Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

GOD movement speed should be the default speed for everything. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyzenth1ay
Oct 24, 2008
Still stuck in the in between. I can solo 100s but slowly. But the high level paragon folks won’t let me join their reindeer games at 105 and other paragon 6-800s all want to do like 65 or 75.

What should I be spending blood shards on btw? Fishing for primals?

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM

Hyzenth1ay posted:

What should I be spending blood shards on btw? Fishing for primals?

Improving your ancients to get 4/4 primary rolls you want on each, with high rolls on all of them including any legendary affix rolls (i.e. Hunter's Wrath). You seem somewhat fixated on primals as an upgrade path; this isn't a reasonable expectation if you actually want to build a highly functional character in the course of one season. "You don't really go for primals; you don't farm primals. So primals are just something you get on the way to acquiring good loot in every other slot, essentially." For an anecdotal example, I had pretty outstanding luck with getting primals that were actually good last season. That still only added up to 4 primals out of 13 items on my main's push set at about 2750 paragon, 2 of which were a weapon and a ring I got from reforges. What mattered a lot more than pretty red borders were the stat rolls: across 13 items, I had a total of 4 primary affix rolls I wouldn't want there if I had infinite reforges to throw at that character- a vit roll on my offhand and int rolls on offhand and the primal weapon and ring.

Hyzenth1ay
Oct 24, 2008

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

Improving your ancients to get 4/4 primary rolls you want on each, with high rolls on all of them including any legendary affix rolls (i.e. Hunter's Wrath). You seem somewhat fixated on primals as an upgrade path; this isn't a reasonable expectation if you actually want to build a highly functional character in the course of one season. "You don't really go for primals; you don't farm primals. So primals are just something you get on the way to acquiring good loot in every other slot, essentially." For an anecdotal example, I had pretty outstanding luck with getting primals that were actually good last season. That still only added up to 4 primals out of 13 items on my main's push set at about 2750 paragon, 2 of which were a weapon and a ring I got from reforges. What mattered a lot more than pretty red borders were the stat rolls: across 13 items, I had a total of 4 primary affix rolls I wouldn't want there if I had infinite reforges to throw at that character- a vit roll on my offhand and int rolls on offhand and the primal weapon and ring.

Thank you!!! This is insanely helpful.

I was rolling off one “bad” stat with the enchanter then basically throwing away anything else because I thought fishing for primals was the right thing to do. Now I’ll be more careful and check gear to get better upgrades. So it’s all about small incremental changes. Cool.

One more stupid Q, do I put emeralds on all my gear with the cube power or should some be health increases?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Boatswain posted:

Is there a consensus on when you should switch from Emeralds to Diamonds in your armour on GoD Demon Hunter? I'm Paragon ~800.

I'm right behind you, usually average 2:30-3 minutes at 85. How far have you gone Greater Rifts?

I'm finally doing some GR pushing, here's where I'm at so far.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Hyzenth1ay posted:

One more stupid Q, do I put emeralds on all my gear with the cube power or should some be health increases?

You should be augmenting with main stat gems (emeralds for DH/monk, topaz for wiz/necro/wd, rubies for barb/sader)

If you're low on gems, you can buy cube recipes to convert gem colors from an a2 vendor. If you've saved up puzzle rings, cubing a broken crown helps too.

Aaod
May 29, 2004
Is their any fix for the screen freeze come back to you and some of the mobs dead bug? I assume this is related to area damage and only seems to affect when I am in grift 100+.

Hyzenth1ay
Oct 24, 2008

GTJustin posted:

You should be augmenting with main stat gems (emeralds for DH/monk, topaz for wiz/necro/wd, rubies for barb/sader)

If you're low on gems, you can buy cube recipes to convert gem colors from an a2 vendor. If you've saved up puzzle rings, cubing a broken crown helps too.

Ok.

I put those special gems on by augmenting ancient gear for some of my slots. I can’t for the life of me find even a reasonable cloak, pants, offhand, amulet, rings, or gauntlets.

My next newbie question: should I augment those anyway while I look? I mean yeah I have ancient whatever in that slot, it’s just bad bad rolls. But I am now leveling gems with no slot to augment if that makes sense.

Edit: playing all day and literally getting 0 upgrades when I have seven lovely lovely slots feels bad

Hyzenth1ay fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Sep 20, 2020

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

You can only augment ancients unfortunately.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
Aug your bad ancients for now, you'll have more gems leveled from farming as you replace them anyway.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Waste of augments imo. You should be able to get to GR90+ with no augs anyways. And then at that point you'll be getting so much loot you're bound to have a couple good ancients in a few hours play time.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
If they're already farming 80+, just auging everything is fine. It's not like gems of any sort are a finite resource and sitting on leveled gems while the value of the aug mainstat goes down gradually with paragons is cutting off your nose to spite your face. By the point where you're doing 3 minute 90s, you're looking at about an hour to make another level 90 aug gem anyway.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Is there any use for money in the lategame, beyond Empowering (?) GRs?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

That and when quivers start to cost you 5mil a reroll.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Repairs after choosing the wrong GR level and not noticing for several deaths.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I used to be going up in gold every day but now that I'm doing GR 105+, it's staying at around the same level between that and DB & key farming. Having an Avarice Band & Boon of the Horder in your farming build is a must 'cause these 110 million gold empowered greater rifts will catch up to you.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I play with two other people always and we bring in randos to make a meta when doing A Thing™ and between us sharing all of our vaults and a gold setup on we never get close to running out of money.

