Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Is it possible you’re thinking of Rescuer’s Down Under and changing out the fox for a lizard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
'80s or '90s (kids?) movie: A boy, seeming like he can't come up with a better insult, just yells "...go suck an egg!" at someone who's leaving.

Darthemed fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Sep 17, 2020

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Darthemed posted:

'80s or '90s (kids?) movie: A boy, seeming like he can't come up with a better insult, just yells "...go suck an egg!" at someone who's leaving.
Pretty sure a kid says that to Dick Tracy in the 90s version, as a throwback to the 40s version.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Trevor Hale posted:

Is it possible you’re thinking of Rescuer’s Down Under and changing out the fox for a lizard?

Yeah I loved that movie as well but in this one I don’t think the animals talked? The fox and bird definitely didn’t.

The animation style was also very non-Disney as far as I remember.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!
It weirds me out that the Sniglets guy became some sort of UK man of letters.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Pilchenstein posted:

Pretty sure a kid says that to Dick Tracy in the 90s version, as a throwback to the 40s version.
That is absolutely it, thank you!

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

This one is driving me nuts because I can usually remember movies better than this.

It's an 80s movie, comedy. All I can remember is a scene where a guy (Chevy Chase? Steve Martin?) looks through a pair of binoculars and the first thing he sees is this bird of prey tearing apart some kill. He makes a face and goes "ugh" and then moves on to look at something else. I have an impression that he had just got done telling someone that he loves the beauty of nature or he was looking forward to relaxing or something.

I keep thinking it's Vacation, but googling that scene gives me nothing.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Doctor Zero posted:

This one is driving me nuts because I can usually remember movies better than this.

It's an 80s movie, comedy. All I can remember is a scene where a guy (Chevy Chase? Steve Martin?) looks through a pair of binoculars and the first thing he sees is this bird of prey tearing apart some kill. He makes a face and goes "ugh" and then moves on to look at something else. I have an impression that he had just got done telling someone that he loves the beauty of nature or he was looking forward to relaxing or something.

I keep thinking it's Vacation, but googling that scene gives me nothing.

Beetlejuice

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Holy poo poo I can't believe I was that far off. THANK YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Goddammit, that's one I actually knew :bahgawd:

"Nice building... bad roof... good parking!"

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Pilchenstein posted:

Live action kids film or show from the 80s or earlier, presumably wizard of oz themed, involved a group of kids and the primary antagonist was a witch who at one point turned one or more of the kids into flying monkeys. I feel like it might possibly have been from Australia or New Zealand.

I dunno about flying monkeys, but this freaky 80's NZ kids movie has a witch antagonist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu8SacTNbV8

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Sep 21, 2020

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

What’s that movie where a teenage girl throws a ball at an old woman’s head and it just explodes? The girl looks slightly surprised.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

oldpainless posted:

What’s that movie where a teenage girl throws a ball at an old woman’s head and it just explodes? The girl looks slightly surprised.

Wes Craven’s Deadly Friend

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Thanks!

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Here's a weird one. I was rewatching Chinese Super Ninjas (aka Five Element Ninjas) for the first time in a loooong time and recognized a piece of music. A lot of these old Shaw productions used library music, so this probably is too, but I swear this particular piece of music was used in another movie because it's really familiar to me and I can't quite place it.

This should play at the right time (61m mark)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCK-SwZxs-I&t=3660s

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Origami Dali posted:

Here's a weird one. I was rewatching Chinese Super Ninjas (aka Five Element Ninjas) for the first time in a loooong time and recognized a piece of music. A lot of these old Shaw productions used library music, so this probably is too, but I swear this particular piece of music was used in another movie because it's really familiar to me and I can't quite place it.

This should play at the right time (61m mark)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCK-SwZxs-I&t=3660s

I've heard segments of that before (although maybe I'm just remembering Five Element Ninjas.

Some wild guesses as I've watched all these in the last few years:

-2 Champions of Shaolin
-Crippled Avengers
-The Flying Guillotine
-Flying Guillotine 2
-Legendary Weapons of China
-Five Deadly Venoms
-Little Dragon Maiden
-Battle Wizard
-My Young Auntie

albedoa
May 3, 2004

I'm trying to think of a movie whose theme is infidelity. There is a man and a woman who are married. The woman is an art gallerist. I can remember two settings:

The man arrives at his wife's gallery show. The show space is modern and swanky. It is dimly lit for the show, but some of the walls are lit up with deep red and blue colors. The woman thanks her husband for coming and goes back to her duties. The man starts a conversation with a woman who will become his affair partner.

