Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

He did only say 'evacuate the city' and not 'evacuate Rubaya', which is something. Although it's possible the standing evacuation order is to get everyone through the gate anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

It also shows that Solomon, despite his many faults, actually cares about his people.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-5-50/

preparing for that gog heel turn

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Paramemetic posted:

And it would seem super bold of Jagganoth to just go straight for Rayuba while two of the demiurges are there. Let alone 3.

Ripe for the harvest that is.

I took it as just... his expression and not a literal red glow. I don't think he's showing up but we'll see

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That's the perfect time to do it if he can eliminate his biggest problems in one fell swoop; Solomon, Janis and Gog-Agog are his biggest threats by a wide margin.

exactly

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Ripe for the harvest that is.

I took it as just... his expression and not a literal red glow. I don't think he's showing up but we'll see

He's looking at Janis' glass cube as she etches something unseen across it. That's what's big, red, and making Solomon freak the gently caress out. What do we know is big, red, and could actually make Solomon freak the gently caress out like that with just an image of it?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe Jagganoth's first strike won't be an invading army but instead tossing moons at planets/cities.

I mean just because he's an apparently unkillable giant warrior of doom who forges magical weapons for the end times doesn't mean he can't also appreciate some sort of eldritch rocket boosters for steller destruction or something.

Every asteroid a potential missile or something like that.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
Jagganoth's whole deal is that he's a super-genius as well as being an indestructible hulk, right? A moon drop seems right up his alley.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Daktar posted:

Jagganoth's whole deal is that he's a super-genius as well as being an indestructible hulk, right? A moon drop seems right up his alley.

Is he a super genius? I just thought he was more mundanely intelligent and scholarly, in addition to being a powerhouse.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Fister Roboto posted:

I can't stop thinking about how effective this page is about setting the tone. Basically the whole chapter has been establishing Solomon as the king of cool, a dude with absolutely unbreakable poise, completely unflappable, always calm and collected. We barely see him crack a smile during the fight.

I dunno, he looks pretty dang stoked to me.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Mr. Lobe posted:

Is he a super genius? I just thought he was more mundanely intelligent and scholarly, in addition to being a powerhouse.

The Ben Shapiro of Demiurges.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I like that we're getting a potential Solomon David heel/face turn right as he's about to get wrecked.

Really wondering what Auntie Maya's been doing this whole tournament.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Demiurge4 posted:

there's a lot of things people might call ben shapiro for whatever reason, but "a powerhouse" is definitely not one of those things

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

habeasdorkus posted:

I like that we're getting a potential Solomon David heel/face turn right as he's about to get wrecked.

I have no doubt she has found the nearest noodles and has been following along with the excitement

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

habeasdorkus posted:

My guess is eating

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Mr. Lobe posted:

Abaddon's said that Jagganoth's intended design is to subvert the 'big dumb brute' thing, the clearest picture we have of him from the early days has him posing as The Thinker, and he's the one of the demiurges that deliberately attempts to incorporate high-tech into his armies. I don't know if he's supposed to be a straight-up super-genius, but intellect is kind of his defining advantage among the seven.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

habeasdorkus posted:

David heel/face turn right as he's about to get wrecked.

I'm trying to imagine that looks like.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Mr. Lobe posted:

according to side materials he's an accomplished engineer, strategist and poet

i guess jagg is one of those types who devotes himself to every aspect of warfare, not just the explodey parts

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

If Jagg has genuinely applied himself to self-improvement for centuries upon centuries, he very well may have become an ultra genius by present day.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

I feel like I don't really know enough about Jadis to be worried here. I mean, yes, this is probably nothing good, but I don't understand what Jadis' deal is.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Inglonias posted:

I feel like I don't really know enough about Jadis to be worried here. I mean, yes, this is probably nothing good, but I don't understand what Jadis' deal is.

jadis used to rival jagganoth in power and skill, and decided to make use of her talents to envision the shape of the Wheel, which granted her absolute knowledge of everything, everywhere, forever, and also left some, uh, disconcerting physical scars, as you can see (for reference, Aesma envisioned the Wheel and it made her eyes explode)

now she's a fatalistic paperweight used as a glorified figurehead by the theocracy built up around her prophecies. anything that compels her to act on her own would have to be unspeakably dire

e: abaddon also said that the only thing she wants now is to die, which would probably make jagganoth's omnicidal campaign sound really appealing

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Sep 16, 2020

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Jadis' deal here seems to be that she brings a dire warning.

The glow seems to come from the red runes she can display on her crystal prison, and Solomon takes a few moments to read before sounding the evacuation order.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

M_Gargantua posted:

She's been trying to warn them for millennia now, but she only gets a solid hhhhhhhh before someone interrupts her.

This is also seemingly the moment of prophecy

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-4-77/

Can I just say again how much I love that the heir of prophecy was depicted wearing hotpants :allears:

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Fister Roboto posted:

We barely see him crack a smile during the fight.

