Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

dreamed I was playing Tony Hawk and I had just unlocked Room 104, a new DLC level as some kind of HBO tie-in. as soon as the level started, the angry murderer rockstar guy from this season came out and snapped Tony's skateboard in half, so all he could do was just kind of walk around the room and jump on the beds. The "conformity" song from the hosed up foam party episode came on, and it made the gap noise when Tony jumped from one bed to the other and said "90s Foam Gap." the foam started pouring out from under the bed and it got all over the angry rock star guy, and he turned into another Tony Hawk. Tony looked at himself and said "Hey, you kind of look like Tony Hawk, haha" and the second Tony just started crying. I got very upset for some reason and turned off the game and ran to my bathroom to make sure I didn't suddenly have Tony Hawk's face. when I looked in the mirror, it was Edward Norton from Fight Club instead, and the mirror Norton said "when you have insomnia, everything is a copy of a copy of a copy" and he did a big, bloody smile. I realized the conformity song was still playing and foam was pouring out of my bathtub and my sink. I realized that Edward Norton and Tony Hawk had actually been the same person this entire time. he started laughing while the foam covered my legs, and I could feel a skateboard getting welded to my feet. Tony/Ed said "slide" as I screamed myself awake.

anyway, I don't recommend reading the entire Fight Club novel when you've been awake for 36 hours or watching Room 104 just before going to bed.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

My skateboard dream was that I was skateboarding in my childhood neighborhood when the Joker grabbed me by my jacket collar, called me a little bitch and then stabbed me.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

My skateboard dream was that I was skateboarding in my childhood neighborhood when the Joker grabbed me by my jacket collar, called me a little bitch and then stabbed me.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

dreamed I was playing Tony Hawk and I had just unlocked Room 104, a new DLC level as some kind of HBO tie-in. as soon as the level started, the angry murderer rockstar guy from this season came out and snapped Tony's skateboard in half, so all he could do was just kind of walk around the room and jump on the beds. The "conformity" song from the hosed up foam party episode came on, and it made the gap noise when Tony jumped from one bed to the other and said "90s Foam Gap." the foam started pouring out from under the bed and it got all over the angry rock star guy, and he turned into another Tony Hawk. Tony looked at himself and said "Hey, you kind of look like Tony Hawk, haha" and the second Tony just started crying. I got very upset for some reason and turned off the game and ran to my bathroom to make sure I didn't suddenly have Tony Hawk's face. when I looked in the mirror, it was Edward Norton from Fight Club instead, and the mirror Norton said "when you have insomnia, everything is a copy of a copy of a copy" and he did a big, bloody smile. I realized the conformity song was still playing and foam was pouring out of my bathtub and my sink. I realized that Edward Norton and Tony Hawk had actually been the same person this entire time. he started laughing while the foam covered my legs, and I could feel a skateboard getting welded to my feet. Tony/Ed said "slide" as I screamed myself awake.

anyway, I don't recommend reading the entire Fight Club novel when you've been awake for 36 hours or watching Room 104 just before going to bed.

lolled at the second sentence and just kept going

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

"slide"

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

he just doesn't seem to put the effort into his plans like he used to

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
90s Foam Gap

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i tried to describe my nightmare to my wife today and she told me I was never allowed to talk to her about Room 104 again.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Dreamed I was playing the Hanger level, except Tony Hawk was wearing roller skates instead of using a skateboard. I couldn't do flip tricks anymore, and doing grab tricks really clearly used the same animation with the skateboard model deleted.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Arrhythmia posted:

Dreamed I was playing the Hanger level, except Tony Hawk was wearing roller skates instead of using a skateboard. I couldn't do flip tricks anymore, and doing grab tricks really clearly used the same animation with the skateboard model deleted.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1_VNmSkU1g

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Lol, except, they weren't inline skates.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

I loved this game

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The first 5 minutes of that video is pure 00s energy.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Tony Hawk bellowing to another, crying Tony Hawk: mr president, we must not allow a 90s foam gap

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

American McGay posted:

The first 5 minutes of that video is pure 00s energy.

