Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I don't think the gameplay has aged particularly well and the inventory management is a pain. No shame in console cheating yourself to 99999999 credits so that you can just buy the Spectre gear right away and get on with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

it is funny that only after 3 years of constant success is EA finally saying "oh the switch seems to be successful i guess we should put games on it"

Their Frostbite game engine was too messy to make anything for on Switch. They are finally starting to phase that game engine out and go elsewhere, so Switch development is easier now.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Gonna wait for more reviews on 3000 series cards and all the 3rd party manufacturing stuff to shake out before I even think about this

Figure it'll take a few months

I'm kind of attached to my current very big, very stupid-looking RX 5700XT Thicc III anyway

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

we're having two simultaneous massive genocides in the world right now and one of them is happening in the US so of course the military would be cool with that. defund ICE

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

blue squares posted:

Speaking of Mass Effect, I have been wanting to replay the series for years but only just recently got a PC

The first game was one of my favorite games ever. But I worry that it's dated gameplay will tarnish my nostalgia. How is it playing the first one in 2020? For context, I find Greedfall interesting as a setting but the dated gameplay makes it really hard for me to want to continue.

Greedfall is the best game bioware ever made

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I despise the military industrial complex very much.

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

I remember ME1's gameplay being barely tolerable only 3-4 years after release, so I bet it's super clunky by today's standards.

Of course, you can always slap it on the easiest difficulty, play Vanguard, and roll up to enemies with a meaty shotgun. Blasting with close range shotguns never gets old.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Started playing Blasphemous again after the many recommendations from this threat. Report: it is good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Somehow this account is still active on Twitch.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

LawfulWaffle posted:

I’m pretty sure there was a tweet thread about how XLR connectors were being used in the sex toy industry due to the easy of connecting/disconnecting them and their sturdiness. I don’t have strong audio opinions but I know that when I used headphones through the PS4 controller and I have to frequently rotate the plug to get good output to both ears.

I’ve been trying to find some mid-tier headphones with mic for my Tabletop Simulator sessions but the best thing I’ve found so far is to just put Discord voice chat on my phone and lay it in front of me, using no headset whatsoever. I’ve been playing the garage where I can talk freely without bothering wife or toddler, but now that it’s getting colder I think that’s gonna have to change.

E: found it. Despite the warning the only NSFW bits are a few pictures where “sex” is typed into google and some patent drawings.
https://twitter.com/foone/status/1264925104175112192?s=21

yeah xlr is the same era but just designed well, theyre nearly indestructable. even with them locking into place its so hard to break them.

exquisite tea posted:

The AIB cards are just going to have the standard power connectors, but the 3080s from Nvidia will come with their own 12-pin adapter. It's just Nvidia being Nvidia.

honestly the AIBs should use the new connector, its clearly better.

theres an adapter for 8 pins anyway and cutting down on the number and size of cables/connectors is good

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
https://twitter.com/tjotimmy8/status/1304951770016178177

weird how this keeps happening

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i mean, the military has always tried to recruit people who hate foreigners and minorities. that's kind of the whole point

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
His name is a gaming word

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Anyone else get that infuriating mood where you want to play something, but you look at every game around you and go "mm, nah, not that" forever and ever

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

VideoGames posted:

:O How do I do this?? I would love to give that game another spin!

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/931665-crysis/cheats

Go to the 'mods' section. You need to change the cloaked energy drain multiplier to be 0 or something IIRC.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

thehoodie posted:

Started playing Blasphemous again after the many recommendations from this threat. Report: it is good.

Second opinion: It's bad

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Mode 7 posted:

Anyone else get that infuriating mood where you want to play something, but you look at every game around you and go "mm, nah, not that" forever and ever

Yeah all the time, it is incredibly frustrating.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

So I'm playing Langrisser I+II and I think the game feels a lot like a mobile port and the difficulty is kind of weird and I imagine not what the original game was like but it's actually kind of fun. It captures the essence of what I think Three Houses tried to do where units were represented as armies as opposed to just a battle between ten people. Otherwise, it's very Fire Emblem-like, with class trees and a weapons pentagon, but no permadeath.

