Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Roosevelt posted:

i don't like water. it's wet and smooth and irritating, and it gets everywhere

whereas i dont like it because fish gently caress in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

:rolleyes: it's called flavor

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i learned yesterday that male black bass make a nest for the fish babby eggs and guard them until they hatch :3:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

AnimeIsTrash posted:

There is a lot of obvious incel fanfic that the r/relationships community falls for.

I do love how the majority of the guy ones are something completely trivial about their partner or how their partner won't allow them them to display their nerd hobby collection, mancave, etc.

no one knows how to wipe they rear end

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Silver Alicorn posted:

I think multiple people have admitted to making poo poo up for r/relationships

yeah there's been articles on it and stuff where they track down writers

i maintain that the biggest giveaway is when they just post their initial story and don't interact in the comments at all

also here have some psychotic poo poo i dug up in the beforetimes

My [29M] girlfriend [28F] of 5 years emotionally cheated on me with an autistic guy who calls her "little rat" and uses behaviorist techniques to manipulate her

quote:

She met this classmate when she began her master's degree a year and a half ago. For at least the past year, they've had an emotional and abusive relationship. He tells her how to feel and what to do, and she obliges. And she gives him hope that they might be together someday. But it gets a lot worse, and a lot weirder.

He's a high-functioning autist, and suggested she is an autist too. In fact, he informally diagnosed her, despite not being a doctor at all, and she apparently believed this quite quickly. They became closer and closer as they searched together for an official diagnosis of autism for her. He'd tell her which doctors to go to, and even went with her and kept constant contact with her psychiatrist throughout her tests. He and the psychiatrist would talk for hours about her case, and he constantly tried to push this diagnosis onto her and the psychiatrist.

He calls her "little rat". She says she didn't like this nickname at first, but she never stopped him. He kept using it and eventually she started calling him "little rat" too, and together they were "little rats" who do things like "have little rat coffee", which was meeting at a coffee shop to talk. There were some common phrases he used like "little rats help each other" to keep them together. He also called her a "silly little rat" when she did things he didn't like, or a "runaway little rat" if she distanced herself from him even a little bit. She never complained about this name calling. If she behaved how he wanted, she was a “smart little rat” or an “assertive little rat”. He would talk about behaviorism sometimes.

I know all this because I have all their texts between March 2019 and now. She gave them to me after I confronted her with a few questions. It began with me asking how she’d get to the psychiatrist for her final diagnosis, and she answered it was by boat. This is highly unusual. I asked her how she went there last time, and she said her autistic friend took her. I said I felt upset that she hadn’t asked me to go and support her instead. Later, I asked why the autistic friend hadn’t been at an important academic event for her that I had gone to. She confessed that it was because he liked her and didn’t want to be in the same place as her boyfriend. I asked her if she liked him, and she said no.

I asked a lot of questions. I got partial truths or outright lies at first, but as I kept asking, she revealed more and more. She thought of leaving me to be with him. She thought about what it’d be like to kiss him, and to have sex with him. She admitted that she emotionally cheated on me. After this admission, I asked her “did you cheat on me?” and she said no. I explained that she had just admitted emotionally cheating, and asked again. She said “I don’t know”. I explained more and tried once again, and she said yes. This is how a lot of the questioning would go. She says they never kissed or had sex, but this is irrelevant to me at this point.

She had her part in this too. She let herself into that relationship, and kept it going. She invited him to do a Psychology undergrad together for 5 years after they finish their master's, which hasn't happened yet. This was so they could follow their master plan of diagnosing her, working and researching together, creating apps and games for autistic children and having a successful company in the autism space, particularly in diagnosing. He promised her a job and a MacBook Air. She played him just as much as he played her, promising a future together. He'd tell her he liked her and they had to find a solution to their problem (me), but she led him on, always telling him they’d figure something out eventually.

This past year, she’s been depressed a lot of the time and suicidal for a few weeks. I was her suicide watcher for several days, as she had she had a fantasy of jumping out of my bedroom window. This was a terrible time for us. She was adjusting her medication, and, meanwhile and unknown to me, he was telling her how her depression wasn’t that bad, her suicidal thoughts were nothing, her suicide watch was unnecessary, and telling her which medications she could and couldn’t take.

