Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
PC and PlayStation is the ultimate gaming combo! Add a Nintendo if you like Nintendo! Don't buy the American game box!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

JBP posted:

PC and PlayStation is the ultimate gaming combo! Add a Nintendo if you like Nintendo! Don't buy the American game box!
I have a reasonably powerful gaming PC but at the moment I think PS5 + Switch will be the way to go for 2021, unless you have to have Halo and Gears of War.

Edit: I'm not going to sell my gaming PC this time though because I did that once a few years ago and realized that bizarre draw towards slashing my knuckles on the inside edges of big rear end PC cases will never go away and buying a new gaming PC from the ground up is stupid expensive.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Sep 17, 2020

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The ultimate gaming combo is everything except Xbox.

E: Even if you care about halo and gears

BigHandsVince
Mar 30, 2007
Mamma Mia, my hands are huge!

Got a preorder in in the UK, have they said when games will be available to order?

Are those psplus games that are going to be free on PS5 going to be enhanced? 60fps Bloodborne? 👏

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I got em all baby :getin:

the xbox one s is used for playing old xbox 360 games. switch for playing 20 year old mario games. PS4 for Netflix.

what a time

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The best use I found for my Xbone was giving it to someone who had no games.

Now he still has no games.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Rinkles posted:

The 3080 makes more sense now.

A mere $700 to play Bugsnax with an unlocked framerate at 4k. You'd almost be a fool NOT to buy one!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Bigly lol at all the no-name pc gamer posters waving their big dicks around last night

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Shopto want me to confirm my pre order now but when i did, the site crashed and i cant get back into my account. Also thrmey say not to pre paid because they dont their allocation yet so you might not get one even tho i preordered back in maym that better still count. They say i have until next week to confirm the pre-order but i wonder im not in the queue until i do...

This poo poo is annoying. I managed to pre order a switch causally 1 week before release, thanks wiiu

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I'm kinda annoyed that Miles Morales is coming to PS4. I thought the whole drat point was that this game was going to be a PS5 tech showcase with super-fast movement around the city and fancy streaming data stuff.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Vikar Jerome posted:

Shopto want me to confirm my pre order now but when i did, the site crashed and i cant get back into my account. Also thrmey say not to pre paid because they dont their allocation yet so you might not get one even tho i preordered back in maym that better still count. They say i have until next week to confirm the pre-order but i wonder im not in the queue until i do...

This poo poo is annoying. I managed to pre order a switch causally 1 week before release, thanks wiiu

Pretty sure you do need to hit the confirm your pre-order button or they're throwing it out next week, not sure if yours went through, but I think you can check again and see if the button's still there?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
There are a few old Xbox games I'd like to play again, but they're niche Japanese games that I don't even know if work on the new hardware, like Chromehounds, EDF, Sylpheed and Tenchu Senran. It used to include Metal Wolf but by some crazy miracle it escaped Japanese Xbox world.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Necrothatcher posted:

I'm kinda annoyed that Miles Morales is coming to PS4. I thought the whole drat point was that this game was going to be a PS5 tech showcase with super-fast movement around the city and fancy streaming data stuff.

I knew as soon as I saw footage that it was total bullshit they couldn't get it on PS4. Like nothing in it looked better than Spiderman. It's the same engine, it's a smaller game and it's coming out like 2 years after the original so bullfuckingshit it was built from the ground up.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If the PS5 launches Nov 12th
And Cyberpunk 2077 launches Nov 19th

Why is there no PS5 version to purchase as part of the PS5 launch titles?

:thunk:

JBP posted:

Yes this is the Holy Trinity.

'Last' Gen it was PC + PS4 + 3DS.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

From this moment on I think all PS5 games that are also getting a PS4 release will be back-ported, in the sense of "technically you can play it, but runs at 20fps + looks like crap + wouldn't you rather play this on a PS5 etc. etc." Don't forget that MGSV also got PS3/XB360 releases in 2015.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
CDPR has said they need more time to make a proper next gen version to take advantage of the various features of the new consoles. We'll probably get a PS5 version a year or so later with all the DLC included.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Don't forget that MGSV also got PS3/XB360 releases in 2015.

yeah and it ran and looked great

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

il serpente cosmico posted:

CDPR has said they need more time to make a proper next gen version to take advantage of the various features of the new consoles. We'll probably get a PS5 version a year or so later with all the DLC included.

