Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
taco pizza is a specific dish, and i haven't really seen it around much outside of the midwest. mexican pizza can be absolutely anything. maybe some variations are good, i dunno. but in my experience they generally are not.

going by appearance and concept taco pizza looks like it belongs in this thread, but it more or less works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

going by appearance and concept taco pizza looks like it belongs in this thread, but it more or less works.

Caesar Salad pizza is another one that sounds insane and gross but works. I can’t find it outside of NYC though.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I like how this guys kitchen cost more than my house and yet he doesn’t know how to cook a frozen pizza

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that's a perfectly normal cheese pizza someone stuck some crickets into after it arrived. i can order a pizza and take a big poo poo on it but that doesn't really mean anything except that i enjoy making GBS threads on fresh hot pizzas.

thats a bold assumption to make in the worst pizza thread

Speaking of taco pizza, the new Dominos taco pizza is actually awful and belongs in this thread but the picture makes it look good so im not sure what to do

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

StabMasterArson posted:

I like how this guys kitchen cost more than my house and yet he doesn’t know how to cook a frozen pizza

the correct answer being to use the Presto Pizzazz Plus

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

Fallows posted:

thats a bold assumption to make in the worst pizza thread

Speaking of taco pizza, the new Dominos taco pizza is actually awful and belongs in this thread but the picture makes it look good so im not sure what to do

I just had one and when it got here it looked just like the pictures. It was actually pretty good, better than most dominos i've ever had. I'm not really a fan of dominos in general but the advertising and a coupon got me. I guess if they make it correctly it can be good? I might also be stupid

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Still panning for pizza gold nuggets in California and a little outfit named Shenanigans in Eureka turned up a beautifully ugly Apple and Onion pie:

But don't worry if you go there and they are out of apples. They also serve up typical california non chain veggie orgy pizza salads.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Perfect timing, we were chatting about Francine's Pizza Jungle over in PYF.

Hawaiian is pineapple, papaya and green pepper

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

shadow puppet of a posted:

Still panning for pizza gold nuggets in California and a little outfit named Shenanigans in Eureka turned up a beautifully ugly Apple and Onion pie:

But don't worry if you go there and they are out of apples. They also serve up typical california non chain veggie orgy pizza salads.

Theres a pub the next town over that was doing a peach version of this lol

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Extra Large Marge posted:

In Eugene, Oregon there is a pizza place that makes perfectly fine pizza, however they cover them in cold, raw tomatoes unless you specifically ask them not to:

So behind the times. In LA at Big Al's they will treat you to thick hocks of raw uncooked radish.

Don't like radishes? Fine, don't worry. Relax, they also have a nice cold coleslaw for you to zing up your pie with. Yum, the texture of cabbage and hot dough, finally united.

It can't be easy to make a KFC Famous Bowl look like a tasteful and restrained lunch option, but Al's has done it.

*taps sign*

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

StabMasterArson posted:

This upside is that you (probably) don't have to live in Florida!

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I spoke to soon. Apparently the Oregon Tomato Phenomenon (OTP) has spread beyond its natural borders. This is how they eat pizza in Weed, CA. There is no way any pizza oven can penetrate through that much fungal mass, that is a cold topped already lukewarm pizza, at best. How do people pay money for this?

Glenshire Pizza in Tuckee CA looks like someone wasting their inheritance money playing restaurant. But despite the egg (are you supposed to just lift it up with your fingers like a slice?) and piped white rosesttes its just nice to see someone in NorCal cook their tomatoes.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Maybe it's like a melting pot and you can cook the toppings yourself??