Initially, I told her we’d work through this together. I asked her not to contact him ever again, and to be completely honest with me from now on, and hide nothing. The next day, she hid something else from me. She threw a little piece of paper he had given her in the toilet trash, along with a rat origami he had given her (called Sam). That day, I was reading their texts (over 20k messages total) and happened to stumble upon them talking about a “Certification” he had given her, and one she had given him. I asked her about this, and she told me she had trashed it earlier. I started going through the trash and she came over to help me. She found it – it was carefully wrapped in toilet paper so that I wouldn’t find it – and I read it. It said:

> “The Federal Council of Little Rats confers this certification to [her name], in recognition of her constant effort, intervention and kindness throughout the year of 2019.”

She had given him one too. It was about how he was the first person to recognize her potential. This stung very deep, because I was always extremely supportive of her and worked so hard to help her reach her potential.

After a few days of asking questions and gathering material, I asked her to leave our apartment, which we just rented together. I asked her to give me time to think, but she’s been messaging me. I thought she was showing interest in keeping our relationship together, but now I fear that she’s just trying to manipulate me into staying. He has been messaging her too, and, while she hasn’t replied, his messages to her are very similar to her messages to me. They both apologize, show impatience, make subtle criticisms, offer distance but admit they weren’t able to give space, say they didn’t mean to do this, invoke good memories, mention their own suffering to appear as a victim, impose feelings onto the other person, and magnify their problems.

It’s hard to see all this from a person I’ve been with for 5 years, and whom I’ve loved so much. I knew she was talking to this guy, and that he had suggested she had autism, and that she was taking tests, but that’s all I knew. I had an intuition something was wrong, but I trusted her. I'm going back to therapy tomorrow.

I'd also like to say that I have nothing against autists, and what happened has little to do with autism in my opinion. It's actually about abusive and emotionally sick people.

He'd tell her what to expect from the autism tests, and they'd discuss strategies on how to bypass the "bias detection" that might catch her in wanting to be diagnosed with autism. This is one of their conversation after she finished a test:

>Him: Were you “good”?

>Her: I think I was a little rat

>Him: Then great 🐭

When I asked her about this, she admitted that "good" meant displaying autistic traits.

tl;dr: My girlfriend of 5 years has been emotionally cheating on me for a year. She was in an abusive relationship with an autistic guy who calls her "little rat" and uses behaviorism to manipulate her. She went along with it and has been leading both him and me on for a year. I asked her to leave our apartment and I'm thinking what to do. I'm going back to therapy tomorrow.

UPDATE: My [29M] girlfriend [28F] of 5 years emotionally cheated on me with an autistic guy who calls her "little rat" and uses behaviorist techniques to manipulate her

quote:

This is an update to my previous post, which was removed from this sub. I made a new account to comply with the rules. I’m going to leave a comment with my old account below to verify that this update is real.

I broke up with "Rat Girl", as some of you nicknamed her. I called her mom to make sure she was close to her (since she’s suicidal) and sent a short message. For a while I was thinking of reconciling, but then I realized the whole truth about her.

In my previous post, I was still focused on "Rat Boy". He was manipulative, a psycho, etc. It’s all true, but it’s not all. I was in denial about Rat Girl’s participation in the whole thing. It’s like there were two of her: my girlfriend and Rat Girl, and they weren’t the same person to me. I didn’t want them to be.

My girlfriend was sweet, kind and loyal. Rat Girl was manipulative, selfish and disrespectful. Which one was real? Both, I guess, in their own moments. But I looked for my girlfriend and I couldn’t find her anymore. There was just Rat Girl.

The thing that opened my eyes was seeing his latest messages to her. I had asked her to go no contact with him, but not block him – just ghost him. This was so I could read his new messages – which I knew he would send, because crazy people hate losing control – and gain new information.

His messages were, as expected, manipulative and crazy. He even sent an audio crying. He reminded her of the nice things she had done for him. They had to keep seeing each other. He wanted to give her space, but he couldn’t bear not talking to her. He was suffering so much. He never meant to hurt her.

