Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I think it's worth noting that Abbadon has taken a heap of inspiration from Morrowind and the Neverar Prophecy is pretty interesting because to accommodate your player choice the universe pretty much has to just concede that Prophecy in general is a guideline and if you produce a situation that matches it enough you can just force it to happen.

If that's the case with the Heir and everything else we end up with a set of events that will come to pass but the players are all pretty much interchangeable as long as they fit the description. We've already maybe seen Alison replace Zaid this way, Vigilant Gaze too.

Oh poo poo a snype... uh..uhh... Vigilant Gayz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Schwarzwald posted:

— let's say, let's say for the sake of argument, that Jagganoth brings the war of all against all to these people's worlds, and it destroys these worlds, let's say that happens.

Do you think people aren't going to just sell their homes and move?

*Nyave slowly chops a hole into a wall with an axe and pokes her head through*

THERES JUST ONE SMALL PROBLEM, JAGG. SELL THEM TO WHO, loving AESMA?!

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

“Lord Intra,” said Intra’s sparring partner one day, “You are called Lord of Games. Yet you are a man, and men make poor gamers.”

“It is true,” said Intra, for nearly all of the famous gamers of the day were women and the ya-at, who were three sexed. This tradition was rather long in the bones, and rumored to have been started by a famous vagrant who rarely cut her hair and lived in a barrel. There was popular theater about it, in those days.

“Men are too preoccupied with their joysticks,” said Lord Intra, “They get distracted.”

“You mistake my meaning,” said Intra’s sparring partner, “What I mean is this: you are a mere man. What can you do to the new gods of the Red City, with their power gloves and turbo controllers?”

“I am not concerned with enmity,” said Intra, “I am very skilled in Donkey Kong 64”

“It is true you are very fierce,” conceded his partner, “But my son's leftuber is also very fierce. Could his leftuber own The Immaculate Master of Logic?”

“That depends,” said Intra, “How skilled is the leftuber in Donkey Kong 64?”

“Hbomberguy cannot learn Donkey Kong 64, Lord Intra,” said Intra’s attendant, and made a bitter motion.

“Don’t tell hbomberguy that,” said Intra, who was very skilled at smiling. “If you don’t tell him he will learn it anyway and cut The Immaculate Master of Logic in half with a single hot take.”

-The Song of Maybe

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Tulip posted:

The demiurges seem mostly pretty unhappy. Mammon and Jadis openly want to die, Nadia was crippled by anxiety before her husband got killed again, Davey seems to have some pretty depressive ennui, Gog-Agog has fun but also doesn't seem happy with herself and constantly craves more. Incubus is a bitter 'lol nothing matters' type and he might be the closest to satisfaction? Which is pretty hosed up because he's pretty far from it.

I mean, judging by how YISUN praised Aesma for being the most hungry of his disciples, it seems rather clear that power in KSBD boils down to being unsatisfied, for who can wield the terrible blade of Want if they have everything they desire? The demiurges are just failing because they don't want enough to get out of their rut really (while Zoss wanted change enough to die for it), but they had to have wanted at least some things to get as far as they have.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Jagganoth has been Wanting more for a long time. What did they fight the war for? This? So Solomon can pretend to be the just emperor while he splits up families, so Gog-Agog can pretend that all the empty shells staring at her are people who like her?

Just burn it all. Maybe something worthwhile can grow from that.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

There’s no ‘maybe something worthwhile’ for Jagganoth as far as we know. He’s Escaflowne the movie’s Folken, who thinks the only solution to suffering is to end the world.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

MadDogMike posted:

I mean, judging by how YISUN praised Aesma for being the most hungry of his disciples, it seems rather clear that power in KSBD boils down to being unsatisfied, for who can wield the terrible blade of Want if they have everything they desire? The demiurges are just failing because they don't want enough to get out of their rut really (while Zoss wanted change enough to die for it), but they had to have wanted at least some things to get as far as they have.

Ah, is that why Jadis got block'd? She successfully took the shortcut to her desires and ended up overshooting past wanting things.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Tulip posted:

Ah, is that why Jadis got block'd? She successfully took the shortcut to her desires and ended up overshooting past wanting things.

Nah she just couldn’t handle the Shape and it absolutely wrecked her body. Aesma was a god and seeing the shape blew her eyes out. Jadis wants to die.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Demiurge4 posted:

The Ben Shapiro of Demiurges.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Happy Underpants posted:

Do you think the 'h h h h h h h h h' is Jadis starting to say help? Are her worlds already on fire? This comic is so good.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHeeeeere's Jagganoth!

