Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

I tried to teach the wife how to drive stick but after hours of stalling the car across a number of sessions she just got annoyed about having to use her left foot for the first tim while driving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

What I found kind of interesting and also scary is as an American I can travel to another country where I know nothing about their road signs and possibly can't read the language but I'm happily given a rental car to drive around.

It is funny the massive upcharge some countries do for Americans that need an automatic rental.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

BigPaddy posted:

I tried to teach the wife how to drive stick but after hours of stalling the car across a number of sessions she just got annoyed about having to use her left foot for the first tim while driving.

I had to chose between teaching Mrs. Bastard driving a stick and staying married

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

NitroSpazzz posted:

What I found kind of interesting and also scary is as an American I can travel to another country where I know nothing about their road signs and possibly can't read the language but I'm happily given a rental car to drive around.

It is funny the massive upcharge some countries do for Americans that need an automatic rental.

One thing i noticed that english speaking countries seem to use a lot more words on their road signs. We tend to have a lot more signs that use pictographs to show what you can and cant do and less signs that literally spell out "DONT WALK!". I would think that would make it a bit easier to understand the signs if you dont speak the language.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
One of the hire cars I had in Japan had a magnetic sign put on the back by the rental guy saying basically "Foreigner driving! Please be patient!"

It was... unnecessary.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Combat Theory posted:

This is correct. The european premium car customer has successfully been re educated to value automatic transmissions or even worse DSGs over manuals...

I prefer manual over myself, one of the things I love about Europe.

The planned obselescence sucks, and maybe newer transmission designs have more of it built into them, but I have a 54-year-old Pontiac with an automatic transmission that has never been rebuilt.

The "worst drivers in Europe" tag was hung on Belgium when I lived in Switzerland in the 70s.

stevewm
May 10, 2005
As a dumb American... Why is manual so much more prevalent in Europe?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

stevewm posted:

Fuel economy, cheaper, less power loss in the transmission.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

In the UK if you don’t take your driving test with a manual you get a driving license that is auto only a well as a mark of shame.

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

stevewm posted:

It’s required by our pan-European warrior code, Büшîдø.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Sagebrush posted:

I got my driver's license in Canada, which certainly isn't as rigorous as say Germany, but it does have a three-level graduated scheme that takes at least 20 months and three practical tests from start to finish.

In contrast, some of my friends here in the states said that they had no driver's education whatsoever, and their test was four right turns around a city block then pulling forwards into a parking space and tada here's your license, see you when you turn 65.

I didn't even have to take a driving test, but that's because back in the 90s, if you went to driving school, your teacher could certify that you had enough hours behind the wheel with them present to "pass". I only had to do a written test (I think it was 20 or 30 questions, all multiple choice) and show proof that I was either enrolled in high school or graduated (that's still a requirement if you're under 18; I got my learner's permit at 15, full license at 16.. just had to get a form from my school). Also a vision check (which I have to repeat every time I renew, despite me being marked as "corrective lenses required" since day 1...).

Now in TX, you have to do a driving test, and if you want a driver license under the age of 25, you HAVE to do driving school. It used to be if you wanted one under 18, you had to do driver's ed or have your parents self-certify that they taught you.

Darchangel posted:

Our 2008 Kia Spectra5 5-speed has cruise control. It's definitely a "poverty-spec" thing, regardless of transmission. And the trans has little to do with the trim level on Kias, unless it's very recent. The Spec5 only came in "SX" trim, which was the highest trim level.

The Spec5 likes to eat them at about 70k miles. On the third clutch now.

Kia mostly got rid of manuals, except on two cars from what I can see on their website. You can't even get a Rio with one anymore, though you can get a Forte with one (on the base FE and the top GT Manual). Looks like the only other car they sell with a manual is the soul, and only on the base model (... without cruise; you can option cruise if you get the CVT :fuckoff:). The Forte has cruise with the manual, dunno why they strip it off of the Soul.

And clutch chat, ex-coworker averages about 60k out of his.

Mercury Ballistic posted:

My ancient manual toyota tacoma in 2000 had cruise and wind down windows. It would just cut out of cruise if it couldn't maintain speed.

That's what both of my Saturns did - if speed dropped by more than about 5 mph, cruise cut out.

