Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Albino Squirrel posted:

Between the pharmacy and maybe some donated funds to the clinic, we'll get the co-pay covered. This case highlights how ridiculous the rules for the co-pay are, however.

Both welfare and AISH expire when you hit 65, as you're covered by senior's blue cross. But suddenly you have to pay up to $25 per prescription - what if you're on 15 prescriptions? Many of which may be necessary to keep you alive? What if you can't manage your meds well, because you have cognitive issues, and it would be safer to dispense your meds weekly, but that would mean it's $25 per prescription per week instead of per 3 months? I frequently have to balance out patient safety versus patient cost issues when patients are over 65.

Fortunately my patient population doesn't trend old... unfortunately it's because the life expectancy in the neighbourhood in which I work is something like 42.

Pharmacare is health care, and this is the biggest gap in the Canada Health Act. I would love it if the NDP made national pharmacare the condition of their continued support of the Libs.

I haven't asked for details but I'm pretty sure my pharmacist might be doing a fraud for the benefit of his customers by charging more, submitting for coverage, then forgiving or charging less than the full copay. I'm going to keep going to that pharmacist until I die if I can help it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Rutibex posted:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/premier-ontario-cases-covid-sept19-1.5731049

Doug Ford in a powerfully progressive move limits Ontario class sizes to 10 students!

......oh wait

gathering sizes limited but gyms, bars, restaurants, theatres, offices remain open. I'm not really sold on the idea that this new spread is coming from "house parties." seems like it's just a convenient scapegoat because they don't want the blowback of going after businesses that aren't requiring distancing, masks, etc.

I wonder when schools will switch back to online only

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

prom candy posted:

gathering sizes limited but gyms, bars, restaurants, theatres, offices remain open. I'm not really sold on the idea that this new spread is coming from "house parties." seems like it's just a convenient scapegoat because they don't want the blowback of going after businesses that aren't requiring distancing, masks, etc.

I wonder when schools will switch back to online only

They're going to stick as lock as they can to the narrative that selfish people are ruining Ford's perfectly responsible plans.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Does anyone have a good primer/explainer for what's going on in Nova Scotia right now with chuds attacking Mi'kmaq fishing boats?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Hand Knit posted:

Does anyone have a good primer/explainer for what's going on in Nova Scotia right now with chuds attacking Mi'kmaq fishing boats?

I don't have a detailed understanding of the situation but as I understand it, the courts ruled that the Mi'kmaq are entitled to make a modest living fishing in their traditional territorial waters, subject to conservation-oriented catch limits, and without significant further government oversight, and the chuds are pissed off that indigenous people are having a boot taken off of their necks just a little by not being subject to the same regulations as non-indigenous fisheries.

I've also seen notes that the chuds aren't pissed off at the megacorps that get even bigger exceptions to limits with basic tiny slaps on the wrist for breaking the destructively generous limits that those megacorps already get, so that means the tl;dr is racism.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
When I was a kid my dad used to piss and moan constantly about how aboriginals can fish and hunt more and how unfair it was that he, a straight white boomer, is treated so poorly.

Every time I find proof he's still alive it ruins my day

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
This seems like a decent explainer: https://www.cbc.ca/news/indigenous/mi-kmaq-self-regulated-moderate-livelihood-fishery-1.5727622

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Oh goody BC provincial election for Oct 24th.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

priznat posted:

Oh goody BC provincial election for Oct 24th.

Hope it blows up in his face, it's literally JUST Horgan that wants this election probably to seek a majority. What an rear end in a top hat lmao

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Isizzlehorn posted:

Hope it blows up in his face, it's literally JUST Horgan that wants this election probably to seek a majority. What an rear end in a top hat lmao

yeah so they can roll out their grand plan for corona recovery without the greens potentially throwing a wrench in there.

The BCLibs seem especially quiet of late with a leader who cant help up come across as a huge idiot whenever he opens his yap so it is a pretty good opportunity I guess.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Isizzlehorn posted:

I dunno. Relative the rest of Canada theyve done a better than average job of handling COVID. The rent subsidy in particular made a big difference through the worst of quarantine.

Im pretty comfortable voting BCNDP this time around. Horgan has surpassed the insanely low bar of not as awful as Ford or Kenney.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
not sure why the bcndp wouldnt just put forward a plan at the leg and let it get voted down by the libs and the greens and blame an election on them, this is dumb as hell

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

BGrifter posted:

I dunno. Relative the rest of Canada theyve done a better than average job of handling COVID. The rent subsidy in particular made a big difference through the worst of quarantine.

Im pretty comfortable voting BCNDP this time around. Horgan has surpassed the insanely low bar of not as awful as Ford or Kenney.

yeah I agree. part of the covid handling, infection and death rates in BC could be due to pure luck with when spring break was, but overall theyve done what appears to be a pretty good job.

The schools reopening could probably have been handled better but with all those school districts and just seeing what most schools have, administration wise it was surprising it wasnt even more of a poo poo show. Well see how it goes once schools start having outbreaks and how well the cohort systems will mitigate that of course.

I grumble about calling an election now because its just another thing to deal with but there isnt really much chance of me not voting bcndp regardless.