The PC version already has RTX etc. :shrug: Unless they're thinking of doing something with the SSD?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anything that isn't coming to PS4 right now isn't coming to PS4 for profitability reasons, not because it would be impossible to make a PS4 port of it. Sony would rather sell more copies of Spiderman. Demon's Souls is probably the type of thing they are more willing to take a hit on to sell consoles.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

lmao GAME in the UK have apparently started sending out preorder cancellation emails as they took way more than their allocated stock

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The RTX effects probably have to be properly scaled for consoles since neither of them have the number of cores you'd need to pull off ray-traced everything.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

stev posted:

The PC version already has RTX etc. :shrug: Unless they're thinking of doing something with the SSD?

They're thinking of making more money by selling an enhanced edition a year later. It's called the "GTA V strategy"

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Necrothatcher posted:

lmao GAME in the UK have apparently started sending out preorder cancellation emails as they took way more than their allocated stock

Oof. Glad I got mine in within a couple minutes of the page going live.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

yeah and it ran and looked great

It was also restricted to like eight soldiers per map quadrant because of having to run on PS3/X360. The biggest base in the game felt like a ghost town.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

The ultimate gaming combo is everything except Xbox.

E: Even if you care about halo and gears

Image buying an Xbox and expecting to play Flight Simulator and Gears Tactics when they're released.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
I got my pre-order confirmed by Curry's but still haven't received my the email confirmation and it's 2 hours later.

If you try to pre-order now you get an instant "500 - we're going through essential server maintenance" message so hopefully it's only because of that.

I'll be gutted if I get a cancellation and they TOOK FIVE OF MY GOOD POUNDS FOR IT

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I knew as soon as I saw footage that it was total bullshit they couldn't get it on PS4. Like nothing in it looked better than Spiderman. It's the same engine, it's a smaller game and it's coming out like 2 years after the original so bullfuckingshit it was built from the ground up.

I just played Spider-Man recently and if you can't see any graphical improvements in the new one either you were watching a bad stream or you should get your eyes tested

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Unironically buying Spider-Man Miles Morales Ultimate Edition so I can replaye Spider-Man Remastered.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

How is it still not up on Amazon UK. The peripherals are all there.

Have they said anything about PC compatibility for the DS5? I might just order one of them if I can replace my DS4 with it and get the console itself next year.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

fridge corn posted:

Bigly lol at all the no-name pc gamer posters waving their big dicks around last night

lol it happens every time there’s a presentation.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

stev posted:

It was. It sold out at about 9:20.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Still gotta get my Plush-Art poster framed, cause I'm a lazy man :v:

Hoping he does a Miles Morales version

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I really don't mind stuff coming out for both ps4 and ps5 but for any cross gen title I am definitely waiting to play it on ps5 without a doubt

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Necrothatcher posted:

Looks like it’s people who never got the confirmation email last night so fingers crossed.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

stev posted:

The AMD hardware is very different than nvidia's. They are already pushing out the game for 4 different console SKUs and PC at launch. Added two more drastically more powerful consoles into the mix would suck up a lot of resources.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

stev posted:

Already came and went. Best bet is Argos tomorrow.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

I really can't decide if I want a digital or a disc version. I know you can resell your games and you can buy used and physical games go on sale and all that jive, but I couldn't tell you the last physical console game I bought.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Dan Didio posted:

Pretty sure you do need to hit the confirm your pre-order button or they're throwing it out next week, not sure if yours went through, but I think you can check again and see if the button's still there?

I cant even get into my account, site is hosed at the min and my phone isnt helping. Will try when i get home

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

abraxas posted:

I really can't decide if I want a digital or a disc version. I know you can resell your games and you can buy used and physical games go on sale and all that jive, but I couldn't tell you the last physical console game I bought.

I'm going for the Disc version because I'll probably be more reliant on pre-owned prices. I mean the prices for new stuff on the PS store are sometimes utterly insane - or even old games that they just haven't applied any deals or price drops to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

wtf are pre-orders selling out already? or is this just like the first wave or something?