Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If you're talking Ultimate Spider-Man, its fine. I enjoyed it quite a bit but I know it was because it pushed a bunch of buttons for me. The fact Spider-Man is only part of a larger Marvel Heroes world was a big selling point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I'm bringing Ultimate Spiderman at home today (yea working from home) and the best way I can describe it is "toytastic"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Madkal posted:

I'm bringing Ultimate Spiderman at home today (yea working from home) and the best way I can describe it is "toytastic"

Do not disparage Spider-Buggy!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Ultimate Spider-Man sucked. The first season of the current cartoon was really good but I lost the time to keep up with it after that.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I find the current series incredibly boring and uninspired. And there's enough Slott stuff in it that I'm just put off by it in general honestly.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Doom Patrol was renewed for s3.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

muscles like this! posted:

Doom Patrol was renewed for s3.

I started watching it yesterday, clearly what HBO was waiting on.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

What about Harley Quinn though?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They haven't said one way or another.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Wouldn't want to overshadow everything else

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Vince MechMahon posted:

What about Harley Quinn though?

I was not prepared for how awesome that show is.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
WandaVision is barely in the montage here, but this seems to imply that it's now coming before FatWS. there were rumors that it had managed to wrap principal photography before everything went to poo poo, which obviously FatWS didn't, but I don't recall whether they were ever confirmed or debunked

https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1306280312347869184

WV seems more interesting anyway, so if we manage to get that by year's end and FatWS is delayed into 2021, I wouldn't mind too much (to be clear, this doesn't confirm WV for this year, it just says "coming soon" and "in the coming months," but it's possible)

EDIT: NM, confirmed for sometime between November 12 and January 1, I guess?

https://twitter.com/JacobDFilm/status/1306279224764964864

Barry Convex fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Sep 16, 2020

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It’s supposed to tie into Dt Strange 2 so I wonder if they’ll do a shuffle. I mean of course they will, but maybe a big one

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

WandaVision seemed dope, excited for it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Filming for TV shows has started back up although Falcon might have issues since they were filming in Romania.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
There was a tweet last week where someone caught some filming of falcon in Atlanta so unless that was old footage recycled for clicks they're back at it

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I was wondering how travel restrictions would affect stuff shot internationally. Like, what percentage of CW cast members live in Vancouver full time and what ones are stuck on this side of the border?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Skwirl posted:

I was wondering how travel restrictions would affect stuff shot internationally. Like, what percentage of CW cast members live in Vancouver full time and what ones are stuck on this side of the border?

Wasn't there some controversy recently with some Riverdale castmates being concerned they were being forced to go to Canada and quarantine for two weeks and then not allowed to leave the country until they had finished filming?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I thought it was the Czech Republic? Either way, site's right, they're filming in Atlanta at the moment.

https://twitter.com/AnthonyMackie/status/1305924972985057282

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Skwirl posted:

They can get back in if they work here, they just have to quarantine for 2 weeks.

The NHL was able to get a 5 day quarantine instead of 2 weeks approved, but that was a large, well organized machine with multiple dailies tests (that used private facilities to not stress the public health system) and a bubble they never left.

Klungar posted:

Wasn't there some controversy recently with some Riverdale castmates being concerned they were being forced to go to Canada and quarantine for two weeks and then not allowed to leave the country until they had finished filming?

Any restriction like that would be coming from the studio, probably because they don't want to have a 2 week delay every time someone travels.

They seem to all be American except for the guy who plays Archie and one Canadian actress, so the US can't keep them out and Canada certainly doesn't want to keep any Americans.

I looked it up and it seems they have to stay until Christmas. The production company has them in a production bubble. Lili Reinhart complained a bit about not being allowed to go home for Thanksgiving, or visit family or anything but someone must have given her a talk because she later apologized and said she's grateful to have a job.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Sep 16, 2020

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I had been hesitant to watch The Boys because of my general distaste for Ennis but on a friend's recommendation I watched the whole thing this weekend and drat what an entertaining show. The dude playing Homelander deserves an award of some kind. Is there an Emmy for "Best Menacing Psycho"?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Starr's great in that loving show, he really turns it up a notch in Season 2, as well, he's so good at playing the show's Homelander.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

There's not a lot of Ennis' ideas left in the show anyway.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

My Lovely Horse posted:

There's not a lot of Ennis' ideas left in the show anyway.

That's blatantly untrue, they just use the ideas in different (mostly better) ways.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Yeah the basic premise of (season 2 and comic spoilers) Stormfront being a flat out Nazi was over the top in the comic, but updating him to a her and making it a bit more subtle (for now) works so good. I'm also biased because I loving love Aya Cash.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

I did not expect this but I am absolutely down for it

https://twitter.com/krolljvar/status/1306688748302659584

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Yeah in retrospect, probably better to say not a lot of Ennis' specific tone or attitude left. Or not much of the stuff that generally grinds folks' gears.