Each unit has a class tree, and in addition to unlocking new skills, classes also unlock recruitable mercenary units. Each character can pay money to bring a certain number of generic units onto the field. They can't level up and don't have skills, but any kill gives all the EXP to the commander. And the variation of units is cool too - most soldier classes have knights and cavaliers, but my flying unit has Harpies and Angels, my Axe user has Mermen and Lizardmen, and my Mage has Monks who don't do anything and die instantly.

The game itself is weird in that if you lose a map, it just kicks you back to the mission select screen with all the EXP you earned, so that's technically how you "grind." At any point you can also jump backwards in the story, but you can't jump forward (I think). The game has like seven different branching routes, but even then the game doesn't seem to be that long. I'm three hours in and I'm at map 10, but there's only 20 maps total. The other routes are like six maps long each, but I imagine will take less time because you'll be so leveled. The game already is kind of easy to the point that I only sometimes control my mercenary units and mostly just set them to follow the leader and then attack the closest enemy. My only mission losses so far are due to units I'm supposed to "protect" running past my human shield to their deaths.

Otherwise, like I said, game's fun. I've only played Langrisser I so far but from what I've read they made II exactly the same with the exact same mechanics. I would only get it on sale though, this is definitely like a 15 dollar game.

also the soundtrack is a weird combination of good and bad where I can kind of tell what the original song sounded like and the tune itself is good but now it's made from bad midi instruments https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvguDaIHDTU

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Sep 16, 2020

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

mango sentinel posted:

Second opinion: It's bad

I thought this at first but then I played it again and it turns out it is not!

By no means a perfect game but still fun and I like the world it builds.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
https://twitter.com/relaxducat/status/1306134375948378113?s=19

I'm leaning electric lizard though ghost is also tempting, and the classic wolf isn't bad either....

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Sep 16, 2020

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I think what I actually want to play is Mario 64 on the Switch, and even though I can't do that until Friday my brain refuses to accept any substitutes.

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Yeah all the time, it is incredibly frustrating.

for me, at least, this is a manifestation of adhd/executive dysfunction so what i usually do when i get stuck in this loop is just roll a random number and play that game on my steam list. if I find myself really not willing to start it I take that as a sign to delete the game from my library and try again. it works....kinda okay.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

thehoodie posted:

I thought this at first but then I played it again and it turns out it is not!

By no means a perfect game but still fun and I like the world it builds.

I thought it was fun at first and got progressively more frustrated. Boss fights are fun but there platforming is bad and a lot of the enemy/encounter design is hateful. Plus the story nuggets never suggest anything bigger about the setting and story beyond "Wow! Things suck here!" Incredible sprites and music aren't enough to make up for everything else. Just watch a playthrough.

Mode 7 posted:

Yeah it's called depression, it came free with your Xbox.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I don't have an Xbox and would very much like to return my depression, thanks.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Oculus Quest 2 just got announced, October 13th release for $300.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Relax Or DIE posted:

I'm leaning electric lizard though ghost is also tempting, and the classic wolf isn't bad either....

That reminds me of that Touhou pokemon-esque fangame where you could pick literally any puppet in the game to be your starter.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

blue squares posted:

Speaking of Mass Effect, I have been wanting to replay the series for years but only just recently got a PC

The first game was one of my favorite games ever. But I worry that it's dated gameplay will tarnish my nostalgia. How is it playing the first one in 2020? For context, I find Greedfall interesting as a setting but the dated gameplay makes it really hard for me to want to continue.

It kinda sucks but it's really short if you don't bother with sidequests. Just blow through it as homework for the next two games

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The sidequests can be good but almost all of them involve driving the mako over a featureless heightmap for several minutes. Some people can get into that, though.

Also IIRC you get your subclass specialization out of nowhere from a random quest that doesn't seem like it would have anything to do with that so keep an eye out for it

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

It's been ages but I remember Adepts, at least, being funner in ME1 than the sequels because of physics fuckery. They can't drive the Mako any faster though.

haveblue posted:

Also IIRC you get your subclass specialization out of nowhere from a random quest that doesn't seem like it would have anything to do with that so keep an eye out for it

It's the one on the moon

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

mango sentinel posted:

Yeah it's called depression, it came free with your Xbox.