The other setting I remember is the expensive brick city loft in which the couple lives. There is a main floor with an open plan. The living and kitchen areas are adjacent to each other. Then there is a spiral staircase with iron rails that leads up to the bedroom. The upper area looks down onto the main floor. At some point, the wife returns home unexpectedly to discover the other woman in bed with her husband. A fight ensues. I don't remember if it becomes physical. I think this was at the end of the movie.

The husband is a chiseled, handsome guy. A vague description of him could fit Sam Worthington or Michael Fassbender (but combing through his films, it's not Fassbender). I don't remember the women at all.

I would have watched this movie around its release, which most likely was between 2011 and 2016. It has an aesthetics similar to "Last Night" (2010) or "Shame" (2011) and a lot of other movies about wealthy but emotionally burdened city folks that came out around that time. It probably had the 2.39:1 aspect ratio too. It is possible I dreamt this movie, but I'm curious if you recognize it. Thanks!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

albedoa posted:

I'm trying to think of a movie whose theme is infidelity. There is a man and a woman who are married. The woman is an art gallerist. I can remember two settings:

The man arrives at his wife's gallery show. The show space is modern and swanky. It is dimly lit for the show, but some of the walls are lit up with deep red and blue colors. The woman thanks her husband for coming and goes back to her duties. The man starts a conversation with a woman who will become his affair partner.

The other setting I remember is the expensive brick city loft in which the couple lives. There is a main floor with an open plan. The living and kitchen areas are adjacent to each other. Then there is a spiral staircase with iron rails that leads up to the bedroom. The upper area looks down onto the main floor. At some point, the wife returns home unexpectedly to discover the other woman in bed with her husband. A fight ensues. I don't remember if it becomes physical. I think this was at the end of the movie.

The husband is a chiseled, handsome guy. A vague description of him could fit Sam Worthington or Michael Fassbender (but combing through his films, it's not Fassbender). I don't remember the women at all.

I would have watched this movie around its release, which most likely was between 2011 and 2016. It has an aesthetics similar to "Last Night" (2010) or "Shame" (2011) and a lot of other movies about wealthy but emotionally burdened city folks that came out around that time. It probably had the 2.39:1 aspect ratio too. It is possible I dreamt this movie, but I'm curious if you recognize it. Thanks!

Closer?

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

albedoa posted:

I haven't watched these in ages but maybe Your Friends and Neighbors, or Me and You and Everyone We Know

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!

regulargonzalez posted:

I haven't watched these in ages but maybe Your Friends and Neighbors, or Me and You and Everyone We Know

Good god who did you piss off that THAT red text?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Kenzo posted:

i laugh every time i see that one

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

I’ve only ever seen screenshots of this movie and just read the plot and lol’d a lot

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Kenzo posted:

I honestly don't remember who it was or even what it was about.

albedoa
May 3, 2004

drat, I just watched the photo exhibition scene and it hits a lot of the marks. It would mean I was off by a decade. I'd give it a 20% chance. It's possible that I have mixed multiple films into one memory. Thanks!

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
There's also Match Point, which featured affairs, art galleries, and a prominent staircase.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I saw this in 2007 or 2008 so it can't be newer than that. It was on TV, maybe HBO or something like that- I honestly have no clue as to the network. All of this happens in the span of about ten minutes:

The movie I'm trying to identify is set in Austria-Hungary around the end of WW1. In one scene in front of a procession of returning troops, an Austrian army officer greets another government dignitary with "good news!" or something to that effect. The other guy asks, "did we win?" and the first guy says "no, we lost!" but he's very jubilant about it (he's glad they don't have to fight anymore, I figure).

In the next scene there's an old Josef Fritzl-looking guy who is arguing with his dumpy wife in their bedroom, and they are dressed in what I assume are upper-class clothes for the time, and seemingly out of nowhere the guy literally just rapes her. They are fully clothed the entire time, and it takes all but a few seconds before he's done with her. Then she just gives him this disgusted and horrified look. I changed channels after this but I keep thinking wtf was this movie?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
This comes from a movie I saw when I was a kid and half remembered a scene that I can never figure out where it's from. I think it's a group of military guys training, and they are competing to climb a chain two at a time. One guy is clambering over the over and wounds him by tearing part of the skin on his face. I want to say the one guy looked kind of like Kurt Russell and the other was a muscular bald guy, possibly Asian.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"

Leavemywife posted:

This comes from a movie I saw when I was a kid and half remembered a scene that I can never figure out where it's from. I think it's a group of military guys training, and they are competing to climb a chain two at a time. One guy is clambering over the over and wounds him by tearing part of the skin on his face. I want to say the one guy looked kind of like Kurt Russell and the other was a muscular bald guy, possibly Asian.

