Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
Are we going to get to the "extraordinary" part or is it just the same old boring email poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Jiro posted:

I initially read that as Joe Don Baker and now I'm sad it isn't. :smith:

I first read it as Jim Bakker, and thought it was entirely plausible.

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.
I’m very excited to learn about how Hillary has avoided arrest despite the dead to rights Frazzledrip video.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Tobermory posted:

I first read it as Jim Bakker, and thought it was entirely plausible.

It can't be Jim Bakker, he doesn't try to sell buckets of food in Q Drops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOH37W0jPpA

Caros
May 14, 2008

Captain Monkey posted:

I am also curious about how Hillary Clinton is staying out of jail, despite DJT and the Republicans owning literally all 3 branches of government, and infiltrating the cops/fbi/military/etc. at almost every level.

:umberto:

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Captain Monkey posted:

I am also curious about how Hillary Clinton is staying out of jail, despite DJT and the Republicans owning literally all 3 branches of government, and infiltrating the cops/fbi/military/etc. at almost every level.
oh, because they don't know any of that. and, if you tell them, they'll just deny it.
if you insist they'll change the subject.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Nessus posted:

Couple of questions here:

You say Hillary wanted to become President to make all the crimes go away. What crimes are you referring to, other than mishandling secured information? Do you believe this was her primary motivation in seeking the presidency?

Do you believe that avoiding criminal consequences is a common reason to seek the Presidency? Was it, for instance, a factor in Obama or W. Bush's pursuit of the campaign? Neither of them had to do it, and presumably Hillary did not either - she could have endorsed Biden or something in '16.

I'll try to make it more brief because these posts are actually taking quite a bit of time to write up.

It was never about just Hillary. Obama was communicating with her within that non-secure environment. We know this through the DNC leaks, and according to Shawn Rich's testimony from 2017 (CEO of Crowdstrike who analyzed the DNC server. Not the FBI. Notice a running theme here with how the Democrats always seem to put up a barrier between their stuff and the investigators, and then decide what is "relevant".). Henry says the Russians hacked the server and bases this conclusion on his experience in the business, but he couldn't conclusively say the data was even exfiltrated. He's basically guessing the Russians did it (page 52 for example, but this could just be my interpretation. I mean, Mueller said it was the GRU. Based on what Shawn Henry wrote in a draft report to the FBI.). But he did confirm there were no evident forgeries between what he had and what Wikileaks had published. So the e-mails are fair game.

We already know about Hillary's numerous scandals, the two biggest ones being Benghazi and Uranium One. What if - I'm speculating here, but let's entertain this possibility for a moment - what if there is something in those missing e-mails that would not only tie a sitting president to these scandals, but prove his active involvement in them? He already lied about finding out about this e-mail domain from the media. Maybe he wanted to avoid getting bogged down with a scandal for a benign reason, but he still lied about it. What if there is something even worse that we haven't heard of?

Remember /u/stonetear? Paul Combetta, Hillary's IT expert at the time, made a post on reddit asking about how to strip e-mail addresses from already sent e-mails, and this concerned a VVIP. If Obama was simply communicating with her about benign stuff, Obama could just eventually fess up and claim Hillary fooled him. He didn't know she was using a non-secure environment. Kind of dumb for Secretary of State and a sitting president to do it, but whatever. And yet they were actively trying to HIDE this. Combetta got immunity and was issued a subpeona to appear before Congress. He never came (because congressional subpoenas are merely a suggestion, as we learned that day). He did talk with Comey, and another exchange between Chaffetz and Comey reveals a few interesting details. Comey proves the post is real, that Combetta wrote it and that he truly wanted to alter records, but Comey says "Well, it depends on which records they were".

You do not destroy multiple phones, wipe hard drives, alter subpoenad records and give the investigators such a massive run-around (I mean, they wanted to PRINT OUT all the e-mails in the beginning, but then they said the printer broke halfway through, so this is all they could produce) if you do not have something to hide. This is why I'm so focused on Hillary. How much benefit of the doubt can you possibly be giving her in all of this? If you feel she's innocent and a victim of a Republican witch-hunt, everything that follows stops making a lick of sense. But if you think she's hiding something terrible, the only sure way to bury it forever is to seize the White House.

