Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Infamous: Second Son? How violent edgy is this? My understanding is it is similar to an arkham city game but you are lightning man

I don’t remember it being particularly violent or edgy, was quite fun if not also very forgettable though, except for some reason the incredibly bland cover of Heart Shaped Box over the credits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

History Comes Inside! posted:

I don’t remember it being particularly violent or edgy, was quite fun if not also very forgettable though, except for some reason the incredibly bland cover of Heart Shaped Box over the credits.

The “evil” route for Infamous is kind of edgy-ish, though it felt like decent writing for a comic book supervillain origin story. He’s less outright evil and more of a selfish brat who goes through some bad poo poo, and it’s all downhill from there.

Fun enough that I did two playthroughs back to back and got the platinum for it though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The trophies for 13 Sentinels currently look like this lol

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Until Dawn? I don't know what this is. What is this? Is it a zombie game? I hate zombies

Nope, Slasher flick choose your own adventure. Though it does get supernatural partway through but it is not zombies. Or even totally not zombies.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sakurazuka posted:

The trophies for 13 Sentinels currently look like this lol

Lmao

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

For some reason I thought H:ZD was in the PS+ collection but I guess it isn't

So out of the ones that are

God of War

The Last of Us: Remastered

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End(watch chip cheezum do this so thoroughly I don't feel like I ever need to actually play it)

Battlefield 1

Monster Hunter World? I've never liked any of these I've tried but those were old style ones. I don't like planning and fighting a monster for like 15 minutes and I especially hated all the loading between areas but I think this one doesn't have that?

Fallout 4? Is this any good? I've heard not really

Final Fantasy XV? I played the mobile one, this is the same except better graphics right?

The Last Guardian? I know this games deal, is it a reasonably short length?

Ratchet and Clank

Infamous: Second Son? How violent edgy is this? My understanding is it is similar to an arkham city game but you are lightning man

Days Gone

Bloodborne(sorry I don't like soulsborne games)

Detroit: Become Human? Is this by that dumb french guy? Is it as dumb rear end Heavy Rain?

Batman Arkham Knight

Mortal Kombat X

Persona 5

Until Dawn? I don't know what this is. What is this? Is it a zombie game? I hate zombies

Resident Evil: Biohazard

So out of these I've crossed out the ones I have zero interest in, I've underlined the ones I'll definitely download. The other ones are question marks to me I basically know nothing about, are they interesting?

Bloodborne

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
These takes are anathema to us

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well I'm a Nintendo guy I don't like violent games

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Second Son is about as violent and edgy as a comic book because that's what it is

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Axel seems really insane now, I’d even say Top 3 on the SOR4 roster for everything that can OTG now. I like to play as Cherry also but just for fun, I’m too terrible to learn Mania with more than one character.

When I was a kid I played tons of Streets of Rage 1 and 2 with a friend on his Mega Drive (Genesis). His favourite character was Axel and I played mostly as Adam who could get in a funny infinite almost jumping kick loop against these torch jugglers. When SoR2 came out he left Axel vacant to use Max and I then took over him. Fell in love with his grand upper and defensive special, he was absolutely insane and only switched to Blaze because she had some drat great combos on 2. SoR3 felt weird and we didn't play as much mostly due to studies and such so years passed and emulation came in. SoR2 Axel is my favourite character by far, followed by SoR2 Blaze up until SoRR that "remade" SoR1 Axel into a drat beast and more usable than in the original release.

What I want to say is that for some reason they overnerfed Axel in SoR3 and I recall reading on the now dead SoRR forums that it was due to less hitbox frames on his bombos or something like that so, while you could punch faster, you could actually miss hits but my memory fails me. SoR4 came out and holy poo poo, Axel was borderline unusable and went straight to play with Blaze and then Adam who I used to finish my first playthrough. SoR4 Axel now feels as powerful as 2's and made me a happy grown kid.

Anyone that likes beat 'em ups should do a quick search for Streets of Rage Remake (v5.1) and play it (runs drat smooth on any lovely PC/laptop or even raspberry). It's very replayable since they remixed all three games' levels into one so you can choose different paths and play with all characters who got some tweaks like adding specials to SoR1 characters instead of calling the police car/chopper like in 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgpJdNM_mFc

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Second Son is pretty T for Teen.

In fact it literally is.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Before 4 SORR was the definitive way to play Streets of Rage. Hard to believe it came out almost 10 years ago.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Then I have some really bad news for you regarding God of War...

MHW: I'd never played MH before this but it really is fun. For me "planning" involves "hmm this is an ice boss, so I will put on ice resistant gear and a fire weapon" and that's about it. The areas are all big and you only load going into them or leaving. If it's going to be free there's no harm in trying it to see if you like it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
a little uncharacteristic of sony

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1307364082341740544?s=20

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

God of War is literally Gratuitous Violence: The Franchise

Owns though.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Well I'm a Nintendo guy I don't like good games

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I fall on my "not artificial scarcity" sword

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Seems weird that Amazon would have been sending out warning emails and Best Buy cancelling day 1 preorders if Sony has more to dole out... weird.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

For some reason I thought H:ZD was in the PS+ collection but I guess it isn't

So out of the ones that are

God of War

The Last of Us: Remastered

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End(watch chip cheezum do this so thoroughly I don't feel like I ever need to actually play it)

Battlefield 1

Monster Hunter World? I've never liked any of these I've tried but those were old style ones. I don't like planning and fighting a monster for like 15 minutes and I especially hated all the loading between areas but I think this one doesn't have that?

Fallout 4? Is this any good? I've heard not really

Final Fantasy XV? I played the mobile one, this is the same except better graphics right?

The Last Guardian? I know this games deal, is it a reasonably short length?

Ratchet and Clank

Days Gone

Bloodborne(sorry I don't like soulsborne games)

Detroit: Become Human? Is this by that dumb french guy? Is it as dumb rear end Heavy Rain?

Batman Arkham Knight

Mortal Kombat X

Persona 5

Resident Evil: Biohazard

So out of these I've crossed out the ones I have zero interest in, I've underlined the ones I'll definitely download. The other ones are question marks to me I basically know nothing about, are they interesting?

cursed post

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I fall on my "not artificial scarcity" sword

lol

extremely based

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

It's definitely on the same level. Mania has like 2-3x the enemies of the normal difficulties and they're all hyper aggressive. This is my best run of S1 so far, everything on every screen just wants you dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3DVXwk-eLs

Anime...is good.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

The stores are to blame here anyway. Only Amazon didn't gently caress up. What's weird to me is that everyone was going to sell out if they made purchasing available one day or the next, it didn't matter. Stores should only try to beat each other to putting up a sale item when there is too much inventory for each store to sell out of.

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Sep 19, 2020

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

The back of the PS5 just has a port for the power cable, HDMI port, ethernet port and 2 USB ports. It's a shame they didn't have a way to plug the PSVR straight into the console. I can hide the breakout box but it's just a rat's nest back there.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Bust Rodd posted:

GMGOW Valkyries

the blue haired guy from Bleach

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

That loving Sned posted:

The back of the PS5 just has a port for the power cable, HDMI port, ethernet port and 2 USB ports. It's a shame they didn't have a way to plug the PSVR straight into the console. I can hide the breakout box but it's just a rat's nest back there.

at least the usb ports are on the back, i really dont like the usb at the front being used for the psvr, just looks ugly.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

no optical, crazy

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

get last guardian and shadow of the colossus.

also, yakuza 0. its not violent per say, its more river city rampage comicbook punching with gritty story and heartwarming hilarious side-content. i mean there is a bit of violence from other characters but its further the story/character rather videogamey stuff.

oh and get spider-man ps4.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

at least the usb ports are on the back, i really dont like the usb at the front being used for the psvr, just looks ugly.

You'll need one USB port for the camera (there's a free adapter for the current camera, but I don't know how to get it yet) and one to connect to the breakout box. You'll still need to use one of the front to charge a controller.

I'm thinking of getting a bigger external HDD, and there's an Xbox-branded 8TB Seagate drive with 2 USB ports on it. Although 4TB should be plenty of you don't have OCD for having absolutely everything installed

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

That loving Sned posted:

You'll need one USB port for the camera (there's a free adapter for the current camera, but I don't know how to get it yet) and one to connect to the breakout box. You'll still need to use one of the front to charge a controller.

I'm thinking of getting a bigger external HDD, and there's an Xbox-branded 8TB Seagate drive with 2 USB ports on it. Although 4TB should be plenty of you don't have OCD for having absolutely everything installed

theres only one connection to the usb isnt there? the other vr connector goes into the new slot or am i misunderstanding something, and the new slot is just the usb? i havent actually looked at the pictures yet. also, poo poo, thats a good point, where do we get that free adapter from?

i'm not that fussed about HDD since im going disc but yeah other than that, seems like a good setup to me at least, front port for charging. or just plug it in somewhere else to charge like a usb plug/pc if its all taken up.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I charge my controllers from my laptop since the console is all the way on the other side of the room and I’m only over there when I have to change the disc once every 6 months or so.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
well if what they're saying is actually true, even less reason to worry about my Amazon preorder selling out

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
There are 2 USB 10 gigabit Type A ports on the back of the PS5 and another slower one in the front. Also there is a USB C on the front. You are going to want to plug your hard drive on the back for sure.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

just fired up bloodborne for the first time in a little over a month. maybe two. this game is bad and not fun.

i stand by my comparison to bullshit revived megaman games that are just too loving hard. who has the wherewithal and patience for this kind of player-hating garbo?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

ShoogaSlim posted:

just fired up bloodborne for the first time in a little over a month. maybe two. this game is bad and not fun.

i stand by my comparison to bullshit revived megaman games that are just too loving hard. who has the wherewithal and patience for this kind of player-hating garbo?

:lol:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

ShoogaSlim posted:

Most people honestly.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Vikar Jerome posted:

theres only one connection to the usb isnt there? the other vr connector goes into the new slot or am i misunderstanding something, and the new slot is just the usb? i havent actually looked at the pictures yet. also, poo poo, thats a good point, where do we get that free adapter from?

On PS4 the camera plugs into a proprietary port on the back and the breakout box also uses a standard USB port. The Pro has one on the back for this, on others you have to use a front port. On PS5 they removed the proprietary port so you'll have to use 2 USB ports just on the VR hardware, and the third for whatever else you use USB for.

No details on the adapter program yet, just confirmation that it'll be free.

ShoogaSlim posted:

Give it 12 hours or so

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

A Sometimes Food posted:

Most people honestly.

gross.

a nightmare you can't wake up from. unless...

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

A Sometimes Food posted:

Most people honestly.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

ShoogaSlim posted:

:hmbol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Sorry but after Esco's Journey the PS4 thread is totally inoculated against this take. Nearly half the people who played BB got past the first real skill check, stop whining and join them.