Also when you are pushing high GRs, like say spiking gems to 30%, pop a bardiche and clear the cow level but save the two XP pools. Then do your GR, go grab a pool and turn in. We were doing this for anything 125-130+.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I used to be going up in gold every day but now that I'm doing GR 105+, it's staying at around the same level between that and DB & key farming. Having an Avarice Band & Boon of the Horder in your farming build is a must 'cause these 110 million gold empowered greater rifts will catch up to you.

Yeah I'm not worried about running out, I'm just surprised how little use there is for gold beyond empowering GRs.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Looking to Buy a McLaren, Anyone Selling One .... Cheap?
If your gold is piling up, it means you're not empowering enough. It has little use otherwise, so spend it, even in lower rifts so you can level up gems even faster.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Do le-gem-daries drop in GRs on a rotation or is it random?

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

The first two are always Bane of the Powerful and Legacy of Dreams, I believe. Then after that it's random.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006

Dameius posted:

Also when you are pushing high GRs, like say spiking gems to 30%, pop a bardiche and clear the cow level but save the two XP pools. Then do your GR, go grab a pool and turn in. We were doing this for anything 125-130+.

This, but set the game to normal so there's a 0% chance of dying outside of GRs, don't bother clearing the cows, and start actively looking around the acts for pools (there are several guides to which waypoints have a ton, but the best are howling plateau, alcarnus, and fractured fate). Once you're para ~2k, it's worth going out of your way to stay pooled up for all your runs.

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness
This is a very old-man-misses-the-point question, but is there any way to disable the seasonal effect, while remaining in season? I have difficulty tracking all the colours at the best of times, and when the 'buff' decides what I really need is a field of vision one third the size and filled with cyclones, I run into problems.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Cefte posted:

This is a very old-man-misses-the-point question, but is there any way to disable the seasonal effect, while remaining in season? I have difficulty tracking all the colours at the best of times, and when the 'buff' decides what I really need is a field of vision one third the size and filled with cyclones, I run into problems.

Nope! Stop playing Diablo III for the season if it bothers you so much! loving Blizzard. :negative:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Is there a Goon discord/in-game org? I want to hang out with sane people and do poo poo.

Cefte posted:

On some dark maps it terrible how little vision you get :colbert:

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
There is a discord, I'll try and grab an invite link later if someone doesn't beat me to it. In game you can join the LLJK community on PC-NA. I always forget if PC-EU has the same community. The discord has a Switch channel and there are some console guys can here you can coordinate with if you are PS or XBox.

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness

Tubgoat posted:

Nope! Stop playing Diablo III for the season if it bothers you so much! loving Blizzard. :negative:
I would, but then I'd miss double bounties :(

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Boatswain posted:

Is there a Goon discord/in-game org? I want to hang out with sane people and do poo poo.
https://goondiscordnetwork.com/

ctrl+f "diablo"

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

McLarenF1 posted:

even in lower rifts so you can level up gems even faster.

This is how I spend almost all my gold

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Cheers

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness
oh my god the new DH set is hilarious

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
PTR patch notes are up, PTR starts 10/1.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Very nice item and class set changes, as expected. I'm excited to play Wizard again, thank u Blizz for breaking Etched Sigil.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.
Emphasis on one of the biggest changes for this:

quote:

Kanai’s Cube: Additionally, the Kanai’s Cube will have a fourth slot this season. This fourth slot will have the choices of the first 3 slots but will not stack with any of them. The intent is to provide players with creative flexibility to their character builds.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
That's an awesome seasonal bonus.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I don't care for the seasonal theme idea but these are nice: Kanai’s Cube: Additionally, the Kanai’s Cube will have a fourth slot this season. This fourth slot will have the choices of the first 3 slots but will not stack with any of them. The intent is to provide players with creative flexibility to their character builds. AND Paragon Bonus Gold Find has been changed to Gold Pickup Radius at 0.1 per point.

New sets are in the rotation for Haedrig's and it seems like they did a pass for some of the weakest performers. There's only one new item and the rest don't seem that appealing since they're for Crusader and Wizard for the most part. I'm sure I'll still play but not particularly thrilled by anything.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Oh yeah I was wondering how Wizards would be able to cram all those hydra items in at once, turns out you can with a fourth cube slot!

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
Yeah, this looks pretty promising just for the pile of buffs to currently useless builds, the radius change, and the 4th cube slot. I'm not sure bears are gonna be good even with the 150%->700% change to Scrimshaw and the HT buff- when I tested that build late in s20 with near-perfect gear, breaking into the 90s was like pulling teeth. Also, I'm pretty sure I don't like the shadow clones' CC abilities, especially the pulls. That seems like it's going to be more annoyance than help in pushing.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Suburban Dad posted:

Paragon Bonus Gold Find has been changed to Gold Pickup Radius at 0.1 per point.

This is probably what I'm most excited about. An extra 5 yards of pickup radius sounds tiny, but is a massive QoL update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Etched Sigil being an Energy Twister exclusive skill seems like a huge change. How will they even implement that? The old version will still keep the old ability right? I don't think they've ever done anything like that before. Changes have always been strict upgrades instead of altering how an effect works.

And meteor build is just completely dead? I feel like they mis-named something here or omitted something.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Sep 25, 2020