Why not bury it from the start, like the other scandals? Part of this was probably due to hubris. They never thought she would lose, to quote somebody. Whenever something happens swiftly, people pay attention. If you drag it out and muddy the waters, people eventually move on and forget about it. Just drag it out, throw scraps to the public and then slowly erase whatever incriminating evidence is left so that no one will ever be able to figure out the truth. If it wasn't for Wikileaks, it would have all ended up as just another Republican figment of imagination, too.

By the way, Hillary also conducted Clinton Foundation-related business using the same non-secure e-mail domain. Recall how donations from all around the world almost instantly dried up once she had lost the race. If she was doing such fantastic charity work, why wouldn't countries support a former US Secretary of State? Nobody also wanted to pay a dime to listen to her speak despite her and Bill receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars in speaking fees in the past. What in the world could those speeches have been about? Moreover, she did misappropriate most of the funds gathered for Haiti relief (i.e. she stole the majority of them and installed her brother as the head of a gold mine in Haiti just to add insult to injury) so she is not above using the Clinton Foundation for her own ends. Remember Chelsea's wedding?

The funny thing is, and I know people are allergic to Trump, but he spent quite a bit of time talking about the Hillary server during a recent rally. He made a curious statement during this spiel: "I guarantee the (missing) e-mails are in the State Department. They are being protected." Now, this can be chalked up as campaign talk, but I wanted to put it out there. Considering everything that's been happening recently, is it possible these missing e-mails could finally resurface?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

So if I am following you correctly, you are suggesting that The Emails were an effort to conceal some criminal activity of truly dire proportions which involved Obama as well as Hillary. (We do have some familarity with Benghazi in this community.) Is this accurate?

What do you believe the nature of this crime to be?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Captain Monkey posted:

SOOOROOOOOOOOOS

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Blattdorf posted:

I'll try to make it more brief because these posts are actually taking quite a bit of time to write up.

It was never about just Hillary. Obama was communicating with her within that non-secure environment. We know this through the DNC leaks, and according to Shawn Rich's testimony from 2017 (CEO of Crowdstrike who analyzed the DNC server. Not the FBI. Notice a running theme here with how the Democrats always seem to put up a barrier between their stuff and the investigators, and then decide what is "relevant".). Henry says the Russians hacked the server and bases this conclusion on his experience in the business, but he couldn't conclusively say the data was even exfiltrated. He's basically guessing the Russians did it (page 52 for example, but this could just be my interpretation. I mean, Mueller said it was the GRU. Based on what Shawn Henry wrote in a draft report to the FBI.). But he did confirm there were no evident forgeries between what he had and what Wikileaks had published. So the e-mails are fair game.

We already know about Hillary's numerous scandals, the two biggest ones being Benghazi and Uranium One. What if - I'm speculating here, but let's entertain this possibility for a moment - what if there is something in those missing e-mails that would not only tie a sitting president to these scandals, but prove his active involvement in them? He already lied about finding out about this e-mail domain from the media. Maybe he wanted to avoid getting bogged down with a scandal for a benign reason, but he still lied about it. What if there is something even worse that we haven't heard of?

Remember /u/stonetear? Paul Combetta, Hillary's IT expert at the time, made a post on reddit asking about how to strip e-mail addresses from already sent e-mails, and this concerned a VVIP. If Obama was simply communicating with her about benign stuff, Obama could just eventually fess up and claim Hillary fooled him. He didn't know she was using a non-secure environment. Kind of dumb for Secretary of State and a sitting president to do it, but whatever. And yet they were actively trying to HIDE this. Combetta got immunity and was issued a subpeona to appear before Congress. He never came (because congressional subpoenas are merely a suggestion, as we learned that day). He did talk with Comey, and another exchange between Chaffetz and Comey reveals a few interesting details. Comey proves the post is real, that Combetta wrote it and that he truly wanted to alter records, but Comey says "Well, it depends on which records they were".

