Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Fuzz posted:

Thankfully Mafex Marvel heads have kinda been compatible with Marvel Legends, so you could always put one of those heads on her.

Honestly no one has ever done a good head for her. Personally I'd love a full on Jim Lee super Asian head since you know she is supposed to be Asian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Djarum posted:

Honestly no one has ever done a good head for her. Personally I'd love a full on Jim Lee super Asian head since you know she is supposed to be Asian.

Repainting Silk's head has been a popular method. The Jim Lee ML looks pretty great, though, in my opinion. The stiff long hair is annoying, though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I guess you don't even need to repaint if you don't want to either, since she has black hair often too.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Aphrodite posted:

I guess you don't even need to repaint if you don't want to either, since she has black hair often too.

I think black with a wash of dark brown and then a clear purple coat would look cool. I have had that idea for awhile just haven't gotten around to it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/Toyark/status/1305923024726765569?s=20

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Looking at the Mafex head more with better detail I think I figured out what I could do to make it look better.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I saw the pic but was too busy to share them. It looks good from that fuzzy rear end photo and it's exactly what I wanted, an update of the original, not a dumbed down version of the Classics mold.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Nanigans posted:

All I see on that angry head is the Chrissy Teigen meme

I’m gonna have trouble seeing anything else. She’s pretty good looking, I am enjoying heck out of the Yamaguchi one for the crazy flying ninja poses though.

How come the Mafex & Yamaguchi lines double up on so many of the X-Men? Aside from Mafex Cyke and Yamaguchi Cable the lines have been the same (Wolverine, Gambit, Psylocke, Deadpool, Magneto); just a popularity issue I suppose?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, they’re different companies and each doing the more popular characters.

Companies couldn’t license the X-Men for a while so they’re all getting in on those greatest hits.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Pretty disappointed the Harkonnens aren't gingers in this one.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Big thanks to Blackchamber for hooking me up with the target Baroness figure! Way to be an awesome human!

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293735781435

What are the chances this is not a bootleg.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Dale-Taco posted:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293735781435

What are the chances this is not a bootleg.

Please do not buy the rare item (I’m guessing?) at a discount (I’m assuming?) from the seller with the 17 rating.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

For anyone who collects the SHF Street Fighter line, Bluefin is having a sale with a few different bundles: https://www.bluefinbrands.com/gametime

I grabbed the Sakura and Sagat bundle 85 bucks shipped.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

For anyone who collects the SHF Street Fighter line, Bluefin is having a sale with a few different bundles: https://www.bluefinbrands.com/gametime

I grabbed the Sakura and Sagat bundle 85 bucks shipped.

Woooah, that Golden Axe bundle is super tempting

Edit: oh it’s already gone :(

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Sep 16, 2020

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Were any of the Monsterarts King Ghidorahs ever particularly good? I'm not going to pay any of the ridiculous prices for them but I'm trying to figure out how much I should be sad for missing out and hoping for re-releases.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0829LKVB2

Neat little photo box with built in LEDs.

Use coupon code ZWDX38BQ for half price (plus the coupon to clip).

Dunno how long it's good for, but a lot of you seemed to be wanting one, and this one seems like a decent deal for :20bux:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
They’re finally doing a Black Series of The Armorer, the best Mando design in that first season, ...but they omitted her fur collar for some reason (despite already doing very similar pieces on the Range Troopers and the Gammorrean Guards) and her hammer is all wrong.

https://twitter.com/yak_face/status/1306049919858466817?s=21

:sigh:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This is extra infuriating because you KNOW they have access to the costume and props from the show, and just decided not to use em.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Yeah that just feels lazy on their part. Range trooper (weirdly enough) was what got me into black series and what really appealed to me was the fur on the jacket adding to the quality.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Cool. More Mando figures I’ll never find in stores.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Huh. My wife is traveling for work he entire week I took furlough.

She'd never know if I drove to NJ...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rhyno posted:

But do actually tell her, please.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

But do actually tell her, please.

Oh course.

After I get back.

edit: I am totally kidding, I discuss pretty much anything over $500 with her.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rhyno posted:

Rhyno wife: hey hon what's this charge out of Nevada for $482 for.. bunny.. ranc-
Rhyno: toys, it's for toys

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rhyno posted:

Oh course.

