Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

uber_stoat posted:

Rogan only apologized in this instance because now Spotify has him on a leash and some corporate goon yelled at him. he probably didn't even write the apology. may've not even given them permission to do it.

Are you basing that on anything other than your own personal distaste for Joe Rogan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

remembered why qanon anonymous is so weird to me and why it irritates me so much. they had this journalist on to talk about satanic panic and human trafficking and debunk some of the myths around them. i think thats a good idea, because we need to weed out the garbage to really home in on whatever truths might be obscured by the lies.

i forgot they're lib af tho, so for some reason they feel obliged to completely dismiss everything out of hand. most gloriously demonstrated when the journalist says there's "never been a documented case of a child being trafficked on an airplane", and the concept of organized networks of VIP child abusers is "top to bottom a conspiracy theory", and literally 3 minutes later he mentions jeffrey epstein lol. but i think he's arguing that because some of the victims came forward that doesn't make it child trafficking, or something? i have no idea what that means either. and ofc no mention at all of the 1400 children who've disappeared in ICE custody.

loving hell lmao.

gh0stpinballa has issued a correction as of 17:16 on Sep 20, 2020

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Also even assuming Epstein acted alone (lol) you'd think the Saville investigation would be relevant here

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

e-dt posted:

What you're saying is that Joe Rogan is the american Karl Pilkington

he's too much his own man to be bossed around by a twit like Gervais

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

StashAugustine posted:

Also even assuming Epstein acted alone (lol) you'd think the Saville investigation would be relevant here

Some crimes are so distasteful they are best left unsolved, out of respect for the victims

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
liberals are terrible at debunking conspiracy theories because they are reflexively submissive to authority and unbelievably credulous towards it

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i thought Id listen to Opening Arguments just to hear their take after the RBG death thing (and that both presenters are massive libs), and amazingly they both want to burn the system down now despite years of telling their listeners "no, no no, theres this one weird trick we can use to unfuck the courts"

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

back to cth “richard jewel” ep, the thing i didnt understand the most was their effusive, gushing praise for a very okay movie lol

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Jel Shaker posted:

i thought Id listen to Opening Arguments just to hear their take after the RBG death thing (and that both presenters are massive libs), and amazingly they both want to burn the system down now despite years of telling their listeners "no, no no, theres this one weird trick we can use to unfuck the courts"

remember "Abolish Ice"

Regular people who are libs are pissed off right now, and the libs in media are reflecting it. I don't expect media libs to radicalize in the long run though. I'm hopeful for the regular people who are libs though!

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Often Abbreviated posted:

Even this I'd argue is old-world thinking. Aiming for abortion to be technically legal but in practise hard or impossible to get is achievable, conventional, very practical, it makes sense from the outside if you assume conservatives are basically sane people who want to reduce the incidence of safe abortion.

But it's not victory. It's not blood. They want the victory, they want the catharsis, most dearly of all they want to trigger the libs. And they get that by going all the way.

most of the rubes think overturning roe means abortion's banned nationwide rather than just left up to individual states

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The Muppets On PCP posted:

most of the rubes think overturning roe means abortion's banned nationwide rather than just left up to individual states

isn’t the the stated republican position so to do that? there’s definitely a way the Supreme Court can ban abortion nationwide by coming up with some bullshit about a fetus being a person with civil rights or some such

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Gio posted:

back to cth “richard jewel” ep, the thing i didnt understand the most was their effusive, gushing praise for a very okay movie lol

they mention it in passing but they have a soft spot for losers getting screwed over by the system and it's notable in that it's basically the same theme of clint eastwood's other recent movies but instead of making the protagonist an obvious self-insert (or just casting himself), jewell is actually something of a sympathetic figure

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

hobbesmaster posted:

isn’t the the stated republican position so to do that? there’s definitely a way the Supreme Court can ban abortion nationwide by coming up with some bullshit about a fetus being a person with civil rights or some such

sure but it'd require 5 justices who actually think that and aren't just institutionalist dweebs who have some perverse respect for precedent and are mostly on the bench to give corporations even more rights

the last big attempt at overturning roe was from 3 months ago and it involved a state TRAP law where they openly said that their intent was to effectively ban abortion, and even that would've limited it to individual states had it gone the other way

The Muppets On PCP has issued a correction as of 20:53 on Sep 20, 2020

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice
on a recent cushvlog, matt was talking about like "future of the left" type strategy stuff, and he referenced agreeing with brace's (I assume he means pisspiggranddad from trueanon) take which had to do with like centralization or something and I wanted to dig into it a little more to see what he meant, but I really don't know where it'd be. I looked at the last few trueanon descriptions but nothing jumped out.