^^^^ also agree!

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Horgan seems like a nice fellow. Here's hoping all the old white boomer farmers in my riding don't bother voting and the riding flips from blue to orange. (lol this won't happen gently caress aldergrove and it constantly ruining Langley's everything)

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

DariusLikewise posted:

not sure why the bcndp wouldnt just put forward a plan at the leg and let it get voted down by the libs and the greens and blame an election on them, this is dumb as hell

This is the right question. They probably figured the greens would've bent the knee than trigger an election, this move is purely to guarantee an election they stand to win at the expense of spreading Covid further.

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

Isizzlehorn posted:

This is the right question. They probably figured the greens would've bent the knee than trigger an election, this move is purely to guarantee an election they stand to win at the expense of spreading Covid further.

Exactly, Weaver stepped down due to health reasons, but had some snarky tweet about activists in the party around the same time that may have played a role in his decision. Theyre probably more on board with working with the NDP than before.

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
lol I can't believe people here still want to vote for someone that's putting the health of the province at risk for their own gain. I guess y'all deserve it

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

linoleum floors posted:

lol I can't believe people here still want to vote for someone that's putting the health of the province at risk for their own gain. I guess y'all deserve it

?!? unlike some backwards rear end banana republics voting by mail is a normal thing in BC

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Work in a print shop. A retired person of means has ordered 250 24"x16" lawn signs that read "end equalization now" and 250 stickers 8.5"x11" of the same to put around the city of 60,000 people here in Alberta. No follow up chud website, no election coming, just END EQUALIZATION NOW. Who is this for and where will I see them around town? Can't wait to find out.

Cromulent_Chill has issued a correction as of 00:10 on Sep 22, 2020

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

umm......ok. sure well end it Alberta

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

priznat posted:

?!? unlike some backwards rear end banana republics voting by mail is a normal thing in BC

you're dumb as hell to vote for this guy

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

RBC posted:

you're dumb as hell to vote for this guy

lol Ive seen your posting

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

call an unnecessary election in the middle of a pandemic? sign me the gently caress UP !

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
he should have pushed through prop. rep. voting reform but I'm probably still going to vote for him. the covid rent subsidy was nice but required you to notify your landlord of it, a great way to shame yourself and get your landlord to think you're a deadbeat.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

yeah I think calling the election now is dumb and bad but with mail in voting whatever. And its not like I would be voting for the BCLibs anyway. My riding is pretty solidly orange anyway.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

do you really think everyone is going to mail in vote and not just show up at the polls on election day like they always do

oh wait you just care about yourself

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

let's see who our other options are:

- the brazen corruption party
- the homeopathy party
- the actually-its-epiphobophibihilia (libertarian) party
- the gently caress-you-if-you're-not-white party
- the other gently caress-you-if-you're-not-white party

show us on the doll where john horgan touched you

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

RBC posted:

do you really think everyone is going to mail in vote and not just show up at the polls on election day like they always do

oh wait you just care about yourself

lmao ok

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Kazinsal posted:

- the homeopathy party

you can still demand better

Kazinsal posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/jjhorgan/status/1098696246540218368

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

- the homeopathy party

-whatever marxist or communist candidate is in your local riding
-stay home
-spoil the ballot
-encourage shameless political opportunism during a global pandemic at the expense of public health

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

im the person who goes to a polling station to vote in person but can't/won't vote by mail

it is the only social contact i get as bars are closed after 10pm

during a pandemic

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2qGO3dOPOU

the lady is clearly a monster

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

In BC, the NDP is the liberals, the Liberals are conservatives, and the Greens are mostly sane.

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

http://imgur.com/gallery/1TyYOF5

Whats up with imgur embeds not working?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/1TyYOF5

Whats up with imgur embeds not working?

they work, you just have to ling the image directly rather than the imgur gallery url (right click the picture and choose "copy image url" or pick the embed link from the "..." menu that appears when you put your cursor over the image after uploading)

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

infernal machines posted:

they work, you just have to ling the image directly rather than the imgur gallery url (right click the picture and choose "copy image url" or pick the embed link from the "..." menu that appears when you put your cursor over the image after uploading)

I can do it from my desktop but the phone app is not previewing correctly for me. Thanks!

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Kazinsal posted:

- the homeopathy party

I think there's a Trot party if you're a big idiot who loves vanguard parties of gangly 60 year olds

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I think there's a Trot party if you're a big idiot who loves vanguard parties of gangly 60 year olds

the lemon party?

et_tu
Mar 28, 2010

Chamale posted:

In BC, the NDP is the liberals, the Liberals are conservatives, and the Greens are mostly sane.

The Greens only care about killing card check and other anti union bullshit. Its the only thing they threatened to take the gov down over. Probably cause Weaver voted against the UVic faculty unionizing lol. Plus, the NDP actually bother to meet with our union reps unlike the Libs. So yeah, + 1 vote for Horgan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

It is funny to me that Moe Sihota keeps getting trotted out to do interviews and panel discussions on behalf of the NDP because he is definitely a throwback to the "bad old days" and it's amazing to me he gets kept around. He must have some serious dirt on somebody.