After I get back.

I meant more in the (hopefully very, very unlikely) event that you have an accident and they tell her you're in NJ.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0829LKVB2

Neat little photo box with built in LEDs.

Thanks, I'll give it a whirl.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rhyno posted:

[narrator voice]He drove to New Jersey[/narrator voice]

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

The preorder for wave 4 of Thundercats Ultimates just showed up out of frickin nowhere, and it’s a little surprising. Everyone assumed a reissue of the Mattel Wilykit and Wilykat pack would be next up since it’s the only Mattel thing they didn’t rerelease yet and they’ve also been plainly visible in the background of previous videos when they announced other waves... but they brought out 4 all-new figures instead, and they’re kinda deep pulls.

Monkian was a bit of an obvious choice as one of the few main season 1 bad guys not released yet. Lynx-O is a solid pick as another core team member from the second half of the series. The other two were out of left field, it’s the Snowman of Hook Mountain with some badass translucent ice weapons, and “Pumm-Ra” which is from an episode where the evil Mumm-Ra disguised himself as a Thundercat; that figure comes with some interesting accessories including an oversized roaring head which can be displayed on the wave 2 Mumm-Ra figure to show him mid-transformation.

On one hand I’m bummed that we’re not actually getting the Thunderkittens because I want those figures real bad, I think they were the coolest ones in the short-lived Mattel line. On the other hand, I’m stoked to see them nerding out with some more obscure characters! It shows confidence in the longevity of the line. I had the old LJN Snowman figure and he was one of my faves. This is definitely shaping up to be a great toy line!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

If they do the drill dude, he’s a must buy.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I’m not usually one for modern limited POA cartoony stuff, but I really like the NECA Toony Terrors Michael Myers and Ash that I got today. They’re less than half the price of the usual NECA stuff so they’re not a big financial drain either.

They’re doing Sam from Trick r Treat in the next wave, so I’ll probably pick that one up too.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I know nothing about the new thundercats toys, but if they make a see through blue jaga (?) I'm gonna have to buy him.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I know nothing about the new thundercats toys, but if they make a see through blue jaga (?) I'm gonna have to buy him.

Jaga is already coming up, and there have been a lot of requests for a ghost version. The announced one comes with three heads among other things, it’s a good looking figure... but they went for the alive version.

Basically the line is, when Mattel ran out of MOTU characters for the classics line they started doing subscription-only Thundercats in the same style, then they shut down the whole Matty Collector thing after doing only like 5 characters, then Super 7 bought the molds and started remaking the existing ones and making a bunch of new ones, and they are adding tons of extra accessories and trying to improve and expand on the Mattel line. This is very good for Thundercats fans because the Mattel ones were incredibly rare and went for outrageous prices. The Super 7 ones aren’t exactly cheap ($45, usually) but at least they are attainable if you care!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Kingtheninja posted:

Yeah that just feels lazy on their part. Range trooper (weirdly enough) was what got me into black series and what really appealed to me was the fur on the jacket adding to the quality.

Apparently she does have her fur collar thing, but it’s an ugly plastic piece that clips on instead of soft goods.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's actually worse somehow. It's bad enough they hosed up the hammer, but when they go to actually add the fur collar they don't even give a gently caress enough to actually make it fur, just some lovely plastic thing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
MOTU Origins Scareglow preorders live on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089P1GPNF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_e11yFb56BTD7F

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

That's actually worse somehow. It's bad enough they hosed up the hammer, but when they go to actually add the fur collar they don't even give a gently caress enough to actually make it fur, just some lovely plastic thing.

Just pull the fur off a Ridge Trooper?

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Thanks for the heads-up - I snagged one to fill in for a vintage in my collection.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Splint Chesthair posted:

Thanks for the heads-up - I snagged one to fill in for a vintage in my collection.

If only that were good enough for me.

Man E Faces is also up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

You seriously just made my day, Rhyno. You are a gentleman and a scholar and I thank you for feeding my glowy addiction.

Also, I bought Evil-Lyn last night. I hadn't planned to get any others beside Scare Glow, He-man and Skeletor from this line, but she's actually a really neat in person.

Shiftypenguin fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Sep 17, 2020