Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
eh

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Sep 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I just don't see the appeal of hate listening. I interpreted NPC's warning a little differently--if anything I feel they're more likely to do the thing they want to do than they were before.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
On The Besties today they’re talking about the Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2 remake and they got this guy named Miles Luna in for Russ today and if this guy wants to stand in permanently that’d be ok.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Shinjobi posted:

I just don't see the appeal of hate listening. I interpreted NPC's warning a little differently--if anything I feel they're more likely to do the thing they want to do than they were before.

I didn't listen to it because Im not. I am commenting on what people are posting.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Yeah I gotta say trying to piece together what’s been happening in Graduation based on this thread while having not listened to any of it has been an adventure

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I stopped listening to it after Travis had his twitter meltdown and told everyone he wasn't going to change and if you don't like it don't listen. I have no regrets

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I tapped out of Graduation a while ago so I relistened to Balance instead. I was surprised at how much my opinions of the arcs switched around from my first listen. Rockport and 11th hour were still the golden standard for me, but I was surprised how much I didn’t enjoy Stolen Century or even the finale as much. It seemed very overwrought and dragged a lot. I also found myself really enjoying Suffering Game a lot more.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

VaultAggie posted:

I tapped out of Graduation a while ago so I relistened to Balance instead. I was surprised at how much my opinions of the arcs switched around from my first listen. Rockport and 11th hour were still the golden standard for me, but I was surprised how much I didn’t enjoy Stolen Century or even the finale as much. It seemed very overwrought and dragged a lot. I also found myself really enjoying Suffering Game a lot more.

I'd be interested in going back and listening to Suffering Game again because I really disliked it the first go around and have usually just skipped it on subsequent listens. Rockport is the absolute high point of the entire podcast.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

VaultAggie posted:

Rockport and eleventh hour are both great, but I honestly never liked stolen century. I ended up mostly skipping my way through it the first time too as I just didn't really care.

I remember the final arc being pretty good aside from the weird taco part, but I was heavily jet lagged listening to it on a business trip so who knows

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I quit listening to TAZ permanently during Stolen Century. So boring and no actual gameplay whatsoever, just Griffin's weird dice thing.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I stopped during Crystal Kingdom, I can't imagine how bad Stolen Century must have been

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Stolen Century was nice when it was supposed to be, like, a 2 episode transitional story between the last 2 arcs. Then it went on long enough to be its own arc. I still really love Clint's decision to have Merle stay behind on one of the planets to comfort the inhabitants, but that's about all I remember.

e: can't imagine anyone who dropped it as far back as Crystal Kingdom would've liked anything they've done since, except for maybe 11th Hour.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I binged most of Balance pretty soon after it had ended when I had two weeks where I was driving all day for work. It wasn't til late in Amnesty that I started skipping episodes and I finally gave up entirely and unsubscribed when I realized episode 12 or something of Graduation was out and I had only listened up to 4 or 5.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

stolen century had the baseball coach scene so it was worth it

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Why the gently caress do people post in this thread to just talk about how much they hate the shows

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Thanks for gatekeeping the McElroy podcasting thread, I’ll be sure to only post positive things about the McElroy podcasting empire in the McElroy podcast thread

Ok maybe that’s a bit rude but the point stands, as long as you’re not derailing or making GBS threads up the thread why can’t you discuss any opinion if it’s on topic

Do it ironically fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Sep 18, 2020

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

You're right, we only allow posts making GBS threads on the podcasts here with no actual criticism other than "I hate it". Also what do you think gatekeeping is?

I didn't have a problem with any of Balance, but I did only listen after it was all over so there was no waiting 2 weeks for the next episode for me.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I think they probably thought of the name first because Mountain Dew isn’t sour enough for a margarita. I’ve made tiki drinks with baja blast syrup and you can usually substitute it 1:1 for any drink that calls for simple syrup.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

kidcoelacanth posted:

stolen century had the baseball coach scene so it was worth it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_QzOGRcr0c

Easily one of the best Travis bits of all time, though sadly this animatic is missing Clint McElroy, Planeswalker as well at the bit where Magnus tells the kids that they're going on a "field trip" and need to bring their parents, pets, and any identifying papers.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I'll keep saying that Travis is the best at improv. Without him to keep things going, the vast majority of favorite MBMBAM and even TAZ goofs would never have existed.

And I can sympathize with people who are tired of the Graduation hate taking up the thread. It reminds me of the Webcomic Mock Threads where every time Goblins got brought up, the only discussion you would see was eighteen pages of DnD nerds bitching about how the author ran his campaigns. Sometimes you want to talk about the good stuff, but every two weeks, you gotta go through the same poo poo of hearing people complain about the same problems. The problem is that it's the one fiction thing they do, and it sucks so hard.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

https://mobile.twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1307157901157511168

who is the target audience for this?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Who cares

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

The target audience is the vocal cohort of leftists who have decided to just not vote because Biden sucks, and are instead hoping the winds of social change finally blow thanks to the recent protests and riots. It's intended to reach those people and hopefully convert them from protest non-voters to "fine but I'll complain about it the whole time" Biden voters.

Your answer was better.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I too have faith in electoralism, now more than ever 🤡

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Haha I'm in the UK where we already handed our inbred fascist manchild half a decade of untrammelled power like 10 months ago suck it Justin.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

inferis posted:

who is the target audience for this?

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Somberbrero posted:

Please tell me you're not equating "please loving vote" less than 2 months away from the election from someone in a red state to "electoral politics are the only thing that matters and we don't need to do anything else"

If so, don't sign your posts

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

The solution is to vote and ALSO do everything else, the problem is thinking a vote solves everything. Justin ain't wrong.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

of all the bad mcelroy brothers takes, i do not think "please vote against donald trump" is very high on the list

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I will never vote.
I wish I were in a swing state so I could not vote even harder

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

jesus christ

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I will never vote.
I wish I were in a swing state so I could not vote even harder

Well, I think you should. You, and all your kin.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

eke out posted:

of all the bad mcelroy brothers takes, i do not think "please vote against donald trump" is very high on the list

That's not what Justin said. He said vote for Biden. There are more than two parties.

Technically.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

That's not what Justin said. He said vote for Biden. There are more than two parties.

Technically.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
oh god thread, pull up

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Given the choice of vote or die we know what this thread is choosing.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Pleads posted:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That's why he was so specific, yes.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

*cough* I think dogs should be able to vote

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Blast off into cybersex Joe Biden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it