Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

Also asking for medical advice from SA should be probation worthy.

Have you tried LSD?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freemandela
Apr 18, 2007

if you make me a mod, i will probate anyone who uses uppercase letters. you have the freemandela guarantee

Pulchritudinous
May 19, 2005
It means "to reduce by one-tenth."

Crane Fist posted:

They should make me a mod. I promise right now to be arbitrary and vengeful, but also very terse

This reminded me of some ban me thread where the title and sole OP post was

quote:

I RUN THIS poo poo MAKE ME A MOD
And for some reason BeastUK, that myth who asked about how to create a backwards “b.”

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Can I be an admin? Tia

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Can I be an admin? Tia

Do you have a sock puppet account to make SAClopedia entries about how cool you are? C’mon man, that’s like step number one.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Has the saga of Matoi Ryuko been mentioned yet?

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Hey everyone! I don't wanna yell at anyone while I'm all tired and about to lay down for bed, so now I'm rested and ready to type. My guess is that all of you pretty much think I don't spend any time thinking about the kind of probations I hand out, but I really actually really really do. I've been your moderator for about 22 months now, and this entire time I've been working on this post I'm posting right now, sort of like a state of the address or something, or like a supreme court opinion on adtrw. Anyway, onto the meat of the matter, I feel that alot of you are being too hard on Japan, the writing doesn't deserve the constant derision it receives because it's not terrible, it's just mediocre. If you're being too hard on shows for being just medocore then you're sort of going to be driving away our main clientele, which as a moderator is my top priority to protect. I know tokyo ghoul or tomo-chan or franxx or whatever is mediocre to all of you but people coming here from crunchyroll and reddit are not going to enjoy a wall of "It's terrible" if they're here to discuss their new favorite anime or manga. On the point of being too hard on japan, all of you know that japan has been through alot in the past century, and if satoshi kon's work is any indication into the goings on inside japan and specifically the anime industry, then japan was pretty much like a sea of porcupines before the 2011 tsunami. I see such a dramatic change in the soul of anime because of the tsunami and I feel that kill la kill was an embodiement of that change. Love hina was filled with hope and ambition and stayed focused around those themes well into negima, but now anime is so filled with anger, and I think all of you need to relax a little with the negativity towards what is an isolated island nation trying to reach out to the world just because you thought their writing was lackluster. They were just annilihated by the most powerful tsunami we've ever seen and there wasn't a country in the world 1/10th as prepared for tsunamis as japan was, and then a nuclear meltdown followed and it's like an infected wound in the soul of japan. There is hope in anime still, but it's a nation in mourning, and in recovery, so just take it easy. There doesn't need to be a massive ban storm for you guys to get the picture because I know how much smarter all of you are than the rest of the forums and as an aside if you hadn't realized it yet, I'm not going to be flinging insults at anyone, ever, it's not who I want to be.

All those :words: happened because people said a badly-written robot anime was badly written. Do I even have to mention that this was one of the ADTRW mods at the time?

And for those of you who can't read, watch the audiobook version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwq5K-EK8Pc

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Cool.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Has the saga of Matoi Ryuko been mentioned yet?

All those :words: happened because people said a badly-written robot anime was badly written. Do I even have to mention that this was one of the ADTRW mods at the time?

And for those of you who can't read, watch the audiobook version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwq5K-EK8Pc

I'll be honest as wild as all of that was it's hard to look back and laugh about it because in hindsight it was a case of someone having a breakdown due to a ton of poo poo happening to them irl.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Why is that man's hair made out of Lincoln Logs?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Why is that man's hair made out of Lincoln Logs?

Don't poo poo talk because you're envious.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Just because I'm envious doesn't mean I can't want an explanation damnit!

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Heath posted:

The way I remember it a lot of that was because people were egging him on. That's the excuse that gets used all the time, "well he was acting like a dick" while failing to take into account that he was being mocked by literally everybody and stirred up, which retroactively justifies the bullying

this is kinda similar how goons decided that it's cool and good to harass, stalk and make fun of a mentally ill man who was having an episode, just because he had an unworkable plan to walk across america

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I assume the people that come back after 11 years have been posting under an alt the whole time tbqh.

I was going to ask if being alt-right is bannable by default or if they have to actually start posting bigot poo poo before they get hit. But then someone mentioned the colony and I noticed this masterpiece of a rap sheet: https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=220422

It seems like they can never shut up long enough to not get banned. This guy's already back tho lol.

quote:

You must have some really sick moral inclinations if you thing acknowledging different genetic distributions of talents and behaviors among different populations calls for naziism. It probably just means saving a lot of wasted money on educational interventions. It’s not going to turn Appalachians into brahmins, Igbo into Yoruba, Irish into Englishmen, or Sephardim into Ashkenazi.

Did this guy teleport here from 1870?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I assume the people that come back after 11 years have been posting under an alt the whole time tbqh.

I was going to ask if being alt-right is bannable by default or if they have to actually start posting bigot poo poo before they get hit. But then someone mentioned the colony and I noticed this masterpiece of a rap sheet: https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=220422

It seems like they can never shut up long enough to not get banned. This guy's already back tho lol.

What makes it better is that he basically kramered into the thread about sci-fi and fantasy books with that poo poo.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

What was going on in anime mod's life that led to that?

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

ChubbyChecker posted:

this is kinda similar how goons decided that it's cool and good to harass, stalk and make fun of a mentally ill man who was having an episode, just because he had an unworkable plan to walk across america

It’s called pissing in the well

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
The internet makes you stupid

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

What was going on in anime mod's life that led to that?

