Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

You bet I was sweating those two missed 50 yarders from Zane Gonzalez in my nail biter close matchup this week.

Sure, there’s some randomness involved with kickers and D/ST, but it can be fun depending on the league.

I don’t care for them in dynasty where they take up space I’d rather spend on prospects to stash, but in redraft leagues, especially home leagues where you have long-time rivalries, they can be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Michael Thomas expected to miss time. Fire up your Emmanuel Sanderses.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Quiet Feet posted:

Probably just at home though. On the road NO going to run, run, run.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Quiet Feet posted:

:mbisonyes: I got laughed at for drafting Sanders bahahahaha

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Spoeank posted:

Fantasy Footballers is the gold standard right now
Super late, but listen to this guy. They keep it really family friendly aside from poop and fart jokes, so their style of humor is kinda refreshing. Oh yeah, and the advice is really good too.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Christopher Harris is always just on the right side of insightful/insufferable

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Kickers should be banned from all leagues, fantasy football scoring is random enough due to touchdowns, we don't need a random number generator on top of it.

In my keeper league (10 teams, standard scoring, flex and Sflex) I am sort of rebuilding and looking for keeper value, but you only get keeper value from players you drafted, free agents are just kept at their ADP pre-draft next year. I have the second waiver pick these week and these RB are available:

James Robinson
Malcom Brown
Nyheim Hines

My RB and WR are:
RB: A. Jones, Mixon, David Johnson, Dobbins, AJ Collins
WR: Beckham, DJ Moore, Chark, Cooks, Lamb

My 4th RB is fairly weak, but I can always play a WR at flex so I am not sure if I NEED one of those guys on the WW assuming none of them get hurt and Mixon gets more than 3 YPC in the future. Collins feels the most droppable for a redraft, but he might have keeper value for next year if Jones is not resigned since I grabbed him with the last pick and he is a handcuff for Jones this year. Then again if Dobbins is worth keeping it might not matter what Collins does since we can only keep 1 player per position. Is it too early to drop Beckham? He looked like garbage and his draft round was high enough that he does not have too much keeper value unless he becomes a WR1. Cooks is injured so I guess he can get a pass?

Is it worth dropping one of those players to try and grab one? Ideally hoping that one of the later drafted RB (Dobbins or Collins) and one of the WR are worth keeping (5th, 6th, 7th, 9th, 10th round in order).

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
kickers should be given more bonuses in the form of game winning kicks and missed kicks, imo

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

Doppelganger posted:

Super late, but listen to this guy. They keep it really family friendly aside from poop and fart jokes, so their style of humor is kinda refreshing. Oh yeah, and the advice is really good too.

4for4's "most accurate podcast" is also good. A bit dry but also shorter than a lot of fantasy football podcasts.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

Pain of Mind posted:

Is it worth dropping one of those players to try and grab one? Ideally hoping that one of the later drafted RB (Dobbins or Collins) and one of the WR are worth keeping (5th, 6th, 7th, 9th, 10th round in order).

I'd drop Dillon for Hines definitely and maybe Brown. Hines is only 23 so he's still super young. Hines will be a receiving back in the NFL for a long time. The Packers are apparently in negotiations with Jones (which makes no sense because they spent a 2nd on Dillon). But they also have Jamaal Williams which they kinda like.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

James Robinson looked legit in the Jags game. Saw this get linked that did a little bit of breakdown about why:
https://twitter.com/MattWaldman/status/1305312127775838210

Also, if you are desperate for a WR, Keelan Cole may end up being the Jags #2 WR this year. He had constant buzz around him in camp, he had the second most targets in the game against the Colts, he is in a contract year, and I think he has looked super sharp.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Hmmm Marlon mack isn't designated IR yet (at least on mfl). Kinda sucks for waivers.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Doppelganger posted:

Yeah seconded, thirded, whatever. They work crazy hard and put out a TON of product. They're also, weirdly, big Cardinals fans, and it's funny to hear them getting excited on the side about Nuk/Kyler.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Artonos posted:

I'd drop Dillon for Hines definitely and maybe Brown. Hines is only 23 so he's still super young. Hines will be a receiving back in the NFL for a long time. The Packers are apparently in negotiations with Jones (which makes no sense because they spent a 2nd on Dillon). But they also have Jamaal Williams which they kinda like.

