Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Go home HWRF you’re drunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

PostNouveau posted:

Oh my god, those tracks that have it circling back around to hit Florida a third time

i yearn for a jupiter style storm that continually circles and wrecks florida, you can even have it centered with jupiter florida for flavor reasons

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Koirhor posted:

i yearn for a jupiter style storm that continually circles and wrecks florida, you can even have it centered with jupiter florida for flavor reasons

I wonder if it could push through the middle of Florida and make it back to the Gulf

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

wasnt there an email forward from 2001 or so of a hurricane that supposedly carved its path through the bush-voting counties in florida

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Shear Modulus posted:

wasnt there an email forward from 2001 or so of a hurricane that supposedly carved its path through the bush-voting counties in florida

2004. It was an urban legend of course, but it made for a fun map.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Dustcat posted:

sally: it's september, america, time for your penis flattening

florida: yes dear

My name's Sally and I'm finding this whole experience very weird.

This must be how people called "Katrina" or "9/11" felt.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

slinkimalinki posted:

I was so happy when the hurricane with my name was retired

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

slinkimalinki posted:

Pretty sure I remember reading an interview with a New York cabby called Al Niño.

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Sometime around noon today I began smelling something weird but couldn't place it. Just stepped out on my balcony to stretch before I leave for work only to see the sky totally hazy with a slightly orange tinge. Guess the wildfire smoke has arrived from the west

Temperatures forecast to plunge 20 degrees over the next 36 hours, real cool.
lol I'm in pennsylvania and the AQI is triple the previous high (that I'd remembered anyway)

also I've discovered that apparently I am amongst the "sensitive groups" because 120 is troublesome to me and, in retrospect, probably the source of this damned headache that won't go away. It was better today... but also I kept all the windows closed yesterday because of the chill.

Now it's gonna be warm and I can't open the windows without feeling awful :negative:

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I was so happy when the hurricane with my name was retired

how MANY people did you kill!?

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth
The hurricane rained on me a little today and I didn't like it

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

Snake Dance posted:

The hurricane rained on me a little today and I didn't like it

peed on by the sky

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Ayin posted:

lol I'm in pennsylvania and the AQI is triple the previous high (that I'd remembered anyway)

also I've discovered that apparently I am amongst the "sensitive groups" because 120 is troublesome to me and, in retrospect, probably the source of this damned headache that won't go away. It was better today... but also I kept all the windows closed yesterday because of the chill.

Now it's gonna be warm and I can't open the windows without feeling awful :negative:

in california i now consider any air quality number below 100 as "good"

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
It's below 150 here, hooray!

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
\

elaboration has issued a correction as of 18:10 on Nov 29, 2021

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Sally pulling a 2004 Ivan would be just the most 2020 thing

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Rain Down Sally

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Don't look now

https://twitter.com/SaraOdette/status/1306327322061082626

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Sally briefly sucked the water out of Mobile Bay

https://twitter.com/spann/status/1306253487500648448

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I can see hints of blue up there in the wild grey yonder.

This is the closest thing I've had to hope in weeks.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

lol

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.

Shear Modulus posted:

in california i now consider any air quality number below 100 as "good"
I'm pretty sure I would just die in california

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.
Oh yeah, I don't think anyone linked it here, but there's a charity-for-gangtag drive over in SAL: 2020 hurricane/fire/weather disaster relief donation station

you can get this sad radome tag!

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
lol punk rear end radar, radar sucks, just a menagerie of LIES to trick our mind and corrupt our souls!

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Admiral Ray posted:

lol punk rear end radar, radar sucks, just a menagerie of LIES to trick our mind and corrupt our souls!

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

i decided days ago that weather doesnt exist and now theres no storms directly on top of me but some stupid satellite plate wants to tell me somethin? get hosed bud

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Lol those Portland hipsters love their cigs

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/TropicalTidbits/status/1306616789623885825

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

what

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

uhh

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

i mean they used to be rare

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Nice!

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

weird, rare things seem to be happening every other year now :thunk:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

So like -1 to health but +2 to cool. Not a bad tradeoff

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
This got me reading about tropical storms in Europe, and I found this about Hurricane Faith in 1966:

quote:

Bypassing the Leeward Islands, Faith remained at nearly the same intensity, until re-strengthening into Category 2 hurricane on August 28, near Turks and Caicos Islands. The storm quickly intensified further into a Category 3 hurricane only six hours later.

After remaining a Category 2 hurricane since August 29, Faith weakened slightly to a Category 1 hurricane early on September 6, as it neared the Faroe Islands. Crossing the North Sea, Faith finally transitioned into an extratropical storm at 1200 UTC later that day, while centered about 125 miles (200 km) east-northeast of Tórshavn. The extratropical remnants of Faith headed eastward and affected Norway with winds as high as 60 mph (95 km/h). Tracking over Scandinavia, the extratropical storm weakened to the equivalent of a tropical depression before entering the Soviet Union (present day Russia). Eventually, the storm degenerated into an extratropical low pressure area, curved northward, and retained its identity until September 15, when it was over Franz Josef Land, which is roughly 600 miles (965 km) from the North Pole.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Rauros posted:

how MANY people did you kill!?

603. I'm no Katrina.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

twoday posted:

This got me reading about tropical storms in Europe, and I found this about Hurricane Faith in 1966:
That’s...certainly something. That may be the most traveled cyclone