Lol I skimmed through it but went back to watch. The EXTREME “AKA Acclaim” is so perfect

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i'm going to skip most of this dream because it was looooooong and only a small bit of it was relevant to video games. i woke up twice and went back to the same dream.

some important things: there was some kind of time dilation happening that made me and my brothers younger; i no longer had a wife and kids. i was vaguely aware of this, but there was nothing i could do about it. my brothers, similarly, had their families erased. my entire family had been invited to senator elizabeth warren's house (and she apparently lived two hours away from us) so my mother could receive an award for teaching. in the dream, senator warren had two kids, a teenage boy, whose name i had forgotten (which will become relevant), and a daughter in her early 20s, elizabeth jr, who went by molly for some reason. i could fly, which i thought was pretty cool, but nobody seemed to react to very heavily. at the beginning of the dream there was a lot of time jumping, because of the dilation, some arguments about elizabeth warren's grilled cheese and her apple/peach tree, a long sequence in an almost empty restaurant where my brothers and i kept accidentally annoying a waitress, an embarrassing discussion about bathing suits, skinnydipping with elizabeth jr./molly. the dream skipped the sex, but i was aware that molly and i had slept together, and she wanted to move to boston and be my girlfriend. she asked to meet me in their finished basement to talk.

well, i went to the finished basement door and a secret service stopped me. he had mostly sort of been a butler to the family so far, so i only then became aware he was actually secret service. "i hear that you've been fraternizing with online terrorists," he said. "sir, are there stairs in your house?"

i told him to go back to GBS, and suddenly his whole demeanor changed and he laughed. "yes, that's an imp zone poster, alright. my apologies, sir. we had to make sure you weren't a CSPAM regular. follow me, please." we went down the basement where the son looked at me with awe, somehow really impressed that i was "one of the imps." the secret service guy winked. "would you like to play the FULL final fantasy 7 remake, sir?" the son talked to me like i was his older brother that he'd just discovered. "check it out," he said. "the senate gets every game, because they have machines that help with being unstuck in time." i had a hard time talking to him, because i'd forgotten his name and i didn't want him to find out. "how about it?" he said. "do you want to see breath of the wild 2?" he started up a file and named it "THAD," so finally i knew his name. "mister thad still has koroks to find, sir," the secret service guy said. "he thinks your the gentleman to help."

just then molly came charging down the stairs and told me that i had to stop hanging with her smelly little brother and come back to her room, and i betrayed all gamerkind by going upstairs to have sex with her again instead of playing breath of the wild 2, since i'd missed the first time because of the time jumps. we never ended up doing it anyway, because of a weird comedy of errors where i had to fly out the window naked to avoid being seen by her mother. but it turns out they had to hide my flight, which was a side-effect of the time dilation that the US Government didn't want to get out, so at the end of the first dream, i was paid tens of thousands of dollars just to sit around in a big apartment, smoking weed, playing video games that hadn't released for anybody else, and having sex with molly, whom warren wanted "kept busy."

in the second dream, it turned out that elizabeth warren herself was behind all of the time dilation and that i had to try to kill her and break the machine she'd created that made two alternate earths so that i could rescue my wife and kids, but molly wanted me to stay and betrayed everyone, so at the end of the third dream, senator elizabeth warren shot me in the head, but there were no video games in the follow-up dreams, just a bunch of me flying around and learning weird things about time dilation.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

Bicyclops posted:

i'm going to skip most of this dream because it was looooooong and only a small bit of it was relevant to video games. i woke up twice and went back to the same dream.

some important things: there was some kind of time dilation happening that made me and my brothers younger; i no longer had a wife and kids. i was vaguely aware of this, but there was nothing i could do about it. my brothers, similarly, had their families erased. my entire family had been invited to senator elizabeth warren's house (and she apparently lived two hours away from us) so my mother could receive an award for teaching. in the dream, senator warren had two kids, a teenage boy, whose name i had forgotten (which will become relevant), and a daughter in her early 20s, elizabeth jr, who went by molly for some reason. i could fly, which i thought was pretty cool, but nobody seemed to react to very heavily. at the beginning of the dream there was a lot of time jumping, because of the dilation, some arguments about elizabeth warren's grilled cheese and her apple/peach tree, a long sequence in an almost empty restaurant where my brothers and i kept accidentally annoying a waitress, an embarrassing discussion about bathing suits, skinnydipping with elizabeth jr./molly. the dream skipped the sex, but i was aware that molly and i had slept together, and she wanted to move to boston and be my girlfriend. she asked to meet me in their finished basement to talk.

