Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
crying inconsolably after finding out a fictional character is ashamed of me

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

communism (or more accurately marxism) hides itself perfectly in the liberalism of university campuses, and it's pretty easy to fall into it. We understand the liberal core values to be: liberty, equality, rights, and consent. But marxists believe that these values, by themselves, are insufficient because they leave out a central tenet of marxist ideology: the belief that people, when left to their own devices, will invariably form groups and classes, and that inevitably these groups and classes will oppress or exploit one another.

It's a very attractive idea. Virtually in every society there have been those who have been or have reason to believe that they have been oppressed or exploited. In essence, every struggle is susceptible to a marxist interpretation. What does that mean? Well, in a system of constant oppression, one is hardly unjustified in responding to such oppression with outrage and violence. And that's what marxism promises - constant oppression. It is therefore not surprising that those who are troubled by such apparent or perceived oppression frequently find themselves at home among marxists.

This idea is not a liberal principle, though marxists do a good job of making it seem like it is. In the end, students are the ones who are most susceptible to falling into this idea because: 1. They're young and idealistic; 2. They most likely have liberal values; 3. Universities unwittingly propagate this idea by encouraging a "you against the world" mentality amongst its students, though I doubt this was the intended outcome.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

PS The university has announced that thanks to profits derived from new algorithms produced to help ICE more efficiently stock concentration camps, it will open the Thiel Center for Vocational Education next fall, housed in the former philosophy building.

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
saw a job posting for ohio state wexner medical school yeah that wexner

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
https://twitter.com/MichaelCoudrey/status/1306718229151145984

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

"What a lot of people don't realize about the Union Army is that they were fighting in the American Civil War. A war which was literally being fought in order to support and preserve the right to hold slaves. The Union army was a part of that conflict. Villains!"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

No Republicans in the CIA, nossir.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

thats less a hot take, and more deliberate lie by a literal nazi

https://twitter.com/IGD_News/status/1258585582688546816

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

lol blue checkmark

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
yeah that dude knows he’s full of poo poo, he doesn’t care

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Like Sartre said:

quote:

Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Bigotry isn't a belief system. It's a hobby, a form of escapism and leisure. The Klan started dressing up as 'ghosts' as a joke as they terrorised and murdered black people.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Bigotry isn't a belief system. It's a hobby, a form of escapism and leisure. The Klan started dressing up as 'ghosts' as a joke as they terrorised and murdered black people.

The KKK robes are so obviously purposed to maximize dehumanization of its members. With their faces covered, each member just a uniform in the crowd, each person can rationalize their participation in inhuman act. They are merely members of the group, individual acts unattributable to the people you see in church on Sunday. This is the main purpose of a uniform, just like those cops wearing riot gear

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/TrinityMustache/status/1307102284267089923

https://twitter.com/TrinityMustache/status/1307113459562295298

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

so they can't say gently caress, but they can say nine dicked walrus

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014
This just in, Bernie Sanders may have killed RBG

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the uk government recently restarted arms sales to saudi arabia and the RAF trains their pilots

https://twitter.com/JamesCleverly/status/1306642322776559616?s=20

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Rimusutera posted:

bernie MADE the DNC rig their primary illegally twice, that perfidious jew!

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

chairface posted:

bernie MADE the DNC rig their primary illegally twice, that perfidious jew!

i'm not antisemitic, i'm just very concerned about this recent explosion of jew-on-jew violence

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Rimusutera posted:

Or he’s been elected Senate Majority Leader.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Rimusutera posted:

He learned the art of the pillow smothering from Obama's assassination of Scalia

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

He learned the art of the pillow smothering from Obama's assassination of Scalia

smother me bernie

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/stevelapsl/status/1307267320784576512?s=19

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/ciarakellydoc/status/1306985494073536515?s=20

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
someone was dumb enough to unban me lol. anyway this forum is trash and how have the middle class people not been kicked out yet.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
does middle class mean paying ten earth dollars to post on an internet forum

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!

Larry Parrish posted:

someone was dumb enough to unban me lol. anyway this forum is trash and how have the middle class people not been kicked out yet.

they own (rear end in a top hat who beats women)/are negotiating to own (he's no engles but he's also no lowtax and the latter is what we asked for) this forum and are inevitably the majority of those with the time and inclination in general to be mods, especially as their numbers are mercilessly thinned by capital, which knows no loyalty and acknowledges no human master, but makes even kings dance to its blind unthinking whims

woe unto they who believe they own capital; capital owns them, not merely in body as it does us all, but in mind and soul

i'm not sure what the rate of radicalization is, probably closely tied to income source tbh.

Hodgepodge has issued a correction as of 06:10 on Sep 20, 2020

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

exmachina posted:

The KKK robes are so obviously purposed to maximize dehumanization of its members. With their faces covered, each member just a uniform in the crowd, each person can rationalize their participation in inhuman act. They are merely members of the group, individual acts unattributable to the people you see in church on Sunday. This is the main purpose of a uniform, just like those cops wearing riot gear

They didn't start wearing the robes until after Birth of a Nation made them up and the real Klan decided they looked cool. A few lynchings were done in Carnival masquerade and poo poo, mostly they were just dressed normal, sometimes everyone in town would dress up in their fancy Sunday clothes and go watch a guy get murdered.

A Wizard of Goatse has issued a correction as of 06:58 on Sep 20, 2020

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

They didn't start wearing the robes until after Birth of a Nation made them up and the real Klan decided they looked cool. A few lynchings were done in Carnival masquerade and poo poo, mostly they were just dressed normal, sometimes everyone in town would dress up in their fancy Sunday clothes and go watch a guy get murdered.

it's more that the well-to-do tended to be the perpetrators

(obviously :nws:)

i always wonder how the tattooed guy was seen by that crowd

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lmao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Bernard_Lane/status/1307472771262197760?s=19

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I hate it when people skew polls by showing up and voting.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Democracy is two lambs and a wolf voting on what they are going to have for dinner.

The wolf believes that the results were skewed by responses generated by ovine rights groups.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

Transmania United Forever

Pooky has issued a correction as of 13:05 on Sep 20, 2020

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/MichiganSock/status/1307614250098139142?s=20

in case it gets deleted

quote:

@MichiganSock
A U.S aligned dictatorship is better than an anti-U.S. dictatorship

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
lol

https://twitter.com/MichiganSock/status/1307623817343389697

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Un loving believable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
House of Saud did 9/11 but Castro was a constant embarrassment to US capitalists so it evens out.