Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

asthma attack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

t a s t e posted:

Feel free to @ me later but vulturing 1 yard rushing tds and racking up passing yards late against prevent doesn’t really wow me

He came a yard short from beating a really good team from behind , by 2 scores, with a sack of potatoes for skill players.

If he runs it in for the win do you remain unimpressed? If so, cool, I guess. If not, what’s really the difference? I don’t think anyone believes Cam is the reason that play failed.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

TheBizzness posted:

He came a yard short from beating a really good team from behind , by 2 scores, with a sack of potatoes for skill players.

If he runs it in for the win do you remain unimpressed? If so, cool, I guess. If not, what’s really the difference? I don’t think anyone believes Cam is the reason that play failed.

He was fine, similar to how Brady was post-wash in recent years. His performance doesn’t mark a return to greatness

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Just an odd take from someone who spent all day defending Josh Allen from the same sort of reaching criticisms.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Look, it's still the Patriots even without Tom.

Also, is this the first time Jamal Adams has beaten them?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

TheBizzness posted:

Just an odd take from someone who spent all day defending Josh Allen from the same sort of reaching criticisms.

Miami wasn’t running prevent in the 1q

But even if they were comparing Allen’s performance against them to the previous opposing qb is stark lol

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Vhak lord of hate posted:

Look, it's still the Patriots even without Tom.

Also, is this the first time Jamal Adams has beaten them?

That's what he said in his post game stuff. This is like his seventh? game against them? That's a rough go.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/1307900376956403712?s=19

440-0

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Can you vulture a TD when you’re the best rusher on the team by far?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol vulturing TDs from Sony Michel and Rex Burkhard

sure Cam gets them there through passing and his own runs, but it's vulturing TDs!

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

not entirely sure how accurate this site is but per nflpenalties.com in week 1 there were 15 offensive holding penalties and in week 2 there are 28 and counting.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Man had 20 yards rushing with 4 minutes to go in the game

Can revival is fraudulent

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Was a fun game to watch Seahawks defense still doesn’t look solid, Adams is a great player I hope Irvin’s injury isn’t too bad

But gently caress me watching Russ cook is fun as hell not sure it’s sustainable but covid life sucks for my family and I’ll take any enjoyment I can get

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

t a s t e posted:

I would say that some of his throws were pretty good, and compared to the last two years when he couldn't throw it past 15 yards the revival is on going.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

BlindSite posted:

I like seeing Cam healthy and having fun. Didn't get the W but the leagues better with him in it.

:hmmyes:

I'm happy that he and Olsen are both on better teams now. If Olsen's going to retire after this season, he at least has a shot at getting a ring now.

Its Rinaldo posted:

Jamal Adams looking like he's loving life

Going from Gase to Carroll will do that to a player

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

lmao

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/ChiefsAnalytics/status/1307867740233822208?s=19

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The league really doesn't want to call holding calls do they?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

seiferguy posted:

Kinda prefer it

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

I missed the falcons game because you know who cares but this is stunning

440-0.

quote:

. The Falcons started the game by taking a 20-0 lead, and still led 39-24 with eight minutes to go. In those eight minutes, they gave up a touchdown, almost instantly punted, gave up another touchdown, failed to recover that onside kick, and then allowed a game-winning field goal drive in the two-minute drill. They are the first team in NFL history to score 39 points, commit zero turnovers, and lose. Before today, teams that did that were 440-0.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists

seiferguy posted:

Every year it seems like they rotate putting an emphasis on a new call and a de-emphasis on others. I feel like I've seen way more OPIs in these first 2 weeks than I'm used to seeing.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!

Bjay9 posted:

Every year it seems like they rotate putting an emphasis on a new call and a de-emphasis on others. I feel like I've seen way more OPIs in these first 2 weeks than I'm used to seeing.

Best thing I saw in week 1 was two or three intentional grounding penalties, including one against Brady who used to get away with that poo poo constantly. I hope that becomes a trend.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

adaz posted:

I missed the falcons game because you know who cares but this is stunning

440-0.

