Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

How to ruin improve game sessions & family ties with one simple question.

-Would this be better if I used poison?
I'm mixed on the whole panth subject. His ult can actually land but his voice lines are poo poo and I can see his face in his skins. No thank you! Flash Q is fun

e: Speaking on the dead horse that is rework champs I think they should at the very least have a dedicated skin where they only say the most memorable lines of champs that were reworked. For example, Commando Sion; line: "Get to da choppa" or even Pre Senna Lucian "S-Senna!". eh? :homebrew: :homebrew:

Waterfall Watcher fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Sep 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

rabidsquid posted:

ahem. reworking pantheon was like cancelling the venture brothers, in this post i shall compare

this is incredibly rude, just don't mention skarner too, they've mangled so much of what I love, help

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbNL9ZyB49c

song bad oh well

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

That is a video that was made before T1 failed to qualify.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
when are they going to rework Teemo to give him a skillshot? tired of this low skill no counterplay toxic hidden power antifun bs.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/SalehaMohsin/status/1306689649671311360

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Reality Protester posted:

when are they going to rework Teemo to give him a skillshot? tired of this low skill no counterplay toxic hidden power antifun bs.

Also, ADCs! They just have to rightclick on you to do damage for free. Auto attacks should all be skillshots

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Also, ADCs! They just have to rightclick on you to do damage for free. Auto attacks should all be skillshots

i thought this was why everyone hated playing with ezreal

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

How to ruin improve game sessions & family ties with one simple question.

-Would this be better if I used poison?
Make all ranged auto attacks like twitch ult projectiles, basically skillshots. will never hit anything without any attack speed

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I just won a fifty-six minute game where I got filled into Twitch and it was the most stressful thing I've experienced in six months

went from halfway up Bronze 4 to Bronze 2, though, so I guess it was worth it

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Servaetes posted:

this is incredibly rude, just don't mention skarner too, they've mangled so much of what I love, help

Yeah, Skarner’s rework is an actual issue, the stuff with Pantheon is more a matter of taste I feel but Skarner straight up needs a revert on his rework at some point.

I also wouldn’t mind a revert of Ryze at some point to the version where his ult was a buff that made everything aoe and have spell life’s real. But Ryze probably is going to get a rework after the item changes when he inevitably breaks something, again.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Doing my ~yearly pop-in to this thread to yell about how Skarner was the best champion in the game pre-rework and that his dumpstering is the greatest tragedy in the history of League other than Doublelift's whole terrible family situation

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Dreading the day that they rework rammus for the crime of having a point and click stun.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

The fix to Skarner is sending him back to his kind.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

Dreading the day that they rework rammus for the crime of having a point and click stun.

It's a taunt, not a stun, but I would be totally down for this if they make it so that you have to aim his taunt somehow and give it bigger range/duration.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

ready for the executive order declaring DotA 2 the one true American MOBA

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Mikujin posted:

He. Is. Ancient. We are nothing more than insects to him.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Mikujin posted:

I, also, would like them to bring back Dominion.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Umbreon posted:

It's a taunt, not a stun, but I would be totally down for this if they make it so that you have to aim his taunt somehow and give it bigger range/duration.

It being a taunt just means they take a buttload of damage from your shell while they are stunned.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

It being a taunt just means they take a buttload of damage from your shell while they are stunned.

The most critical part of a taunt is the fact that you can pull your target with you into a better position for you, especially if they are melee. Pulling a melee champ from under their turret range for example, or simply just pulling someone back after you gank them to make it so they have to run further to get back to safety and give your laner more time to attack them

Umbreon fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Sep 18, 2020

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Oh, all that too, but to me the most important thing is the ability to make Master Yis delete they own self.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

SirSamVimes posted:

Oh, all that too, but to me the most important thing is the ability to make Master Yis delete they own self.

It's hilarious watching Rammus players try this after they've been red smited while I have Red buff and E up. "Ooops, all True Damage!"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

SirSamVimes posted:

When I said Riot seems to want to rework every old character no matter if it's necessary or not he popped into my head.

I had no idea they reworked Skarner. drat that new passive is stupid as gently caress.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Old Skarner and new Skarner are both cool in different ways but they should've been two entirely different champions. Riot's kind of chasing the flashy Yasuo types over just having basic champions now so I won't be shocked at the Lux rework where hitting a Q on an enemy marks them, and hitting them a second time roots them but the cooldown depends on whether or not you hit a champion or not

I'm not a fan of the direction where most abilities have 5 lines of text to explain what they do in conditional circumstances, there's already like 150 champions so I'd like more basic-rear end kits like the earlier game had

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

I'm not a fan of the direction where most abilities have 5 lines of text to explain what they do in conditional circumstances, there's already like 150 champions so I'd like more basic-rear end kits like the earlier game had

They've generally been focusing more on simplistic kits in the modern era, both to combat complexity creep and to avoid running out of ways they can mix-and-match mechanics cleverly. Most champs nowadays have a single core "hook" with a relatively simple kit built around that: Kai'Sa can dive into the backline and onto isolated targets; Sylas can steal other champions' ults; Neeko can disguise herself as an allied champion; Yuumi can sit on allies like a turret; Yone can snap back to his body; etc. Aphelios and reworked Akali are the only big champion releases in the last two years whose kits are genuinely difficult to condense down into a couple of sentences.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Vermain posted:

They've generally been focusing more on simplistic kits in the modern era, both to combat complexity creep and to avoid running out of ways they can mix-and-match mechanics cleverly. Most champs nowadays have a single core "hook" with a relatively simple kit built around that: Kai'Sa can dive into the backline and onto isolated targets; Sylas can steal other champions' ults; Neeko can disguise herself as an allied champion; Yuumi can sit on allies like a turret; Yone can snap back to his body; etc. Aphelios and reworked Akali are the only big champion releases in the last two years whose kits are genuinely difficult to condense down into a couple of sentences.
You just listed a bunch of examples of kits that are not simple or easy to use on your first experience though

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

You just listed a bunch of examples of kits that are not simple or easy to use on your first experience though

I don't think there's anything especially confusing or difficult to parse about any of their kits. I played Yone for my very first time in a OFA game and understood the basics of how to pilot him within about 5 minutes.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Lillia is definitely the most "simple" kit they've released in a while.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The Morde rework is a great example of a well-made straightforward kit.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I’m personally a fan of the Pantheon rework, though I’m a support main and play him in Support. You do have to weave in more aa’s in order to maximise his damage potential, but I feel like they did well in making a playstyle that typifies bloodthirsty diving into the enemy and wreaking havoc.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
I think I had the dumbest inter the other day. We were in ARAM, and he was pissed that our team comp was too AP heavy (in ARAM, where we can't pick our own champs). So he inted and did not use skills the entire game.

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!
ARAM is great for that though because your whole team and the enemy team usually ends up soundly mocking them. Since all fights happen in front of everyone any time we have someone complain about our team someone on the other side will say "they can't stop you from walking in like a moron" and then we all have a good time.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

one thing i am starting to pick up(which is helping me a lot) is that you need to take this set carefully and consider what chosens are available and what they can do for you, as your chosen pretty much dictates the strategies available for you. shades, cultists, sharpshooters, warlords, moonlight, elderwood, brawlers... most of the best comps to play are ones that require your chosen to be on deck.

this means fast 8 is the way to go. however, there are many comps that do not require your chosen, and these are my favourite to play because i like to hyper roll. they see me rolling... they hating. patrolling and trying to catch me riding dirty. trying to catch me riding dirty. trying to catch me riding dirty. trying to catch me riding dirty. trying to catch me riding dirty.

my music so loud; Im swanging,

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The thinking on Chosen units is one I'm still trying to gather, it feels to me right now that finding your Chosen early is basically required, as selling them later on is a huge risk since you might not find another one that fits the comp you have.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Is there a reason why Twitch's ult was changed to be an AD buff instead of AS, way back when? I feel like an AS buff would feel a lot more satisfying and mesh better with his kit, but I guess it'd maybe be too strong?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

If I was to guess I'd say it's giving the ult more of a chance to have an impact before he inevitably gets jumped on by the mid lane assassin and blown up.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

njsykora posted:

The thinking on Chosen units is one I'm still trying to gather, it feels to me right now that finding your Chosen early is basically required, as selling them later on is a huge risk since you might not find another one that fits the comp you have.

I usually get the first one I see that isn't awful and build an early game comp until level 5, when you can start getting 3 cost chosen units. Sell my chosen and reroll until I see a comp that a) doesn't have 3 people going for it and b) isn't terrible.

Makes for some interesting comps. Got 3rd with 6 cultist and 3 shade today.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

pog boyfriend posted:

one thing i am starting to pick up(which is helping me a lot) is that you need to take this set carefully and consider what chosens are available and what they can do for you, as your chosen pretty much dictates the strategies available for you. shades, cultists, sharpshooters, warlords, moonlight, elderwood, brawlers... most of the best comps to play are ones that require your chosen to be on deck.

this means fast 8 is the way to go. however, there are many comps that do not require your chosen, and these are my favourite to play because i like to hyper roll. they see me rolling... they hating. patrolling and trying to catch me riding dirty. trying to catch me riding dirty. trying to catch me riding dirty. trying to catch me riding dirty. trying to catch me riding dirty.

my music so loud; Im swanging,

I got all the way to diamond 2 99 lp before failying down to d4/plat1 at the end of set 3 and it made me so mad I didn't play 3.5. Mayhaps is time to play again

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Monicro posted:

Old Pantheon Sucked rear end

drat missed this but it's worse than any of my posts. Well done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Vermain posted:

Aphelios and reworked Akali are the only big champion releases in the last two years whose kits are genuinely difficult to condense down into a couple of sentences.