Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Benne posted:

Also Dave is consistently more generous to WWE than many of his biggest critics

He's way more generous to WWE than Alvarez.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Pylons posted:

He's way more generous to WWE than Alvarez.

Anyone who actually listens to WOR would notice this within 10 minutes of any Raw recap. Bryan loses his mind over some terrible segment, Dave shrugs and says it was fine, Bryan loses his mind again, this time at Dave, and Dave explains that okay yes it made no sense and was terrible but this is exactly what he expects from WWE by their standards it was in fact fine.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/ZaQ5322/status/1306690397607882753

Im sure AEWis hurting not have those 200k booms advertisers dont care about every week lol

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Real Suiter is real dumb

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"Actually, WWE forcing comparisons of AEW to its weakest property and creating a steady year long winning narrative is good for WWE because otherwise AEW would have been compared to the shows that have higher ratings."

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
that's not blood it's victory wine

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

WWE has literally every advantage and it is just one humiliation after another with them

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Pylons posted:

To be fair, there's plenty of stuff he watches but doesn't rate because less people care about it. I think CMLL is an example.

The other Japan section of the Observer is always riddled with weird errors and “well I heard this was good” which suggests that he doesn’t watch a whole lot of that stuff - I suspect if he was watching anything other than occasional Miyahara matches he’d comment on it a lot more

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Im sure AEWis hurting not have those 200k booms advertisers dont care about every week lol

Sounds like OGJOHNNY5 has a deep and thorough understanding of A/B testing

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ringo Roadagain posted:

This is actually true because AEW doing weekly million plus viewers with their demos being that much closer to Raw (or beating it in 18-34) would make WWE look less valuable to networks in the long run. Their deals aren't up for years and won't even go into negotiations for nearly 3 years, but it won't help them to have AEW looking like a cheaper alternative which is more popular with younger viewers!

It would also lead to a lot of stock holder questions if the other show is doing 1.1 million viewers per week while Raw is doing 1.6 and the demos are close.

It's incredible that the Anti Crack Account and Real Suiter's brains are so broken that they think it is good that WWE is putting TV on just to cling to their monopoly and proving how unpopular their former hot, young, cool brand was.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Do people actually see a meaningful difference between 935,000 and 1 million when most of that difference is 50+, anyway?

Is this like how poo poo costs 5.99 instead of 6.00?

Fad
Nov 13, 2002

I dont care.
Why are you buying poo poo?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

fadmonkey posted:

helps crop grow

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

fadmonkey posted:

at those prices? you'd be a fool not to!

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Excuse me, is this where the bitches are found?

JOHN CENA posted:

helps crop grow

It's what plants crave!

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/USTitleWWE/status/1307430067879006208?s=20

I know the Greater Than meme is low hanging fruit, but when was the last time the WWE US title meant anything? 2003?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Serious answer: 2015, John Cena’s open challenge

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

extradite THIS! posted:

Serious answer: 2015, John Cena’s open challenge

Then Del Rio kicked him in the head and they had the racist manager say "he's one of the good Mexicans" or whatever that gimmick was supposed to be.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://twitter.com/USTitleWWE/status/1307737074062286848

I like the cut of the US title's gib

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/sohosultry/status/1308217615471566848

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/WrestlingInc/status/1309665115495596033

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me

They should be forced to explain why some people don't like Matt Riddle.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
I don't normally post anything like this, but don't know where else to ask this but I figured someone here might have an idea, so...put it in the thread about stupid poo poo:

One weird insult I've heard thrown out at/about me a bunch of times is something to the effect of "Bix just gets his stories from Reddit." I use Reddit so little that whatever the intent is, it's still made-up bullshit. Hell, even when I used Reddit more, I didn't use it often, and when I used it more regularly, it generally wasn't for wrestling stuff as much as some of the hyper-targeted communities like /r/vinyl, subreddits for specific smartphones, etc. But even if we just ignored that it's made-up bullshit...I don't have any earthly idea what it's supposed to mean? Even if we drop out the stuff with original reporting and go with the more opinion/analysis-focused stuff I did at Deadspin a good bit of the time, just to try to make sense out of it...I still don't know what that means? That they think I saw a headline on Reddit and used it for inspiration? That there was a comment thread (aggregated in a text post?) that...investigated something, I guess? I just can't wrap my head around what it can even mean, which makes it even stupider.