Anyone know what Matt was referring to or where to look up what Brace was talking about?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I would like to know more about the Belden Program

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Take in Brace Belden Concepts today!

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"
Brace has mentioned in the past that his impression of the Kurds was that they've only survived by extending military style organisation and hierarchy into all civil society, maybe it's something like that?

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

watching News Radio

fatelvis
Mar 21, 2010

unbutthurtable posted:

on a recent cushvlog, matt was talking about like "future of the left" type strategy stuff, and he referenced agreeing with brace's (I assume he means pisspiggranddad from trueanon) take which had to do with like centralization or something and I wanted to dig into it a little more to see what he meant, but I really don't know where it'd be. I looked at the last few trueanon descriptions but nothing jumped out.

Anyone know what Matt was referring to or where to look up what Brace was talking about?

That is probably this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7biUtvrZzvQ&t=880s for anyone wondering (I went and looked because I was wondering).

Regarding 'the beldon program' I think you'd really need to just listen to a bunch of trueanon. I don't think there is any single episode that is going to spell it out.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Marxism-Leninism-Maoism-Apoism-Beldenism Thought is the new synthesis the people are craving

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I would like to know more about the Belden Program

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGwTwTaFSrE

Divot
Dec 23, 2013

lmao hell yeah

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

On a lighter note, Jamon Iberico Lays chips are sold all around the Iberian Peninsula, so that's something that either Bloco da Esquerda or Podemos could ship a box full of those to Matt as a cultural gift or invitation to go say some stuff about their parties.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Matt was talking about the special Lays flavors and if you don't live in a major city like NYC or other test market you end up missing out on the countless limited editions they do, although this is also partially due to the fact they have regional/national flavors for pretty much anywhere they sell chips

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Imo the pizza Pringles are the best lay chip flavor

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Omnicarus posted:

Imo the utz crab kettle chips are the best lay chip flavor

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Matt was talking about the special Lays flavors and if you don't live in a major city like NYC or other test market you end up missing out on the countless limited editions they do, although this is also partially due to the fact they have regional/national flavors for pretty much anywhere they sell chips

I can taste the lettuce on a carnita steak taco-flavored chip

there is distinctly the taste of lettuce on this chip

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

to me it sounds like the Belden program is Brace trying to take his position of influence, such as it is, seriously, accepting that a bunch of people listen closely to his perspective and directly telling them what he thinks they should do

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Victory Position posted:

I can taste the lettuce on a carnita steak taco-flavored chip

there is distinctly the taste of lettuce on this chip

the carnitas ones are so good lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Doc Hawkins posted:

to me it sounds like the Belden program is Brace trying to take his position of influence, such as it is, seriously, accepting that a bunch of people listen closely to his perspective and directly telling them what he thinks they should do
the belden program:

he's already unionized anchor brewing so lets now unionize the state

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1307766024666640384?s=20

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

unbutthurtable posted:

brace mentions trying to come up with the belden program on ep 112 of the antifada but it doesn't sound like he has solidified what that means yet

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

one day all the "BA Says!" shirts the rev coms wear will be replaced with "BB Says!" and we'll know the Belden Program has begun

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

i mean he's not wrong

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

hell yeah

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Ugh, a friend started a podcast and devoted an entire episode to lame arguments that we have to vote for famous rapist Joe Biden.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Halloween Jack posted:

Ugh, a friend started a podcast and devoted an entire episode to lame arguments that we have to vote for famous rapist Joe Biden.

sever

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

The Muppets On PCP posted:

i mean he's not wrong

yeah he literally did get shipped off to the cult that pkd was referencing in scanner. crazy poo poo.

i have my own personal suspicions about pink lasers from god and the black iron prison but i can't prove it yet.

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice
thanks for the tips everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The recent TrueAnon (which I only started listening to recently; I previously had only listened to a few episodes) where Brace talks about being sent to the hosed up "troubled teens" prison-school was really unsettling. He talked about it sort of like how I talk about opiate addiction stuff, where you can paradoxically talk calmly about terrible traumatic things because you've sorta developed this weird detachment from it.

That episode was really informative because I genuinely did not know that there was a big industry of hosed up prison schools that abuse/kill teens. I knew that places like that existed, but not that they were common at all.

In general I'm liking TrueAnon the more I listen to it. They do quite a bit of research and Brace in particular knows a lot about a lot of random topics.