Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Yeah, the tweeter is the idiot. Nobody cares if astronauts touch naughty bits, but a pregnancy would be pretty bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

History Comes Inside! posted:

What’s dumb about not wanting someone to accidentally make a baby in space which is probably the most unsafe place I can imagine to have an unexpected baby?
Wording it as though it's not sex if no penises are involved. Nobody thinks it's a good idea for someone to get pregnant in space unexpectedly on a long-term mission, but the wording is... fairly clueless even though it's working within a character constraint. Like they couldn't have just said it's to prevent pregnancy?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

What’s dumb about not wanting someone to accidentally make a baby in space which is probably the most unsafe place I can imagine to have an unexpected baby?

How else are we going to create Newtypes?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Zero Gizz is just gonna gum up a computer

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Someone should introduce NASA to the hot new technology called "contraceptives"

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Elviscat posted:

Eeeeh, the idea of wanting to be 100% on a long-term mission because there's no good way to deal with the million to one shot isn't stupid. Doesn't mean the potential problem is at all likely.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

:psyduck:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
This also gives us a chance to study lesbian bed death in zero g.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

PetraCore posted:

Wording it as though it's not sex if no penises are involved. Nobody thinks it's a good idea for someone to get pregnant in space unexpectedly on a long-term mission, but the wording is... fairly clueless even though it's working within a character constraint. Like they couldn't have just said it's to prevent pregnancy?

It’s a 3 year old headline and it feels like we’ve all grown up a lot in that period of time, so I’m sure if it was written today it would be a lot less clumsy in what it’s trying to convey.

It’s an incredibly flimsy target to try and dunk on.

Elviscat posted:

They’re not 100% effective and that’s cool when you’re here on Earth with access to a million and one other options but not so great when you’re flying through space.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

It’s a 3 year old headline and it feels like we’ve all grown up a lot in that period of time, so I’m sure if it was written today it would be a lot less clumsy in what it’s trying to convey.

Dunking takes a lot longer in space, all right?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

They’re not 100% effective and that’s cool when you’re here on Earth with access to a million and one other options but not so great when you’re flying through space.

The Russians just pulled out.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
In space, no one can hear you cream.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

But think of how historic the first space baby would be!

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RsLNwVAAos

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

OP is not the idiot

https://twitter.com/mike_hugs/status/1306392674505838594?s=19

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

It’s a 3 year old headline and it feels like we’ve all grown up a lot in that period of time

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

It’s a 3 year old headline and it feels like we’ve all grown up a lot in that period of time

what planet are you on?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Life finds a way.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Elviscat posted:

The outrage over WAP takes on a new light when you consider Nikki Minaj has been doing filthier lyrics longer, and pretty recently, Arianna Grande had a song about getting hosed so hard that you walk weird, featuring lyrics like "wrist icicle, ride dick bicycle" during the Nikki cameo.

This should be really familiar to GenX when everyone would lash onto a song as satanic, like "aww do those words scare you old timer"

the worst moral outrage values horror 2020 could bring is a world in which ladies are allowed to sing about the hot juice drippin down their crack without having to use specific euphemisms that can also be applied to freshly cooked foods (cherry pies, roasts, baked buns etc) for plausible deniability.

Now historians can make money writing about this along with other "oh my delicate ears, the royal bard just said dick instead of cock so they couldn't possibly have been singing about roosters this time, guards arrest that man" moments

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

PetraCore posted:

Eeeeh, the idea of wanting to be 100% on a long-term mission because there's no good way to deal with the million to one shot isn't stupid. Doesn't mean the potential problem is at all likely.

so only people who've had their gonads removed should be allowed to be astronauts? An intriguing idea. I'm sure animes have been made about the subject, someone should watch them and report back in on it.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
To mars and back you could just go with IUDs and vasectomies, anything outside of the solar system you'd just be sending zygotes anyway.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Finally, a resaon to bring back eunuchs.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

PetraCore posted:

All male astronauts should get a vasectomy

Thinky Whale
Aug 2, 2012

All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Fry.

Man, God is mean.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

goblin week posted:

All male astronauts should get a vasectomy

Yeah I feel like this is a much better solution. It's not like they plan on coming back anyway.

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

RareAcumen posted:

Finally, a resaon to bring back eunuchs.

Obviously there is the advantage that they won’t have a dynastic challenge to the anointed Emperor of NASA, but there’s still usurpers like Colonel “Buzz” Eleutherius. Can Congress guarantee that raids for astronauts will take place only in the Caucasus and not in the Ακρωτήριο Κανάβεραλ theme where an astronaut might have a power base? The last thing we need is a rival NASA on the moon.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i dont know why people are opposed to an actual plan for star citizen coming out.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

Thinky Whale posted:

Man, God is mean.

WE MUST ATTACK AND DETHRONE GOD OR WE ARE ALL DOOMED!

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

I like your nurse's uniform, guy.

So recruit an abortionist to go on the mission too!

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

Thinky Whale posted:

Man, God is mean.

I swear he’s here somewhere I just misplaced him

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The message is to use masks and renewable energy ya ninny

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Thinky Whale posted:

Man, God is mean.

Back in undergrad I took a US Foreign policy class. One if the groups have their entire presentation on God as the most important non-state actor. It was a trip. I was the smug atheist who during the Q&A period asked if this meant heaven should be invaded a coalition of the willing and God tried for crimes against humanity. And no, the class did not stand up and clap.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Thinky Whale posted:

Man, God is mean.

“WHY WON’T YOU LOVE ME?” God cried, as he beat and tortured his children.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Also:

https://youtu.be/EL7e05pClKM

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

you want a happy God or a vengeful God?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I want to murder the gods and topple their thrones

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Thinky Whale posted:

Man, God is mean.

I'm no longer an atheist, I'm a misotheist. God is real and he's a son of a bitch.

Bismuth posted:

I want to murder the gods and topple their thrones

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam

dialhforhero posted:

Apparently God is a boomer.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

dialhforhero posted:

The catastrophes will continue until piety improves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Thinky Whale posted:

Man, God is mean.

Maybe God's trying to tell us to emit less loving carbon.