Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I was able to preorder digital version through Best Buy (USA) right now. Charged my card and everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

AxeManiac posted:

My order finally went through, looks like it's all confirmed on paypal and bestbuy's side. I was about to give up too

Mine finally went through as well, hopefully we'll all actually get one :hfive:

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
All I get is an error adding to cart. Shame because I’d really rather not play the target game.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I got mine on GameStop. Just like my launch PS4. Woo.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I got it through Best Buy. Took a few tries but it went through.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Best Buy worked! For whatever stupid reason going through incognito fixed the issue.

district of thizz
May 9, 2006

How do, jerry bus.

Bestbuy (US) worked for me (confirmed order and pending charge on CC) about 10-15 minutes ago.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

4x success story!

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

bloodysabbath posted:

Best Buy worked! For whatever stupid reason going through incognito fixed the issue.

Holy poo poo, thank you! This worked for me!

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Best Buy only has the disk version at this point. I’m curious what numbers Sony published to their distributors and what demand was for disk and diskless. I guess we’ll find out eventually.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

For anyone in the UK looking to preorder, I just got one from very

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

bloodychill posted:

Best Buy only has the disk version at this point. I’m curious what numbers Sony published to their distributors and what demand was for disk and diskless. I guess we’ll find out eventually.

Someone earlier said a fair bit less digital were going out.

Akuma posted:

I don't want to give you any anxiety or anything, but Very are pretty hit and miss from what I remember.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

+1 on managed to pre-order through Best Buy for the Disk version.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I have a job that doesn't allow me to stay up til midnight so I missed out on all the pre order opportunities for the digital version I guess. I don't want the disc version

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I’m up at 1am because I work night shift and just preordered the PS5 disc version, remote control, and headset from Best Buy for store pickup. Seemed to work easy. Honestly kind of can’t believe I’m doing this. I’ve never ordered a console on release day before. But I watched that reveal on YouTube earlier and fml, demon souls, a new god of war?? I know the last 5 years or so I’ve been all Xbox all the way and I always felt like I was missing out on the ps exclusives, and since purchasing a PS4 pro a few months back I’ve had some of the best gaming experiences ever. I mean, you all got me through Bloodborne! And the last of us and uncharted series.. oh man.

So Best Buy seems super easy at the moment. You're all sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and preorder a few consoles. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what playstation owners do! You'll get used to it...

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

One question I have is, and I’m sorry I’m sure this was answered in the 1500 posts since this morning but, which version of a game do I buy now? When cyberpunk or watch dogs legion comes out do I buy the ps5 version or PS4 version?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Blind Rasputin posted:

One question I have is, and I’m sorry I’m sure this was answered in the 1500 posts since this morning but, which version of a game do I buy now? When cyberpunk or watch dogs legion comes out do I buy the ps5 version or PS4 version?

Depends what kind of upgrade path they offer, really.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Blind Rasputin posted:

Buy the one with same number as your console I guess.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Cyberpunk will get a free upgrade to next gen. Dunno about Watch Dogs.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Akuma posted:

These are all reporting sold out now. And every single peripheral :o

This is almost a Saturn like reveal but instead of consoles available NOW it is preorders NOW.
Also people are actually going for it.

It is wild how bad and mixed messaging has been all over the place, but a testament to just how well the PS4 has done that people are still sticking with it.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
So yeah, Best Buy finally worked. Now to cancel GameStop :). Thanks to all of you for keeping me informed.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Blind Rasputin posted:

If it's Cyberpunk, buy whichever and they'll upgrade you for free sometime next year (undetermined). If it's Watchdogs, they'll also hook you up but haven't said when but it's not likely to be long.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Best Buy is absolutely more likely to keep my preorder than Target, and I should cancel Target, right?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

What's the chance of GS having more tomorrow if I check in? Or is this an unknown quantity atm?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm in no real hurry to get a PS5 until Forbidden West comes out, no real compelling launch games except Demon Souls which can wait. Instead I'll be refreshing at least half a dozen GPU store pages to buy one of the 12 RTX 3080s in existence today.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Blind Rasputin posted:

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/06/cyberpunk_2077_will_look_better_on_ps5_at_launch_will_get_a_free_next-gen_update_in_2021

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

bloodysabbath posted:

Best Buy is absolutely more likely to keep my preorder than Target, and I should cancel Target, right?

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

What's the chance of GS having more tomorrow if I check in? Or is this an unknown quantity atm?

Chummers, choose carefully.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Maybe it’s best to just wait until the ps5 is out to play these next generation games. Why play half of it on a PS4. The graphics are so much the experience!

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

bloodysabbath posted:

What’s the downside of keeping both pre-orders to ensure that you don’t get hosed? You may have to end up returning one at nearly zero loss to yourself? Being less $500 in your bank account for a few days?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Better yet, consider that $500 preorder as an investment into banking with Best Buy.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
got a pre-order email :toot:

might have to ask my wife to actually do the thing though since I'm supposed to teach a class then

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

zenintrude posted:

What’s the downside of keeping both pre-orders to ensure that you don’t get hosed? You may have to end up returning one at nearly zero loss to yourself? Being less $500 in your bank account for a few days?

:lol: I got one at Target, freaked out that Target may cancel my order because they've pulled that before with console launches, so I pre-ordered a crappy bundle at Gamestop as an insurance policy, but now I've been able to get a Best Buy pre-order.

I'm gonna cancel the GS bundle, and if two consoles show up at my house, my brother is just going to buy the second one from me for MSRP.

il serpente cosmico fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Sep 17, 2020

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Managed to snag a pre-order from very and Amazon this morning, as long as they both turn up one will probably go to a friend

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Hey guys PS5s are pretty easy to find

https://twitter.com/lazygamereviews/status/1306395895940947974?s=21

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jesus

How would that even work? How do you sell a preorder.

Of course the follow up tweet is a screenshot of sold preorders lmao.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
This tweeter actually makes a really, really good point:

https://twitter.com/StormYorha/status/1306341626281963521

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

VideoGames posted:

This tweeter actually makes a really, really good point:

https://twitter.com/StormYorha/status/1306341626281963521

Actually replace those with the Mario anniversary collection. Those will go up in value !

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

If someone hasn't done high bitrate audio rips of the Demon's Souls OST by November 15th then I'm gonna be v sad

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Macaluso posted:

I have a job

Wow ok humble brag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!
I interviewed for the team that made that Best Buy site. I do not envy the on-call SREs today as five million hyperventilating nerds simultaneously try over and over and circuit breakers get tripped in order to keep the rest of the site afloat.

Steve Yun posted:

Hey guys PS5s are pretty easy to find

The galaxy brain move here would be to buy a PS5 pre-order at 1500 and to resell it at 3000.