Oh, idk about that.

efb

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Jagganoth's superpower is that he hasn't fallen into complacency and has a goal to look forward to. Say what you will but the guy is driven.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
My take is its not so much self improvement as a terrible force of will, hes an endlessly self sharpening constantly cutting blade and the ultimate expression of the sword, the physical embodiment of the reason why any sane person should flee from it and never take it up.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Motherfucker posted:

My take is its not so much self improvement as a terrible force of will, hes an endlessly self sharpening constantly cutting blade and the ultimate expression of the sword, the physical embodiment of the reason why any sane person should flee from it and never take it up.

royalty is a sparrow's wing cutting through the air, one infinite noodle slicing eternally through the broth of the heavens

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I plied my knowledge and the dark arts to become the chopstick, taking mastery of the noodle

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

even I could not stop the spinning of the noodle toward ruin

The shape of the universe is not an "I", what appears to be one long unbroken noodle is in truth 6 billion individual grains of rice

attack and defeat God, scatter his noodle to windward

friendship has ended with infinity noodle, now rice bowl revolution is my best friend

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
It's important to remember that universal destruction isn't Jagganoth's goal, but the means to his objective. Of all the demiurges, he's the only one who is actively striving to end the endless cycle of warfare, misery, and destruction. It's just that he's been lead down a dark path by a false prophet and is pursuing an insane means towards his true desire.

Even then our understanding of what Jagganoth's wants are come almost exclusively from Mottom's lips, and her worldview is skewed, to say the least.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Sep 16, 2020

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I mean turbo murderfucking all the other demiurges is a valid goal but jaggs is ALSO a demiurge so the demiurge problem doesn't die with him.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Motherfucker posted:

I mean turbo murderfucking all the other demiurges is a valid goal but jaggs is ALSO a demiurge so the demiurge problem doesn't die with him.

Might be planning on a divine suicide

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Who What Now posted:

I dunno, he looks pretty dang stoked to me.

No one was looking except the person he was expecting to blow him into a million bloody pieces.

Its also a hood scene because thats also a crack in his mask.

Mr. Lobe posted:

Might be planning on a divine suicide

I thinks it been stated somewhere but Jags is Omnicidal.
Hell kill everyone then himself.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

A.o.D. posted:

It's important to remember that universal destruction isn't Jagganoth's goal, but the means to his objective. Of all the demiurges, he's the only one who is actively striving to end the endless cycle of warfare, misery, and destruction. It's just that he's been lead down a dark path by a false prophet and is pursuing an insane means towards his true desire.

Even then our understanding of what Jagganoth's wants are come almost exclusively from Mottom's lips, and her worldview is skewed, to say the least.

Almost every time we've seen the guy out of his mask he looks super depressed

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Renaissance Robot posted:

Almost every time we've seen the guy out of his mask he looks super depressed

Yup. I think it's because he cannot find any other way to break the cycle. I don't think he wants to do it, but I also believe that he is absolutely committed to his goal and any attempt to show him a different way would likely be viewed as a deception.

Edit: also I think his grief is in part because he acknowledges his guilt in the state of the multiverse. As a child soldier, he had horrors inflicted upon him and inflicted horrors upon others. He seems self aware enough to acknowledge his role in why everything is so awful but at the same time his prior experiences and the suspect counsel he received from 2 Michael (and possibly 1 Metatron?) Have skewed his worldview to seeing things as being worse than they really are.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Sep 16, 2020

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

The demiurges seem mostly pretty unhappy. Mammon and Jadis openly want to die, Nadia was crippled by anxiety before her husband got killed again, Davey seems to have some pretty depressive ennui, Gog-Agog has fun but also doesn't seem happy with herself and constantly craves more. Incubus is a bitter 'lol nothing matters' type and he might be the closest to satisfaction? Which is pretty hosed up because he's pretty far from it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Oxxidation posted:

according to side materials he's an accomplished engineer, strategist and poet

i guess jagg is one of those types who devotes himself to every aspect of warfare, not just the explodey parts

So he's Perturabo.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Demiurge4 posted:

Now hypothetically, hypothetically, let's assume I'm a god of the seven part world...

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

TwoPair posted:

Now hypothetically, hypothetically, let's assume I'm a god of the seven part world...

Let's say, let's say, for the sake of the argument, that all the worlds get plunged into oblivion in the next 100 years, in the next 10 years, their very being dissolved into nothingness; do you really think the people living in affected areas won't just sell their homes and move somewhere else?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
— let's say, let's say for the sake of argument, that Jagganoth brings the war of all against all to these people's worlds, and it destroys these worlds, let's say that happens.

Do you think people aren't going to just sell their homes and move?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Schwarzwald posted:

— let's say, let's say for the sake of argument, that Jagganoth brings the war of all against all to these people's worlds, and it destroys these worlds, let's say that happens.

Do you think people aren't going to just sell their homes and move?

I want to see the prospective buyers doing home inspections of rubble, acting as if everything is perfectly normal and the sky isn't on fire.