Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Man what the gently caress

Vortex disabled all of the mods and somehow deleted the game itself? I'm bummed I was very far in a fun low CHR low INT melee run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

CFox posted:

That's weird, all of those should be fine.

Are you loading a previous save or starting fresh? Also I don't know if you're aware but with MO you can easily turn off a mod by unchecking one of the boxes on the left hand window. You can always start turning off the mods until you can narrow down what's causing the issue.
Starting fresh, and I got well past that before and it still worked the first time!

... Ohhhhhhh! Okay, I see now.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

The way that vortex uses symlinks, instead of a VFS like Mod Organisers uses, is straight up unsafe and inferior.

Vortex is borderline malware and it depresses me how hard they push it

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

BurritoJustice posted:

The way that vortex uses symlinks, instead of a VFS like Mod Organisers uses, is straight up unsafe and inferior.

Vortex is borderline malware and it depresses me how hard they push it
Wait, what's unsafe about Vortex' implementation of symlinks?
Technically it ought to be a superior solution to MO's virtual file system since it can use systems that are build into Windows instead of creating a hacky workaround. But did they gently caress something up in how it's used?

That wouldn't surprise me as the Nexus employs programmers who in the past who managed to create a bug in NMM that DDoS'ed their own servers (twice!).

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Sep 17, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BurritoJustice posted:

https://streamable.com/5uuzo

You can also manually download the zips and put them in the wabbajack download folder and it'll pick them up, letting you automate everything other than downloading.

What's a nexus premium month looking like these days? I brought a lifetime plan a few years ago because I found myself getting one for download speeds whenever I did a new Skyrim/NV mod list every year or so and it was decently economical. It feels even better now that money goes towards a split of the modders you actually downloaded from and endorsed
I think premium is 5 bucks for the first month then 2 or 3 bucks a month after.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Skwirl posted:

I think premium is 5 bucks for the first month then 2 or 3 bucks a month after.

It's... more expensive for the first month? ...what?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

It's... more expensive for the first month? ...what?

Makes sense if you're like me and only got it for a month to try out Jabberwocky poo poo and decided you didn't care for it enough to keep using it.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Annnnd the wabbajack install is crashing when I pick a choice for hardcore mode. :negative:

Maybe I shouldn't have tried to disable the "economy overhaul"

EDIT: wait, I think jesawyer ultimate is out of place, too

EDIT EDIT: oh no I think it's something in the ini edits I did to the stewie tweaks or jsawyer ultimate

3edit: it's the stewie tweakes ini. drat it what did I do in that that hosed things up

Zereth fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Sep 18, 2020

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Zereth posted:

Annnnd the wabbajack install is crashing when I pick a choice for hardcore mode. :negative:

Maybe I shouldn't have tried to disable the "economy overhaul"

EDIT: wait, I think jesawyer ultimate is out of place, too

EDIT EDIT: oh no I think it's something in the ini edits I did to the stewie tweaks or jsawyer ultimate

3edit: it's the stewie tweakes ini. drat it what did I do in that that hosed things up

How did you disable stuff? A lot of things are quite baked in and just disabling an ESP might break things. What changes did you make? If you jump on the Wabbajack discord and post in new Vegas general it might be easier to help you. There is a dedicated VNV Wabbajack channel which will give
100% terrific support but only if you don't deviate in modlist so it's probably best to post in the general one depending on how you've changed things

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

BurritoJustice posted:

How did you disable stuff? A lot of things are quite baked in and just disabling an ESP might break things. What changes did you make? If you jump on the Wabbajack discord and post in new Vegas general it might be easier to help you. There is a dedicated VNV Wabbajack channel which will give
100% terrific support but only if you don't deviate in modlist so it's probably best to post in the general one depending on how you've changed things
I reopened wabbajack to reset it to default and then just disabled economy overhaul and economy overhaul addendum in the left. It seems to have worked this time! I went through the istewie tweaks ini that came with the wabbajack one and made not quite as many changes this time and things worked! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Zereth posted:

I reopened wabbajack to reset it to default and then just disabled economy overhaul and economy overhaul addendum in the left. It seems to have worked this time! I went through the istewie tweaks ini that came with the wabbajack one and made not quite as many changes this time and things worked! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hey, if it works it works haha

Feel free to hit me up if you encounter any snags. There are a few bugs and janky things in the Modpack that I've just manually patched or changed for creative reasons so with a large list you can definitely find yourself tuning it to perfection

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

BurritoJustice posted:

Hey, if it works it works haha

Feel free to hit me up if you encounter any snags. There are a few bugs and janky things in the Modpack that I've just manually patched or changed for creative reasons so with a large list you can definitely find yourself tuning it to perfection
I am kinda fragile! I am wearing some of the best armor I found that isn't the Brotherhood power armor I found on some random guy that makes people who would normally be friendly attack me, or something I'd have to sink a lot of money into repairing. (I mean, the guy had a diary explaining why he had it, but he was just standing around a campfire I went to look at and got mad at me for not leaving fast enough)

Is there some mod config or something I should adjust to make myself a bit more sturdy? I've seen at least one which affects damage, but it affects all damage, period, and enemies seem about right.

I also had to change a think in the tweaks ini that said it only affected hardcore mode in order to make sleeping restore health.

EDIT: like I probably could afford repairing a Metal Armor or something but I'm trying to save up for the stat implants

more edit: wait, is there a way to like, launder the faction markings off the brotherhood armor?

Zereth fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Sep 18, 2020

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Zereth posted:

more edit: wait, is there a way to like, launder the faction markings off the brotherhood armor?

This would be an easy enough mod to make yourself. New workbench recipe, input ingredients would be the Brotherhood version of the armor (and maybe some abraxo for scrubbing the markings off?) and the output would be the non-faction armor. Set requirements to taste - what score of which skill is needed, which crafting station to make it at, etc. Wouldn't need to fiddle with anything else.

Wouldn't be perfect... If I remember right, the condition of any armor or weapon created at a crafting station would be dependent on your character's repair skill - not the condition of the "ingredients." Still, this is a mod that could be made in just a few minutes, and would get the factionless armor to your character without any great difficulty - you'd just have to remember to hold off on repairs until after you convert it.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Hobo on Fire posted:

This would be an easy enough mod to make yourself. New workbench recipe, input ingredients would be the Brotherhood version of the armor (and maybe some abraxo for scrubbing the markings off?) and the output would be the non-faction armor. Set requirements to taste - what score of which skill is needed, which crafting station to make it at, etc. Wouldn't need to fiddle with anything else.

Wouldn't be perfect... If I remember right, the condition of any armor or weapon created at a crafting station would be dependent on your character's repair skill - not the condition of the "ingredients." Still, this is a mod that could be made in just a few minutes, and would get the factionless armor to your character without any great difficulty - you'd just have to remember to hold off on repairs until after you convert it.
Okay but how easy would it be if I've never made my own mod for a bestheda game in my life?

Also, wait, if I'm having trouble getting hurt/killed, maybe I could... turn down... the difficulty... :thunk:

CFox
Nov 9, 2005
Yea just turn it down. If you want to change the brotherhood armor making you hostile just go to the nexus and do a search for “faction armor” and there should be one that does what you want.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Does anyone have a copy of that one mod that was basically a more optimized project nevada that was really good and the team suddenly deleted for some reason? I cant remember the name of it.

Would be cool if someone, somewhere did something cool for new vegas' 10th anniversary in a month, like a big update on the mod porting it to fallout 4 or the multiplayer one or some sort of anything from bethesda, not holding my breath but it would be nice.

If nothing else i will use it as an excuse to do another full playthrough

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Zereth posted:

Okay but how easy would it be if I've never made my own mod for a bestheda game in my life?

So you can make this in either xEdit or the GECK. The GECK can sometimes be a hassle to set up though, so we'll use xEdit. Here's how in baby steps.

-Fire up xEdit, and uncheck everything except FalloutNV.esm.
-Hit OK, let it load, then expand the ESM entry.
-Scroll down until you see the "Recipes" section. Expand it, right click on one of the entries - doesn't really matter which, but I recommend picking one from whichever crafting station you want to convert your armor at.
-From the dropdown, select "Copy as New Record Into..."
-It'll ask you to change the Editor ID - change it to "ScrubT45" or something
-Then it'll ask where you want to put this new recipe. Use the first <new file>.esp option since this doesn't need to be a master.
-Give your mod a filename
-Scroll back up, collapse FalloutNV.esm and expand your brand new .ESP file. The only thing in there will be the recipe entry that we're going to edit.

Get to your recipe, and you should have something like this:

You can see I started friom the Time Bomb recipe. Now we'll change this recipe to suit our needs - since we copied it as a new record (instead of an override) we won't be breaking any existing recipes.

-Right click and Edit the "Full Name" and change it to whatever you want it to read while you are in game.
-"Skill" is a drop down list (arrow is way over on the far right) - select whatever skill you think is relevant (repair, survival, whatever)
-"level" right click and edit to change how high the requirement is
-Category - which crafting station it is made at. This is another dropdown list, but if you started from a recipe at the same crafting station you won't need to change it.
-Sub-Category - just here to make it easier to find in the crafting menu. Can be whatever, though I'd just put it under "Misc"

Now we get to the Ingredients, with an Item and quantity for each entry. Outputs is the same. Finding the formIDs would be easier in the GECK, but I have another picture here you can cheat off of instead of hunting for them:

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

CFox posted:

Yea just turn it down. If you want to change the brotherhood armor making you hostile just go to the nexus and do a search for “faction armor” and there should be one that does what you want.

I still use the faction ID cards mod, which I think is pretty good

this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/36920

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Clever Spambot posted:

Does anyone have a copy of that one mod that was basically a more optimized project nevada that was really good and the team suddenly deleted for some reason? I cant remember the name of it.

Would be cool if someone, somewhere did something cool for new vegas' 10th anniversary in a month, like a big update on the mod porting it to fallout 4 or the multiplayer one or some sort of anything from bethesda, not holding my breath but it would be nice.

If nothing else i will use it as an excuse to do another full playthrough

I'm guessing you're talking about Solid Project

I don't have a backup of it myself, though you might want to consider trying out Just Mods Assorted, which is supposed to be a modern, lightweight alternative to both of them. It also includes a Loot Menu mechanic.

e: lmao it's FNV mod number 66666

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
As for the Project Nevada update you're probably looking for Cyberware 2281. Its the cyberware portion of the mod on its own and it is way better than the base game implant system.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

JawKnee posted:

I still use the faction ID cards mod, which I think is pretty good

this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/36920
Oh that looks nice, thanks

EDIT: now I need to find some poo poo to repair the two (both Brotherhood) power armors i've found so far with. hopefully I run into some raiders with metal armor of some sort on, thanks Jury Rig perk

Zereth fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Sep 21, 2020

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Okay I am looking for housing mod recommendations, i'm currently using the Survivalist Bunker but it sorts things weirdly, seems to only have one container that isn't used by the sorters, and the oven doesn't seem to let me do all the campfire recipes.

I'd ideally like something where I can craft with stuff in the storage, but having all the crafting stations in arms reach of each other and some storage would be enough. Also having auto-sorting would be nice but not essential.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Lombard Station, mobile truck, or the wastelander’s house from The Courier’s Cache.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Zereth posted:

Okay I am looking for housing mod recommendations, i'm currently using the Survivalist Bunker but it sorts things weirdly, seems to only have one container that isn't used by the sorters, and the oven doesn't seem to let me do all the campfire recipes.

I'd ideally like something where I can craft with stuff in the storage, but having all the crafting stations in arms reach of each other and some storage would be enough. Also having auto-sorting would be nice but not essential.

I really like the sortomatic version of Afterschool Special. Neat little quest and a well organised home. I use the nerfed version from VNV but it's a preference thing

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Oh, huh, Afterschool Special is already in my install. I better go look at it, how do I start that up?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Zereth posted:

Oh, huh, Afterschool Special is already in my install. I better go look at it, how do I start that up?

It's been awhile, but I think there's an NPC near the Goodsprings school that starts the quest.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
There’s two builder guys in goodsprings.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Found it, I had to pick up a note on the floor.

That blends into the trash texture on the floor.

Also the guy I needed to talk to teleported off to loving Black Mountain partway through the quest??

EDIT: I was about to go to bed but somebody just started doing tree work right outside so I guess I'll go trek everything from the old house to the new house

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Yeah. The quest is a bit buggy unfortunately but plenty of people swear by the home. Me, I’m Lombard 4 life

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
is there an updated link to lombard?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Bogart posted:

Yeah. The quest is a bit buggy unfortunately but plenty of people swear by the home. Me, I’m Lombard 4 life
What's Lombard like, since it doesn't have a mod page (or, uh, working link in the op) to check?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Click the question mark under my username. Someone linked it for me a month ago

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Zereth posted:

What's Lombard like, since it doesn't have a mod page (or, uh, working link in the op) to check?

The thing I liked about Lombard was the weapon wall where you could display unique weapons and such that you've collected. It also doesn't feel as bloated as some of the main house mods, the sorting system also visually displays items on shelves instead of just being a room with a dozen labeled boxes. The way its implemented feels more immersive in a way that can't really verbalize at the moment, other house mods are just... not like that, usually. I really liked just collecting poo poo to display.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I loved the whole "repair, build and improve your home over time" aspect of Afterschool Special, but I found myself somewhat... dissatisfied and uneasy with the amount of empty space? It's a huge room, yet everything is stored along the walls. It could really have benefited from having a table or something in the middle.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It needs a rug to really tie the room together.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I believe there was a lingering issue with Lombard Station where sorting/stocking 20 gauge would eat up a couple of shells every time? Even so Lombard Station remains my go-to.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Yeah, the sorter would take 24 rounds of 20ga to put on the shelf, but only 12 would actually appear - the rest would just vanish into the void.

Actually found this looking up The King of Swag's posts from before he abandoned his updated version of Lombard. drat do I wish that had gotten finished.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
I'm that one weird goon that prefers NV Novac Apartment over any other house mods. If it had auto-sorting it'd be perfect

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
When I played the game on Xbox I adopted the Novac motel room as my homebase, so having mods on PC that expanded that room and gave it crafting stations was a dream come true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
the only housing mod ive used is that one that sets up a house near victors shack in goodsprings. you shoot a mad scientist guy in the graveyard for a key to unlock it. got a bunch of shelves, fridge, a water source and some labeled gunlockers and ammo boxes. i always play on jsawyer hardcore with rad storms and crap so its nice to have clearly labeled storage place i can get to.

ive tried some of those lucky 38 mods and they look nice but never seem to install perfectly.