While he attempted to manipulate his way back into her life, I maintained some contact with Rat Girl. I showed some vulnerability by sending her a few songs, and that’s when she pounced. She reminded me of the nice things I had done for her – we had to keep seeing each other. She wanted to give me space, but couldn’t bear not talking to me. She was suffering so much. She never meant to hurt me. This was my eureka moment. I could see clearly: I was being emotionally manipulated.

From that realization on, I ignored her for a week while I collected myself. I read a few books which helped me:

• Leave a Cheater, Gain a Life: This book is the kick in the butt you need to leave a cheating SO. It perfectly explains why cheaters cheat and what to do about it (leave), but it doesn’t tell you what to do next.
  • Now What? A Guide for Men Starting Over in Life After Infidelity, Breakup and Divorce: This book motivates you to work on yourself and take care of your body and mind, and to avoid dating for a while after a breakup. It’s good for short-term action and superficial self-improvement.
  • Whole Again: This is the real deal. It’s about self-love, why some people don’t have it and why they seek dysfunctional love in relationships. It promotes mindfulness as a path to long-term healing.

So then I realized a few things about myself. I’m a people pleaser, codependent, a caretaker and I help people who can’t be helped in order to avoid my own core issues. I’ve had chronic back pain for years from bottled up emotions. A lot of these emotions have been coming out recently.

My therapist said Rat Girl is probably BPD. My ex was BPD too. I already knew about BPD when I ended my previous relationship. I should’ve known. I feel dumb for falling for the same trap again. Untreated BPDs are emotional vampires and that's how my previous relationships went. I don’t want to keep doing that.

I’m going to spend some time alone and working on myself and my projects. I’m not going to date anyone for a while. I’ll focus on cultivating my friendships and making new, healthy friends. I’m going on a cool day trip this weekend to see nature. I’m also planning on going to a yoga class.

I don’t know how Rat Girl and Rat Boy are doing. I wish I could say I don’t care, but I still don’t want them to end up together. But there’s nothing I can do about it now, so I’ll have to learn to let that go and focus on myself and my happiness.

As for the psychiatrist who was discussing Rat Girl’s case with Rat Boy, I’ll leave it up to her to do something about it, if she wants to. I’m not the harmed party in that, she is. So it’s not up to me to seek justice.

Thanks everyone!

TL;DR: I broke up with her.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

why do you read all that it’s just stressful

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i don't see why we can't just write this ourselves. i'm gonna get started right now. does anyone know what #include means?

It means that you should include all people, regardless of race, religion, sexuality, or economic background.

It was a test and you failed, friend.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

fart simpson posted:

idgi either. i guess it's shaden for readers

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
a real system shock

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

fart simpson posted:

it's probably more entertaining if you've dated crazy people

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Sagebrush posted:

every story on r/relationshits:

(A) "I work a ton of hours and when i got home from work i just want to watch the game and relax and have dinner on the table. last night there was no food when i got in so i might have raised my voice at my girlfriend a little. she snapped back at me and threw a package of cold hot dogs in my face. i kicked her out because i don't take that kind of crap and now she's staying with her friend. how can i get her back but also tell her to quit being a whiny oval office? also this may not be relevant but both her parents were killed in a car crash two weeks ago."

(B) "I (22F) am feeling upset with my husband (39M) because he doesn't wash his rear end and he smears poo poo on the bed when he sits on it naked and last time i tried to perform oral sex i threw up a little in my mouth. also he punches holes in the wall when he loses at video games and he took my pet dog to the pound (i got her back fortunately) because he thinks i'm too old for pets. would i be the rear end in a top hat if i brought up my problems with him? am i being a bitch?"

Don’t doxx me thx.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

not especially

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
reading most of reddit is basically self-harm

hell, most of the internet in general

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

psiox posted:

hell, most of the internet in general

its this

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

The r/relationships thread is full of guys who are super pissed off when their wife is gregnant with a girl and it's just so loving bizarre.

the fuckers don't want to pass down anything either except an unwavering love for star bad and contempt for women

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

false

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/InsideEVs/status/1305949514856050688?s=20

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Never read the comments

quote:

Tom610
15 hours ago edited
More FUD from an ICE owner. Seriously Gus, why do you hate Tesla so much? Did Trevor Milton pay you to write these articles, or did the oil industry pay you?