My Subaru doesn't seem to cut out, but it'll go full WOT going up some steeper hills, and yet not freak out about losing speed. But.. it's also automatic.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

STR posted:

Kia mostly got rid of manuals, except on two cars from what I can see on their website. You can't even get a Rio with one anymore, though you can get a Forte with one (on the base FE and the top GT Manual). Looks like the only other car they sell with a manual is the soul, and only on the base model (... without cruise; you can option cruise if you get the CVT :fuckoff:). The Forte has cruise with the manual, dunno why they strip it off of the Soul..

Huh. Guess it doesn't really matter, anyway - most cars will be EV or hybrid at best in a decade (or less.)

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I went to Ireland last year and I was afraid to rent a manual because while I drive one every day, I thought that being on the opposite side of the road and also having to learn to shift with my left hand would be too much to process.

As it was I loved driving in Ireland and I only got honked at once in 8 days because I hosed up at a roundabout and cut someone off, otherwise it was awesome.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

AFewBricksShy posted:

I went to Ireland last year and I was afraid to rent a manual because while I drive one every day, I thought that being on the opposite side of the road and also having to learn to shift with my left hand would be too much to process.

As it was I loved driving in Ireland and I only got honked at once in 8 days because I hosed up at a roundabout and cut someone off, otherwise it was awesome.

Hell yeah manual rental in Ireland buddy. I only remember stalling out leaving the lot, and the rest was gravy. I read beforehand that they have some of the worst drivers in Europe, behind Italy, Spain and Greece and I think that put me on alert, but overall it was fine. Some of the best navigational signage I've seen as well, although heavy on text due to having two languages.

stevewm
May 10, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

I got my driver's license in Canada, which certainly isn't as rigorous as say Germany, but it does have a three-level graduated scheme that takes at least 20 months and three practical tests from start to finish.

In contrast, some of my friends here in the states said that they had no driver's education whatsoever, and their test was four right turns around a city block then pulling forwards into a parking space and tada here's your license, see you when you turn 65.

Its all over the drat place in the states. Some have required driver education tests, probationary periods, etc.. In some its pay the fee, here's your license!

In my state (Indiana). You can get a Learners permit at 15 if you are taking a state approved driving course. Otherwise, you must wait until you are 16 years and 9 months old, to obtain a learners permit, which you have to keep for 180 days. Then you can apply for your Probationary license once you have passed both the written and driving test. No driver education courses are required.

The driving test is just basic stuff. Turns, proper signaling, lane changes, parallel parking, etc.. The Probationary period lasts until you are 21, with the limits on what you can do changing with each year (like you must have a licensed driver over 21 present in the vehicle until you are 17, etc..). (https://www.in.gov/bmv/licenses-permits-ids/learners-permits-and-drivers-licenses-overview/drivers-license/probationary-drivers-license/)

Taking any driving course means you get to skip the driving tests issued by the state, but you still have to take the written test.

The rules where a bit different when I started driving. I took a driver education course as a high school class period when I was 15/16. I had my permit at 15 and my license the day I turned 16. The probationary period thing didn't exist at the time.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

My american driving in a foreign country mistake: in Iceland the left turn lane doesn't get a protected left turn when the light changes but I acted like I had one anyways.

Oopsie.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

xzzy posted:

My american driving in a foreign country mistake: in Iceland the left turn lane doesn't get a protected left turn when the light changes but I acted like I had one anyways.

Oopsie.

Imported a Pittsburgh left to Reykjavik.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

StormDrain posted:

Hell yeah manual rental in Ireland buddy. I only remember stalling out leaving the lot, and the rest was gravy. I read beforehand that they have some of the worst drivers in Europe, behind Italy, Spain and Greece and I think that put me on alert, but overall it was fine. Some of the best navigational signage I've seen as well, although heavy on text due to having two languages.

No I totally chickened out and got an automatic.

I found Ireland a dream to drive in. I was in Naples about 15 years ago, that was loving terrifying. I had planned on driving to Rome from Naples, after the taxi ride from the airport to the hotel where we a) almost ran over about 400 people on scooters b) narrowly dodged a car fire in the middle of the highway and c) nearly hit about 400 pedestrians I cancelled the car rental and bought train tickets.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Sep 15, 2020

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

AFewBricksShy posted:

No I totally chickened out and got an automatic.

I found Ireland a dream to drive in. I was in Naples about 15 years ago, that was loving terrifying. I had planned on driving to Rome from Naples, after the taxi ride from the airport to the hotel where we a) almost ran over about 400 people on scooters b) narrowly dodged a car fire in the middle of the highway and c) nearly hit about 400 pedestrians I cancelled the car rental and bought train tickets.

