Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Come cataloging on Rhosyn! While you’re at it, wish on some falling stars! It’s an announced meteor shower tonight! Come touch things for your catalog. Free stuff near the airport, anything over the river is touch only. Visit my new improved cataloging location (follow the signs). I’m a big fan of drawings on my board! Feel free to pull any weeds and pick up sticks if you come across them.

All catalog items are complete sets (missing just the dark wood study desk. ETA: now complete, thanks Frankie and Y Y)!

Soft Serve Hats: Chocolate represents 2020
Cuckoo Clocks: Cuckoo cuckoo
Exercise Bike: We have to exercise somehow
Desktop Computers
Laptops
Cellphone
Fax Machines: maybe a touch outdated, but...
Study Desk
Office Desk
Den Desk
Den Chairs
Double Sofas
Espresso Maker
Coffee Cups
Modern Office Chair
Wall-Mounted TVs (20" and 50")
LCD TVs (20" and 50")
Crowns and face masks, because you’re the king/queen/royalty of your domain and wear a drat mask

Dodo Code: Closed

ETA: There's a star viewing platform behind cataloging. Look for the moon!

Bonster fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Sep 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

PooInAnAlleyway posted:

Jumping back a bit here, but I just got back from your dream island. It’s so friggin pretty!

cheers glad you liked it

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Who’s Hillary? I wanna be your friend!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

It's Octavian's birthday! Come to Ile du BonZone to celebrate!

closed for now so I can play a game with a friend.

And also enjoy your time at a tropical resort with all the amenities. Bother my residents, check out my houses, and leave me dumb messages on my bulletin board. Have fun!

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Sep 20, 2020

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm kinda new to this (first AC game), and very reckless. I just blew my entire fortune on turnips the first time they were offered.

I know prices rise and drop throughout the week, but are they random? Or do I need to hunt around for islands to sell on the last day where sales are possible for maximum profit?

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Sep 20, 2020

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

UltraRed posted:

I'm kinda new to this (fist AC game), and very reckless. I just blew my entire fortune on turnips the first time they were offered.

I know prices rise and drop throughout the week, but are they random? Or do I need to hunt around for islands to sell on the last day where sales are possible for maximum profit?

There are certain patterns they follow but they're essentially random, later is not necessarily better.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

UltraRed posted:

I'm kinda new to this (first AC game), and very reckless. I just blew my entire fortune on turnips the first time they were offered.

I trend towards selling on Tuesdays or Wednesdays since a lot of islands tend to see a price spike midweek.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Straight White Shark posted:

There are certain patterns they follow but they're essentially random, later is not necessarily better.

Does this just apply to your own island, or islands in general? I was planning on looking to the AC hoard and picking the best I could. I know there is a random element, do do they stack on each other (even if they're both negative and positive) or do they select within a range?

edit: Thanks for the quick responses!

edit2: Is there a better way of storing turnips? I just dedicated a room to them.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Sep 20, 2020

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

UltraRed posted:

Does this just apply to your own island, or islands in general? I was planning on looking to the AC hoard and picking the best I could. I know there is a random element, do do they stack on each other (even if they're both negative and positive) or do they select within a range?

edit: Thanks for the quick responses!

edit2: Is there a better way of storing turnips? I just dedicated a room to them.

It applies to all islands. You can use this site to track your prices. Input your Sunday buying price, and your morning and afternoon prices each day, and it'll tell you what pattern you have. It takes a lot of the guesswork out.

No, there's really not a better way to store them. Some folks build fencing outside and dump them on the ground, but outside space is precious to me. I just dumped them on the floor of my basement.

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Hazel, Buttopia's original sisterly squirrel, is heading out on her own to start her own punk band! Let me know if you have room in your heart for this rocking gal!
https://twitter.com/Buttopia/status/1307730849345937408

Bandit Hat
Sep 8, 2005
Potatoes are the all-time treat, they are good to chomp and good to eat!

Metaline posted:

Who’s Hillary? I wanna be your friend!

Hey! That’s my name! Are you the one whose clothes I was gawking at? Nice to meet you, friend!

You can add me if you like:
SW-8322-9320-4342

Bandit Hat fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 21, 2020

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Bandit Hat posted:

Hey! That’s my name! Are you the one whose clothes I was gawking at? Nice to meet you, friend!

You can add me if you like:
SW-8322-9320-4342

That’s me! Madeleine from Poo Island!

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Didn't think this was possible, but apparently you can have Wisp and Celeste visiting at the same time.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
poo island sounds fake... has anyone ever really been there

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Crime on a Dime posted:

It's where this guy lives:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdd4rBlsj2o

💩

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Crime on a Dime posted:

I went to Poo Island. It was the poo poo!

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Sand Souci Is now open for tourists.

Not a lot that's super exciting though, but if you're a savvy shopper we have the Green-background version of the Elaborate Kimono Stand and unlimited document stacks at the Nooks. We have Kimonos and other fun stuff at the Ables. Come and shop to your hearts content!

Dodo code is MYPNH I'm AFK but feel free to leave a board drawing, and explore the theme park, the flower garden, and the haunted house at the top of the hill

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Sep 21, 2020

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Crime on a Dime posted:

It’s real, and it’s spectacular.

