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

mediaphage posted:

unpopular opinion i guess but i couldn't give a poo poo about beat saber. i tried it a bunch, i don't like needing to use random third party services to add poo poo. just not my speed. i know they don't match up 100% all the time but i like audioshield way more, mostly because i just play along to songs i love and want to listen to. audioshield and arrow games are the favourite things i show people who've never used VR before and they always go down well.

people complain about there not being youtube integration anymore, but i never used that stuff, it works better with just your own random song libraries since you still get rankings and poo poo.

Once you install the mods, you can do everything in game. The mods are just a quick installer. It's cool if you prefer Audioshield though, that game's still pretty fun, even if I think it's gotten worse over time.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

King Vidiot posted:

Get the Vive Pro. It's a fantastic headset and I've been nothing but happy with mine upgrading from a regular Vive. You don't get the enhanced refresh rate of an Index, but it's an AMOLED display at the same resolution at the same visual range as the original Vive. The sound's decent enough, and if you want Index-quality sounds maybe order the VREars addon made by Rebuff Reality through their Indigo-Go campaign, and out of the newer-gen headsets, it's got the best IPD range as well (same as the Vive's 60mm-74mm).

The Vive Cosmos has been clownshoes on multiple levels, least of all that the Cosmo Elite HMD is more expensive than the Vive Pro for minimal improvement. The benefit of being a Lighthouse-tracked headset is also that you can also just get the Index controllers on their own later and use them together with a Vive Pro (assuming you're in the US or EU, or have a friend in either as a go-between, of course).

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Facebook has also been quite open with their plans for VR. You can literally see them any time they show off new tech, they're that blatant. At this point the only thing they haven't done yet that myself and others have predicted in this thread is kill sideloading, and they're drat sure cutting away at that incrementally.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Ott_ posted:

I play it with a controller and it's quite fun. I'm just bad at it because I haven't had enough seat time.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

mediaphage posted:

:hfive:

You're definitely not alone, but I think we're in the minority. I said basically the same thing a couple of years ago when I tried Beat Saber and then Audioshield. Audioshield just does what I want a rhythm VR game to do, it gets me moving and gives me something to do while moving to the music. I put it on Fitness mode to add some squatting in and it's a great time with the right songs. Beat Saber on the other hand is only as good as the user-created content, and all the songs I tried were either boring or just total assfuckery with random block and obstacle placement.

Soundboxing was... well it was something. It has YouTube integration like Audioshield apparently used to, which is neat but the user-made content didn't seem great for the most part.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

EbolaIvory posted:

EDIT: Yes, I have far far more hours than most people as well. I'm just also a pretty mid tier player anymore which is kinda my point. "Rank wise" i'm something like 4000, I "peaked" at 150ish. There are tons of people 19-30 who have under 200 hours and are in the same or higher range as myself. I empathize, I do. I was that player early ranked days. "WTF IS THIS STUPID poo poo". Then later I came back after I was clearing "the new hard stuff". Turns out I was just bad most of the time. I don't grind rank or ranked maps or anything. I just play whatever people throw at me and look up the random mapper sometimes from the pp crowd. Because sadly I'm at a point where something thats insanely hard for you would bore the poo poo out of me even if its well mapped. This is all coming from someone who is always looking for a reason to trash on beat saber these days, I hate that its the boner game for people when theres a ton more games out there that are fun, but fact is the community side of it makes it really good. Sorry beat sabers just, idk, a thing.

I would recommend playing the boomer campaign though. Enjoy the old ranked scene. Heh. Think high end mapping is "bad" and "hard to be hard" now? Please god go play that campaign.

This is a weird thing that always happens around these kinds of game, you see it in the Rock Band customs scene as well. People assume that once they hit that Expert level the only way it's fun is if you make things harder and harder, when the vast majority of people never really move past the Normal mode. Part of making a good map is scaling it to be fun for everyone.

My issue with beat saber is more that it never really feels right as a rhythm game. It doesn't matter if you're on beat really. I don't want to spend the time to get good at something like that, it just doesn't feel good to me in the way that, say, Rock Band did. Which makes the custom songs doubly frustrating.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

King Vidiot posted:

:hfive:

You're definitely not alone, but I think we're in the minority. I said basically the same thing a couple of years ago when I tried Beat Saber and then Audioshield. Audioshield just does what I want a rhythm VR game to do, it gets me moving and gives me something to do while moving to the music. I put it on Fitness mode to add some squatting in and it's a great time with the right songs. Beat Saber on the other hand is only as good as the user-created content, and all the songs I tried were either boring or just total assfuckery with random block and obstacle placement.

Soundboxing was... well it was something. It has YouTube integration like Audioshield apparently used to, which is neat but the user-made content didn't seem great for the most part.

that’s kinda how i feel, it’s much more of a rhythm game to me. i find it weird how many people claim there’s no rhythm to the orbs, but i didn’t find that true. they’re not always right on a beat but there’s definitely a predictability to the pattern that’s fun.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
Australian G2 preorders are finally, properly up at HP's website. Until the 30th you can use the code REVERB to bring the price down to AU$899. This seems like the only high quality PCVR alternative to the Quest 2 coming up for us so its probably worth doing the research and making the decision before then, if you can.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
was about to post this

man... at aud1100 it was doable but happy to wait until reviews came out, now at aud900..... aww geez!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ROFLBOT posted:

was about to post this

man... at aud1100 it was doable but happy to wait until reviews came out, now at aud900..... aww geez!

For comparison, the regular HTC Cosmos is $1300AUD :lol:.