Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

jesus WEP posted:

turn based things are all deckbuilders now
i really dislike deckbuilders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i really dislike deckbuilders.

same. too easy to cheese.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lmao

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

quote:

lmao

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Games are expensive to make because game developers are idiots and don't re-use assets that take time (i.e. money) to make, just because like 40 000 nerds would cry about it on Reddit or Metacritic or whatever (I'm not sure how it works vOv)

more indie shops are using unity assets or customizing them to jumpstart small set decoration models. wasteland 2 was upfront about it so nobody would get upset when they saw the same destroyed wall or whatever

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
10 minutes until we learn the number of US dollars for ps5

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jame Noises

https://store.nin.com/products/quake-vinyl

Aaaaaaaaaa fades left to right

or you could just press

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVOHTGYoM6E

for free

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
wow, Battlefield V really is utter dogshit

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

same. too easy to cheese.

Slay the Spire is great. Idk any other good ones though, are there any good mobile ones?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

toiletbrush posted:

wow, Battlefield V really is utter dogshit

perhaps but have you considered shooty guns VI?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

haveblue posted:

10 minutes until we learn the number of US dollars for ps5

spiders man: again again v. again

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

perhaps but have you considered shooty guns VI?
thank you for understanding

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Suck it, Microsoft.

https://twitter.com/dannyodwyer/status/1306333189007224832

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

bbut xbox is slightly more powerful!

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
who cares, in a year they'll both be obsolete hardware, and you'll have to get the ps5 pro if you want your games to work in 8k

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

DELETE CASCADE posted:

who cares, in a year they'll both be obsolete hardware, and you'll have to get the ps5 pro if you want your games to work in 8k

if you buy an 8k tv they can probably throw in the ps5 pro for free without noticing

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

lol 8k what's the goddamn point I'd rather play 1080p at like 200fps

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

sony is going to sell an assload of those no disc ps5s

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
demon's souls on pc, no reason to get a ps5 lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
ps5 has no games disks

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

oh look there's a new final fantasy and it's another lovely airjuggle action rpg where you mash buttons and the whole screen is filled with glowy garbage just like the last one and ff7r
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tBnBAkHv9M

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
remember how crazy different 7 8 and 9 were? we’ll never see that variety again.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

qirex posted:

oh look there's a new final fantasy and it's another lovely airjuggle action rpg where you mash buttons and the whole screen is filled with glowy garbage just like the last one and ff7r

why does it look like a ps3 game

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

President Beep posted:

remember how crazy different 7 8 and 9 were? we’ll never see that variety again.

wish we'd see some variety in you're poasting!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

President Beep posted:

to me the fact that the world, the gameplay system, everything was completely different each time was a big part of the draw. they didn't always work well, eg ff8's draw system but materia from ff7 and the sphere grid from ff10 were awesome and the weird semi-auto license system from 12 was flawed but fun to play with

I guess we should be glad they didn't souls-ify this one?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

qirex posted:

Final Fantasy: The Witcher

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

dragon quest 11 was the last good jrpg I played

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

poo poo is all the same now. this is LCD capitalism realized

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

regression to the mean :geno:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

qirex posted:

ff7r was awesome and the most fun I've had with a video game in a long time

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Cat Face Joe posted:

cause its running on a pc

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

laughing at the xbox series s, sent to die against no disc ps5

Cat Face Joe posted:

probably because it takes square so long to make them they started working on the ps3?

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

qirex posted:

square pitch meeting: "what if we just rip off Game of Thrones but make every character a twink with anime hair?"

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Sweevo posted:

square pitch meeting: "what if we just rip off Game of Thrones but make every character a twink with anime hair?"

they pretty much invented twinks with anime hair in video games

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

qirex posted:

dragon quest 11 was the last good jrpg I played

DQ11 was excellent, I bought the game again on the switch for the extra content.

I really liked persona 5 as well.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

tactics is the only final fantasy game where the aesthetic isn't totally fuckin stupid

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

i like wild arms ok thatnks for reading

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1306349143372201990

lmao sony hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

wait what? are they remaking that or something? is nothing new???‽!!!