Most troll bullshit is just annoying for me at this point. This is just confusing.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
fight island once again buried

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FIGHT ISLAND is the TNA of internet wrestling communities. We were a big deal 15 years ago and now it's a surprise that we're still even going.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gonna start the counter story that Satin gets his scoops from the GameFAQs PWB.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

The wrestlehut will never get its due as the behemoth of online wrestling that it is.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

davidbix posted:

Bix words

I think it's because you do more investigative style reports, especially on whatever the current wrestling words controversy is or whatever people are talking about. So to a hostile idiot that just becomes "oh look, Bix is just bitching about the same thing reddit is."

And way to bury the IWC champs

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

davidbix posted:

That they think I saw a headline on Reddit and used it for inspiration?.

That’s it. SC does this thing where they attribute general IWC stuff with just SC. It’s not really worth caring about.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1309918204744015873
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1309965525242359808

I can't believe Big Daddy stans still exist. How many of these people were even alive during his career?

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Gumball Gumption posted:

I think it's because you do more investigative style reports, especially on whatever the current wrestling words controversy is or whatever people are talking about. So to a hostile idiot that just becomes "oh look, Bix is just bitching about the same thing reddit is."

And way to bury the IWC champs

Web Jew.0 posted:

That’s it. SC does this thing where they attribute general IWC stuff with just SC. It’s not really worth caring about.
OK, thank you both, that's about along the lines of what I figured, even if it's incredibly dumb and makes no sense.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

davidbix posted:

I don't normally post anything like this, but don't know where else to ask this but I figured someone here might have an idea, so...put it in the thread about stupid poo poo:

One weird insult I've heard thrown out at/about me a bunch of times is something to the effect of "Bix just gets his stories from Reddit." I use Reddit so little that whatever the intent is, it's still made-up bullshit. Hell, even when I used Reddit more, I didn't use it often, and when I used it more regularly, it generally wasn't for wrestling stuff as much as some of the hyper-targeted communities like /r/vinyl, subreddits for specific smartphones, etc. But even if we just ignored that it's made-up bullshit...I don't have any earthly idea what it's supposed to mean? Even if we drop out the stuff with original reporting and go with the more opinion/analysis-focused stuff I did at Deadspin a good bit of the time, just to try to make sense out of it...I still don't know what that means? That they think I saw a headline on Reddit and used it for inspiration? That there was a comment thread (aggregated in a text post?) that...investigated something, I guess? I just can't wrap my head around what it can even mean, which makes it even stupider.

Most troll bullshit is just annoying for me at this point. This is just confusing.

Disgusting reddit lies. Everyone knows you just get your stories from me!

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

MassRafTer posted:

Disgusting reddit lies. Everyone knows you just get your stories from me!
This is true-ish.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The creator of the lovely NJPW rap is dumb

https://twitter.com/LeJonEnsman/status/1310339987506737153?s=19

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Smart enough to delete that tweet at least

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
What did it say

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

After exclusively getting QT dunks

Only registered members can see post attachments!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

After exclusively getting QT dunks

That rap is extremely rotten. This take is less rotten and more just wildly surreal

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
"Will Ospreay being a gaslighting rear end in a top hat is actually great heel work" sure is a take

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Benne posted:

"Will Ospreay being a gaslighting rear end in a top hat is actually great heel work" sure is a take

I also like how he bakes in the assumption that NJPW's main audience and the targets of Gedo's booking are internet smarks and not, you know, the legions of Japanese fans who almost certainly have zero idea of who Pollyanna even is. It's like some kinda weird neo-orientalism except about grapsmen doing the fake fights.