Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I got bored listening to the drama cd so I just read the translation instead, which was considerably faster. Eh, I guess that was interesting.

edit: looks like the start of final chapter just skims over the drama cd and doesn't say anything about what happens at the end...

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Sep 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Sankis posted:

When is Anton going to realize that what he's been looking for has with him the entire time?

You know

I never even considered this, but I'd totally be down for Ricky and Anton if Sharon falls through and it goes there naturally.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I got bored listening to the drama cd so I just read the translation instead, which was considerably faster. Eh, I guess that was interesting.

edit: looks like the start of final chapter just skims over the drama cd and doesn't say anything about what happens at the end...

The end gets referenced in CS2 though.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Sharon loving cheats at Blade

it took me six reloads to beat her

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

git gud

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

game really needs a mulligan function

edit: these minigames are so unfun.

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Sep 19, 2020

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

yeah blade sucks, but it didn't really bother me because the game explicitly tells you get the same number of bonding points whether you win or lose

i lost most of the games of blade i played iirc. don't remember if i beat sharon though

U-DO Burger fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Sep 19, 2020

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

U-DO Burger posted:

yeah blade sucks, but it didn't really bother me because the game explicitly tells you get the same number of bonding points whether you win or lose

i lost most of the games of blade i played iirc. don't remember if i beat sharon though

Beating sharon unlocks a thing in the notebook

Also this last dungeon is such a slog omg

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Also this last dungeon is such a slog omg

put Megalith and Domination on Millium

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Hwurmp posted:

put Megalith and Domination on Millium

It's not hard, It's just long

and apparently I missed a chest...somewhere. fug.

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Sep 20, 2020

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I want to say "that's what she said" but absolutely not in any Millium-adjacent context

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Erpy posted:

The end gets referenced in CS2 though.

Yeah, I just started CS2 and it's very weird how a bunch of characters start referencing a trip to Ymir where vaguely important stuff happened and I don't understand anything about what they're talking about.

Speaking of the game, the prologue was pretty lame but i'm surprised that after only a few hours of separation I was very happy to get a dumb chess riddle and know that I was about to meet some of my old pals again. I wasn't super into the party when I started CS1 but they must've really grew on me because I was definitely feeling their absence.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Something I appreciated about the original class VII is that all of them had traits that were obviously theirs. Something notably lacking in one of the CS3 mains (early game) was that Kurt's obsession (swords) and later club choice of chess were just taking elements from Laura and Machias without the depth that those two had beyond those interests.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Tesseraction posted:

Something I appreciated about the original class VII is that all of them had traits that were obviously theirs. Something notably lacking in one of the CS3 mains (early game) was that Kurt's obsession (swords) and later club choice of chess were just taking elements from Laura and Machias without the depth that those two had beyond those interests.

To be clear, are you currently early-game, or are you discussing an issue you had during the early game?

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

GreenBuckanneer posted:

game really needs a mulligan function

edit: these minigames are so unfun.

I don't like minigames normally, but Trails minigames give you all the bonuses they offer with such a minimum of effort that they really are just fun little side things rather than the most dreaded content the game offers. Meanwhile Final Fantasy and Tales will absolutely tell you to spend 5 hours perfecting this platformer/shooter/racing /etc section if you want sizable extra content and it is evil and awful and I hate it with every fiber of my being.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I didn't like Blade at all but I thought Vantage Master was a lot of fun

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I ended up liking Mishy Panic but hated the horse races

edit: that was an ending. didn't expect it to go code geass on me.

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Sep 20, 2020

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I liked Blade because the games were so quick, vantage master games could drag on a little too long.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Starsnostars posted:

I liked Blade because the games were so quick, vantage master games could drag on a little too long.

I rarely had a VM game go especially long. What kind of build were you going for? Having big ranged dudes in the back row with small fry up front was a good way to win (and quickly).

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
It's been a while since I played it but I remember I used which ever master card could heal as my master for most of the game so it was probably my fault it took so long.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Just what the hell was Rean doing for a month between Cold Steel 1 and 2?

Did he not eat? drink water? how does he not remember anything?

it was october 30 and now it's november 29th...

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

GreenBuckanneer posted:

He was out cold.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

King of Solomon posted:

To be clear, are you currently early-game, or are you discussing an issue you had during the early game?

I've completed 3. It's not a deal breaker at all I just found Kurt to be the weakest character by far of the new Class VII.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Valimar kept him alive (you know, not starving/thirsting/freezing to death) by using a ton of magic/mana.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

GreenBuckanneer posted:

working on his animations

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

GreenBuckanneer posted:

His magic gundam is basically keeping him on life support iirc.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

God damnit Rean, don't headpat the princess

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ask the sun not to shine

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I like blade, I force my friend to play a game every so often with my deck. It's kinda random who wins, but what card game isnt?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I just noticed that apparently the next Trails game came out in Japan some time back. From what I read (which wasn't much) it seems sorta like a Sky 3rd-ish interim game?