You do not destroy multiple phones, wipe hard drives, alter subpoenad records and give the investigators such a massive run-around (I mean, they wanted to PRINT OUT all the e-mails in the beginning, but then they said the printer broke halfway through, so this is all they could produce) if you do not have something to hide. This is why I'm so focused on Hillary. How much benefit of the doubt can you possibly be giving her in all of this? If you feel she's innocent and a victim of a Republican witch-hunt, everything that follows stops making a lick of sense. But if you think she's hiding something terrible, the only sure way to bury it forever is to seize the White House.

Why not bury it from the start, like the other scandals? Part of this was probably due to hubris. They never thought she would lose, to quote somebody. Whenever something happens swiftly, people pay attention. If you drag it out and muddy the waters, people eventually move on and forget about it. Just drag it out, throw scraps to the public and then slowly erase whatever incriminating evidence is left so that no one will ever be able to figure out the truth. If it wasn't for Wikileaks, it would have all ended up as just another Republican figment of imagination, too.

By the way, Hillary also conducted Clinton Foundation-related business using the same non-secure e-mail domain. Recall how donations from all around the world almost instantly dried up once she had lost the race. If she was doing such fantastic charity work, why wouldn't countries support a former US Secretary of State? Nobody also wanted to pay a dime to listen to her speak despite her and Bill receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars in speaking fees in the past. What in the world could those speeches have been about? Moreover, she did misappropriate most of the funds gathered for Haiti relief (i.e. she stole the majority of them and installed her brother as the head of a gold mine in Haiti just to add insult to injury) so she is not above using the Clinton Foundation for her own ends. Remember Chelsea's wedding?

The funny thing is, and I know people are allergic to Trump, but he spent quite a bit of time talking about the Hillary server during a recent rally. He made a curious statement during this spiel: "I guarantee the (missing) e-mails are in the State Department. They are being protected." Now, this can be chalked up as campaign talk, but I wanted to put it out there. Considering everything that's been happening recently, is it possible these missing e-mails could finally resurface?

Please, Pokemon-Go on

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Lock her up, imo

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Blattdorf posted:

Ok so if Trump has the emails proving she committed some horrible crime why hasn't he locked her up. It's been four years.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

It sure seems like you're going through a great deal of effort to find a conspiracy, any conspiracy - even if you have to make one up.

tigersklaw
May 8, 2008
This Hillary Clinton person sounds like bad news. You should call the police and have her arrested, which should be no problem considering all the evidence you’ve amassed against her

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Call the police on Granos Hillary.

tigersklaw
May 8, 2008
Her indictment, trial, and conviction should be slam dunk. What prosecutor wouldn’t want such an easy notch on their belt?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Boooooring.

When do we get to Killary's Deadly Viper Assassination Squad.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

i shouldn't expect any less, but it's fun how the immediate "...wait, you don't understand how this works" reaction re: the second batch of emails goes completely unacknowledged.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
Again I kind of wish you'd start with the conclusion and then explain how you got there instead of this "the Aristocrats!" story

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm getting flashbacks to the Russiagate thread where every so often one of three guys would show up to be like "What about Ukraine, and Allende, and Syria?".

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Nessus posted:

So if I am following you correctly, you are suggesting that The Emails were an effort to conceal some criminal activity of truly dire proportions which involved Obama as well as Hillary. (We do have some familarity with Benghazi in this community.) Is this accurate?

What do you believe the nature of this crime to be?

There are a number of potential possibilities, some of which are downright crazy (and even the most benign ones are crazy to begin with):

