Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
welcome to the best of the piss and poo poo of english football where nothing makes sense.

important championship stats

penalties missed by britt "garunteed goalscorer" assombalonga: 1
leeds wins: 1
teams in administration: 0

you can also post about fun things below the championship

like the fact :siren: SUNDERLAND IS IN LEAGUE 1 :siren:

also WAYNE ROONEY'S DERBY COUNTY will bottle it somehow.

UnlimitedSpessmans fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Aug 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I am not surprised and also so disappointed at the same time is really my life

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Lemon posted:

I am not surprised and also so disappointed at the same time is really my life

that's middlesbrough for you.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Rip bury and lol the EFL are a trash organisation

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Jose posted:

Rip bury and lol the EFL are a trash organisation

they're extremely bad

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

this is a good read on it for anyone unaware who wants to find out just how hosed up its all been

https://www.football365.com/news/a-proud-club-and-footballs-head-is-bury-ed-in-the-sand

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/COYIrons_com/status/1157387054709452801?s=17

Filth.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The Swans are going up.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

this keeper for Forest looks real bad

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Took less than 10 minutes for all my optimism and enthusiasm for this season to disappear.

Comlink
Nov 21, 2006

Oh yes, yes, yes.... that's BANG on the money!
Luton vs mboro was fun on Friday.

all hail matt grimes

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Leeds.

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

Albion are good but they really need to sign like 3 more players

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

fuk leeds

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
looks like Leeds are *checks notes* going up

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Don't worry, Leeds will Leeds themselves around Christmas and bottle it as usual.

Also lol if they don't go up and still have to pay £15m for Costa.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Bristol City have emailed every other championship club to say that they're not kicking the ball out of play if a player is down and leave it to the ref to stop the match. Everyone should do it

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

We are fuckin poo poo

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

QPR in the playoff spots, end the league now

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

Bristol City have emailed every other championship club to say that they're not kicking the ball out of play if a player is down and leave it to the ref to stop the match. Everyone should do it

Bristol have developed a real billy big bollocks attitude over the summer. Think they're big time now they're spending money (on players they already had on loan last season).

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Bape Culture posted:

We are fuckin poo poo

we're going up, op

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Derby signing Wayne Rooney as Player-Coach from January at 80k a week.

I mean, how? Does FFP really just not matter anymore?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Dell_Zincht posted:

Are coaches exempt from the FFP regs?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Dell_Zincht posted:

They're breaking up the money so it doesn't impact FFP, which is actually allowed in the rules. Any player/coach can have half their salary not counted for FFP.

https://twitter.com/danielstorey85/status/1158667384015794176

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

They're breaking up the money so it doesn't impact FFP, which is actually allowed in the rules. Any player/coach can have half their salary not counted for FFP.

https://twitter.com/danielstorey85/status/1158667384015794176

I thought that was just for League 1 and 2, doesn't effect the Championship so all of his wages will go towards FFP.

Also hasn't he only got a UEFA B badge do can only coach Under-16s? Blatant proof that Derby are trying to get around FFP if they're justifying paying an U-16 coach that much.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
FFP is a joke who cares?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Dell_Zincht posted:

I thought that was just for League 1 and 2, doesn't effect the Championship so all of his wages will go towards FFP.

Also hasn't he only got a UEFA B badge do can only coach Under-16s? Blatant proof that Derby are trying to get around FFP if they're justifying paying an U-16 coach that much.

Why would the championship be different? They’re both efl

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

The transfer window is different from League One and Two as well.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I'm pretty sure League 1 and 2 have different rules pertaining to FFP than the Championship.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

sassassin posted:

The transfer window is different from League One and Two as well.

It is, but the FFP regs are the same. It’s on the EFL site, appendix 5.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

It is, but the FFP regs are the same. It’s on the EFL site, appendix 5.

I asked my friend who is an accountant and this is what he told me:

From the EFL guidelines:

18. Some Clubs appoint Players to other roles e.g. manager or coach. So as to avoid Clubs seeking to load salary payments in favour of the second role, the payments under both roles will be amalgamated and 50% of the total will be attributed as Player Related Expenditure for the purposes of determining compliance with the SCMP Requirement.

This bit is specifically SCMP, which apparently stands for Salary Cost Management Protocol. This Is the rule only for Div 1 and 2 that limits the amount of expenditure on players wages to a set percentage of club turnover. So it makes sense for that to need a rule for splitting player/coach salaries between the playing element and the coaching element.

Don’t think it applies to Championship though, so however they pay Rooney, all 100% will count towards their profit or loss, which is the limiting factor for Championship FFP.

I don't quite understand it either.

An Actual Bear
Feb 15, 2012

League 1 and 2 have a wage cap as part of FFP that's a certain percentage of their turnover. Championship clubs don't have this so in theory can pay whatever wages they want as long as they aren't losing too much money.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

So its turns out that as a result of Big Wayne moving to Derby, betting company 32Red have agreed a "record breaking" sponsorship deal with the club.

and you'll never guess what squad number Rooney will wear next season. all just a bit scummy imo.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49265227

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Raffles posted:

So its turns out that as a result of Big Wayne moving to Derby, betting company 32Red have agreed a "record breaking" sponsorship deal with the club.

and you'll never guess what squad number Rooney will wear next season. all just a bit scummy imo.

lol

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Raffles posted:

Hahahahaha, fantastic.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Its amazing how the media pushed the narrative of plucky shoestring budget derby county when fat frank was in charge lol

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

TelekineticBear! posted:

Its amazing how the media pushed the narrative of plucky shoestring budget derby county when fat frank was in charge lol

Their glorious post march choke will be extra glorious this season.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

The Croc posted:

Their glorious post march choke will be extra glorious this season.

Their squad isn't really good enough to get to the point where they can choke. Kieran Dowell is a good addition but they lost most of their quality when Wilson and Mount left. Tom Lawrence has two or three games a season where he looks a serious player (one down already), the rest are hardworking lads like Waghorn and Mason Bennett. Top half will be an accomplishment.

Watch them beat us on Saturday now I've said that.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/MikeKeegan_DM/status/1159439909398204417

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Stoke signed another of our rejects in CCV.