Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
The Patriots are fraudulent

Because they’re cheaters, see

And I’m glad they lost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/1308030389454360582

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

if garbage time didn't exist then where did brees get most of his passing stats from, hmm

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Garbage time is real but down two scores with the ball is stretching it

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Framing it as “garbage time” isn’t really helpful as it’s much easier to just acknowledge there are points where defense starts conceding and prioritizing clock no matter what the score is

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
If garbage time didn't exist it would be necessary to invent it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Dak's 450 passing yards came in garbage time.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

This is why I dont read the afc east thread

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

t a s t e posted:

Framing it as “garbage time” isn’t really helpful as it’s much easier to just acknowledge there are points where defense starts conceding and prioritizing clock no matter what the score is

This is true but overcoming that and managing to gain the required yards while not making mistakes in the available time is still worth something

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

really queer Christmas posted:

I dunno, watching people's insane, tortured reactions after being broken by the Patriots for the last twenty years is like half the reason I'm still on SA.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Phobeste posted:

This is true but overcoming that and managing to gain the required yards while not making mistakes in the available time is still worth something

I won’t deny it’s worth something

really queer Christmas posted:

Cool man what other threads don’t you read

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I think Baltimore has a good shot this week if they can get pressure.

They couldn't get any against the Browns and they got a lot against Houston, and I'm starting to think Cleveland's offensive line might just be really good.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The Chiefs defense seems to be more like 2018 than 2019, tackling especially is bad. Linebackers are among the worst in the NFL. Next weeks game against Baltimore will be illuminating

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

adaz posted:

I missed the falcons game because you know who cares but this is stunning

440-0.

more like 440-1 lol

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

t a s t e posted:

I won’t deny it’s worth something

Cool man what other threads don’t you read

I'm starting to question your avatar tbqh

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Cam threw Edelman a catchable ball for the game winner, but Edelman was gassed and couldn’t get his tiny arms up to catch it.

If they had another minute on the clock they would have won the game easily. Obviously, give some credit to Seattle for running down the clock with their run game, and blowing up that last play. Cam didn’t have a chance once he decided to go left. His lead blocker got undercut in the worst possible way 3 yards in the backfield.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Slowpoke! posted:

Cam threw Edelman a catchable ball for the game winner, but Edelman was gassed and couldn’t get his tiny arms up to catch it.

If they had another minute on the clock they would have won the game easily. Obviously, give some credit to Seattle for running down the clock with their run game, and blowing up that last play. Cam didn’t have a chance once he decided to go left. His lead blocker got undercut in the worst possible way 3 yards in the backfield.

If they had another minute I imagine the Hawks would have tried to preserve more clock by the goal line to give Wilson a chance after a score. The Pats were in perfect position to take the game, they just didn't execute.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I wish they had called their last timeout when they had like 25+ seconds left instead of running down and taking that shot to Edelman. That ate up a ton of time. They would have had time enough for four shots - and maybe you get a defensive penalty on one of those and it gets even easier.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Aaron Jones was on the field for 34 snaps.

He ran the ball 18 times for 168 yards and two touchdowns and had four catches for 68 yards and a touchdown on eight targets.

Aaron Jones owns.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
what a day of football that was

that was really something

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
:patssay:

I think Cam Newton looks pretty good, but the Patriots have big holes in their defense and mostly trash at wide receiver and tight end.

It wouldn't surprise me if 2020 Newton is better than 2020 Brady, but I'm not sure it will be enough to make a difference.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/status/1308012888574095364?s=19

cool

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Favorite non-cam moment from that game:

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1307848471702130688

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I don’t know how anybody can watch that game and see Cam ripping bombs and go 75 yards in like 40 seconds and go pffft Cam’s done

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Its Rinaldo posted:

I don’t know how anybody can watch that game and see Cam ripping bombs and go 75 yards in like 40 seconds and go pffft Cam’s done

It’s just one extremely online bills fan

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Its Rinaldo posted:

Cam was slinging poo poo all over the field effortlessly. Some of his deep balls looked like he was just flicking his wrist.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

tff gonna be rubbin their collective bald spot trying to figure out why cam "falls off" this year, bet

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I still think that 10-6 is the floor for the Cam led Pats.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1308084721113542666

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Rude not to even give Tyrod a face

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

wow mahomes sucks

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/JuMosq/status/1307917327388741634

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I love Ryan Tannehill

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

:hawksin:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The Big Jesus posted:

I love Ryan Tannehill

:hai:

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

https://twitter.com/ArifHasanNFL/status/1308084849450901506

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Big Jesus posted:

I love Ryan Tannehill

I do not

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Wentz loving sucks poo poo

kiimo