Oh man they remastered it? I remember the N64 version

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
ME1 gameplay isn't dated, it was just never that great since they really didn't know what they wanted yet. Sniping things still feels real satisfying but it's pretty meh overall.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Makowns

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

So I'm playing Langrisser I+II and I think the game feels a lot like a mobile port and the difficulty is kind of weird and I imagine not what the original game was like but it's actually kind of fun. It captures the essence of what I think Three Houses tried to do where units were represented as armies as opposed to just a battle between ten people. Otherwise, it's very Fire Emblem-like, with class trees and a weapons pentagon, but no permadeath.

Each unit has a class tree, and in addition to unlocking new skills, classes also unlock recruitable mercenary units. Each character can pay money to bring a certain number of generic units onto the field. They can't level up and don't have skills, but any kill gives all the EXP to the commander. And the variation of units is cool too - most soldier classes have knights and cavaliers, but my flying unit has Harpies and Angels, my Axe user has Mermen and Lizardmen, and my Mage has Monks who don't do anything and die instantly.

The game itself is weird in that if you lose a map, it just kicks you back to the mission select screen with all the EXP you earned, so that's technically how you "grind." At any point you can also jump backwards in the story, but you can't jump forward (I think). The game has like seven different branching routes, but even then the game doesn't seem to be that long. I'm three hours in and I'm at map 10, but there's only 20 maps total. The other routes are like six maps long each, but I imagine will take less time because you'll be so leveled. The game already is kind of easy to the point that I only sometimes control my mercenary units and mostly just set them to follow the leader and then attack the closest enemy. My only mission losses so far are due to units I'm supposed to "protect" running past my human shield to their deaths.

Otherwise, like I said, game's fun. I've only played Langrisser I so far but from what I've read they made II exactly the same with the exact same mechanics. I would only get it on sale though, this is definitely like a 15 dollar game.

also the soundtrack is a weird combination of good and bad where I can kind of tell what the original song sounded like and the tune itself is good but now it's made from bad midi instruments https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvguDaIHDTU

Warsong (The name Langrisser 1 was published under in US) on Genesis also has uneven difficulty, as it’d kick your arse just a little or simply stomp you into the ground.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Relax Or DIE posted:

The electric lizard's final evolution was one of my final teammates I beat the game with, but was ironically a different electric lizard than the one I picked as a starter. Great mon either way though, strong in all parts of the game and has great attacks. Now granted, all of the nexomon you can catch in the wild, but some are more rare than others, and the wolf and ghost are the two most common ones I saw.

The other tempting part is that normal types RULE in this game. Unfortunately, they're not strong against any types, but make up for it by having dope movepools and insane base stats. Despite no type advantages, the wolf's third form carried me through a few mid-game fights, but you'll need to catch one later on anyways to trade to a guy for a postgame key item.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

I like the part where the canon on it doesn't scale so late game it's faster for me to hop out and shoot things

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
I find it easier to keep picking up a game later, if I end my play sessions when something interesting and fun happens in the game. It's an interactive form of entertainment, you gotta make your own cliffhangers.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

mango sentinel posted:

I like the part where the canon on it doesn't scale so late game it's faster for me to hop out and shoot things

I like how the jump jets always thrust perpendicular to the ground so if use them on a slope it's guaranteed you fall a long way back down

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

blasphemous was pretty easy except for the second to last boss, the one that had the voice switch linked earlier

meanwhile, this bundle has some bangers in it https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/all-stars-build-your-own-bundle

May 8, 2006

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

The electric lizard's final evolution was one of my final teammates I beat the game with, but was ironically a different electric lizard than the one I picked as a starter. Great mon either way though, strong in all parts of the game and has great attacks. Now granted, all of the nexomon you can catch in the wild, but some are more rare than others, and the wolf and ghost are the two most common ones I saw.

The other tempting part is that normal types RULE in this game. Unfortunately, they're not strong against any types, but make up for it by having dope movepools and insane base stats. Despite no type advantages, the wolf's third form carried me through a few mid-game fights, but you'll need to catch one later on anyways to trade to a guy for a postgame key item.

good info! I got to that screen and went to sleep cause it was late, but I noticed 2 things already: every other sentence seems to have a word choice that is just sliiiightly wrong? Like it's still easily understandable and not even usually incorrect just...weird choices. And the intro story stuff is loving wild? Like they really went for it out of the gate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

mango sentinel posted:

I like running over enemies instead