Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

GaG murders baby threads. There, I said it. :colbert:

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80

GaG is a monster! A monster!

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.

Luvcow posted:

i gaze across the vast stretches of icy blue byob, my eyes focusing on a lone mod clubbing threads to death like baby seals, their purple blood greasing the wheels of the tiny subforum, their last bleating cries echoing in my ears as i'm lulled into a peaceful slumber, they fade into the distance... "hurf de durf, it's byob time..."

Evil Bob

xcheopis posted:

Tanuki managed to fend off the brush but not before some small mats were hunted down and removed. Then there was petting and a treat!

xcheopis I hope you see this. I've got a fluffy boi that has a thick coat (mainecoonish) and tends to get mats time to time. Recently his mats were at an all time high and I was just at a loss because the brushes I had really just weren't cutting it.

I found this brush and it broke up/pulled (gently, he did not protest THAT much) all of his mats and omg he is the softest he has ever been since he was a kitten. This brush has been the best for his coat I have ever used and now that he doesn't have mats he seems to enjoy his daily brushes with it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DWVFDRZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Goons Are Gifts

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

GaG murders baby threads. There, I said it. :colbert:

*completely covered in purple and blue blood, hiding a baseball bat behind my back*
Allegedly.

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

i gaze across the vast stretches of icy blue byob, my eyes focusing on a lone mod clubbing threads to death like baby seals, their purple blood greasing the wheels of the tiny subforum, their last bleating cries echoing in my ears as i'm lulled into a peaceful slumber, they fade into the distance... "hurf de durf, it's byob time..."

:stonk:

ty nesamdoom!

xcheopis

Evil Bob posted:

xcheopis I hope you see this. I've got a fluffy boi that has a thick coat (mainecoonish) and tends to get mats time to time. Recently his mats were at an all time high and I was just at a loss because the brushes I had really just weren't cutting it.

I found this brush and it broke up/pulled (gently, he did not protest THAT much) all of his mats and omg he is the softest he has ever been since he was a kitten. This brush has been the best for his coat I have ever used and now that he doesn't have mats he seems to enjoy his daily brushes with it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DWVFDRZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks! :)
For my fluffy fellow, it's a combination of his arthritis and mine. He can't groom himself as well and my hands, while doing much, much better now, are still stiff and clumsy. It's mostly the areas around his legs and a bit on his fluffy fluffy belly. He has, like, 15 different combs and brushes, including the Evolution ones with rotating teeth. He is mostly a good boy about it all but does eventually get bitey.

Also, I'm not seeing any pictures of a maincoonish cat in your post. What's up with that?

alnilam

Luvcow posted:

Goons Are Great posted:

*completely covered in purple and blue blood, hiding a baseball bat behind my back*
Allegedly.

ty manifisto

alnilam

Yeah some of the gassing has been from me as well don't heap it all on GaG. I agree with what he has posted and he put it about as well as I would have, and cda as well, and duckie's FAQ in the rules thread. Can also confirm that cda has made some of the best threads in byob but also has had plenty of threads gassed so if you get a thread gassed you are in good company.

I will admit a long time ago I was also upset if a thread I posted got gassed, but eventually (partially through the guidance of dogcrash truther and duckie) I learned to see making threads like casting out little paper boats and seeing what happens. Sometimes my little boat, maybe even the one I put the most love into crafting, gets no replies and langiushes; sometimes a boat gets sent down the sewer drain; and sometimes the shittiest little boat that i barfed out goes on an amazing journey and becomes something wonderful beyond what my initial effort deserved. BYOB is a dynamic place that ebbs and flows and you never know what is going to happen. That's what I love about :justpost: philosophy, just let your thread go and sometimes it goes somewhere more wonderful than you ever expected, and sometimes it doesn't. And the wonderful ones wouldn't happen if people didn't :justpost:.

ty manifisto

Evil Bob

xcheopis posted:

Thanks! :)
For my fluffy fellow, it's a combination of his arthritis and mine. He can't groom himself as well and my hands, while doing much, much better now, are still stiff and clumsy. It's mostly the areas around his legs and a bit on his fluffy fluffy belly. He has, like, 15 different combs and brushes, including the Evolution ones with rotating teeth. He is mostly a good boy about it all but does eventually get bitey.

