Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Yeah, like was said the game ropes you in first with the whole ‘SCP manager!’ premise but then it turns out they’re overall rather minor compared to the stories of the sephirot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
It's dealing with messed up poo poo trapped in boxes, either way.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Theantero posted:

It's dealing with messed up poo poo trapped in boxes, either way.

Hot take: A stands for Akane. [insert That's Zero Escape smiley here]

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

Quackles posted:

Hot take: A stands for Akane. [insert That's Zero Escape smiley here]

Well, back in day 7 Angela did allege that A's motives are complex. :v:

Mecha_Face
Dec 17, 2016

SITB posted:

Well, back in day 7 Angela did allege that A's motives are complex. :v:

And we keep going back in time to correct our own mistakes! Are we accessing the morphogenic field? :tinfoil:

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Mecha_Face posted:

And we keep going back in time to correct our own mistakes! Are we accessing the morphogenic field? :tinfoil:

At least one person here is!

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

I promise everything will be A-Ok by the end of this... maybe... I hope... oh well, time to rewind and do it all again.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
NO NO I READ IT ALL THE WHOLE THREAD NO WHAT DID I DOOOOOOOOOOO

NO NO NO NO NO. NO!

WHEN IS MORE? I NEVER THOUGHT THERE WOULDN'T NOT BE MORE?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Just caught up over 2 days. Keep up the great work!

TitanG
May 10, 2015

Araganzar posted:

NO NO NO NO NO. NO!

:same:
at least now I can actually do some work and not just read the lp at work all day
amazing work TeeQueue, if I get fired it's your fault

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

TitanG posted:

:same:
at least now I can actually do some work and not just read the lp at work all day
amazing work TeeQueue, if I get fired it's your fault

On the bright side, Lobotomy Corporation is always hiring! It's a shame they don't offer life insurance policies though.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

drat Malkuth’s got a pretty rough backstory and lot in life, I’m glad we could help her with her emotions.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.

Araganzar posted:

NO NO NO NO NO. NO!

Oof. I know that feeling.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Dirk the Average posted:

On the bright side, Lobotomy Corporation is always hiring! It's a shame they don't offer life insurance policies though.

Of course they do! Every employee gets a complimentary* life insurance policy when they start with clerk payouts being salary level and agents being their salary x agent level!

Beneficiary is automatically Lobotomy Corporation unless employee opts for another beneficiary by manifesting this desire by means of writing their preferred beneficiaries name on a slip of paper deposited into Blue Star

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Doobeedoo posted:

Oof. I know that feeling.

Ask me about my manager asking me about using the word "meltdown" 3 times in an email yesterday. "Is it really that serious?"

No Jerry, it's just a TETH anomaly....

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Considering how this place is run, I wouldn’t be surprised if no one got paid anything. You get enough food and sleep to remain useful to the company; and if you start asking about when your paycheck is coming in too much...
Well, complaining about such needless things as “income” is a proven sign of being a weak employee. You don’t want Malkuth to terminate your employment, right?
Thought so.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

the Orb of Zot posted:

Considering how this place is run, I wouldn’t be surprised if no one got paid anything. You get enough food and sleep to remain useful to the company; and if you start asking about when your paycheck is coming in too much...
Well, complaining about such needless things as “income” is a proven sign of being a weak employee. You don’t want Malkuth to terminate your employment, right?
Thought so.
To be fair, the job is considered good enough that I think the pay is actually probably fairly good. Given the implied situation of the world, though, what they consider fairly good and what we consider fairly good...

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

The tie in webcomic indicates that the pay actually is legitimately good even starting out.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

the Orb of Zot posted:

Thought so.

The Company's policy of paying employees every 2 weeks is saving TONS of money when it comes to clerks. Substantial savings when it comes to agents, too.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Artificer posted:

The tie in webcomic indicates that the pay actually is legitimately good even starting out.
I'm guessing the benefits of 'getting to live in a safe area of civilization' is also a draw, although the downside is you're not allowed to quit once you realize how insanely dangerous the work is. I reckon the clerks don't actually story-wise wipe as often as they do mechanically, but you really have to wonder how many they churn through.

warhammer651
Jul 21, 2012

Araganzar posted:

NO NO NO NO NO. NO!

