Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:tviv::stwoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit

In honor of our glorious mods.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Don't doxx me

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

ikanreed posted:

Shadow isn't a real person, multiple people work together to make that webcomic.

the new powerup comics is just one guy (who started the comic and created the characters)

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/ShadowPowerup/status/1307051921484795906

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Oh look, mods locked the thread in under three hours.

Good thing nothing could prevent people from having their say during those three hours, right? Surely anything that did would just be a hilarious joke.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

lol

Yeah, I totally missed that. I assumed I was going to eat a probe, and either way I'm a sensitive soul who doesn't like conflict, so I just logged off to play video games for a bit.

I don't want to drag this out, as far as I'm concerned it's long past time to move on, but I do want to say that when we say these things it's genuinely meant as constructive criticism. It's not concern trolling.

e: I don't think MS is absolutely terrible, and I've had cool interactions with him. That's why we're bothering to make these points to begin with.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Yep, that's pretty much it.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Moon Slayer posted:

gently caress

A Lesson Is Learned But The Damage Is Irreversible

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Shut up about the sun the drat forums drama. Keep that poo poo in QCS.

Content:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:aaaaa::respek::sweatdrop:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I'm trying to think of a quintessential 2013 outfit to just perfectly update this comic.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Knormal posted:

Good thing nothing could prevent people from having their say during those three hours, right? Surely anything that did would just be a hilarious joke.

Why I was about pushing it there, because it would have been this thread getting locked if it hadn't

its a pattern as predictable as the stars

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

RFC2324 posted:

Why I was about pushing it there, because it would have been this thread getting locked if it hadn't

Turn off your monitor.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Crane Fist posted:

Also since you asked I guess my biggest claim to fame is writing the highly acclaimed experimental novel House of Leaves

Oh word? I really enjoyed house of leaves and i bought the familiar vol 1 but then you stopped writing the series before i started reading it

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

More like house of *leaves thread*

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009

RFC2324 posted:

You ever hear of the "slaughter" or "mercy" rule in basketball? Same thing. Thread closed because it was dunked on too hard.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Captain Hygiene posted:

More like house of *leaves thread*

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Dudes shouldn't be able to poo poo on Twilight and then recommend House of Leaves. Johnny Truant is the worst Mary Sue of all time. Fight me hipsters.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

*in very liberal voice* it's actually gary stu

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
marty stu

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

rodbeard posted:

Dudes shouldn't be able to poo poo on Twilight and then recommend House of Leaves. Johnny Truant is the worst Mary Sue of all time. Fight me hipsters.

How bad does your life have to be before Johnny Truant seems like a Mary sue. Jesus christ that's bleak

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Knormal posted:

I would have liked to make a comment there on how absurd it is that a low content sub forum like PYF gets all these mod posts that a derailment is over and we need to get back on track. This thread right now is a terrible example so I’ll make one up. If people decide to post about cats for a page in the PYF Horse threads and no one seems to mind, why does it need a mod to basically yell what the thread is about? Why can’t it just come to a natural conclusion where a poster eventually goes “oh, that Garfield... but anyway, here is some more of poor Freckles”.

To me PYF is a low content, low effort sub forum with good vibes and it doesn’t need a headmaster who cracks their whip every time the orphans in the content factories aren’t producing the right goods. Threads can drift wildly away from the course, but right now even short scenic routes seem to get called out.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Mods? More like mads :smug:

USER WAS PROBATED FOR THIS POST
USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST
USER WAS THROWN INTO A VOLCANO FOR THIS POST

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Nah I'm kidding I think comedy 6ers are fine

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Crane Fist posted:

How bad does your life have to be before Johnny Truant seems like a Mary sue. Jesus christ that's bleak

this was my thought too. also that book is 20 years old and was considered corny even then, any 'hipster' (what does that word mean anymore?) would be stripped of their commendations and executed for citing it.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

The Maestro posted:

Ok, they’re ACTING like fascists. Mods probing someone “as a joke” is the definition of punching down. Countless mods have done it and it’s always wrong.

Always hilarious.

Troll 6ers own.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Mods? More like mads :smug:

USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST
USER WAS THROWN INTO A VOLCANO FOR THIS POST

I can’t believe this abuse of power. In your honor, I will fall upon a sixer blade

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Nah I'm kidding I think comedy 6ers are fine

What? Aw piss poo poo wait mods NO

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Mierenneuker posted:

I would have liked to make a comment there on how absurd it is that a low content sub forum like PYF gets all these mod posts that a derailment is over and we need to get back on track. This thread right now is a terrible example so I’ll make one up. If people decide to post about cats for a page in the PYF Horse threads and no one seems to mind, why does it need a mod to basically yell what the thread is about? Why can’t it just come to a natural conclusion where a poster eventually goes “oh, that Garfield... but anyway, here is some more of poor Freckles”.

To me PYF is a low content, low effort sub forum with good vibes and it doesn’t need a headmaster who cracks their whip every time the orphans in the content factories aren’t producing the right goods. Threads can drift wildly away from the course, but right now even short scenic routes seem to get called out.

Despite appearances, this isn't the "post about modding PYF" thread, BUT: I sort of 100% agree with this? The only derails I step in to stop are the ones that are slapfights or just generally negative. Or ones that have hit critical mass of people saying they hate it vs the ones clearly enjoying it. I don't always get it right, but I'm only human. :shrug:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
funny

cartoon

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

bump_fn posted:

funny

cartoon

I'm a computer programmer. I'm familiar when all the things referenced in this comic, dykstra, algorithms, big o notation, being a sad sack who wastes his life, and... idgi

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Crane Fist posted:

Maybe Mary Sue's not the best word for it but no one I have ever seen recommend the book mentioned that a significant amount of the story is just the author's self-insert describing loving anyone who has a pulse.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
This character has sex what a Mary Sue.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Mary Screw

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
More like Mood Slayer

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ikanreed posted:

I'm a computer programmer. I'm familiar when all the things referenced in this comic, dykstra, algorithms, big o notation, being a sad sack who wastes his life, and... idgi

dijkstra is sad that thinking up better algorithms is pointless when everything is constant time

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Look at this blatant abuse of power! :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'll call up the goonlitia, you check our ammunition stores. If I don't make it out alive, I want you to have my Steam account.

Wait a minute!! :o: Nice one Moon Slayer