Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014
Is it even worth going to a local best buy to see if they got any in stock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

There was briefly a "buy now" button on nvidia's site that didn't do anything when I clicked it.

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

ChazTurbo posted:

absolutely not

the demand for this is insane

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

OhFunny posted:

Probably. I saw Add to Cart flicker on and off so fast I only just managed to click one.

Those seconds signing into my BB account when I clicked check out were likely my doom.

nah not even that, i literally had the card go from in my cart to gone in the second it took to click.

it was all botters

ChazTurbo posted:

no, bb said it was online only as they got so few they couldn't send them to stores

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

ChazTurbo posted:

No, if it were in stock in the store you'd see that on the website.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i was playing spelunky 2 to kill time and completely missed the window at 9:03. that was sure some launch lol.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

ChazTurbo posted:

No. Don't be another of "that guy," especially nowadays with COVID.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

AirRaid posted:

Next day shipping, arriving tomorrow.

We I did it lads!
£759 holy poo poo. Well, as long as you're happy about it.

Bit of a kick in the nuts (again) for the 2080Ti (ex)owners who sold their cards on eBay for cheap thinking they would actually be able to snag one of these for RRP.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Love $1100 video card reselling in a dying global economy

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Boz0r posted:

Pretty sure I got the MSI Gaming X Trio, but for some reason the shop's website is a bit sluggish.

At least the reviews for the partner cards seem like the coolers are very good.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Oh well, got my PS5 at least.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Well I hope that this is indeed a paper launch and they can restock as much as possible, I'm in the big boat where we're all just wanting a card before cyberpunk comes out. I don't mind the wait so much as I mind having to check constantly if stuff is in stock.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

looks like the ASUS TUF gaming card is a peach, low temps and quiet, it's one of the less ugly AIB cards too

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

ChazTurbo posted:

Probably not.

Drone posted:

gently caress it, I'm not even gonna bother. I'll just wait until the internet calms down and then put my name on a waiting list or something.

This is what has me mad. I just want to pay best buy now and they get me the card when they get it.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

akadajet posted:

What a joke

Same thing here lol

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Animal posted:

Same. F5'ing NVIDIA and Best Buy on 1GB FIOS went from NOTIFY ME to OUT_OF_STOCK instantly. I'm guessing they all got nabbed by internal employees.

yeah there was likely never stock to begin with. i imagine employees were able to buy 1 card or something and everyone got one to use or scalp on ebay

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

KidDynamite posted:

i was playing spelunky 2 to kill time and completely missed the window at 9:03. that was sure some launch lol.

You didn't miss poo poo. No one got one, no button even came up.

There is no way that wasn't all snagged by bots, or there were only like 50 cards.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

EVGA added the 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming to their Step-Up list. Assuming more models will be added as time goes on, but I think I'm gonna jump on that one to step-up from a 2070s. Hoping it gets here by CP2077 but if not the 2070s will manage fine.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sphyre posted:

looks like the ASUS TUF gaming card is a peach, low temps and quiet, it's one of the less ugly AIB cards too

Eh Maybe that B&H order will ship sometime then lol

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

spunkshui posted:

Probably not.

This is what has me mad. I just want to pay best buy now and they get me the card when they get it.

Yeah that's the insane thing. Why can't we just place orders and we'll get it when we get it? Instead we have to play f5 sniper for the next however many months it takes for the bots to stop grabbing them all.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Republicans posted:

Same here, though I have a couple open for the time being in case pre-orders get delayed or cancelled due to allocation

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.

Sphyre posted:

thats the only one that showed up with any stock on newegg, site crashed adding to cart though

it's a shame that asus' TUF branding is probably the worst out there

Vir
Dec 14, 2007

Does it tickle when your Body Thetans flap their wings, eh Beatrice?
Amazingly, AIB cards are still in stock at Komplett. The Zotac one is presumably a reference board of the Palit/Gainward persuasion, and it's at the same MSRP as the FE :norway:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Republicans posted:

Post/Username combo.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

spunkshui posted:

Probably not.

Yeah this is exactly what I want, and what I assume will be possible after every single computer parts seller's website stops getting DDOS'd.

Dunno if Best Buy does it, but here most of the online shops I usually use usually just let you buy a thing even if it's out of stock and they'll ship it to you when they get it in stock.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Sphyre posted:

Def sold on the ROG card then because it has a an even bigger cooler and its got a huge mono block.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

axeil posted:

Yeah that's the insane thing. Why can't we just place orders and we'll get it when we get it? Instead we have to play f5 sniper for the next however many months it takes for the bots to stop grabbing them all.

Because this anxiety is driving people to want it more, it's a marketing trick.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

oh and if you want to just order and get it whenever

https://www.adorama.com/l/?searchinfo=3080

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Shipon posted:

Because this anxiety is driving people to want it more, it's a marketing trick.

jensen has clearly learned from nintendo in that regard

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

B&H is still full dead.

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

Any other aftermarket reviews posted yet? The Asus TUF MSI Gaming X Trio seems to nail the thermal/noise sweet spot so far.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/asus-geforce-rtx-3080-tuf-gaming-oc/31.html
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/msi-geforce-rtx-3080-gaming-x-trio/31.html
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/palit-geforce-rtx-3080-gaming-pro-oc/31.html
https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_geforce_rtx_3080_gaming_x_trio_review,9.html

space marine todd fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Sep 17, 2020

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

gee....

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Think I got an MSI Ventus from Scan...managed to crawl all the way to the payment screen at the checkout, then it stopped responding after verifying my card, but then I just got an order invoice email through.

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
So who's ready to do this whole thing again next week??

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

MarcusSA posted:

Eh Maybe that B&H order will ship sometime then lol

Same.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

KidDynamite posted:

oh and if you want to just order and get it whenever

https://www.adorama.com/l/?searchinfo=3080

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
magic cards are often subject to similar pressures

cardkingdom is a "newegg equivilent" in the Magic The Gathering vending world

when you start buying a card on CK, it reserves it in your cart for the duration of the transaction up to a couple minutes

this seems like basic logic that any modern online POS system should have implemented; kinda insane that Newegg uses the "if someone else gets their card through before you, sorry!" model

i want one of these things but I'll wait until February before I'll pay much of a premium

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Power limits so far

MSI Gaming X Trio - 350W
Palit Gaming Pro - 350W
Founders Edition - 370W
ASUS TUF - 375W

Nobody pushing past the safe limit of 2x8pin yet, not even the MSI which has 3x8pins

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Yolshi posted:

If this is CCL, my Paypal email came through a solid 5-6 minutes before the confirmation, you should be good I think?

Sure am! Didn't check my spam box. Should be here on Saturday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.

ColTim posted:

So who's ready to do this whole thing again next week??

lmao if anyone is gonna sacrifice their time to go through this with the 3090