- Illegal acquisition and transmission of classified information at Special Access Program level and even Unacknowledged SAP level. She did have a SCIF at her home, so that would be one avenue for this to happen. There were rumors of people entering SCIF's in other places and providing such information to her which she then "left" on her server and outside parties "extracted" it. No need for hacking, and it gives her plausible deniability if somebody catches wind of the server. Remember how it easy it was for Weiner to extract classified information without necessarily hacking the servers, and he wasn't exactly a computer genius.
- E-mail exchanges which would really make all the different scandals surrounding Hillary and Obama look that much worse. Take the Uranium One scandal, for example. If you discover incontrovertible evidence that they both conspired to sell weapons-grade uranium to Russia, this could lead to prison time at the very least. And the whole "Russia" accusation would crumble pretty hard just because of this.
- Another example: Benghazi. Incontrovertible proof that Hillary and Obama provided weapons to terrorists and allowed Benghazi to happen in order to bury evidence and eliminate Amb. Stevens who most likely figured it all out. I'm saying this off the top of my head, but I recall there was a Wikileaks e-mail that proved Hillary lied about being asleep while Benghazi was happening because she was merrily chatting away by e-mail with somebody at the time.
- Maybe something related to Pay-for-Play or Fast & Furious. I'm not particularly familiar with either of these scandals outside of a surface-level summary.
- Murder of Seth Rich and subsequent coverup of this murder. Entertain this possibility - wouldn't the DNC have plenty of motive to deal with a potential leaker that made the e-mail server investigation that much worse? If the "Russian hackers" narrative crumbles, the other potential explanation, no matter how crazy it may sound, suddenly starts making more sense. Again, Shawn Rich assumes it was Russia, but can't conclusively prove it. There is some wiggle room there depending on how much faith you have in these people. Besides, Podesta did express the idea of making an example of a suspected leaker, regardless of whether it was true.
- If the previous point is true, it would really make all the dozens of "Clinton suicides" over the years look that much more suspicious.

- And the multi-year effort to destroy an incoming president and cover even one of these points up. Whatever you might think about Trump, if you think these people are truly trying to hide something big, then it casts their actions over all these years in a rather different light.

Wouldn't any of these points give her ample reason to lie her rear end off?

Surprisingly enough, there are even crazier possibilities than these that do not necessarily tie to the e-mail server. The e-mail server is just one element of the big picture, but a pretty significant one. You can probably begin to imagine why it would be difficult to simply put her in jail just for what Comey stated in his first press conference.

tigersklaw
May 8, 2008

The Chairman posted:

Again I kind of wish you'd start with the conclusion and then explain how you got there instead of this "the Aristocrats!" story

If he says “LIZARD PEOPLE” or “JEWS” right out of the gate nobody would take him seriously, he’s building an argument :rolleyes:

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
HIS NAME WAS SETH RICH

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Blattdorf posted:

Surprisingly enough, there are even crazier possibilities than these that do not necessarily tie to the e-mail server. The e-mail server is just one element of the big picture, but a pretty significant one. You can probably begin to imagine why it would be difficult to simply put her in jail just for what Comey stated in his first press conference.

Why, I thought you said Comey was lying, that the FBI had her dead to rights but she bribed/blackmailed him into testifying otherwise

E: and that they found "mycrimes.txt" on Weiner's laptop so they lied and said all files were duplicates of what they already had

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Sep 20, 2020

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
bingosy

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

90s Cringe Rock posted:

HIS NAME WAS SETH RICH

The Seth Rich conspiracy was just a conspiracy to distract us from how Hillary murdered Shawn Rich AND IT WORKED :aaa::tinfoil::aaa:

More wheels within wheels and plans within plans than the Emperor from Dune. But I did not say this. I was not here.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I might be missing something here but is there a reason to believe hilary clinton did all that stuff other than she hasn't offered proof that she didn't?

Like maybe stuff happens for other reasons?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
[User was murdered by Hillary Clinton for this post]

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

tigersklaw posted:

If he says “LIZARD PEOPLE” or “JEWS” right out of the gate nobody would take him seriously, he’s building an argument :rolleyes:

Yeah, the high-functioning crazies have the whole spiel where they start with something light and see how you react and only go deeper if you are accepting enough. You gotta peel back ten layers of crazy to finally arive at the good stuff like reptiloids and the jewish conspiracy to secretly sell the moon to the Venus crime syndicate. I guess it's an adaptation strategy to being ostracized and ridiculed by society.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I like that the basis of these alleged crimes is 'could you imagine if she committed all these crimes'. Yeah that'd be pretty crazy!