well, i went to the finished basement door and a secret service stopped me. he had mostly sort of been a butler to the family so far, so i only then became aware he was actually secret service. "i hear that you've been fraternizing with online terrorists," he said. "sir, are there stairs in your house?"

i told him to go back to GBS, and suddenly his whole demeanor changed and he laughed. "yes, that's an imp zone poster, alright. my apologies, sir. we had to make sure you weren't a CSPAM regular. follow me, please." we went down the basement where the son looked at me with awe, somehow really impressed that i was "one of the imps." the secret service guy winked. "would you like to play the FULL final fantasy 7 remake, sir?" the son talked to me like i was his older brother that he'd just discovered. "check it out," he said. "the senate gets every game, because they have machines that help with being unstuck in time." i had a hard time talking to him, because i'd forgotten his name and i didn't want him to find out. "how about it?" he said. "do you want to see breath of the wild 2?" he started up a file and named it "THAD," so finally i knew his name. "mister thad still has koroks to find, sir," the secret service guy said. "he thinks your the gentleman to help."

just then molly came charging down the stairs and told me that i had to stop hanging with her smelly little brother and come back to her room, and i betrayed all gamerkind by going upstairs to have sex with her again instead of playing breath of the wild 2, since i'd missed the first time because of the time jumps. we never ended up doing it anyway, because of a weird comedy of errors where i had to fly out the window naked to avoid being seen by her mother. but it turns out they had to hide my flight, which was a side-effect of the time dilation that the US Government didn't want to get out, so at the end of the first dream, i was paid tens of thousands of dollars just to sit around in a big apartment, smoking weed, playing video games that hadn't released for anybody else, and having sex with molly, whom warren wanted "kept busy."

in the second dream, it turned out that elizabeth warren herself was behind all of the time dilation and that i had to try to kill her and break the machine she'd created that made two alternate earths so that i could rescue my wife and kids, but molly wanted me to stay and betrayed everyone, so at the end of the third dream, senator elizabeth warren shot me in the head, but there were no video games in the follow-up dreams, just a bunch of me flying around and learning weird things about time dilation.

holy poo poo

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
awesome, thanks for sharing these

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I dreamed that the Wizardry games had deliberately mispelled Medusa as a joke and that everyone had been unknowingly mispronouncing and mispelling it because of them, and that it was originally spelled Meduce. I said thst was a pretty artless joke to make to which ArfJason responded "not as artless as your posts lmfao"

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

I dreamed that the Wizardry games had deliberately mispelled Medusa as a joke and that everyone had been unknowingly mispronouncing and mispelling it because of them, and that it was originally spelled Meduce. I said thst was a pretty artless joke to make to which ArfJason responded "not as artless as your posts lmfao"

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

lmao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

GorfZaplen posted:

Lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I dreamed I was out at a pub I liked in the before times with my new roommates who were vaguely based on people I knew in school, but Italian. I was talking to a saucy babe and got a massive erection so I ran away around the side of the building to hide until it went down, and when I turned around my roommates were there and were looming threateningly. One of them grabbed me and said "ey, what's with all the gay poo poo in our house now, buddy? You said it was a gay house or sumfin?"

