Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aws/cart/add.html?ASIN.1=B08HVV2P4Z&Quantity.1=1

Amazon ZOTAC, might be a preorder for the 30th. Also doesn't seem to run very good with the fan stop profile according to https://www.techpowerup.com/review/zotac-geforce-rtx-3080-trinity/31.html. I'm taking the risk I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

drat. Zotac is like the one card I don’t care for but I also want a loving card.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rubellavator posted:

Amazon ZOTAC, might be a preorder for the 30th. Also doesn't seem to run very good with the fan stop profile according to https://www.techpowerup.com/review/zotac-geforce-rtx-3080-trinity/31.html. I'm taking the risk I guess.

As someone who doesn’t give a poo poo about noise what’s the drawback tho this?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Rubellavator posted:

Preorder placed, thanks for the heads up!

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Rubellavator posted:

Weird, tried switching item codes for other 3080s. Some work while others (FTW3 for example) do not. Guessing those don't exist in the backend system with dates yet

Edit: Nvm the ASUS card no longer shows preorder through this method

jisforjosh fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Sep 18, 2020

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

jisforjosh posted:

Weird, tried switching item codes for other 3080s. Some work while others (FTW3 for example) do not. Guessing those don't exist in the backend system with dates yet

Here's a link somebody pasted in the NVIDIA discord that seems to have all the cards on it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aws/cart/...custrec_signin&

Numinous
May 20, 2001

College Slice

Rubellavator posted:

Here's a link somebody pasted in the NVIDIA discord that seems to have all the cards on it.

If you hit this link right now you can purchase the Zotac for release on the 30th amazon is saying.

Go Go Go!

(I can't do it, it wont fit in my case :( )

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/crysis-remastered-suffers-from-single-threaded-cpu-issues-just-like-the-original-game/

crysis remastered is still primarily based on dx11, using API interop to call into vulkan only for the raytracing parts, so it still bottlenecks hard on a single thread lol

i'm sure those 10ghz netbursts will come along and fix it any day now

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004

Cabbages and Kings posted:

EDIT: JESUS THEY SOLD OUT AS I WAS WRITING THIS :allears:

For anyone willing to wait a month who doesn't want to play F5 roulette, Dell has the PNY OC'd card, people on an Nvidia discord claim to have talked to them and they are very sure on their ship dates, which right now are around 10/20.

Downside: MSRP on this card was either 750 or 799 yesterday and they're charging 850.

I put an order in, 0% financing for 12 months, figure I'll cancel if mass availability happens before then.

Also, I specifically wanted this PNY card exactly because of it's gaudy RGB and relatively low dB, so that was a factor.

fans ramp mine up :( Klonopin tamps it down. But glad to know I'm not the only tinnitus GPU person here, even if I wish you didn't have it either.

Dell card is (was?) $900 now but I purchased anyway. I will either cancel or do a price match by the time the stupid thing ships.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

repiv posted:

https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/crysis-remastered-suffers-from-single-threaded-cpu-issues-just-like-the-original-game/

crysis remastered is still primarily based on dx11, using API interop to call into vulkan only for the raytracing parts, so it still bottlenecks hard on a single thread lol

i'm sure those 10ghz netbursts will come along and fix it any day now

Is it still optimized for 3GPUs even though it has no idea how to deal with a multi core CPU?

republic
Aug 15, 2004

FUN FOR THE FUN GOD
FRIENDS FOR THE FRIENDSHIP THRONE

Placed an order for the Zotac card. Just got the NowInStock notification via Telegram. Not my first board partner choice but I'm going to give it a shot. No delivery date just yet but hopefully we'll know more soon. :toot:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

republic posted:

Placed an order for the Zotac card. Just got the NowInStock notification via Telegram. Not my first board partner choice but I'm going to give it a shot. No delivery date just yet but hopefully we'll know more soon. :toot:

Is this english?

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

https://twitter.com/ParallaxStella/status/1306992150719021056?s=20

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Romes128 posted:

As someone who doesn’t give a poo poo about noise what’s the drawback tho this?

Based on that TechPowerUp review, it actually has a comparatively low noise profile while gaming. The problem seems to be the idle temps, because it will stop the fan when idle, but I don't see why you couldn't just run a custom fan curve to deal with it if you don't mind the noise.

Rubellavator fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Sep 18, 2020

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

I'd say close enough, bring it on!

although tbh I'm not sure what all the hype is about, is just because of the Witcher? Maybe this will suck but everyone seeems to be buying $700 cards to play it

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

mobby_6kl posted:

although tbh I'm not sure what all the hype is about, is just because of the Witcher? Maybe this will suck but everyone seeems to be buying $700 cards to play it

People really like the witcher.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Bonobos posted:

Dell card is (was?) $900 now but I purchased anyway. I will either cancel or do a price match by the time the stupid thing ships.

I heard they were honoring price match yesterday and stopped, so we'll see.

If I pay an extra $150 on a stupid opulent decadent thing, oh no, I have to sell one more magic card to finance it, woe is me. I put like 90 mins into F5 roulette yesterday and I am just done

that said if you have luck with price match please PM me!!

I also put in an Amazon ZOTAC order (I've had a Zotac 1080GTX for 4 years and nary a problem), but, when I saw the date go from "9/30" to "we'll email you and notify you when this ships", I cancelled.

I'd rather have the PNY anyway, moar RGBz

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

Combination of people loving The Witcher series and the graphical fidelity it's pushing while still being an open world.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I saw a tweet yesterday saying something like 'msi hosed up and somehow confirmed a 20gb 3080 and a 16gb 3070'. So clearly they're not announcing them until after they've sold all of their 3080's and 3070's. probably (?) not selling those ti/supers any time soon but who knows!

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Those 2077 recommended specs are way more lenient than I was expecting

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I also put in an Amazon ZOTAC order (I've had a Zotac 1080GTX for 4 years and nary a problem), but, when I saw the date go from "9/30" to "we'll email you and notify you when this ships", I cancelled.

I'm probably going to cancel it if I get any chance at a better card, but it says both of those things in different places.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Its going to run on a PS4. I'm sure you'll be able to push some RTX settings up there, but it'll run and look really good on medium-level hardware for sure.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

There’s probably a “Ray Tracing” set of specs too that are significantly higher.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

jisforjosh posted:

Combination of people loving The Witcher series and the graphical fidelity it's pushing while still being an open world.

Also the Cyberpunk setting is a pretty cool deviation from their usual fantasy stuff and it would be cool if they brought their Witcher 3 level of polish to that genre. The hype became a meme in itself as well and there's a lot of ironic hype stirring up peoples actual hype.

Personally I think those who are super hyped up about it should maybe calm down a li'l because they are heading for unrealistic expectations and disappointment there.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

redreader posted:

I saw a tweet yesterday saying something like 'msi hosed up and somehow confirmed a 20gb 3080 and a 16gb 3070'. So clearly they're not announcing them until after they've sold all of their 3080's and 3070's. probably (?) not selling those ti/supers any time soon but who knows!

They are probably planned to be a response to big Navi.

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011

Rubellavator posted:

A slightly better link (with all the 14 cards listed here) is https://www.amazon.com/gp/aws/cart/...dd.x=53&add.y=9. It includes three more EVGA models and one MSI one.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Same, looks like my Hades Canyon can run the thing (sub-optomally, but reasonably) for as long as it actually takes to get my hands on a 3080.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

We have been saying FOR MONTHS that 2077 was not going to need a brick shithouse of a computer because they still need it to run on a PS4

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

We have been saying FOR MONTHS that 2077 was not going to need a brick shithouse of a computer because they still need it to run on a PS4

I think they were saying that even recommended (not minimum) wasn't too high. I'm sure some people were expecting a 2060S for recommended.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Is there a handy list or chart that compares the FE & AIB's that shows the power draw from each one? I'm trying to avoid switching out my 650 watt PSU (2 year old Seasonic Gold) while not having to drop down my 4.9ghz OC on my 8600K if possible. I don't care about OC on the GPU but with limited availability, I'd like to have an idea of which cards are on the lower range of power demand in case I have to make a quick decision.

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004

I heard they were honoring price match yesterday and stopped, so we'll see.

If I pay an extra $150 on a stupid opulent decadent thing, oh no, I have to sell one more magic card to finance it, woe is me. I put like 90 mins into F5 roulette yesterday and I am just done

that said if you have luck with price match please PM me!!

Oh I’ll fight them on a price match for sure, I’ll let you know if I get lucky.

Is PNY a good brand? I always saw them as lovely cards sold in BEST buy.

DarkestLite
Feb 27, 2007

"Can we fix it?"
"No, it's fucked."

Inept posted:

I think they were saying that even recommended (not minimum) wasn't too high. I'm sure some people were expecting a 2060S for recommended.

Yeah exactly this. I’m on the strikeout for a 3080 train and honestly didn’t think my 1070 would meet recommended recs. I knew I’d be fine for minimum.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

AirRaid you live in the UK yes? Perhaps I can drive up to your house and touch it. The GPU that is.

Yes but I will be charging :20bux: per touch.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

gently caress

Realized my psu is 650w, guess I'm getting an 850 :shepface:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

victrix posted:

gently caress

650 is demonstrably fine.

Every Benchmark that has done power testing has shown a total max draw under 560W in every scenario.

And that's using high end CPUs and other parts to test with.

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Sep 18, 2020

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

victrix posted:

gently caress

Mine is 750, wont that be enough?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Cactus posted:

Mine is 750, wont that be enough?

YES.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Well mine is a 520W bronze rated Seasonic so I am in the market for a new one :)

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009
If your power supply is very old (7+ years) you may wanna change it anyway. But 750W should suffice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Mine is 1300 W, will that be enough?