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I know exactly what's showing up on Jadis' icecube during that red glow reflecting on Solomon's face:

RAYUBA CHAOS DUNK ADVISORY WARNING! A MEASURED 19.7 MEGAJOULE OF NEGATIVE BBALL PROTONS HAVE BEEN DETECTED. A CHAOS DUNK IS IMMINENT.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Happy Underpants posted:

Also Solomon was going to renege on his oversold stupid wish. That pile of waxed lies.
I think it was more, "look, this whole show has been about finding a way to gracefully exit, but maybe you should meet my kids, the people best positioned to step into any power vacuum, before you decide that's really what you want." But hey, good news White Chain, the question of who rules the Celestial Empire may be about to become academic.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

SardonicTyrant posted:

“Lord Intra,” said Intra’s sparring partner one day, “You are called Lord of Games. Yet you are a man, and men make poor gamers.”

“It is true,” said Intra, for nearly all of the famous gamers of the day were women and the ya-at, who were three sexed. This tradition was rather long in the bones, and rumored to have been started by a famous vagrant who rarely cut her hair and lived in a barrel. There was popular theater about it, in those days.

“Men are too preoccupied with their joysticks,” said Lord Intra, “They get distracted.”

“You mistake my meaning,” said Intra’s sparring partner, “What I mean is this: you are a mere man. What can you do to the new gods of the Red City, with their power gloves and turbo controllers?”

“I am not concerned with enmity,” said Intra, “I am very skilled in Donkey Kong 64”

“It is true you are very fierce,” conceded his partner, “But my son's leftuber is also very fierce. Could his leftuber own The Immaculate Master of Logic?”

“That depends,” said Intra, “How skilled is the leftuber in Donkey Kong 64?”

“Hbomberguy cannot learn Donkey Kong 64, Lord Intra,” said Intra’s attendant, and made a bitter motion.

“Don’t tell hbomberguy that,” said Intra, who was very skilled at smiling. “If you don’t tell him he will learn it anyway and cut The Immaculate Master of Logic in half with a single hot take.”

-The Song of Maybe

"The Most Exalted Emperor, Father, God of the Seven Part World, and Paternum of the Celestial Empire Solomon David will recognize your victory. In light of this unprecedented event and according to the ancient law of this land he bids you name what boon you will ask of him. You must choose ere you leave this ring. So think upon your choice with exceeding caution."

"HOW DO YOU BEAT BEAVER BOTHER"

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Who What Now posted:

I'm dead

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1306414075199524864

Get hype.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Does this count as an edit?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Oh god.... :suspense:

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Ugh I was already overhype for the next comic now we gotta wait longer but at least it'll be a bunch all at once.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Aww yes. I love when he does this, honestly.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

:dance:

This is all gonna go south spectacularly

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

All other comics: Great! Delays! :(
Kill Six Billion Demons: Great! Delays! :)

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I didn't make this.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Joe Slowboat posted:

Nah she just couldn’t handle the Shape and it absolutely wrecked her body. Aesma was a god and seeing the shape blew her eyes out. Jadis wants to die.

I'd probably freak out too if the all-seeing pattern of reality was a constellation of galaxies & universes floating in an eternal extra-dimensional void in the shape of dickbutt.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

i don't know if i can get more hype :supaburn:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Janis is a harsh referee.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Renaissance Robot posted:

Let's say, let's say, for the sake of the argument, that all the worlds get plunged into oblivion in the next 100 years, in the next 10 years, their very being dissolved into nothingness; do you really think the people living in affected areas won't just sell their homes and move somewhere else?

Schwarzwald posted:

— let's say, let's say for the sake of argument, that Jagganoth brings the war of all against all to these people's worlds, and it destroys these worlds, let's say that happens.

Do you think people aren't going to just sell their homes and move?

Were we both writing the exact same post at the same time? :lol:

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Who What Now posted:

Took me longer than I'm proud of.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

SardonicTyrant posted:

All other comics: Great! Delays! :(
Kill Six Billion Demons: Great! Delays! :)

I just hope the Homestuck influences don't extend to a year-long hiatus.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Wyld Karde posted:

operant appears to be a fuckin' machine when it comes to churning out pages and knows how to pace themselves so i'm not in fear of that

still holding out hope for an oversized hardcover edition when all is said and done

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Please put a whistle in their mouth and change the hhhhh to "phweeeee"

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

WONDERFUL.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Please put a whistle in their mouth and change the hhhhh to "phweeeee"

Couldn't make the "ph" look good, but you get a whistle at least!

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Staggy posted:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

:five::five::five::five::five:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Staggy posted:

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Wyld Karde posted:

Get worried when Operant launches a kickstarter for the K6BD video game.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
When Operant makes a sports comic next I expect you all to reverse this trend and make it a transcendental revolutionary magic girl manga.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

VanSandman posted:

When Operant makes a sports comic next I expect you all to reverse this trend and make it a transcendental revolutionary magic girl manga.

Bold of you to think it won't already be both

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Renaissance Robot posted:

Were we both writing the exact same post at the same time? :lol:

Same hat!

Wyld Karde posted:

After the hiatus Abaddon comes back and the next four pages are composed on a sand mandala.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Staggy posted:

loving amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Holy poo poo, the look on his face just works perfectly for that.