Also, I'm not seeing any pictures of a maincoonish cat in your post. What's up with that?

my drat camera on my phone has been broken for months, and i've been holding out to just get a new phone that has yet to be announced/released... But I believe I have held out on BYOB long enough...

This is Indy (short for Indiana Jones) we adopted him at about 6 months old and he will be turning 11 in march. He is a very large cat, and his belly and tail are very fluffy. He has decided my new floor pillow is his favorite spot to lay, so I put it on the couch next to me while I play video games, post etc.

This picture is deceiving, I promise you this cat is a big boii

Flaggy

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Hello

╔═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ flaggy's sig is a beautiful strong black woman ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╝

alnilam

Hello welcome and chat Flaggy, how are you doing, what's something nice you've seen or done lately

ty manifisto

Jinh

HI nice avatar, please report to the Spoonville thread posthaste

Escape From Noise

I refuse to post. I just won't do it.

alnilam

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I refuse to post. I just won't do it.

[morpheus voice] when you're ready, you won't have to.

ty manifisto

Goons Are Gifts

hello!

& chat

Finger Prince

alnilam posted:

[morpheus voice] when you're ready, you won't have to.

xcheopis

Evil Bob posted:

my drat camera on my phone has been broken for months, and i've been holding out to just get a new phone that has yet to be announced/released... But I believe I have held out on BYOB long enough...

This is Indy (short for Indiana Jones) we adopted him at about 6 months old and he will be turning 11 in march. He is a very large cat, and his belly and tail are very fluffy. He has decided my new floor pillow is his favorite spot to lay, so I put it on the couch next to me while I play video games, post etc.

This picture is deceiving, I promise you this cat is a big boii

Such a handsome fellow! :kimchi:
Thank you for sharing him.

Evil Bob

:justpost:ing to complain about the loss of a completed effort post by hitting a keyboard shortcut and paging back out of my reply. I'm not even sure what key I hit. All I know is that I was words away from hitting post reply. FML. only writing effort posts in word from now on. its a lesson all goons must learn eventually i guess. :suicide:

alnilam

it's happened to me too it sux. sorry buddy. the yob will never know the wonders that could have been :(

ty manifisto

Escape From Noise

I think I've finally come to the realization that life is pointless. How's everyone else doing?

alnilam

Life doesn't have to have some grand purpose to be meaningful. We all have positive effects on people around us whether we realize it or not. It can be hard to remember this during recent times where socialization is way down, and i think this has hit a lot of people pretty hard psychologically, myself included. Try to hang in there, maybe reach out to some old friends.

ty manifisto

Escape From Noise

I got nothin'. I think I've become a *shudder* nihilist.

Evil Bob

I don't know what to tell you to help, because I often suffer the same affliction. Watch some concert footage with friends(virtually), sip a nice beer, make a favorite meal, watch sports if you like em (NBA Playoffs have been very good for me the past week) watch some bike, skate, snow, surf, etc videos.

Try not to get bogged down.

poo poo is tough and its hard to understand what the point is.

alnilam posted:

Life doesn't have to have some grand purpose to be meaningful. We all have positive effects on people around us whether we realize it or not.

This is true, if frustrating in its own way. Hang in there SweetWillyRollbar!

Escape From Noise

It's more my work situation. I've been spinning my wheels for over a year now. I want to quit my job and move on with my stupid life but fuckin' nobody wants to hire me. I'm thinking of giving up and moving back to the US or something.

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

I think I've finally come to the realization that life is pointless. How's everyone else doing?

congratulations on your newfound freedom, what're you gonna do with it?

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Escape From Noise

owlhawk911 posted:

congratulations on your newfound freedom, what're you gonna do with it?