I knew immediately what they meant and was like "no, I said it was a gay FRIENDLY house, it's not my fault that Kirby moved in" and we looked up to see Kirby riding down the stairs on a mattress making what I identified as "gay noises". My roommates started grabbing and punching me while I protested that he just moved in by himself when I invited him as a joke and I couldn't kick him out. Desperately, I shouted to some of the crowd "help, these guys are killing me for doing irony lol"

All of a sudden it was like Gamemasterantony's birthday and a huge crowd of fictional characters were charging at us and starting a huge fight/riot. I tried to grab Kiryu and appeal to his sense of justice and standing up for the downtrodden, but all of a sudden the famous wrestler "Mustache Steve" grabbed me and hollered something incomprehensible. I started sobbing and said it was all Kirby's fault and I had a sore hand so I couldn't be gay, and Dr Nick from the Simpsons grabbed me and went "hiiii! We'll fix that for you!!!!" and started sensually rubbing my shoulders. He got increasingly rough in doing so and then I woke up and my girlfriend was punching me in the arm because I was mumbling and screaming about Kirby and Italians.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I dreamed I was out at a pub I liked in the before times with my new roommates who were vaguely based on people I knew in school, but Italian. I was talking to a saucy babe and got a massive erection so I ran away around the side of the building to hide until it went down, and when I turned around my roommates were there and were looming threateningly. One of them grabbed me and said "ey, what's with all the gay poo poo in our house now, buddy? You said it was a gay house or sumfin?"

I knew immediately what they meant and was like "no, I said it was a gay FRIENDLY house, it's not my fault that Kirby moved in" and we looked up to see Kirby riding down the stairs on a mattress making what I identified as "gay noises". My roommates started grabbing and punching me while I protested that he just moved in by himself when I invited him as a joke and I couldn't kick him out. Desperately, I shouted to some of the crowd "help, these guys are killing me for doing irony lol"

All of a sudden it was like Gamemasterantony's birthday and a huge crowd of fictional characters were charging at us and starting a huge fight/riot. I tried to grab Kiryu and appeal to his sense of justice and standing up for the downtrodden, but all of a sudden the famous wrestler "Mustache Steve" grabbed me and hollered something incomprehensible. I started sobbing and said it was all Kirby's fault and I had a sore hand so I couldn't be gay, and Dr Nick from the Simpsons grabbed me and went "hiiii! We'll fix that for you!!!!" and started sensually rubbing my shoulders. He got increasingly rough in doing so and then I woke up and my girlfriend was punching me in the arm because I was mumbling and screaming about Kirby and Italians.

Lmao

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

italian attack me

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Jenny Agutter posted:

italian attack me

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Jenny Agutter posted:

italian attack me

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Jenny Agutter posted:

italian attack me

Lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Jenny Agutter posted:

italian attack me

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
A long time ago, I dreamt that the box for Myst 4 bragged that it had "over 24 endings!" which I thought was really cool until I played the game and found out that 20 of them were "ah, you fell off of this one rickety pipe bridge and died".

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arrhythmia posted:

A long time ago, I dreamt that the box for Myst 4 bragged that it had "over 24 endings!" which I thought was really cool until I played the game and found out that 20 of them were "ah, you fell off of this one rickety pipe bridge and died".

That describes Nier Automata exactly

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pablo Nergigante posted:

That describes Nier Automata exactly

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i had a dream last night that this strange japanese man showed up and told, me in japanese (which i don't speak, but could understand in the dream), that there was a "brick loose in the universe," and that the way it goes back in place is me, personally getting all 120 stars in super mario 64. all the bad stuff that was happening, COVID, etc., was because i hadn't been doing my cosmic duty. i couldn't shake the feeling when i woke up, so i got the last two stars today and actually cried with relief. i've never been so happy to finish a mario game in my life.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

i had a dream last night that this strange japanese man showed up and told, me in japanese (which i don't speak, but could understand in the dream), that there was a "brick loose in the universe," and that the way it goes back in place is me, personally getting all 120 stars in super mario 64. all the bad stuff that was happening, COVID, etc., was because i hadn't been doing my cosmic duty. i couldn't shake the feeling when i woke up, so i got the last two stars today and actually cried with relief. i've never been so happy to finish a mario game in my life.

thank you for your service

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

yoshi is back on the roof. he really meant it this time when he said it had been so long since the last adventure. it's okay, everyone, 2020 is over now.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Fungah! posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Fungah! posted: