Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
dont even get me started on stupid hidden poo poo like her q hitting buildings and applying on hit effects or how visually messy the champion is. probably one of the all time worst champion designs, visually, made in the past 5 years. senna's like a champ with five akali shrouds for every button and passive in her kit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

How to ruin improve game sessions & family ties with one simple question.

-Would this be better if I used poison?

Senna gets malphite like movement speed whenever she lands an auto AND gets bonus AD? Excuse me sir but what the actual gently caress?
Though reading that she only gets 20% of her total attack speed and her crits are pretty poo poo still these things are weird to see. She already gets movement benefits from wraith form no need for her taking Malphites Q.
It's always interesting reading the wiki it's like opening up a gossip magazine and seeing Yone's shield is 100% AD like it's crazy.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Vermain posted:

I don't think there's anything especially confusing or difficult to parse about any of their kits. I played Yone for my very first time in a OFA game and understood the basics of how to pilot him within about 5 minutes.

yeah im gonna agree with this, kaisa is actually possibly the simplest kit out of literally all of the adcs. the most "complex" part about her actual kit which has a visible indicator for you to figure out anyway is how allies can mark enemies with CC for you to ult to.

people made kaisa out to be really complex but every single one of her skill evolves is "skill better now" and you don't even need to understand her passive to use it. if anything is complex about the evolves it's that the itemization for her is counter intuitive to her role and adcs usually have no such thing as a build path typically.

as the resident zero brain empty head player trust me, kaisa has a really intuitive kit.

Minrad posted:

dont even get me started on stupid hidden poo poo like her q hitting buildings and applying on hit effects or how visually messy the champion is. probably one of the all time worst champion designs, visually, made in the past 5 years. senna's like a champ with five akali shrouds for every button and passive in her kit

i think sennas kit is pretty straight forward, and i don't think her Q being able to hit towers is all that much different than checking if various empowered melee abilities hit towers or not, but they probably should tell you it can. nothing in her kit is that complex, all of the buttons are very straightforward. the only thing i'd say is really hard to parse is the mist aspect of her passive which before specifically looking it up all i could tell you is "more damage sometimes."

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Sep 19, 2020

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

rabidsquid posted:

yeah im gonna agree with this, kaisa is actually possibly the simplest kit out of literally all of the adcs. the most "complex" part about her actual kit which has a visible indicator for you to figure out anyway is how allies can mark enemies with CC for you to ult to.

people made kaisa out to be really complex but every single one of her skill evolves is "skill better now" and you don't even need to understand her passive to use it. if anything is complex about the evolves it's that the itemization for her is counter intuitive to her role and adcs usually have no such thing as a build path typically.

as the resident zero brain empty head player trust me, kaisa has a really intuitive kit.

To further this point in response to the senna post from last page, like yeah you can copy paste the ability description whose job is by definition to be as comprehensive as possible, but the elevator pitch for senna passive is "ghosts drop from enemies that make you stronger", which is not only perfectly intuitive but a mechanic seen in multiple other champs. Compare with one of the champions Vermain mentioned whose elevator pitch is like "he has 5 different guns that he cycles between automatically based on ammo, and you can use two at a time but only sorta" and his point becomes pretty clearly accurate imo

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Monicro posted:

but the elevator pitch for senna passive is "ghosts drop from enemies that make you stronger", which is not only perfectly intuitive but a mechanic seen in multiple other champs.

yeah but in actual practice that's not how the champion works because of weird fuckery with her autoattacks speeding up and slowing down and doing bonus effects and having extra frames and animations added. it's like saying "akali is easy you just land the nuke and then fly towards them to proc it, basically the same as pre rework"

try playing senna in an actual match and be prepared to get mad at how they managed to make a champion that should just be right click enemies as unintuitive as possible

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

I used a senna auto literally once and never had any confusion about how it worked again, not sure what to tell you :shrug:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Monicro posted:

I used a senna auto literally once and never had any confusion about how it worked again, not sure what to tell you :shrug:

The Pantheon post puts you at a severe disadvantage here.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

it was correct because old pantheon is loving bad as hell and im glad its dead

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Monicro posted:

yeah thats the problem, you have to auto twice to actually trigger the passive

Extra Tasty
Aug 5, 2014

idk saying senna’s auto attack is as complex as the mental gymnastics you need to go thru to understand akali’s gameplay cycle isn’t really much of a comparison to me, especially because her actual abilities are remarkably simple and transparent about what they do for all intents and purposes

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I used to like playing mid but I haven't in probably close to two years 'cause I just can't stand playing against akali, my brain has no idea what to do against her and/or there's literally nothing I can do

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Ban her out, bing bong simple. Yuumi will never appear in any game I play for the same reason

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
but if I ban Akali how will I ban Yasuo

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

New league feature: Ban ninjas button in champion select.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Invalid Validation posted:

New league feature: Ban ninjas button in champion select.

But Yasuo is a samurai

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Why'd they remake Akali? I remember her being a pain in the rear end back when I used to play on the reg.