Free agents have almost no keeper value since they are kept at their ADP next year vs drafted players who are kept at their drafted round. I agree all 3 of those players are more valuable than Dillon, I guess I am just not sure how often they would make the starting lineup assuming Jones, Johnson, and Mixon stay healthy. Even if I lose one I could just play a WR at flex. If the packers resign Jones than Dillon loses almost all value, I just assumed they had no plan to resign Jones to outside of some lowball offer.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

There are two types of people. There are those who believe, despite all reason, that they can someone take the chaos of the world them and make sense of it and control it. And there are those who embrace the madness.

kickers are fine

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Sataere posted:

kickers are fine

:agreed:

Honestly are kickers any worse than D/ST or TEs? Even the best defenses vary hugely from week to week. And TE's are trash who get you like 5 points a game unless you're lucky or you drafted one of the top 3 or 4 guys. I'd ditch either of those before kickers.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Kickers are more random because you can't actually predict when they'll score well. High scoring game? Too bad, your kicker's team was too good in the redzone and didn't need to kick a field goal. Offense was lovely and couldn't finish drives? Doesn't mean they didn't get in field goal range and kick 4 of em!

Compare that to DSTs, where you can have some reasonable predictions about sacks and turnovers, or TEs, where you can identify teams that use or don't use theirs for pass catching and teams that do or do not defend against them well.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Quiet Feet posted:

:agreed:

Honestly are kickers any worse than D/ST or TEs? Even the best defenses vary hugely from week to week. And TE's are trash who get you like 5 points a game unless you're lucky or you drafted one of the top 3 or 4 guys. I'd ditch either of those before kickers.

This is the opinion of a coward who doesn't want to form a firm stance on Jordan Akins and Ian Thomas

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Spoeank posted:

This is the opinion of a coward who doesn't want to form a firm stance on Dallas Goedert vs Zach Ertz

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Goedert >>>>> Ertz

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

QBs, TEs, Ks, and DEFs exist to fool the fantasy rubes into not drafting more WRs and RBs.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

Goedert >>>>> Ertz

Not enough >s

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

MacheteZombie posted:

Hmmm Marlon mack isn't designated IR yet (at least on mfl). Kinda sucks for waivers.

It is his ACL drop him

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Spoeank posted:

This is the opinion of a coward who doesn't want to form a firm stance on Jordan Akins

Rando who you're praying will score a TD.

quote:

and Ian Thomas

Thought he might be relevant but I may be wrong!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

ketchup vs catsup posted:

QBs, TEs, Ks, and DEFs exist to fool the fantasy rubes into not drafting more WRs and RBs.

This guy gets it

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Hey this was my draft strategy this year. Except that Russel Wilson dropped farther than I ever expected in both drafts so I took him and uh, I dont think I'm going to regret it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

ScottyJSno posted:

It is his ACL drop him

Its a dynasty league so I'd like to stash him.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Hey this was my draft strategy this year. Except that Russel Wilson dropped farther than I ever expected in both drafts so I took him and uh, I dont think I'm going to regret it.

I don't think it matters if you get a top guy as long as you know you only need to draft one.

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

What % FAAB y’all willing to spend on RB Hines? I’m thinking 30% sounds about right.

What about % FAAB for RB Snell?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

yeah my point from earlier is that for each of these positions, beyond the top 1-3, the next ~10-15 are functionally equivalent before the season begins. the real variance comes in WR and to a lesser extent RB, and for different reasons - WR variance comes from there being so many of them, RB drop-off because there are so few.

so get 1 QB/TE/K/DEF and get them late. QB and TE after round 6, K/DEF with the last two picks. every other pick should be WRs or RBs. most leagues allow you to start more WRs than RBs so I tend to keep an extra WR if the bench count is odd. bench spots are super valuable and you should not waste them on positions whose points don't change that much week to week. that means no backup QBs, TEs, Ks, or DEFs until the week your main guy is off. if your main guy sucks, get someone then. every week, make a decision whether to pursue the best WRs/RBs on the wire

there are a vanishingly small number of players worth breaking this for. Wilson may get you say 30 points/week, but instead of taking him you could have had a WR or RB lottery ticket + a QB who gets you 25 points/week in round 9. Of course it's not a hard and fast rule. if Wilson is there in round 6 I am all over that but I am high on Wilson. Aaron Rodgers was available in the 5th+ in most drafts I did this year.