Speaking of hilarious stats.

quote:

San Francisco took a 21-3 lead in the first half, while Mostert and quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo suffered injuries. By the second half, the Niners were more or less content to run out the clock. And yet the Jets still struggled to stop a team without its starting quarterback and running back and with little interest in moving the ball. On third-and-31 in the third quarter, the Niners handed the ball off to Jerick McKinnon, just hoping to take 40 seconds off the clock and punt the ball away. Instead, McKinnon picked up 55 yards and a first down:

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1307756927355674624

The Jets were drat sure they weren’t going to give up an 80-yard touchdown on a sweep again; instead, they overcommitted to defending the right half of the field, leaving the middle of the field almost entirely undefended. McKinnon cut back through a massive hole, beat one defender with a juke, and there was nobody else in between him and the first-down marker. On third-and-31. It’s only the second time in the Pro Football Reference database that a team has picked up a first down by running on third-and-30 or longer; nobody had done it since 1999. (I highly recommend that you watch the video of the first time it happened.)

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

The Texans are the worst team in the AFC South and I don't think it's close.

BoB traded away possibly the best receiver in the game for an RB he isn't going to use correctly, and all the picks for a LT and Watson still gets pressured like crazy. Losing this year isn't even worth anything because the Texans don't have a pick till the third round.

Please fire O'Brien into the sun before we waste all of Watson's career like we did with Watt.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

t a s t e posted:

lol he had 400 yards passing

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

Bridgewater had 370.

Yards don't mean much anymore, especially against a team that lost two safeties in the first quarter.

Patriots are smartly scheming well for Cam but I can't imagine that lasts as teams get tape on them. And of course the wear and tear he's taking being a bullrusher for them. He's going to feel that last hit he took last night for a while.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

Bridgewater had 370.

Yards don't mean much anymore, especially against a team that lost two safeties in the first quarter.

Patriots are smartly scheming well for Cam but I can't imagine that lasts as teams get tape on them. And of course the wear and tear he's taking being a bullrusher for them. He's going to feel that last hit he took last night for a while.

sorry, my post was missing context from the AFC East thread where a raging debate about Josh Allen’s stats is ripping us apart

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Cam had a really good game and the phrase “vulturing touchdowns” is an idiotic fantasyhead term that should be ejected into the sun 🙂

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Vulturing touchdowns is weird as no one was really talking about his raw TD stats.

Though the fact the guy who is doing this is some Josh Allen partisan is making this weirder

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

OxySnake posted:

ha some of us instead signed a lovely QB in FA.

Why not both?

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Belichick was able to somehow scheme Brady up for 20 years without people figuring it out so I'm pretty sure he can get through 16 games with Cam

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ehud posted:

He had 270 until facing a double digit deficit prevent defense with four minutes left

All yards are not made the same

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

t a s t e posted:

He had 270 until facing a double digit deficit prevent defense with four minutes left

All yards are not made the same

post the JAAY* formula

*josh allen adjusted yards

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Phobeste posted:

Cam had a really good game and the phrase “vulturing touchdowns” is an idiotic fantasyhead term that should be ejected into the sun 🙂

Clearly I should have been much less glib in phrasing now that the issue has become a semantic one

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I didn’t see the end of the game but did the Hawks stay in prevent when they were up a score with a couple minutes left? That seems unlikely.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ehud posted:

post the JAAY* formula

*josh allen adjusted yards

Adjusting for opponent probably knocks him down to 150

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
They’re not garbage time stats when getting them puts you in a position to win the game lol

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Garbage time isn’t real, sure

Nevertheless, they’re fraudulent

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

t a s t e posted:

Garbage time isn’t real, sure

Nevertheless, they’re fraudulent

Yards against the Jets and Dolphins are fraudulent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The Jets, sure

The Bills actually have/had a defense

e: with the switch on em, I will also agree the dolphins are rear end

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Sep 21, 2020