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i have lived a decade in norcal and i can conclude that peeps cant cook pizza worth poo poo here

go eat something that peeps who use the word 'hella' are actually good at, and prolly go do it in sf instead of the sticks

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

some population 1k town in oklahoma. i don't know why it's so offputting

AARD VARKMAN fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Sep 15, 2020

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

It looks like bologna instead of pepperoni.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
That gives me a flashback to some middle school cafeteria pizza. That cheese :suicide:

youre
Dec 30, 2019

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

oh come on, there's no way that's sold as a pizza is it? it's described as a salad with an edible plate right

youre
Dec 30, 2019

TheAardvark posted:

oh come on, there's no way that's sold as a pizza is it? it's described as a salad with an edible plate right

It was a work thing and because of the office vegetarian girl 1 of our 3 pizzas had to be this.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
vegetarian and not vegan? even then what the gently caress lol at least put tomato sauce on it

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

youre posted:

It was a work thing and because of the office vegetarian girl 1 of our 3 pizzas had to be this.

Aren't most pizzas vegetarian or did you mean vegan

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

TheAardvark posted:

pretty sure pepperoni isn't supposed to look like pink slime from mcnuggets

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

TheAardvark posted:

That's the lovely fake mozzarella cheese. The pepperoni is also poo poo and apparently not even cooked.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

That pepp looks like sliced hot dogs.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

AHH F/UGH posted:

pretty sure pepperoni isn't supposed to look like pink slime from mcnuggets

Wha? I haven't had them in years but sure don't recall pink slime.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

i've heard of little caesar's, but little house salad's?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

So behind the times. In LA at Big Al's they will treat you to thick hocks of raw uncooked radish.

Don't like radishes? Fine, don't worry. Relax, they also have a nice cold coleslaw for you to zing up your pie with. Yum, the texture of cabbage and hot dough, finally united.

It can't be easy to make a KFC Famous Bowl look like a tasteful and restrained lunch option, but Al's has done it.

*taps sign*

Every one of these looks delicious. gtfo of here with "worst pizza ever", my butt are these the worst ever.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Enjoy your cabbage , carrot and mayo slathered pizza I guess? :shrug:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I guess maybe you've got some growing up to do

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Enjoy your cabbage , carrot and mayo slathered pizza I guess? :shrug:

If it's supposed to be some sort of reuben pizza or something I definitely would

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Big Beef City posted:

I guess maybe you've got some growing up to do

Chomps into large bitter tranche of cold radish. Thinks, “Yummm, I’m an adult now, god I hope someone is watching me pretend to enjoy this”

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Once you truly grow up and realize pizza is just an open faced sandwich, a whole new world of flavor opens up to you

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
there are no really children-incompatible pizzas. its not like its really difficult to eat like artichokes, whole lobster or ortolan bunting or require indoctrination like hakarl, dinuguan or sustromming

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

TheAardvark posted:

It's truly a crime against pizza to have pepperonis like that and not have them be little grease bowls.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It's truly a crime against pizza to have pepperonis like that and not have them be little grease bowls.

That's a requirement for any pizza to be good.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

guess there just ain't enough grease in

uhh

cat meat?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I'm done with California pizza for now, but want to leave you all with this perfectly emblematic California style pizza from Frankie's in Mendocino called the "Virgin Creek". Its got it all. The absence of cheese, the hammered thin crust, the leaves, the copious black olives, the "carmelized" onions, the insulating bulwark of mushrooms. Its probably $38 too. Wonderful stuff.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

TheAardvark posted:

guess there just ain't enough grease in

uhh

cat meat?

Post the worst pizza ever: Name that meat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

I'm done with California pizza for now, but want to leave you all with this perfectly emblematic California style pizza from Frankie's in Mendocino called the "Virgin Creek". Its got it all. The absence of cheese, the hammered thin crust, the leaves, the copious black olives, the "carmelized" onions, the insulating bulwark of mushrooms. Its probably $38 too. Wonderful stuff.

Not sure how you'd get that close without knowing how much it actually cost instead of exaggerating to make a humorous point :o:

Also the menu for Frankie's says that the Virgin Creek does indeed come with mozzarella. How do you answer for this lie, or will you see yourself out?