Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Have they said what the launch games are?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Stare-Out posted:

PSVR will work fully, Moves included, with PS5 provided you have the OG camera (for which you'll get an adapter.) PS5 camera won't work woth current PSVR.

ps5 camera will work, ps4 camera will work but will need a dongle, unless something changed? sure i remember reading ps5 camera was fine

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Demon’s Souls looks so good.m and it looks like there are new gameplay elements (e.g. vaulting over the railing).

The only things I don’t like are the new Flamelurker design and the breathing sounds the character makes (though I may just be used to From games stoic protagonists).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

Is tgeir hardware differences outside the disk drive

No.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Waltzing Along posted:

It's $499. The $399 is for broke brains who want to pay a ton extra over the life of console.
I haven't bought a physical game in like 5 years, so whatever, I mostly use steam, so I'll be fine.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:toxx: probe me for a week if GOW releases 2021

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
so is demons souls a launch title or not? cagey fuckers

DuffMayhem
May 14, 2003

Does it depress you?
How alone you really are
Kind of disappointed. I’m still planning to get one at launch but a lot of info is still pretty vague.

When can we preorder? What does the UI look like? What exactly are the launch titles? Are Bloodborne and the other hits enhanced in any way?

2021 seems promising if those releases hit, but right now I’m not too excited about launch. Even Spidey was “holiday” not launch.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

It's $499. The $399 is for broke brains who want to pay a ton extra over the life of console.

I bought a ps4 in 2015 and bought my first ever physical copy of a game (doom eternal) a week ago, only to learn it still takes up loving hard drive space? What is the goddamn point?

I only buy good games so why would I sell them?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
F I N A L F A N T A S Y S I X T E E N

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

Pulcinella posted:

Demon’s Souls looks so good.m and it looks like there are new gameplay elements (e.g. vaulting over the railing).

The only things I don’t like are the new Flamelurker design and the breathing sounds the character makes (though I may just be used to From games stoic protagonists).

You can vault over low walls in OG Demon's Souls.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Pulcinella posted:

I literally gasped when he vaulted lol

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Quantum of Phallus posted:

*notes this down*

I badly want gow2 so if it does not come out in 2021 then I am probing you for a month :twisted:

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
So like... Was stuff actually announced? I had to pause to do some life stuff, and when I was ffwding through it, I saw nothing.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

lol december 31st 2021

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

no way God of War 2 hits 2021

ZERO

Yeah someone said earlier, no assets shown, let alone gameplay for something that has at most a year and a quarter left of development.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

punished milkman posted:

so is demons souls a launch title or not? cagey fuckers

They would have specified that it's a launch title, I think. They did for some of the other games.

Also, we still have no pre-order details on the PS5, as far as I know? Other than Sony is allowing you to sign up and hopefully get picked depending on how big your e-peen is?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I bought a ps4 in 2015 and bought my first ever physical copy of a game (doom eternal) a week ago, only to learn it still takes up loving hard drive space? What is the goddamn point?

the point of physical games is getting them used for cheaper or loan them out to friends

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VideoGames posted:

What does the series s have over the ps5? I am genuinely drawing a blank here.

.1 GHz.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

You'll save that hundred if you only ended up buying just five disk games across the entire lifetime of the console

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

VideoGames posted:

*notes this down*

I badly want gow2 so if it does not come out in 2021 then I am probing you for a month :twisted:

that wasn't part of the deal VG

that wasn't part!!!

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Definitely getting a ps5 on the back of demon souls and ff16, but not sure about launch or not.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Zeta Acosta posted:

right now the xbox series s looks really tempting

Based on what, the lack of games for the actual gaming system? I don't get it.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
PS4 launch: Killzone, Resogun, and Knack at launch.

Knack gets poo poo but it was a fun little game that was fun and nice. Killzone is a generic FPS but showed off the system pretty well and wasn’t on PC lol. Resogun was crack laced with particle effects.

PS5 launch: Hope u like spider man cause all you’re gonna get is Spider Man: Step Up 2 The Streetz.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I believe in Kratos 2021

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

insomiac said spiderman is ps5 at launch AND PS4, KEIGHLEY SAID DEMON SOULS IS PS5 LAUNCH AND LMAO PC

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Games drop to $20 all the time that are still $60 digital. 3 times and now you are behind. If digital games were heavily discounted, as they should be, then it's a different story. But when they cost more than physical, there is no reason to save $100 up front.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Oh then there is no reason to go disk drive outside love of physical

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Are the BC games supposed to have enhancements?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Waltzing Along posted:

never had a playstation disk drive that hasn't commit suicide after a year or three.

it's 2020 boomer get with the times

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Rusty posted:

I haven't bought a physical game in like 5 years, so whatever, I mostly use steam, so I'll be fine.

If you buy a diesel generator and a stack of physical games now you'll still be able to keep yourself entertained after the inevitable collapse of civilization

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The disc version for me. Got plenty of PS4 discs and I like buying games one or two months after they come out for super cheap. And some semblance of ownership of the things I pay for and the ability to resell them or trade them if I wanted.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Waltzing Along posted:

Digital games are usually available for steep discounts during sales. You'll only spend more money on the disc-less version if you sell your games after playing them.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

DuffMayhem posted:

Kind of disappointed. I’m still planning to get one at launch but a lot of info is still pretty vague.

When can we preorder? What does the UI look like? What exactly are the launch titles? Are Bloodborne and the other hits enhanced in any way?

2021 seems promising if those releases hit, but right now I’m not too excited about launch. Even Spidey was “holiday” not launch.

Yeah the fact it's coming out early Nov (expected at end of month), I mean we're basically ~7 weeks from launch, we should have details on this stuff by now. UX, what does 'Boost mode' entail for older games, etc.

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011

Euphoriaphone posted:

Goddamn I guess all games are going to have "performance vs visuals" mode going forward.

As they should :colbert: not gonna happen though

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1306335931142565888

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1306335505169092608

https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/1306334771518337024

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Why on Earth would you buy this day one? Even Miles Morales is coming out on PS4 day of.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Geoff Keighly confirms Demon Souls at launch ! !

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Perfect Element posted:

So like... Was stuff actually announced? I had to pause to do some life stuff, and when I was ffwding through it, I saw nothing.

God of War 2 and FFXVI

bloodysabbath posted:

PS4 launch: Killzone, Resogun, and Knack at launch.

Knack gets poo poo but it was a fun little game that was fun and nice. Killzone is a generic FPS but showed off the system pretty well and wasn’t on PC lol. Resogun was crack laced with particle effects.

PS5 launch: Hope u like spider man cause all you’re gonna get is Spider Man: Step Up 2 The Streetz.

DMC 5 Special Edition was also launch day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

If the Harry Potter game is in the 18th century does that mean it's set in pre-plumbing Hogwarts when everyone just poo poo on the floor?
The 1800s was the 19th century, which had toilets and plumbing...