The really cherry on this sundae is that everybody defending Hillary in this thread probably has a pretty strong dislike of her but for reasons that are, you know, real.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
bingle's e

indiscriminately
Jan 19, 2007

Blattdorf posted:

Notice a running theme here with how the Democrats always seem to put up a barrier between their stuff and the investigators, and then decide what is "relevant".
Just speaking to general principles, not the specific facts or context here (because I don't know them and am not too curious about them): wouldn't you do the same? Isn't it in your best interest to vet and limit what you provide to an investigative body, to the extent you can? If the FBI is investigating you, Blattdorf, and the stakes are very high for you here, and your career, finances, power, identity are closely tied to your professional image- wouldn't you be as cautious as the law allows you to be? Wouldn't you be quite foolish to do anything less, whatever your political affiliation?

edit:

Blattdorf posted:

Recall how donations from all around the world almost instantly dried up once she had lost the race. If she was doing such fantastic charity work, why wouldn't countries support a former US Secretary of State?
Assuming the facts given: there's way, way less political utility gained from donating to a loser candidate's charitable organization (let's say that's what it is) than to a future president's organization.

The Clintons are villains, I'd be pleased to see them receive comeuppance. It's not necessary to draw twirly black mustaches on them.

indiscriminately fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Sep 20, 2020

tigersklaw
May 8, 2008

indiscriminately posted:

Just speaking to general principles, not the specific facts or context here (because I don't know them and am not too curious about them): wouldn't you do the same? Isn't it in your best interest to vet and limit what you provide to an investigative body, to the extent you can? If the FBI is investigating you, Blattdorf, and the stakes are very high for you here, and your career, finances, power, identity are closely tied to your professional image- wouldn't you be as cautious as the law allows you to be? Wouldn't you be quite foolish to do anything less, whatever your political affiliation?

InNoCeNt PeOpLe DoNt RuN

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

You're supposed to start with the idea that your premise (Hillary did some capital crimes) is false and prove it true. Instead, you're doing the opposite, starting with the conclusion and searching, grasping at straws, for some way to justify it. It makes you come across as disingenuous.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

The Hillary Benghazi Uranium One emails saga seems like Road Runner cartoons for adults.

Hillary did Benghazi and the Republicans sensed the proof was in her email server, but she bribed Comey into saying nothing interesting was in her emails. "Meep meep" *Hillary speeds off*.

Good patriotic Republican FBI agents found copies of the complete Benghazi emails in Anthony Weiner's computer, but Hillary blackmailed them and got them to lie and cover it up. "Meep meep!"

Seth Rich inadvertently ran across the deleted crime emails and was going to expose her to the world, so she swung in like spiderman and decapitated him with her Hatori Hanzo steel. "Meep meep!"

Trump won the election anyway, fired Comey, and handpicked the new FBI director, so now nothing can stop him from getting the truth about the blackmail and coverup, but wily old Hillary painted a tunnel on a rockface and they all smashed into it and knocked themselves unconscious. "Meep meep!"

Now Q uncovered the frazzledrip video of Hillary and Huma looking directly into a camera as they cut a child's face off. How's old Hillary going to get out of this one, kids? Toon in next week!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Like, if you believe all this stuff, how does it make Trump and the Republicans look good? They all seem like bumbling morons who can't catch her even when they control the entire government and put their guys in charge of the FBI and the CIA, even though her crimes are so blatant and obvious that anyone with a computer can infer all of them just from published stories in the mainstream media. Like Wile E Coyote having all the most advanced Acme weapons to kill the Road Runner, but he just blows himself up with them every time.

Although maybe I'm just assuming too much, I suppose it's possible that Blattdorf does think Trump and the Republicans are all incompetent idiots and he's frustrated at how easily Hillary outwits them at every turn. Even though she's so hubristic that she didn't think she'd have to outwit anyone because she assumed she would be president, and therefore felt no need to set up contingencies, she nevertheless just outmaneuvered them all anyway on the spur of the moment after she lost the election. Maybe he's super pissed at how lazy and stupid Trump is, I know I would be!

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE
Hillary must have the protection of the deep state as she was confident to release her tax returns whereas Trump is having to spend years righteously protecting his from scrutiny.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Aright blattdorf, you’ve convinced me.

Now please answer my earlier question - why is she not in jail, if there’s all this evidence?

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts
I've never wanted so badly to return to the good old days of September 2016 back when I thought everything was going to be alright and her emails was just another failed GOP ploy to try and deny Hill-dawg the presidency.

2020 :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.
Can you pm me when you finally get around to trying it to Soros and Zionism?