Fate Accomplice fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Sep 16, 2020

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass

TURGID TOMFOOLERY posted:

What % FAAB y’all willing to spend on RB Hines? I’m thinking 30% sounds about right.

What about % FAAB for RB Snell?

This is on reddit https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RuEE6mV9GnRIjpZuBBhRlTUDyip_tB3Y1rP_Gzy4d8Y/edit?usp=sharing

I'm doing 23 for Snell since Brown was picked up by an auto drafter after the draft and Hines was drafted by the guy who always picks the best kicker or defense in the 9th round.

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

KingKapalone posted:

This is on reddit https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RuEE6mV9GnRIjpZuBBhRlTUDyip_tB3Y1rP_Gzy4d8Y/edit?usp=sharing

I'm doing 23 for Snell since Brown was picked up by an auto drafter after the draft and Hines was drafted by the guy who always picks the best kicker or defense in the 9th round.

Holy guacamole that’s a good link thank you!

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Better than getting rid of kickers is to add a 2nd kicker so half your league starts drafting them in the 6th round and you end up with a really deep team that you pick wrong every week and never get better than 3rd place against those rubes.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

One day I'm gonna be in a league that has punters and I'm gonna be so happy.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Speaking of kickers am I a crazy person for considering dropping Legatron for Josh Lambo? Lambo has actually been insane since the second half of last year and is like 35 of his last 36 and hasn't missed from over 50.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Frustrated posted:

Speaking of kickers am I a crazy person for considering dropping Legatron for Josh Lambo? Lambo has actually been insane since the second half of last year and is like 35 of his last 36 and hasn't missed from over 50.
He hasnt missed in Jacksonville since the Jaguars signed him like two+ years ago, its crazy. That means if you pick him up he'll probably break his leg or at least miss his next three FGs in Jax. They plan in Tennessee next week though so who knows!

KingKapalone posted:

Kind of a sad question to ask, but uh what is FAAB and what is the use of this doc?

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Sep 16, 2020

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Kind of a sad question to ask, but uh what is FAAB and what is the use of this doc?

Free Agent Auction Bidding. Instead of using waivers you bid on available players, much like an auction draft. That doc is suggested % of your budget to bid on players.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Vargo posted:

I tend to treat FAAB week one as "Draft, Pt. 2." Help me prioritize and decide where to spend my FAAB money:

Duke Johnson and Boston Scott are obviously expendable- I want to upgrade my RB depth with Malcolm Brown and/or Nyheim Hines.

But it's also tempting to spend some money and grab Parris Campbell - maybe drop Chris Thompson for him? I went lighter on WR depth because Kelce works as an extra WR.

Also, I don't need another QB, but I really, really want Minshew on the bench.

Malcolm Brown and Nyheim Hines went to guys who were willing to spend 51% and 33% of their FAAB on them, respectively. But I was able to snag Parris Campbell for 5% of mine, and Benny Snell was still available for free. So I don't think I'm going to regret it.

Now, who to drop for Minshew...

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Gearman posted:

Free Agent Auction Bidding. Instead of using waivers you bid on available players, much like an auction draft. That doc is suggested % of your budget to bid on players.

Free Agent Acquisition Budget imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
So here’s my current roster, 0.5 ppr:

QB: Brees
RB: Zeke
RB: Jonathan Taylor
WR: Godwin
WR: Woods
TE: Higbee
Flex: Kupp
D: who cares
K: who cares

Bench:
Golladay
RoJo
Phillip Lindsay
Latavius
Mike Gesicki
Desean Jackson
Benny Snell

I’m looking to drop someone for Minshew; Between Brees having a so-so week 1 and MT being hurt, I’d like a little insurance. Looking at Gesicki or DJax to drop, but I’d feel better with some advice.