When the thread's QC was zero, all work inflicted high amounts of White damage until the QC was increased

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Working for a wing is extremely prestigious and a big deal. Basically working for Lobotomy corp. is like working for facebook or amazon (although not nearly as morally ambiguous and soul crushing)

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

CHiRAL posted:

Working for a wing is extremely prestigious and a big deal. Basically working for Lobotomy corp. is like working for facebook or amazon (although not nearly as morally ambiguous and soul crushing)

Eh, I'd argue the soul crushing at Lobotomy corp just tends to happen all at once in a sudden and violent fashion.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Great pay and not having to live in whatever the occasionally alluded to Outskirts or Backstreet have in store for the inhabitants of this hellworld is a deal hard to pass up for many. True, in the tie-in webcomic it is stated that many of the other Wings are far safer than Lobotomy, but sometimes you've got to take what you can get.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Dirk the Average posted:

Eh, I'd argue the soul crushing at Lobotomy corp just tends to happen all at once in a sudden and violent fashion.

Well, sometimes it's more like soul sucking, mostly when Blue Star is involved.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Really have to wonder about the Wings that are less safe than Lobotomy Corporation.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The Lord of Hats posted:

Really have to wonder about the Wings that are less safe than Lobotomy Corporation.

At least here the abnormalities are usually in a cage?

Rinoka
Sep 15, 2012

Is this hope...?
...No! That's wrong!
I've now trailblazed this LP in three days and, as someone who recently beat LobCorp (after 300hrs of playtime - not even kidding) I just want to say I admire how well you're plotting this out. Extremely good characterization and VERY fun to read. :allears:

Can't wait to see you absolutely destroy some of the final meltdowns.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
By the way, how much of the webcomic can be read without spoiling anything beyond the point the LP is currently at?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Carpator Diei posted:

By the way, how much of the webcomic can be read without spoiling anything beyond the point the LP is currently at?

Pretty much all of it.

You might see brief glimpses of abnormalities that haven't appeared yet, but all the ones actually featured in comic storylines are original to the comic.
The comic doesn't (yet, at least) address any of the stuff about the sephirot, Angela or A. It's more about how the agents live their lives.
Even before now it mainly just spoiled the existence of a Disciplinary department, and some of the game mechanics.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
So I look at the prologue of the webcomic mentioned, and I can think about is 'well that's appropriate'. The departments greeting the new manager is entirely in line with what we'd expect.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
To add to the Wonderlab chat: the latest chapter is always behind a paywall and I'd say the writing is pretty rough (the characters won't shut up about their stats) until about chapter 16 which is where I got interested. It also slightly touches on the world outside of LobCorp.

Oh since it's on the same site DO NOT read Distortion Detective, it spoils LobCorp

And I said earlier ABSOLUTELY DO NOT look up anything related to Library of Ruina, it's LobCorp's sequel

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Sep 18, 2020

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Although for some reason the clerks in the webcomic are less suicidal. They don't try to fight breaching HE abnormalities with an ordinary 9mm and no agents backing them up, unlike our clerks here. Although the comic does spoil a few things related to disciplinary around chapter 16.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
I just realized this story update is taking longer than usual.
What the hell did you do Hod

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Endless resets?

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Knowing what that suppression is like? Could be a bit.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Does One Sin show up in the comic? I'm not reading that trash if skull buddy isn't in it.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

The comic takes place at an entirely separate LobCorp facility, and Onebro brooks no imposter.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

the Orb of Zot posted:

I just realized this story update is taking longer than usual.
What the hell did you do Hod

To be fair, I do nothing as far as making new posts goes during my weekends (Wednesday/Thursday) in order to keep from burning out, so I've only been working on it for one day.

The current update is like... 90% done, I just need to run find/replace on the icons and then do some proofreading. I did have to make something new, here's a preview:

:iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinoka
Sep 15, 2012

Is this hope...?
...No! That's wrong!

Tenebrais posted:

Pretty much all of it.

To be clearer about it without outright ruining either the comic or the game, you WILL see some canon Abnormalities that we haven't hit upon yet. They aren't really described, but some are named and shown without context, or associated with another abnormality due to plot. If you'd like to wait and see, it'll depend on if we get more Magical Girls, and if we get a few of the other F-type abnormalities. But that'll mostly depend on Tee. The comic's a good read if you don't mind a few 'oh, I've seen that design's later on. :ssh: