Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
They can take our shitposts, but they can never take our freedom!

(USER LOST THEIR FREEDOM FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Who What Now posted:

They can take our shitposts, but they can never take our freedom!

(USER LOST THEIR FREEDOM FOR THIS POST)

Nah they can take that, AA is apparently banned from PYF

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

They may give me warnings, probate my posts, even ban me. Then they will have my dead account, but not my obedience.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Len posted:

Nah they can take that, AA is apparently banned from PYF

What for? Because if its opening QCS threads about Moon MoonSlayer thats bullshit

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

PYF Comic(al probation)

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

RFC2324 posted:

What for? Because if its opening QCS threads about Moon MoonSlayer thats bullshit

It's for being insane

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3940910&pagenumber=3&perpage=40#post508207060

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I don't post much ITT, and I don't have a strong opinion on comedy sixers, but AA definitely came across as a hyperbolic, whiny pissbaby about the whole thing. Is Moon Slayer abusing their (sorry I dunno their gender) power? I guess, maybe? Is that tantamount to fascism? Nope!

Also just off the top of my head I have the impression that most probations have been for worthless "thing sucks" posts, which doesn't seem to be so much about killing or disliking the wrong things as it seems to be about contributing nothing and being a downer. What do I know, though!

Anyway here's an Achewood that came up after clicking random a few times. It's not my favourite, strictly speaking - I hardly even remember it from previous readings - but it's fine. It's a fine comic.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Yeah, thats kinda bullshit. AA has a problem with everything being a FYAD conspiracy, but hes an actual good poster when he isn't triggered (and its obvious he has a trigger in the real sense there).

He's going to do the same thing every time anyone he perceives as FYAD affiliated so much as looks at him, so matter what the subforum, and that's an issue he needs to talk to his therapist about. Kicking him from PYF is just going to make him worse

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Banning AA from PYF is bullshit and fluff is a bad mod.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Good.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Or, banning him was bullshit but making one bullshit call doesn't make one a bad mod, just human.

That doesn't mean bullshit calls shouldn't be called out tho

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

RFC2324 posted:

Yeah, thats kinda bullshit. AA has a problem with everything being a FYAD conspiracy, but hes an actual good poster when he isn't triggered (and its obvious he has a trigger in the real sense there).

He's going to do the same thing every time anyone he perceives as FYAD affiliated so much as looks at him, so matter what the subforum, and that's an issue he needs to talk to his therapist about. Kicking him from PYF is just going to make him worse

Sounds like AA needs to take a vacation from the Internet for a while.

Comedy Sixers is like.....G list priorities.

It's so far down, and of such utterly small significance, that I can't bring myself to care at all.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Johnny Aztec posted:

Sounds like AA needs to take a vacation from the Internet for a while.

Comedy Sixers is like.....G list priorities.

It's so far down, and of such utterly small significance, that I can't bring myself to care at all.

I agree with this. banning from pyf is just petty, tbh, but making him take a serious forums break would be good. Maybe like 6 month that cam be waived if his therapist says hes better

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

So you don't get probed I made your post into a comic.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

To anyone who sees this DON'T do it!! This combination creates mustard gas!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lol

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

I didn't see the title of the comic at first.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I thought it was about me...

:saddowns:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

CJacobs posted:

To anyone who sees this DON'T do it!! This combination creates mustard gas!

Thought it was called jenkum?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Anyone know that comic where it's really meta and one character is foiling I think a robber by reaching around/through the panels. I think it's french

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Imbattable

frankee
Dec 29, 2017

https://twitter.com/shadowpowerup/status/1307372919350276102?s=21

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Wally's gonna be so jacked.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
Dismissing critics of an authority figure as "insane" sure is an approach that's worked well for this forum in the past!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ikanreed posted:

I'm a computer programmer. I'm familiar when all the things referenced in this comic, dykstra, algorithms, big o notation, being a sad sack who wastes his life, and... idgi

I'm not a programmer and I don't know who that is in the comic, but I kinda took it to mean every other programmer is in hell.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Skwirl posted:

I'm not a programmer and I don't know who that is in the comic, but I kinda took it to mean every other programmer is in hell.

Well sure but what about the programmers who aren't alive?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm not a progamer so I don't know what these Dilbert strips mean.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Whybird posted:

Dismissing critics of an authority figure as "insane" sure is an approach that's worked well for this forum in the past!

I don't know who exactly you are talking to, but I actually agree with most of AA's points. He personally is over invested to the point its not good for his health, and should take a break.

The rest of us should continue calling this stuff out as we see it, as I did when I started this whole fiasco. Call it out and argue a little, but don't let it hurt your mental health

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Can y'all please make your own thread? I get that you have Opinions about how the forums are run, but maybe just maybe the 'post your favorite comics' thread is for posting comics and not for whatever the gently caress this is. I promise I won't crash your PYF Forums Manifesto thread with marmaduke comics or whatever, so please for the love of god just have your argument somewhere else. Jesus.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

PopeCrunch posted:

Can y'all please make your own thread? I get that you have Opinions about how the forums are run, but maybe just maybe the 'post your favorite comics' thread is for posting comics .

Agreed: Some of my favorites

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

RFC2324 posted:

I don't know who exactly you are talking to, but I actually agree with most of AA's points. He personally is over invested to the point its not good for his health, and should take a break.

The rest of us should continue calling this stuff out as we see it, as I did when I started this whole fiasco. Call it out and argue a little, but don't let it hurt your mental health

It was more to

Len posted:

It's for being insane

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Do not talk about this topic anymore in this thread. If you feel that you have legitimate grievances, PM an admin. That's what they're there for. QCS is not for helldumping mods. If you can't bring yourself to PM a mod, then either the issue wasn't as important as you were making it or you don't trust the admins either, in which case, leave. Go to kiwifarms or Bread and Roses if you honestly think that all mods and admins are terrible.

If this continues I will close the thread for a day and if it continues again after it's reopened I will probate people who keep derailing it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Moon Slayer posted:

If you can't bring yourself to PM a mod, then either the issue wasn't as important as you were making it or you don't trust the admins either, in which case, leave. Go to kiwifarms or Bread and Roses if you honestly think that all mods and admins are terrible.

Something Awful: Love or it Leave it!!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
We all needs some Spider-Man.

Haifisch posted:

(Borden)

(Sir Lemming)
(Borden)

(czarchasm)

(duke jeffries)