Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

the sex ghost posted:

Salary caps are in in Leagues One and Two

Cool that the EFL saw clubs struggling to pay their players through the lockdown and going bust because the owners refused to put any money in and agreeing that it was the greedy league two players that were the issue. Can't wait to see teams coming up to the Championship getting brutally owned by teams who are paying all their players £50k a week

Amazing.

So we literally have created Premier League, Premier League 2 and the EFL?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.
Not looking good for Ipswich.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

the sex ghost posted:

Salary caps are in in Leagues One and Two

Cool that the EFL saw clubs struggling to pay their players through the lockdown and going bust because the owners refused to put any money in and agreeing that it was the greedy league two players that were the issue. Can't wait to see teams coming up to the Championship getting brutally owned by teams who are paying all their players £50k a week

i cant wait for the parachute payments to ensure the same three teams including the one i support have the agony and ecstacy every year of yoyoing between the crown paint championship and league one brought to you by used tampons

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Spiderjelly posted:

Not looking good for Ipswich.

nothing ever looks good for ipswich

edit: this basically just sums them up

https://twitter.com/E16Canary/status/965279999635918860

Whorelord fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Aug 18, 2020

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
The EFL wanted to apply Sheffield Wednesday's 12-point deduction for breaching financial rules to the 2019-20 season, which would have relegated the club to League One, but an independent panel prevented it.

:w00t:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
So it's just delayed relegation for a year?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
not for charlton! hahaha

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
We've got Newport in the caribou cup on the 5th but Wales play on the 3rd and 6th with u21s and u19s games as well, which means every single centre half at the club is on international duty (except for little Jake Thomas the first year pro).

FM nightmare.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Wigan are screwed.

https://twitter.com/iancnoble/status/1299414590237835266

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/save-wigan-athletic

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
hEs a MiLlIonAiRe WhY cOuLdNt He GiVe MoRe

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Just watching the EFL on discovery turbo or whatever channel it is now and one of the Swansea coaches dished out a chokeslam to Jon Toral. You love to see it

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Can we end the league now and award the title as it stands?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

the sex ghost posted:

Just watching the EFL on discovery turbo or whatever channel it is now and one of the Swansea coaches dished out a chokeslam to Jon Toral. You love to see it

Swans legend Alan Tate.

Most exciting thing about our performance.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Pablo Bluth posted:

I checked the table to see if anyone funny was in the bottom 3 but it's actually just the 3 teams that are actually going to get relegated.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Pablo Bluth posted:

Be careful what you wish for, with the way new covid infections are headed.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

pik_d posted:

I checked the table to see if anyone funny was in the bottom 3 but it's actually just the 3 teams that are actually going to get relegated.

no way are wednesday getting relegated we havent conceded in four games and we're unbeaten in the league. no i think you'll find a customary midplace finish is already assured especially if a few more teams go bust this term

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Breath Ray posted:

no way are wednesday getting relegated we havent conceded in four games and we're unbeaten in the league. no i think you'll find a customary midplace finish is already assured especially if a few more teams go bust this term

I'm pretty sure I forgot what thread I was in and checked the PL table.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

pik_d posted:

I'm pretty sure I forgot what thread I was in and checked the PL table.

If you look at the actual table, you will realize that was a joke and the Owls are gash as gently caress.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Hate the prem I miss you guys

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Thirteenth Step posted:

Hate the prem I miss you guys

What you really miss is a proper shirt.

Also a league that you can compete in.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

XBenedict posted:

What you really miss is a proper shirt.

Also a league that you can compete in.

I actually like the home shirt, the away kit and specifically the third kit... less so.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Thirteenth Step posted:

I actually like the home shirt, the away kit and specifically the third kit... less so.

That loving yellow and green has been a steady eyesore. It doesn't work for Nantes and it doesn't work for....well...anyone.

It barely works for Norwich, but it's better because it isn't stripes..

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I'm just resurrecting this to gloat at the Royals being 4-0.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Feels good to have gotten one over on the stupid idiot moron fraud nathan jones. One year on since we sacked him and he's still using the same excuses for losing, crying about the magical ~stats~ that show how his team was totally the bestest. The wanker.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Won 6. Drawn 1. Lost none. Scored 11. Conceded 1.

It's time to get on the Royal bandwagon...

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Pablo Bluth posted:

Won 6. Drawn 1. Lost none. Scored 11. Conceded 1.

It's time to get on the Royal bandwagon...

Is it really though?

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Yes. The season is going end with the Royals unbeaten, more than 106 points and 100+ goals.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

W7 D1 L0, F15 A3, 7 points clear.

All aboard the hype train...

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Stoke lovely.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/october/papa-johns-becomes-title-sponsor-of-the-efl-trophy/

big lol

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Big Papa Trophy

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

The Papadilla Cup

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I wish my name was Pete S'plaice because then I would've been a big winner of 2020.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
It'll always be the autoglass trophy to me

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Autoglass repaired, Autoglass replaced.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Just seen the Bournemouth Reading score, I guess Reading peaked too early this season. Also I don't think they'll want to concede goals like this regularly: https://streamja.com/oPM2G

SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp
This thread is a lot more quiet since Leeds hosed off.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
No one's told Steve Cooper he's allowed to make subs. Wonders why half his team was pulling up injured over the break.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
I didn't realise how hosed Wayne Rooney's Derby County are. They've got two less points than Stoke had at this stage last season and we only stayed up by being in playoff form for the rest of the season. Cocu has been a big disaster for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

SoylentCola posted:

This thread is a lot more quiet since Leeds hosed off.

i prefer to post on the club forum where jokes arent illegal but pulis has already made his mark at wednesday with our fourth red card of the season (our top scorer this time) after 17 mins and a dire loss to out of sorts preston