Metaline posted:

I literally live on Poo Island.

https://twitter.com/ohenieledam/status/1282364809728516098?s=21

A lovely golden toilet greets you as you leave the airport and it is my greatest triumph.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Everyone's favorite Starbucks squirrel Marshall is having a birthday on the 29th!

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
I'll do you one better. Henry, everybody's favorite frog who won't stop singing, is having a birthday right now. Hop on by, code is NFBF4.

Nameless Pete fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Sep 22, 2020

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Label is in my town today. She asked for a Party outfit and, as an example, gave me a tuxedo jacket. So I thought great, I have this Wedding Tuxedo + Shoes from the June wedding event. So I put those on and talked to her... not a Party outfit. I failed my check. What the hell game.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I had no idea failing a Labelle check was even possible.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Sand Souci Is now open for tourists.

Not a lot that's super exciting though, but if you're a savvy shopper we have the Green-background version of the Elaborate Kimono Stand and unlimited document stacks at the Nooks. We have Kimonos and other fun stuff at the Ables. Come and shop to your hearts content!

Dodo code is MYPNH I'm AFK but feel free to leave a board drawing, and explore the theme park, the flower garden, and the haunted house at the top of the hill
Thanks! I shook a couple trees, hope that's ok. I don't really know the etiquette for island visits.

In the highly unlikely event someone wants Plucky, let me know, she's in boxes on my island. Post here or PM.

Slugworth fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Sep 21, 2020

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Slugworth posted:

Thanks! I shook a couple trees, hope that's ok. I don't really know the etiquette for island visits.

oh my god blacklist this monster from visiting goon islands!

also I forgot to check the haunted house

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Label is in my town today. She asked for a Party outfit and, as an example, gave me a tuxedo jacket. So I thought great, I have this Wedding Tuxedo + Shoes from the June wedding event. So I put those on and talked to her... not a Party outfit. I failed my check. What the hell game.

I literally Google the categories so I don't fail because I don't trust my sense of "everyday" to match theirs

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

spacing in vienna posted:

I literally Google the categories so I don't fail because I don't trust my sense of "everyday" to match theirs

it was 6:30am and I hadn't had my coffee yet okay?!?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

it was 6:30am and I hadn't had my coffee yet okay?!?

Sorry this was not a criticism of you. This was, wtf how does that dress NOT count, Label?!?

unmeidestiny
Sep 25, 2009

I've got Billy in boxes if anyone has room for him.

https://twitter.com/ebthurmond/status/1308198717711761410?s=19

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

spacing in vienna posted:

Sorry this was not a criticism of you. This was, wtf how does that dress NOT count, Label?!?

I should’ve worn a fancy hat, that would’ve done it

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Slugworth posted:

In the highly unlikely event someone wants Plucky, let me know, she's in boxes on my island. Post here or PM.

No problem, help yourself!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I have never been rejected by Label, but I always wear the thing she gives me even if I have a way better version.

One time she told me to dress goth while I was already goth af. I just put her dumb thing on with what I was already wearing and she's like YOU'RE A FASHION GENIUS. dang, girl, look next time.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I have never been rejected by Label, but I always wear the thing she gives me even if I have a way better version.

One time she told me to dress goth while I was already goth af. I just put her dumb thing on with what I was already wearing and she's like YOU'RE A FASHION GENIUS. dang, girl, look next time.

i got the goth mission and a vampire costume, so i and wore the gothic dress and the gothic lolita wig with fishnet stockings and some red shoes

this was not goth

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
I'm not complaining but I now have extra photos from Raymond, Rex, Fang, Lily and Kidd. Three of those were just this morning.

Still working on getting one from my newest resident Claudia. :v:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
loving lol that Sly complains he can't swim without floaties. You're an alligator.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I'm probably being boring but since I have all the Labelle stuff cataloged, I just ignore her when she shows up. :shrug: All she gives you is Tailor Tickets and I still have a couple of those kicking around in my storage. I know my fashion is on point. I don't need Label to tell me!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

What happens if you already have everything? She gives you repeat items?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Her stuff is pretty ugly, not gonna lie, but I do love me some Labelle sunglasses.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

What happens if you already have everything? She gives you repeat items?

Eh she just gives you a random Labelle thing and mails you a Tailor Ticket next day.

Fun fact, even if you ignore her, the Abel Sisters still have Labelle stuff for sale the day after she visits.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Sand Souci is once again open for villagers.

The big deal today is it's Ankha's Birthday we've got several gifts up out front, so please, come pay tribute to the queen!

A lot of people really enjoyed it but please come and enjoy the Haunted House on the top of the Hill at the amusement park 6 stories of spooky fun! Can you survive?1?!

Saharah is also walking around here today Come and see her for all your carpet needs

Nooks has unlimited Pear cardboard boxes and a small blue wall mounted LCD TV all up for yours

Please leave a billboard post on your way out if you have time!

Dodo code is Closed T

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Sep 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Her stuff is pretty ugly, not gonna lie, but I do love me some Labelle sunglasses.

The white trainers are pretty cool and I kinda want the big hat again, I sold it for some reason.

I've had a meteor shower announced for tonight and I've got sahara but IDK what she has should I open up later?