SirSamVimes posted:

But Yasuo is a samurai

Shinobi.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yasuo is very multi talented. He’s a spirit blossom tree, a video game boss, a cowboy, and a pop star among other things.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Groovelord Neato posted:

Why'd they remake Akali? I remember her being a pain in the rear end back when I used to play on the reg.

Shinobi.

They remade Akali because she was a pain in the arse who could not be allowed to be strong without being oppressive in lane. However unlike Pantheon Akali’s rework was an absolute loving nightmare of design that has had nearly half of it ripped out and she’s still brutally strong.

But also they made her real muscular on the new character art with a giant tattoo and she eats ramen so people really like the updated visuals, and technically her new gameplay is way less ball of stats she just needs to take a few damage nerfs, which frankly is more a problem with the entire game.

For the record her rework originally had true invisibility that worked under towers.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
What the gently caress do i do to get this 'Riot Process Already Running' message to go away so i can play this game

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

AverySpecialfriend posted:

I got all the way to diamond 2 99 lp before failying down to d4/plat1 at the end of set 3 and it made me so mad I didn't play 3.5. Mayhaps is time to play again

(as canadianly as humanly possible) oh ya, for loving sure there bud

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Lord_Magmar posted:

They remade Akali because she was a pain in the arse who could not be allowed to be strong without being oppressive in lane. However unlike Pantheon Akali’s rework was an absolute loving nightmare of design that has had nearly half of it ripped out and she’s still brutally strong.

But also they made her real muscular on the new character art with a giant tattoo and she eats ramen so people really like the updated visuals, and technically her new gameplay is way less ball of stats she just needs to take a few damage nerfs, which frankly is more a problem with the entire game.

For the record her rework originally had true invisibility that worked under towers.

New Akali is a really fun hero imo, her kit is difficult to balance but flying at someone from a screen and a half away with E will never not be funny.

Also I got the k/da skin from a shard and it rules, she has the best k/da design.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

SirSamVimes posted:

New Akali is a really fun hero imo, her kit is difficult to balance but flying at someone from a screen and a half away with E will never not be funny.

Also I got the k/da skin from a shard and it rules, she has the best k/da design.

Oh absolutely new Akali is great, just her original rework kit was so absurdly busted that she’s lost half of it’s various effects and is still a really good complete champion.

The K/DA skin is better than it was when first made too, it didn’t do the black light neon originally.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

playing rammus against a full AD team feels unfair.

edit: Not only does he have a knock-up and a point and click CC, his damage also scales heftily with armour which seems a little bit absurd.

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Sep 19, 2020

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

"You solo killed Yone"

terrifying

Polderjoch
Jun 27, 2019

May the sacred flame guide me... Or something like that.
I've generally liked League's reworks based on the champs I've touched at least; Swain and Voli went from champs I didn't like to play at all to two of my favourites and most of the others I generally like playing against more. The only changes I'm not really a fan of are Asol's recent one, and Taliyah having no aoe on Q or movespeed on worked ground even if pretty much everything else about her became better.

And the utter gutting of Tahm Kench.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Bleck posted:

"You solo killed Yone"

terrifying

the power of one small rolly boi

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Lord_Magmar posted:

That's pretty loving funny.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

That's pretty loving funny.

the funniest part is how riot refused to change that feature and would fight tooth and nail against it, claiming it was an essential part of her kit, and then one day quietly walked it back on that like nothing happened

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Groovelord Neato posted:

drat missed this but it's worse than any of my posts. Well done.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Thanks leauge amazing rewards

(unless both those rewards are actually the missing-image icon in which case lol that would rule)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lmao

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Polderjoch posted:

I've generally liked League's reworks based on the champs I've touched at least; Swain and Voli went from champs I didn't like to play at all to two of my favourites and most of the others I generally like playing against more. The only changes I'm not really a fan of are Asol's recent one, and Taliyah having no aoe on Q or movespeed on worked ground even if pretty much everything else about her became better.

And the utter gutting of Tahm Kench.

i think the asol and the taliyah changes are sort of funny because of how many assassins can still just shove the wave and roam with absolutely no downside whatsoever but at the same time asol was absolutely done for when there was a level 1 roam in a pro game and the champ also didn't miss a single minion for it.

the gutting of tahm kench is because they don't want him to be a top laner

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Idgi

Vino
Aug 11, 2010
I'm still trying to figure out which champ has belt bras?

Edit: lol I was ctrl-F's for "belt bra" and it never came up. Thanks

Vino fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Sep 20, 2020

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Vino posted:

I'm still trying to figure out which champ has belt bras?

thats because you didnt read the op

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
What's happened in jungle recently to decimate the queues so badly?
I hadn't played in a while and the client keeps trying to stick me into jungle far more aggressively than before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Mega Comrade posted:

What's happened in jungle recently to decimate the queues so badly?
I hadn't played in a while and the client keeps trying to stick me into jungle far more aggressively than before.

I don't know, but man every game I've played lately has had the enemy jungler getting gigafed and running away with the entire game so it seems like at least they were having fun