Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

reddit poster posted:

I GOT ONE rear end loving by Nvidia's vaporware launch

I chuckled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Shogunner posted:

lmao if anyone is gonna sacrifice their time to go through this with the 3090

if I wanted to spend $1500 on a video card I'd buy a 3080 today on eBay

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

repiv posted:

Power limits so far

MSI Gaming X Trio - 350W
Palit Gaming Pro - 350W
Founders Edition - 370W
ASUS TUF - 375W

TEAM ASUS!

I wonder how much you can suck down from the wall with 3 power plugs on the ROG card.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

wow. sorry if i got anyone's hopes up.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Gaming X Trio is testing even better for sound & performance. I think it's like $50 over FE though.

https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_geforce_rtx_3080_gaming_x_trio_review,9.html

https://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/dominic-moass/msi-rtx-3080-gaming-x-trio-review/21/

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Lol now B&H and throwing cloudflare.

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

oh nice! yeah I edited that in late, but didn't read it yet

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Shogunner posted:

lmao if anyone is gonna sacrifice their time to go through this with the 3090

Wouldn't be surprised if the only 3090s in existence are the one Jensen held in the video (debatable) and maybe the product images we've seen.

My guess is only 1-2 Youtube reviewers will get one, and they'll be told they can't keep them, too.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Oh well, guess I've got money for a new motherboard and Zen3 CPU now. :haw:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Eh screw this. I'm gonna go to bed lol. I'll see if my B&H or Amazon orders go through.

Good luck ya'll

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Anyone seen reviews of the EVGA 3080FTW3? Not sure if I wanna spend the extra to step-up to that or wait for them to add a lower tier card.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
so, worth it buying a firesale 2080 ti on ebay?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I dunno why people think this was botted when pretty much only Shopify-oriented bots exist for sneakers. There's clearly just virtually zero stock and it's a fake launch for press

(edit: unless NVidia magically throws up inventory late for some reason)

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

space marine todd posted:

oh nice! yeah I edited that in late, but didn't read it yet

Keep in mind the Gaming X Trio is GIGANTIC. Like 323mm long.

The Ventus 3x is a more sane 305mm long but I haven't seen any reviews for it yet.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

alphabettitouretti posted:

Think I got an MSI Ventus from Scan...managed to crawl all the way to the payment screen at the checkout, then it stopped responding after verifying my card, but then I just got an order invoice email through.

Same! Out of interest how much were you charged? They were up for £650 when I ordered but got charged £720 :v:

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Here’s an idea to deter bots. Use some loving overcomplicated CAPTCHA.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

axeil posted:

so, worth it buying a firesale 2080 ti on ebay?

gently caress no, unless it's under $500.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

triple sulk posted:

I dunno why people think this was botted when pretty much only Shopify-oriented bots exist for sneakers. There's clearly just virtually zero stock and it's a fake launch for press

I don't see how bots would have had any success with these janky broken sites.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

well, twitter is pissed lol

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

triple sulk posted:

Huh? It's not like it's that hard to make a bot for it. Just because you didn't find an easily downloadable one to use doesn't mean others didn't make their own.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I'm really skeptical people were actually buying the founders on the nvidia site. Kinda thinking that one just never went live (yet?)

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Warmachine posted:

well, twitter is pissed lol

I mean I'm less pessimistic overall than most people here, and even I assumed everything would be out of stock on 3080 launch day in like a picosecond.

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if the only 3090s in existence are the one Jensen held in the video (debatable) and maybe the product images we've seen.

My guess is only 1-2 Youtube reviewers will get one, and they'll be told they can't keep them, too.

probably. what sucks is NVIDIA knew this was going to happen and didn't put any measures in to help us not waste our loving time

like, we're all likely adults with jobs and steady incomes to spend X on this dumb rear end powerful GPU, don't make us go through the loving 18 year old buying yeezys experience

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

triple sulk posted:

more bot discussion in this thread than in an hour of MSNBC

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

sean10mm posted:

Keep in mind the Gaming X Trio is GIGANTIC. Like 323mm long.

The Ventus 3x is a more sane 305mm long but I haven't seen any reviews for it yet.

Good point! Good thing I got a huge loving tower case when all the nerds have told me for years to get a tiny baby case.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

I got an order in at Adorama for the MSI Gaming X Trio right at 9:00 AM Eastern, but even at that time it was listed as "Backordered" so I have no idea if they will be fulfilling the order or not. Their site is no longer letting them be added to carts, so I am hoping I made it in under the wire.

Closer than I could get at any other retailer, I never even saw an "add to cart" button on Best Buy, Amazon, or Newegg.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Lamo based on this dudes comment history I think this is actually real.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
Things to use captcha to stop bots on: logging into my nvidia experience locally???

Things to not use captcha to stop bots on: actually purchasing nvidia launch products

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

fletcher posted:

Huh? It's not like it's that hard to make a bot for it. Just because you didn't find an easily downloadable one to use doesn't mean others didn't make their own.

If it was that easy there would be thousands of easily accessible ones, and these sites are presumably all using different payment backends, unlike sneaker boutiques which mostly all use Shopify. You'd also hear people actually talking about it. No one hides the fact that sneaker bots exist and everyone who's into that kind of thing knows all the names. Similar stuff would happen for tech items.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

I managed to put an order through on CCL for a 3080 Ventus, but the delivery date specified in the email is 1st October :ughh: Looks like I just got a 2 week pre-order.

Wasn't my first or second choice either so not gonna lie I have a little bit of buyers remorse, I really wanted a founders or ASUS TUF one, but at least it's sorted and who know maybe they'll send it sooner!

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I don't know if a worse launch could be possible.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Sickening posted:

if it turns out the ones that ship are dripping in COVID and actually explode

Don't Ask
Nov 28, 2002

So how are Zotac products?

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Kingnothing posted:

Lamo based on this dudes comment history I think this is actually real.

They . . . didn't think to pull their t-shirt up over their face?

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.

Sickening posted:

coachella, nike, adidas, etc etc, not my first rodeo by a long shot, and i've absolutely never experienced a product launch this bad

since like 2015 queuing and anti-bot measures have been pretty popular for anything that sells out fast, IDK what the gently caress Nvidia thought was going to happen here

SuperTeeJay
Jun 14, 2015

Taima posted:

I'm really skeptical people were actually buying the founders on the nvidia site. Kinda thinking that one just never went live (yet?)
I'm yet to see anyone with a confirmed order from Nvidia. Stock was either gently caress all or hasn't been released.

Some rep did say on their forums yesterday that they wouldn't reveal the exact time of the stock's availability to avoid resellers getting everything. Not sure that I follow the logic (bots gonna bot) but I'm going to refresh the store at the hour and half-hour mark for a while yet.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Welp, best buy says ROG 3080 is a "sold out" not "coming soon" but a rummer said it was delayed.

Good news the TUF card is a peach because the ROG card has an even bigger cooler with a huge block.

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness
I know it's a coding error, but it's still darkly funny.

Yolshi
Feb 14, 2012

Theophany posted:

Sure am! Didn't check my spam box. Should be here on Saturday.

:hfive:

Seems like it's only CCL and Scan that have managed to get these cards to actual humans, outside of regional stores?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

I can't even load a website that tells me where things are in stock.