Ahh I misunderstood. I don't drive a stick normally, but I did own my pickup back then so I was practiced on it. It was very easy to adjust, and I'm a guy who grabs the air where a column shifter would be when I switch from my daily Sierra to my wife's Escape with a console shifter.

Something about sitting on the wrong side of the car makes it easier to adjust.

It was my first time with a stop-start car too and that took a moment to get used to.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
As is my understanding, the tiny assed 73.872 hp motors that you got in Europe for the longest time basically needed a manual to make the most out of them and actually drive on the "motorways/carriageways" etc relatively safely. Whereas in Freedom land, the giant rear end V8s could run with lovely rear end rudimentary autos and still have enough guts to pass on the highways and whatnot.

Also, cheap gas in freedom land so nobody cared if the autotragic got like 5mpg worse fuel economy compared to the manual.

Also Fat 'muricans need the hand free so they can cram baconators down their gullets while they drive. Gotta make the most efficient us of time possible.

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

tactlessbastard posted:

Real pilots fly tail draggers. :colbert:

QFT

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I recall Seat Safety Switch telling us a story about italian driving a few years ago. Something like he realized they were maniacs when his taxi driver overtook someone on the left sidewalk, while they were overtaking someone using the left lane, around a blind corner.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

kastein posted:

I recall Seat Safety Switch telling us a story about italian driving a few years ago. Something like he realized they were maniacs when his taxi driver overtook someone on the left sidewalk, while they were overtaking someone using the left lane, around a blind corner.

There were a couple good stories from Rome, our first taxi driver there in a manual small-displacement S-class pushed a scooter up onto the sidewalk while taking a roundabout (there are no lane markings on Roman roundabouts, apparently) and the guy on the scooter continued riding as if nothing had happened, weaving between pedestrians and forcing the pedestrians back into the street and into the path of the taxi.

He did later overtake a car that wasn't moving quickly enough through a populated area by driving half on a sidewalk and half on a bicycle lane going the wrong way in rush-hour traffic.

When we were getting coffee in Rome, a dude in a two-piece suit with one of the hottest women I've ever seen on the back of his Vespa had to stop and get off to push her and the Vespa up a mild incline (like wheelchair-accessible-ramp incline) because it was pushing blue and rod knocking. It sounded like it was a good throttle pull away from complete death and no longer had enough power to move forward at sea level on a slight hill. When I checked the license plate out of curiosity, it was a just-renewed registration from the other side of the country, which presumably meant he rode hundreds of kilometers with a near-death scooter on Italian superhighways to get here.

Later, we had a guy in a Fiat Punto who would acknowledge but not obey red lights by clutching in and banging the engine off the fuel cut to warn pedestrians of his presence. That was at 3 am, he made great time getting us to the airport, where a carabinieri yelled at him because he dropped us off right at the terminal building instead of in the drop-off area.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Sep 15, 2020

stevewm
May 10, 2005

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Terrible driving in Italy...

So Italy is like Europe's Florida?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

stevewm posted:

So Italy is like Europe's Florida?

No, urban Italians are expert precision drivers. You could put a Roman 16-year-old on an autocross course blindfolded and they would get #1 in raw time.

Floridans have ego but no ability; Italians have ability and ego.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Even my Mk3 Jetta TDI Manual had cruise control. Worked great.

warcake
Apr 10, 2010
In the UK you used to have to take your semi or bus licence test in a manual if you wanted a full manual entitlement for those. Luckily I took mine after the rules changed in 2013 to allow you to take your test in an auto and still get a manual license as long as you passed your car test in a manual.
Are semi trucks still mostly manual in the US?
Most european trucks over 7.5t are automated manuals and i don't think you could even buy a bus with a manual box if you wanted to.

Also, gently caress the last guy who did this oil filter up (my coworker) 25 NM, its written on the filter dude.
For scale, this is a 9L engine and those filters hold around 2 litres of oil each.