It's amazing that I'm being down voted on an EV website for pointing out that the author doesn't have an EV and doesn't want one! LOL Just goes to show how many anti-EV trolls hang around on this site!

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

kinda curious about the native language of the person who picked 'when in movement' for the headline :wtc:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I got an ad for Chevy Equinoxes while looking at that, and my thought was, Chevys are garbage cars, but at least they don't fall apart like that.

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

Imagine any other major car manufacturer having so many flaws in their product

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
If a rogue tesla is stalking your neighborhood, you can try to wave a bike at it while playing children sounds. If you can evade it in time the tesla will get confused and scared and speed away while shedding pieces of itself like a weird octopus lizard.

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-54175359

quote:

The back-up driver of an Uber self-driving car that killed a pedestrian has been charged with negligent homicide.
Elaine Herzberg, aged 49, was hit by the car as she wheeled a bicycle across the road in Tempe, Arizona, in 2018.
Investigators said the car's safety driver, Rafael Vasquez, had been streaming an episode of the television show The Voice at the time.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

it's just helping to confuse missiles coming at you. can your chevy do that? checkmate, oil-lover!

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

RustyKnight posted:

as someone that had a panel repainted free by one of those car companies due to a brake light rubbing oddly this is all fascinating

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

They should charge the actual driver and its maker instead of the legal fuse installed in the car.

And yes she hosed up, sure, in a situation basically designed for her to gently caress up.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

RustyKnight posted:

Tesla is worth more than all other car manufacturers (except Toyota) combined.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Sagebrush posted:

wow! sounds like theyre pretty good at making cars!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

that's becuase they are a tech company not a car company duh :rolleye:

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

SIGSEGV posted:

They should charge the actual driver and its maker instead of the legal fuse installed in the car.

And yes she hosed up, sure, in a situation basically designed for her to gently caress up.

Yeah I know we're all perfect in this thread, but it is almost impossible to do her job right 100% of the time just due to how humans work, which is why an "autopilot" that works 99.9% of the time is so dangerous.

Endless Mike posted:

it's just helping to confuse missiles coming at you. can your chevy do that? checkmate, oil-lover!

Those R9X missiles with no explosives but swords that come out at the last minute are pretty nuts
:nms:

https://twitter.com/MMissiles2/status/1305540898093240320?s=20

MomJeans420 fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Sep 16, 2020

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

maybe put the gore behind spoilers or something

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah good point

https://forums.somethingawful.com/query.php?action=posthistory&userid=219705

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

lol can't wait to see heat shield panels falling off starship during reentry

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

>:-I

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

PIZZA.BAT posted:

maybe put the gore behind spoilers or something

yeah don't click that tweet. that account documents every attack by these razor blade hellfires and a couple of them very obviously have chunks of red goo dripping out of the car

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

MomJeans420 posted:

Yeah I know we're all perfect in this thread, but it is almost impossible to do her job right 100% of the time just due to how humans work, which is why an "autopilot" that works 99.9% of the time is so dangerous.

I know, that's the point. She can't really be held responsible for a job that's setting her up to fail.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

There are no bodies in those posts, mostly just mangled cars, but yeah there may be some blood if you zoom in so I spoilered it

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

SIGSEGV posted:

I know, that's the point. She can't really be held responsible for a job that's setting her up to fail.

And yet

Somehow our society is incapable of punishing or even blaming the rich idiots that set these broken systems up and directly profit off of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

MomJeans420 posted:

Those R9X missiles with no explosives but swords that come out at the last minute are pretty nuts
:nms:

Fortunately they didn't get used anywhere near me but Apaches can use rockets that contain a load of tungsten flechettes, which can be pretty awful.
https://magellan.aero/wp-content/uploads/CRV7%20Rotary%20Wing%20-%20Web%20Version.pdf

For when regular war isn't quite grim enough.