I also just noticed that apparently CS4 is coming out in NA in like a week or something? That's cool, since I never completely finished JP CS4. I got maybe 3/4 through it, if I had to guess, but I ended up getting lazy with translating everything and figured I'd just wait for the NA one to finish it. As much as I dislike a lot about the direction the series has taken, the gameplay and certain aspects of the setting are still fun.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Ytlaya posted:

So I just noticed that apparently the next Trails game came out in Japan some time back. From what I read (which wasn't much) it seems sorta like a Sky 3rd-ish interim game?

I also just noticed that apparently CS4 is coming out in NA in like a week or something? That's cool, since I never completely finished JP CS4. I got maybe 3/4 through it, if I had to guess, but I ended up getting lazy with translating everything and figured I'd just wait for the NA one to finish it. As much as I dislike a lot about the direction the series has taken, the gameplay and certain aspects of the setting are still fun.

CS4 is releasing in NA in mid-October, so it's closer to a month off at this point.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Getting a little hype honestly.

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!
It’s wild that the cold open of Zero just omits that Estelle and Joshua are with you for the final act. I wish they just didn’t have these, the one in CS1 is also kind of bad since it’s immediate character overload.

Almost done with Zero and going to have Trails withdrawal while I wait for the Azure geofront release. Might end up biting the bullet and just finishing CS1 (which I dropped halfway through to play the prior series) in the meantime.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

King of Solomon posted:

CS4 is releasing in NA in mid-October, so it's closer to a month off at this point.

Oh, I was actually looking at the JP release date, missed the "2018." Though apparently I still wasn't too far off.

The one minor shame is that I won't have an NA CS3 save file due to having played the JP version of that (I doubt they'll let you carry over from the JP version to the NA version).

Iverron
May 13, 2012

Eggnogium posted:

It’s wild that the cold open of Zero just omits that Estelle and Joshua are with you for the final act. I wish they just didn’t have these, the one in CS1 is also kind of bad since it’s immediate character overload.

Almost done with Zero and going to have Trails withdrawal while I wait for the Azure geofront release. Might end up biting the bullet and just finishing CS1 (which I dropped halfway through to play the prior series) in the meantime.

:allears:

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Eggnogium posted:

The reason they did this doesn't become clear until Azure.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

Ytlaya posted:

Theres a pretty good translation sheet from Kitsune on CSIV, been out for a while if you wanted to finish IV, i've played through it about 3 times and really love it, it's a great conclusion to Erebonia, still leaves some mystery for the future titles. I still have the NA version on pre-order

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16KL-SmZrdqxirjd9p4W01ErXY-3oiE6w/view

I've played through the intro of Hajimari and a bit of Lloyd and Rean's first chapters, story is pretty awesome so far, the game seems to have ratcheted up the difficulty a bit especially the bosses aren't really pushovers now. Waiting on Kitsune's translation which should be out this week and then i'll really dive into the game, I wish I knew more Japanese to understand more of the Kanji characters.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

My playthrough of the Ys games was on pause since I decided to jump into a couple of Trails games instead but I just finished Oath in Felghana and I can see why it's spoken of so highly. I don't think it tops Ys 8 for me if only because I prefer that style of game but it was really good. I was enjoying it from the beginning but it has a pretty incredible back half. Everything after the mountain was great and after I wasn't feeling the first couple bosses it was cool that most of the later ones were super fun.

A lot of my free time over the last month or so has been occupied by Trails and Ys games and its been a good time. I'm pretty disappointed I hadn't touched a Falcom game before a couple of months ago because i'm really enjoying working through their catalogue.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

SyntheticPolygon posted:

My playthrough of the Ys games was on pause since I decided to jump into a couple of Trails games instead but I just finished Oath in Felghana and I can see why it's spoken of so highly. I don't think it tops Ys 8 for me if only because I prefer that style of game but it was really good. I was enjoying it from the beginning but it has a pretty incredible back half. Everything after the mountain was great and after I wasn't feeling the first couple bosses it was cool that most of the later ones were super fun.

A lot of my free time over the last month or so has been occupied by Trails and Ys games and its been a good time. I'm pretty disappointed I hadn't touched a Falcom game before a couple of months ago because i'm really enjoying working through their catalogue.

Have you played Ys Origin yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I was thinking i'd finish with Origin because it's the other game i've seen people call the best one.