I had to chisel it off

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Shai-Hulud posted:

Just to put this into perspective. This is whats necessary to get a Class B licence (Cars up to 3,5t, up to 8 people and a trailer that weighs a maximum of 750kg as long as this does not put the car/trailer combo over 3,5t) in germany. Class B is the "normal" licence most people get:

- 18 years old (you can get a licence at 17 but you need to be accompanied while driving by a person thats at least 30 years old, had a licence for at least 5 years and is sober until you turn 18)
- pass a first aid course (at least nine 45 minute lessons)
- have your eyes checked
- theoretical education is at least 14 lessons of 90 minutes. At the end you get a 30 question multiple choice quiz and if you fail you have to redo the quiz which costs about 25€ every time (failure is based on point system, usually it takes 2-3 wrong answers to fail)
- actual driving is is done "as needed" but at least 5 lessons outside of cities, 4 on the Autobahn and 3 in the dark. Usually you take a couple of lessons more to really get the hang of it though. Oh yeah this is of course all done in a manual car. If you learn in an automatic you are only allowed to drive automatics.
- The final driving test takes about 45 minutes and is absolute hell. If you make more than one mistake you are pretty much done for the day. That includes stuff like not checking your mirrors or surroundings correctly every time you are supposed to. Most people i know failed this at least once. Taking the test costs about 100€ each time.

All of this will cost between 1000-2000€ depending on how many additional driving lessons you need and if you fail any of the tests.

In italy it's pretty much the same beside the mandatory coursework and drive lessons. If you want, you could do everything on your own, ace the written and practical test and you are golden.

My worse driving experience even as a bad italian driver was in cab in instanbul where the cabbie ran like he was trying to outrun Loeb or something in a rally race, we were pretty much hugging the roof handles while bouncing at every stop or curve.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think there have been some automatic trucks in the US, but I think most of them are still 18 speed manuals.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Had a cab driver in Warsaw who skipped traffic by driving up an embankment to where they were building a new road and drove between all the heavy plant parked up since it was late evening and the workers had gone home.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

AFewBricksShy posted:

The only thing I had a hard time getting use to, going from driving in Australia to Europe was checking my mirror up and to my left, going "ah gently caress" then checking it up and to my right.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Semi trucks with automatics are getting more common, but it's still rare enough that knowing how to shift a manual is a basic requirement of truck driving.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

No, urban Italians are expert precision drivers. You could put a Roman 16-year-old on an autocross course blindfolded and they would get #1 in raw time.

Floridans have ego but no ability; Italians have ability and ego.

Yeah that cab driver, while insane, was an amazing driver.
My biggest shock was the car fire. There’s a 6 lane highway that has walls on both sides (possibly the a3 based off of google maps) and the car was on fire in the middle lane going towards the coast. This would have been probably around 3 in the afternoon.
There wasn’t a traffic jam. Everyone just dodged out of the way at the last second. It was insane. I drive every day in Philly, the north east corridor is known for its rear end in a top hat aggressive drivers. It is nothing compared to Italy.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Sep 16, 2020

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

The Longer you want your equipment to run the more basic it gets.

Truck Transmissions are gargantuan and look complex at first glance (18 gears reads weard) but most often youll find at the base a very very simple 4 Speed fwd + 1 reverse + Crawler Manual gearbox. it is even simpler than car gearboxes because it is not synchronized. Synchronizers are friction based and wear, therefore they have no place in a transmission supposed to run millions of miles.

The High number is because you have 2 additional 2 Speed Transmissions in line. One Transmission is a Range selector. When you ran through the gears on the low range (1-4) you change the Range to High and go back into 1 which is now 5.

This makes a 4 speed manual into an 8 speed manual. It also explains why Truck Transmissions are always geometrically spaced and not degressive like Car Gears (Degressive = The higher the gear, the closer the ratio to the gear before that, Geometric = Ratio jump always the same)

Additionally to the range you have a Split Gear selector. The Power Band of a Truck can be quite Narrow so in order to optimize for example an uphill run or to accelerate fastest, you split the gears which means that if you are in second gear (Low Range) you can split into 2L and 2H and these are meant to follow upon eachother. So you shift 1L-1H-2l-2H.....4H-Range High-> 5L-5H....

Every Shift action on any of the 3 Transmissions requires clutch actuation (or a Throttle lift to get the load of the Teeth). Because the Inertia Momentum of the Transmission Shafts and gears is very high compared to a car and spin down after pressing the clutch takes a long time, you have an additional stage in the clutch that engages a clutch brake. You use this to slow the Transmission down when you want to get going from a stand still and are not in gear yet.

Because you do not have Syncro Rings, you have to Rev-Match the Transmission which means exactly time clutch movement and Stick movement on Upshifts and Double-Clutching on Down shifts.