Jerk off I guess, just like every other nihilist

owlhawk911

Jerk off I guess, just like every other nihilist

it's the ciiiiircle of jeeeerrrrrks

and it jerks us aaaallllllll

OOOOH the CIIIIIIIRRRCCLLLE,
the CIIIRCLE of JERRRRRRRRKS

alnilam

I hear that SWR. Times are tough for a lot of people in that regard too, and it's gotta be especially hard for you being in a foreign country having to worry about immigration status etc. I can't tell you what's best but I wish you luck whatever you decide to do.

My brother in law works in the brewing industry in the PNW and according to him times are good, FWIW

Jerk off I guess

can't argue with that either

ty manifisto

owlhawk911

i cannot think of a higher purpose than to jerk off my fellow man and in turn be jerked off

owlhawk911

i really think that we're here to have experiences (handjobs) and process them (cum everywhere) and communicate those experiences to others (jerk em off)

alnilam

also whatever you decide don't give into the temptation to think "what was the point of it all anyway." sometimes the point of things is just having done them and that's enough. I don't know if this is similar at all to your situation but I lived in Germany for two summers working in a machine shop so that i could perfect my german language skills and also get some inroads in my field (engineering) there, and i did not end up moving there permanently, even though that had kinda been the gist / plan / hope. But I still really value the time I spent there and the things i experienced there, it was not pointless at all. We are all products of our experiences and those experiences play a part in who I am now in a way that I value. If you decide to head home, which I am not advocating, but if you do, I hope you can realize this and feel good about it.

ty manifisto

Escape From Noise

I suppose I could try for a brewing job in the PNW but that's a competitive market in the best of times. I'm just sick of sitting around waiting for results. But, whatever. It doesn't really matter.

alnilam

owlhawk911 posted:

i cannot think of a higher purpose than to jerk off my fellow man and in turn be jerked off

the golden rule

ty manifisto

Escape From Noise

I probably won't move back to my hometown. It'd be a real dead end move. I'd probably have to move to somewhere like Wyoming or some poo poo

xcheopis

Pictures of cats (and other cute animals) help me through each day.

Prof. Crocodile

i am doing well.

a while back i embraced the pointlessness of life, and decided to fill the resulting void with my own custom-built purpose, which is mostly playing around in dirt and clay. so far this year i have spent a lot of time playing around in dirt and clay, so everything is right on track!

Evil Bob

It's more my work situation. I've been spinning my wheels for over a year now. I want to quit my job and move on with my stupid life but fuckin' nobody wants to hire me. I'm thinking of giving up and moving back to the US or something.

I have similar feelings, in a different way. I've been doing my job for long enough that it would be stupid to try to start over and do something different at my age and without specialized education for some new venture that I literally don't even know what it is and can't figure out what I want if I try. That and there are people who depend on me and what my job provides. However I struggle to find satisfaction in my work, and have a lot of trouble focusing on it (hi byob.) I'm trying really hard to think about my job in a different way, in which it satisfies me because it provides things that I need and because I know that overall I am so very lucky in so many ways. And I think I am actually ok at my job, I'm just, resistant to it, and have a lot of trouble just leaning into it. If I could get over that I could probably believe I am good at it.

I sound pretty immature, wouldn't you say? Sorry for the sad ramble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JlboVm9qVU

I suppose I could try for a brewing job in the PNW but that's a competitive market in the best of times. I'm just sick of sitting around waiting for results. But, whatever. It doesn't really matter.

If you wind up in the PNW at some point lets get a beer and hit some shows.

Manifisto

posting from the top of a dang mountain!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

Luvcow posted:

:dehumanize:

Also dang, heavy vibes in the bee hole today. I don't think there's anything wrong with flirting with nihilism. I fill the emptiness inside of myself with pizza, weed, and liquor, it's been going ok, and I'm certainly looking forward to escaping the mortal coil sooner rather than later, I'm just trying to enjoy it while it lasts. SWR maybe try taking your mind off the existential dread by listening to your favorite records, setting down with a good book, or maybe texting one of those sweet ladies you met recently. I dunno, flip the script, my dude.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut