Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Toaster Beef posted:

If they're adding Bethesda's poo poo to Game Pass, that makes it an even more absurd value

Edit: Release says they are ... wonder how long that'll take, what titles make it, etc.

Skyrim xCloud when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Barudak posted:

This.

Switch is even questionable.

Microsoft is already publishing Switch games

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

Ori and Cuphead aside, Microsoft did not just spend $7 billion to sell PlayStation games

They spent a ton of money on Minecraft and sell it everywhere. It's not impossible.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Barudak posted:

This.

Switch is even questionable.

Microsoft's already publishing on the Switch.

I think what we'll see is either a timed exclusive or a simultaneous Game Pass release. Something like, "You can pay $70 for it on PS5, or you can subscribe to Game Pass and play it for $15 a month."

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Thinking about it more, that's way too much to pay to cut off such a huge source of profit. I think the big franchises are probably staying multi.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Countdown to Microsoft shuttering half of those studios before they get a chance to release a game

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Zerot posted:

They spent a ton of money on Minecraft and sell it everywhere. It's not impossible.

That's true, but I don't think Bethesda is going to exist as its own freestanding enterprise with an independent strategy the way Minecraft does.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Toaster Beef posted:

Microsoft's already publishing on the Switch.

I think what we'll see is either a timed exclusive or a simultaneous Game Pass release. Something like, "You can pay $70 for it on PS5, or you can subscribe to Game Pass and play it for $15 a month."

"DLC is free on Game Pass" like they are doing with Destiny 2 seems like a very easy value-add for Microsoft's purposes to move people to the ecosystem.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Well goddamnit RIP the DOOM franchise now.

There is absolutely no way Microsoft won't "manage" it into bland mediocrity.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

You gotta love that people will now be giving Sony money, to pay to Microsoft.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Bad Parenting posted:

Countdown to Microsoft shuttering half of those studios before they get a chance to release a game
I mean I’m skeptical Psychonauts 2 ever comes out because it’s been in development forever and when they did their last showcase of the game it was just of one level.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Guys, Ori and Cuphead being on Switch is not particularly meaningful and, while that means "they're publishing games on Switch" is technically true, it doesn't really mean anything when it comes to this AAA publisher they very obviously just bought to bail out xbox.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

D1E posted:

Well goddamnit RIP the DOOM franchise now.

There is absolutely no way Microsoft won't "manage" it into bland mediocrity.

They've been obscenely hands off according to everyone working with them. Like 343's failure isn't being micromanaged, its that thats literally their talent level

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I already play most Bethesda games on pc instead of console but it’s going to be sad watching future doom and es6 get eviscerated by ms. Oh well

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Do I take the gamerpass-pill and join the Xbros?

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Tsietisin posted:

You gotta love that people will now be giving Sony money, to pay to Microsoft.

I believe that PSN is already transitioning over to Microsoft's Azure, so it's happening already.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Barudak posted:

They've been obscenely hands off according to everyone working with them. Like 343's failure isn't being micromanaged, its that thats literally their talent level
ninja theory backed that up, saying that (so far) they're letting them do whatever they want, even regarding things like monetization (or lack of it)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Microsoft please buy Experience Inc with whatever is in your couch cushions

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i don't give a poo poo either way about bethesda

where is my new viva pinata game microsoft you fucks

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sony bought FFXVI exclusivity so microsoft bought Elder Scrolls

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i don't give a poo poo either way about bethesda

where is my new viva pinata game microsoft you fucks

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem

Zerot posted:

Am I misremembering or didn’t that acquisition deal specifically stipulate that MS couldn’t make Minecraft an exclusive or pull it from the platforms where it was already selling?

They would be crazy not to make these games PC and Xbox exclusives.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

iD presents: Viva Pinata 3: Demon Pinata <ukele cover of BFG division plays>

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Am I misremembering or didn’t that acquisition deal specifically stipulate that MS couldn’t make Minecraft an exclusive or pull it from the platforms where it was already selling?

I think that was speculation, because people were confused about why Microsoft would be releasing Minecraft on every platform.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
i don't care about any of that 3d crap

i need to know when spelunky 2 is coming to xbox that's when i'll buy a series x

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Barudak posted:

Ok new plan, take 343's Halo Game and put it in the trash. Put iD on it instead

Literally any one of those teams would knock the story out of the park (especially relative to 343). It'll never happen, but drat that'd be fun.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Looking forward to Fallout: Nuts n Bolts.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Barudak posted:

:hmmyes:

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
All this conglomeration of media properties sucks, Disney started it and now it's rolling over into videogames. It's going to be bad for customers.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
If this means we get a new Obsidian Fallout at some point and Arkane gets to keep making their immersive sims, this is rad.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

how many billions has microsoft thrown at studios just to attempt to undo the damage from the xbone launch now

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

how many billions has microsoft thrown at studios just to attempt to undo the damage from the xbone launch now

Not enough

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Just gonna put this out there... seems like they were also sniffing around Bungie (I know the denials, but going with where there was smoke there was fire on that one), very possible they're been looking at lining up multiple acquisitions again. Seems clear this was a big announcement ahead of preorders, so might they have other acquisitions to announce also? Thinking back to a couple years ago when they announced like 5 acquisitions in one day.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

https://twitter.com/_wotta/status/1308037919010103298

Oh well then.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Barudak posted:

Hopefully that's the plan. Give ID Gears!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

that makes this move, which was seemingly timed to sell xbox series x perorders, make no goddamn sense to me

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Phil Spencer posted:

One of the first calls we got after the Minecraft acquisition was from Sony saying, "Are you going to pull it off PlayStation?" And I'm like, "Why would I do that? People like playing it on PlayStation."

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

that makes this move, which was seemingly timed to sell xbox series x perorders, make no goddamn sense to me

Because that's not what he's saying at all.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Todd Howard uses same vague terminology as Phil to describe thing that isn't up to him anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

That's a pretty empty statement either way. "Xbox exclusives" still will appear on PC and mobile via xCloud. I wouldn't read too much into it.