Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

lol

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

:dudsmile:

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

:eyepop:

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Now this is Dark Simpsons content I appreciated!

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

This is the only Dark Simpsons for me

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Hubba Hubba

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I use the fade to black "I'm a pretty lousy president" panel on frinkiac to make easy to copy paste text for memes that need photoshopping.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

ikanreed posted:

I use the fade to black "I'm a pretty lousy president" panel on frinkiac to make easy to copy paste text for memes that need photoshopping.

How do you copy/paste the text without losing the black border?

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

There are some free Simpsons fonts out there that are pretty close to the Frinkiac version

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

ikanreed posted:

I'm mad I never thought of this

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

popewiles posted:

You could use this one:
https://frinkiac.com/caption/S07E09/1010709

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

popewiles posted:

Gimp can be pretty unforgiving with its magic wand tool on color differences. Photoshop probably works better and therefor worse.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

That's good stuff.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

ikanreed posted:

Gimp can be pretty unforgiving with its magic wand tool on color differences. Photoshop probably works better and therefor worse.

they improved photoshop alignment with text better. when i was arranging "Nito" into 'Neato" it would throw spacing guidelines even with copied letters

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I don't know about gimp but photoshop has layer properties or styles (something like that) where you can add a border glow, then make it totally black, opaque and very thin. This allows you to copy white text from frinkiac with magic wand tool, add the border back in and put it on its own layer.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

TheMostFrench posted:

I don't know about gimp but photoshop has layer properties or styles (something like that) where you can add a border glow, then make it totally black, opaque and very thin. This allows you to copy white text from frinkiac with magic wand tool, add the border back in and put it on its own layer.

Alternatively, you could just do your text over a black frame on frinkiac, select the white text and use refine edge to shift and feather your selection by however many pixels.

Or just download the font, lol.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Sep 18, 2020

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Yesss

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Mork dark souls Simpsons please

p_e_z_z
Feb 27, 2020

Lizard Combatant posted:

Or just download the font, lol.

Yeah, as it says on Frinkiac, the font is called Ackbar.

Typing your text in white > Text to Path > Stroke Path with black on a new layer (that's under the text) in GIMP works great.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Jestery posted:

ok

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I have this irrational thing where I've downloaded the font but I continue to hack up Frinkiac stills simply because the size and spacing of a Frinkiac caption is more 'authentic'.

p_e_z_z
Feb 27, 2020

Does this count as a Dark Souls meme?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Out of a sense of closure here is said 3 warning signs a short distance from my house

/End tangent

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Jestery posted:

Out of a sense of closure here is said 3 warning signs a short distance from my house

/End tangent

Thank you brave goon for venturing out to a potential swoop zone to get us some on the scene photos. Your Pulitzer is in the mail.

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.

drat you, mobile posting!

Edit: You're good people Jose.

Doubtful Guest fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Sep 18, 2020

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i got you

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Doubtful Guest posted:

drat you, mobile posting!

lmfao

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Jestery posted:

Extremely low bar here but: That scene with Gwendeloyn, but the scene where Homer is looking at Midge's cleavage.

Alternatively, that scene but with the " Great Chest Ahead" sign that someone put down.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice