Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

To his credit he's got a chamber flag in the action in the subway pic, so it's unloaded and safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Open carrying with a chamber flag is somehow even dumber than open carrying in condition 1

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Foxrunsecurity posted:

Hahaha it's a dolled up 10/22, can't even pull off being an open carry nutcase right. At least he's safe from rabid squirrels and rogue soda cans.

At least it's a Real Gun:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

What a loving dildo

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Open carrying with a chamber flag is somehow even dumber than open carrying in condition 1
I don't trust open carry morons to be able to use their gun effectively even if a situation that theoretically warrants it should arise, so carrying it safe at least means less risk of negligently shooting someone.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

There's some moron down in Key West who is using the fishing loophole to open carry an AR or something similar, and everyone is pissed and nothing the cops can do about it. Hoping he's a tourist and fucks off sooner or later, or just falls in and gets mauled by a jetski.

stevewm
May 10, 2005
I kinda like his videos.. So I am just going to pretend I never saw this thread and remain ignorant.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Oh totally. I think it’s dumb but that’s his life to live; content is still going to watched by me. It’s a dolled up varmint/plinking rifle with a stupid pseudo banana clip. Not worth an excommunication, but definitely a “aw common man, what are you doing?”.

Warbird has a new favorite as of 17:12 on Sep 17, 2020

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

He's protesting that open carrying pistols was illegal while long guns weren't. It ain't exactly a cause or method I support, but its not like a thing he does regularly. He's still a chronically armed dweeb, but I feel that if he was an unabashed chud it would come out, unless he's way better than the next person at managing his online image.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Some Goon posted:

He's protesting that open carrying pistols was illegal while long guns weren't. It ain't exactly a cause or method I support, but its not like a thing he does regularly. He's still a chronically armed dweeb, but I feel that if he was an unabashed chud it would come out, unless he's way better than the next person at managing his online image.

It's funny how you can see the direct line of someone being a weak minded loser and them eventually moving to open carry to compensate. It's cosplay for bland white dweebs.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

This seems more relevant to the thread than subway sandwiches do
https://techadequiz.com/

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Warbird posted:

Oh totally. I think it’s dumb but that’s his life to live; content is still going to watched by me.

To be fair to the guy: it's not like he's a closet nazi or similar and his stupid hobby isn't part of his videos so it shouldn't affect your enjoyment of the videos.

And let's be honest, we all thought he was a dweeb anyway, so I haven't shattered any illusions here...

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10
theres only one reason i dont watch linus and its that loving earring

also 8bitguy lost me back when he proudly built his awful desk

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Somewhat related to the nice people of YouTube, I had to laugh the other day when I was watching an Ashens video from 9 years ago where he was making predictions about the future and said 'in 2018 nobody would care about Twitter anymore, and by 2020 even Graham Linehan will have stopped using it'. Well, he was spot on with the 2nd part of that, albeit for the wrong reason.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ashens with Wish.com isn't the same. With Pound Land it was like he was coming back from a hunt, proudly displaying the tat for our amusement.

Warbird posted:

Technology Connections’s only sin are the unforgivable puns.

My good man, his archaic mannerisms and jokes is what makes TC, TC. If I am not throwing a tomato at least once per video he has done something very wrong. I lust for superior toast to this day.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Unfortunately they were collectable before he came along and now in addition to the airstream fetishists you've got a bunch of nerds with a hankering for some toast after it too.

Like me. The toaster I bought from target always smells like hot plastic so I don't use it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

oohhboy posted:

Ashens with Wish.com isn't the same. With Pound Land it was like he was coming back from a hunt, proudly displaying the tat for our amusement.

Yeah, the wish vids aren't particularly interesting at all. A shame, but understandable given the circs.

I miss the Loot Crate videos, even if he didn't have the vitriol for the drat things as much as I do. Just the idea of people paying actual money for those boxes of utter tat just brought joy to me for some reason. I did see a YouTube person the other day (PattonPlays perhaps?) who obviously forgot to tell the video game subscription service he signed up for that he was a YT Personality, so he got a regular box of utter poo poo rather than the sweetened ones they send out knowing they're going online.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Loot boxes baffle me. Who the gently caress is paying good money (they ain't exactly cheap) for a box containing some coasters, a keyring, swag from a movie that flopped 12 years ago, and a Superman t-shirt that's very careful not to use the "S" logo or the word "Superman"

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Sweevo posted:

Loot boxes baffle me. Who the gently caress is paying good money (they ain't exactly cheap) for a box containing some coasters, a keyring, swag from a movie that flopped 12 years ago, and a Superman t-shirt that's very careful not to use the "S" logo or the word "Superman"

People with too much money buying a gift for someone else

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I think the original idea was that it'd be clearance stuff going for way below the original asking price but I guess they figured out you could make more money just selling literal figurative poo poo.

I mean like you had a 39,95€ retail price Halo doll that was "exclusive" to something and then after that thing has ended you still have 40 000 of them sitting in a warehouse, someone buys them off you for say 5€ a piece (still leaving you with a profit) and then packages them with other stuff and sells them off in blind boxes. But then the box people realize Alibaba exists and you can buy coasters, socks, t-shirts, and dolls form there on the real cheap.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Stumbled across this ad today, it owns so much.

https://i.imgur.com/ONL4G8Q.mp4
Sound on

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

Sound on

Haha good game I'm just going to atomize your rear end now :)

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Those lying sacks of poo poo, the game boy screen never looked like that

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

It never gave me force lightning powers for winning Tetris either.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Sounds like you got ripped off, I definitely got the lightning powers, but the screen still looked like somebody spilled pea soup behind a sun visor

Anonymouse Mook
Jul 12, 2006

Showing Vettel the way since 1979

Cartoon Man posted:

Sound on

Did this kid go on to be captain of RED SQUAD in DS9? It could be the picture quality, but he looks familiar.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Sweevo posted:

it seemed like a better idea when they were first pitched, iirc it was more like "so we get volume discounts, have some cool stuff" originally but then it quickly became a "we are literally sending you 4 stickers and a t-shirt for juicero but the youtube reviewers get cool poo poo" situation

though I can see the foreign snacks ones being cool as a one-off purchase

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

blatman posted:

it seemed like a better idea when they were first pitched, iirc it was more like "so we get volume discounts, have some cool stuff" originally but then it quickly became a "we are literally sending you 4 stickers and a t-shirt for juicero but the youtube reviewers get cool poo poo" situation

though I can see the foreign snacks ones being cool as a one-off purchase

My wife got me a couple months of the ramen one and it's fun.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Some friends sent me a couple months of a Japanese candy box one time and it was pretty neat.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019
I was ready to write off 8-bit Guy based on what people were saying, but if carrying a chambered flagged 10/22 is getting twisted into open carrying an AR I'm prepared to go back to just not caring what he does as long as he keeps it out of his videos.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Yeah I have subscribed to a couple of different food boxes (Japanese and German, as you do) and I do not regret either one, though I only recommend trying it out with some kind of discount so you get the least ripped-off possible

I even learned that yuzu is the best citrus fruit in the world and it is a damned shame that it is so uncommon outside Japan

Hmm, how is this a tech relic ... the technology of buying a "[something] of the month club" is pretty relic-y I suppose

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dip Viscous posted:

I was ready to write off 8-bit Guy based on what people were saying, but if carrying a chambered flagged 10/22 is getting twisted into open carrying an AR I'm prepared to go back to just not caring what he does as long as he keeps it out of his videos.

pulled back from the brink of being Extremely Online

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Slimy Hog posted:

I can get 26/45 but some of the images they are using are way too obtuse. Some of them are also bad or wrong colors, like the C64 should be more tan than gray.

Edit: 27/45 - I got Univac just now. Now 28/45 - got the Dreamcast.

Edit again: Spoilering

CaptainSarcastic has a new favorite as of 04:26 on Sep 18, 2020

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Spoiler alert!

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I can get 26/45 but some of the images they are using are way too obtuse. Some of them are also bad or wrong colors, like the C64 should be more tan than gray.

:smuggo:

Arguably 36* - I knew the brick phone and even who made it, but it wouldn't take it until I looked up the specific model name and typed that in.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Slimy Hog posted:

Hit 38, then got up to 42 with some googling.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Edit again: Spoilering

Some of the choices are just weird, and one's actually wrong. The brick phone Motorola Dynatac drawing it uses is one of the prototype that was made in 1973, but the model name it uses is the commercially released model from 1983 which looked different and had a screen + more keys. I'm also not sure how the Casio desk calculator is super notable, or the Sensorama. They just seem kind of like weird footnotes?

It's also an annoyingly Apple-centric list. iPod, iMac, Apple I, Macintosh, even the Xerox Alto entry only cares about it insomuch as inspiring the Apple Lisa and Macintosh... Not an Android device in sight despite the first T-Mobile G1 dropping twelve years ago, and the only 'fun fact' it could muster for the goddamn IBM PC is "The IBM PC's launch initiated the creation of PC magazine".

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

ishikabibble posted:

Hit 38, then got up to 42 with some googling.

Some of the choices are just weird, and one's actually wrong. The brick phone Motorola Dynatac drawing it uses is one of the prototype that was made in 1973, but the model name it uses is the commercially released model from 1983 which looked different and had a screen + more keys. I'm also not sure how the Casio desk calculator is super notable, or the Sensorama. They just seem kind of like weird footnotes?

It's also an annoyingly Apple-centric list. iPod, iMac, Apple I, Macintosh, even the Xerox Alto entry only cares about it insomuch as inspiring the Apple Lisa and Macintosh... Not an Android device in sight despite the first T-Mobile G1 dropping twelve years ago, and the only 'fun fact' it could muster for the goddamn IBM PC is "The IBM PC's launch initiated the creation of PC magazine".

Ugh, yeah, that bias is really clear. The picture for the Apple I was one of the awful ones I couldn't figure out what it was trying to represent. I'm up to 34/45 at this point. I figured out one of the ones with a terrible picture was a transistor.

Edit: Up to 39/45 now but holy poo poo some of these are annoying. Now 40. These fuckers are also Nintendo-happy.

Edit: Up to 43/45. I hate these people.

Okay, if anybody can tell me what these are then I can stop being angry:

CaptainSarcastic has a new favorite as of 06:28 on Sep 18, 2020

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

I recognized this one from The Imitation Game, but had to look up the name.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Mr. Fix It posted:

I recognized this one from The Imitation Game, but had to look up the name.

Thank you - that makes 44/45.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Magnavox Odyssey

Also ugh the sensorama, I guessed futurama and then couldn't think of anything else.