I'm regularly unsure if that's a good or a bad thing and it depends very much on the series, issue, even page and character and sometimes down to individual panels

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Barry Convex posted:

Oh hell yes. Orphan Black is in my top 10 shows of the last 10-20 years and it's 100% because of her acting

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My Lovely Horse posted:

Yeah in retrospect, probably better to say not a lot of Ennis' specific tone or attitude left. Or not much of the stuff that generally grinds folks' gears.

I'm regularly unsure if that's a good or a bad thing and it depends very much on the series, issue, even page and character and sometimes down to individual panels

They removed a lot of the Ennis while keeping that same "Not your mama's superheroes!" energy.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Holy poo poo I know Disney doesn’t deserve rights, but their casting. Is just always so good.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Aphrodite posted:

They removed a lot of the Ennis while keeping that same "Not your mama's superheroes!" energy.

In particular Ennis' humor. Well "humor."

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dawgstar posted:

In particular Ennis' humor. Well "humor."

Wouldn't it be hosed up if the super baby just burst out of their mothers womb? That would be gnarly!

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Norwegian Rudo posted:

That's blatantly untrue, they just use the ideas in different (mostly better) ways.

All I know of the comic books is online buzz, mostly in the SA Boyz thread, and a wiki summary, but all of the changes so far seem completely awesome.

Watch The Boys, great acting, great story, and oh ow, this show is incredibly well-directed.

How Wonderful! posted:

People really want to hold onto their Aquaman gags.

Oh yeah,

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Most of Ennis' ideas in the boys were based around fitting racism, homophobia, ableism or something similar into the form of a joke

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Barry Convex posted:

WandaVision is barely in the montage here, but this seems to imply that it's now coming before FatWS. there were rumors that it had managed to wrap principal photography before everything went to poo poo, which obviously FatWS didn't, but I don't recall whether they were ever confirmed or debunked

https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1306280312347869184

Pretty funny that 20 percent of the clips is Eddie the Eagle, a tepid rear end movie that came out like last year no one bothered to see

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Some good news for the day. Harley s3. Didn't like the first few episodes, but it was fantastic for 90% of s1 and s2.

https://www.cbr.com/harley-quinn-se...AD3TixAW3s-cTbw

Also announced was DC Universe was shutting down officially and will now be DC Universe infinite and be a comic only service like Marvel Unlimited.

badjohny fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Sep 18, 2020

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

badjohny posted:

Some good news for the day. Harley s3. Didn't like the first few episodes, but it was fantastic for 90% of s1 and s2.

https://www.cbr.com/harley-quinn-se...AD3TixAW3s-cTbw

Also announced was DC Universe was shutting down officially and will now be DC Universe infinite and be a comic only service like Marvel Unlimited.

and this was already basically confirmed by Jim Lee a month or two ago, but now it's even more official: Titans S3 and Young Justice S4 will be exclusively available on HBO Max, in addition to the previously announced Doom Patrol S3 and the newly announced Harley Quinn S3

something like this was inevitable for a loooooooong time and I have no idea why they didn't get the phase-out plan together months ago - say, in time for HBO Max launch - but I guess it comes down to internal Warner politics and inertia due to DC Universe being a holdover from the pre-AT&T era

Barry Convex fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Sep 18, 2020

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I think the TV The Boys has done a good job of separating the good ideas from the grody, juvenile jokes and machismo in Ennis' book. I think it would be neat for them to try a take on Hughie's trans childhood friend-- she's a really rough caricature in the comic but I think there was something nice at the core of their dynamic that different writers could really draw out.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

How Wonderful! posted:

I think the TV The Boys has done a good job of separating the good ideas from the grody, juvenile jokes and machismo in Ennis' book. I think it would be neat for them to try a take on Hughie's trans childhood friend-- she's a really rough caricature in the comic but I think there was something nice at the core of their dynamic that different writers could really draw out.

https://twitter.com/Sarcastic_tweep/status/1306751833638019072?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Barry Convex posted:

She's a great actress and I really enjoyed her work on Orphan Black. To bad the overarching story of that show really went up its own rear end. I rarely just stop watching shows, but that one was just tedious at some point.
Allison becoming a crime mom and Donnie being a blundering wreck of a person was fun, though.

Maslany can also do some good voicework. I watched "3 Below" and she's great as a impatient berserker princess, which is a bit of the energy needed for She-Hulk.

I know that Netflix used the character up and spit her out, but I kinda want to see Hellcat being her bestie. Just ignore that whole mess ever happened.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Sep 18, 2020