Manual Trucks absolutely rule and are a ton of fun to drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A61jd-n-K2c

E: in use. He does not split low range. but splits the high Range. Side Selector is the Split, Front selector is the Range. he doesnt use the crawler obviously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xch76KdV0n8

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Sep 16, 2020

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Combat Theory posted:

The Longer you want your equipment to run the more basic it gets.

Truck Transmissions are gargantuan and look complex at first glance (18 gears reads weard) but most often youll find at the base a very very simple 4 Speed fwd + 1 reverse + Crawler Manual gearbox. it is even simpler than car gearboxes because it is not synchronized. Synchronizers are friction based and wear, therefore they have no place in a transmission supposed to run millions of miles.

The High number is because you have 2 additional 2 Speed Transmissions in line. One Transmission is a Range selector. When you ran through the gears on the low range (1-4) you change the Range to High and go back into 1 which is now 5.

This makes a 4 speed manual into an 8 speed manual. It also explains why Truck Transmissions are always geometrically spaced and not degressive like Car Gears (Degressive = The higher the gear, the closer the ratio to the gear before that, Geometric = Ratio jump always the same)

Additionally to the range you have a Split Gear selector. The Power Band of a Truck can be quite Narrow so in order to optimize for example an uphill run or to accelerate fastest, you split the gears which means that if you are in second gear (Low Range) you can split into 2L and 2H and these are meant to follow upon eachother. So you shift 1L-1H-2l-2H.....4H-Range High-> 5L-5H....

Every Shift action on any of the 3 Transmissions requires clutch actuation. Because the Inertia Momentum of the Transmission Shafts and gears is very high compared to a car and spin down after pressing the clutch takes a long time, you have an additional stage in the clutch that engages a clutch brake. You use this to slow the Transmission down when you want to get going from a stand still and are not in gear yet.

Because you do not have Syncro Rings, you have to Rev-Match the Transmission which means exactly time clutch movement and Stick movement on Upshifts and Double-Clutching on Down shifts.

Manual Trucks absolutely rule and are a ton of fun to drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A61jd-n-K2c

Goddamnit, now I'm going to have to start watching semi truck reviews...ugh.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

My if I was a 1%er plan would be to get one of those semi trucks converted to campers, but instead of being all camper it would have a small living area then a platform with a winch with a small 4x4 on the back. A Jimny or old Wrangler or something along those lines.

Then just road trip and hit the trails until truck stop food kills me.

So yeah now I'm looking at semi videos too and wondering how to get rich.

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost
Automated manual and automatic transmissions should dominate the new truck market now. Most OEMs have their own proprietary offering, and they all have an Eaton AMT coupled with Cummins (I think International is the only one using Eaton behind their engine). 18-speeds are rare, but I don't think they are getting rarer. It's a niche market. The AMTs are taking over the 10- and 13-speeds.

You don't need to be rich to buy a truck. Get an old one and convert it.
But if you're ever thinking about driving, get your Class A now and keep your medical card current to maintain it. New training requirements are coming in Feb 2022 (pushed back from this year) that make it harder. So learn to drive badly quickly now.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Ah, so call up Swift?

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost
:hellyeah: as long as you don't have any contractual obligations from it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

warcake posted:

In the UK you used to have to take your semi or bus licence test in a manual if you wanted a full manual entitlement for those. Luckily I took mine after the rules changed in 2013 to allow you to take your test in an auto and still get a manual license as long as you passed your car test in a manual.
Are semi trucks still mostly manual in the US?

Most of this was answered, but in the US there isn't any testing requirement for driving a manual non-commercial auto. But if you take your CDL test in a truck with an automatic you're restricted to automatic trucks. Air brakes, 5th wheel, manual transmission will earn you a license restriction if not present on the truck you bring to test with.

We don't have semis at work, so I unfortunately earned a pintle hook restriction.

SNiPER_Magnum posted:

Automated manual and automatic transmissions should dominate the new truck market now. Most OEMs have their own proprietary offering, and they all have an Eaton AMT coupled with Cummins (I think International is the only one using Eaton behind their engine). 18-speeds are rare, but I don't think they are getting rarer. It's a niche market. The AMTs are taking over the 10- and 13-speeds.

You don't need to be rich to buy a truck. Get an old one and convert it.
But if you're ever thinking about driving, get your Class A now and keep your medical card current to maintain it. New training requirements are coming in Feb 2022 (pushed back from this year) that make it harder. So learn to drive badly quickly now.

What changes are they making?