That guy looked like Kurt Russell for a reason:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whEAeqGCXC8

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

MachineryNoise posted:

That guy looked like Kurt Russell for a reason:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whEAeqGCXC8

Thank you. Is the movie any good?

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"
If you want to see Blade Runner (really) meets Universal Soldier as directed by Paul W.S. Anderson, it's pretty good.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

It’s worth watching

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Good enough for me. It's streaming on HBO Max, which I don't have, but at least I know what it is now.

That Spooky Witch
Jun 16, 2017

All hail the triune god
hey, maybe you all could help me out.

i'm looking for a long faced grey haired fellow in a second rate horror movie, with.... similar-ish?... aesthetics to The Crazies. I think it had something to do with a hotel, and his character worked at said hotel...? Recent. Last twenty years, at least, last ten to be more certain. 2000-2018.

its vague, I know, but i am _particularlly_ invested in finding the name of this individual, and will take as many false positives y'all throw at me because I will know the right one when I see it.

So Far:

-Devil's Rejects; no
-Psycho 3; no
-House of the Devil; no
-Eaten Alive; no
-Scary Movie 2; no to any scary movies series for sure
-Dead and Breakfast; no
--Vacancy; no
-No Vacancy; no
-The Apartment Complex; no
-Horror Hotel; no (the guests were a man with dark hair-I think, and a woman-blonde hair, i think. the green wall paper in the check in desk rings vaguely familiar with the one i'm looking for? movie had like a green filter over it, or it was just very green, i think thats why i associate it with the crazies, the film cover for that is green. Not humorous either)
-No Tell Motel; no. (the two people the movie opens up with aren't really teens? they were like, in their thirtys-ish I want to say.)
-Love Motel; no. (the movie i'm looking for is very whitebread. no p.o.c. up to the scene the guy i'm looking for is in)
-Insane 2010; no. (no english accents)
-The 1st Seventh Night; no.
-S Darko; no.
-Vacancy 2 The First Cut; no. (I don't recall this movie was a sequel or a remake, just a one-off)
-Lake Dread; no. (I really don't think the guests the movie opens with were driving a camper rv. also, no lake as far as I remember.)
-The Hotel!!; no. (I don't recall there being punctuation in the title, nor there being a beach around the hotel in the movie. i don't think it was foresty around the hotel either, ALSO, the hotel was dirty, grungy).
-Severance 2006; no.

Looking at the hotel movie list that was pointed out, it occurred to me to look up a list of mens names. The first name is Ken. poo poo if I know his last name. He wouldn't be credited very high, I don't think, it seemed like a bit piece role, and I vague-ishly recall that he was credited as Ken 'Lastname'.

-Bug 2006; no. (Opens up with a couple, coming to a m/h otel. (i'd have to guess more on the m otel on the m/h otel scale)
-Harry Dean Stanton; no. (good guess, as far as look goes, but blonde/light/grey-ish hair.)
-Identity 2003; no. (no rain in the opening bit, very dry.)

All guesses still welcome! Thank you to all :)

That Spooky Witch fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Oct 6, 2020

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
The Devil's Rejects has a famous scene in a motel room, and Otis Driftwood has grey hair.

Psycho 3 has a few motel scenes with Jeff Fahey, but this was before he was grey.

That Spooky Witch
Jun 16, 2017

All hail the triune god

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

The Devil's Rejects

not quite, there are visitors coming to the m/h otel. they're kinda creeped out by him. and he's just like a janitor or some poo poo.

Psycho 3?

Too early. 2000s on, minimum.

That Spooky Witch
Jun 16, 2017

All hail the triune god
he's scrawny too. as meth is wont to do.

That Spooky Witch
Jun 16, 2017

All hail the triune god
If I could,

I'll add a please.

please.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

When you say The Crazies, to you mean the original or the remake?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Not a hotel, but posssibly Tom Noonan in The House of the Devil?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Spooky Witch
Jun 16, 2017

All hail the triune god

Davros1 posted:

When you say The Crazies, to you mean the original or the remake?

remake. could be wrong, because I haven't watched the whole thing, its not it.

the guests come out to this way out h/m otel, and its awkward. as is second rate horror movies.

any and all guesses, please, I have all the time in the world.