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Work's hard. 7 days a week. 13 hours on saturdays. No days off for 6 months now. Eviction, foodless, angry, can't communicate, too tired to learn, to old to calm down, working too much to afford the time. :sweatdrop: Alone, angry, dejected, isolated. Now it's time to go make some food, and go back to bed. Worked from 12a to 1p, expected back in at midnight. No time for a public execution, if you want personalized responses send me a pm and convince the admins not to ban me so I can respond. Or not, see ya tommorow.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Frankly, I think most people are way worse posters when they're going through poo poo than when times are good. Like, I can relate to that pretty hard.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That's why I only post while I'm going through poo poo. It keeps all my posts at a very homogenous terrible level.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I aim for a comfortable middle ground of mediocrity in my posts, similar to all other aspects of my life.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
If you become a notoriously good poster you will eventually flame out as spectacularly as the notoriously bad, but it'll just make everyone sad instead of inspiring pleasant scadenfreude.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

There are no good posters.

Except for the theatrical release of The Thing. Obviously.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

This reminds me of that one time someone posted an incredibly mild joke in a game giveaway in Private Game Servers and the person hosting the giveaway went on a protracted meltdown that culminated in him claiming that he was simultaneously working like 80 hour weeks while constantly being on verge of homelessness and that spending hundreds of dollars to give away brand new video games to complete strangers was literally the only positive outlet he had and now we had ruined that for him forever.

For reference, the joke was that they had posted a list of games for people to claim beneath an embedded image of a string of party balloons and somebody in the thread asked if they could have the balloons.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Stress is a bitch.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Sleeveless posted:

This reminds me of that one time someone posted an incredibly mild joke in a game giveaway in Private Game Servers and the person hosting the giveaway went on a protracted meltdown that culminated in him claiming that he was simultaneously working like 80 hour weeks while constantly being on verge of homelessness and that spending hundreds of dollars to give away brand new video games to complete strangers was literally the only positive outlet he had and now we had ruined that for him forever.

For reference, the joke was that they had posted a list of games for people to claim beneath an embedded image of a string of party balloons and somebody in the thread asked if they could have the balloons.

Please help me balance my budget I'm on the verge of homelessness

Rent 750
Utilities 200
Gift copies of Crysis Remastered 2200
Gas 140

I'm working 80 hours a week and can't make rent

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

80 hours a week and still poor sure takes me back.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Goons are remarkably generous to strangers on the whole but I hope no one is giving poo poo away when they're scraping by

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Goons are remarkably generous to strangers on the whole but I hope no one is giving poo poo away when they're scraping by

Like everything depending on good faith, you'll always get the grifters

Synthetic Dreams posted:

Okay, well, I figure now is as good a time as any.. I'm in deep poo poo. I've been running on no insulin for the past week. My Medicare Part D plan is not approving meds for me, and haven't been for the last two months. I got injured very badly last month, and my leg is shriveling up, and I'm not going to have the same functionality with it before the injury. I lost my recently acquired job because boss dude didn't like me being such a hassle after I got injured. I'm looking for new work, and I probably have a new remote from home call center job coming soon. I was wondering if y'all could help me buy my insulin. I need roughly about $1000. But it's ok if y'all can't help

My PayPal is [email="@outlook.com"][/email], my Venmo is @ and my cash app is $

Sorry.

and then

quote:

so, um, i have big emergency due to some failed house appliances, and while I could probably sell my sanity to Rent-a-Center to solve it, maybe goons could help out with buying replacements since everything in my house is vintage 1979 and beyond anyone's ability to find replacement parts for. I need about $10,000 USD, and I can show you invoices in private for the estimates I got for replacing them. It's okay if there are higher priority individuals right now. I've received a lot of sincere help from y'all, and I'm very appreciative, so if you can spare anything, my PayPal is https://www.paypal.me/ or Venmo: . I can even do Zelle or Cash app, but it's like whatever. I've been without some meds up until today so I'm kinda just vibing on feeling sane again, lol. <3

And there were definitely some goons struggling to get by still chipping in to help.

my bony fealty posted:

arise, arise...Brother Aziz! pants!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Crab rangoon is loving nasty dude

E: oops lol

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

Pick posted:

This is a bad take, Pick. Smdh.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Pick posted:

it's just crab, cream cheese, pastry dough then fried right?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Our crab friends gave their lives to make that rangoon, the least you could do is appreciate their sacrifice :colbert:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

pentyne posted:

Like everything depending on good faith, you'll always get the grifters

and then

And there were definitely some goons struggling to get by still chipping in to help.

Is that the same one that for bit by a snake while putting up several trans people?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Pick posted:

Now you've gotten goons riled up to talk about their favorite thing: food.

I thought most crab rangoon used imitation crab meat.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Is that the same one that for bit by a snake while putting up several trans people?

tbh it seems like most of the people in need in the cspam/TMR were the ones actually donating what they could to some truly scummy and greedy assholes.

I sure hope some money went to a good cause, but they also raised over $1k for someone to go to a comiccon.

biracial bear for uncut posted:

How much for a room at the actual hotel for the duration.

If we're crowdfunding, aim high.

Someone PM me a link to whatever gets set up and I'll cover as much as I can stand because this sounds too cool to not do.

Edit: KM if you have an ongoing gofundme or equivalent, pm me a link and I'll do what I can.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Same. Seriously PM me and I'll help get you there.

Edit: Welp. Donating.

Edit2: Donated

PT6A posted:

Donated, but now that I see the other donations I feel cheap as gently caress :smith:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
oh lordy d&d is having a coronary because some guy on a discord said he has an ignore list

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

oh lordy d&d is having a coronary because some guy on a discord said he has an ignore list

link?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

whoops

qcs
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3941341&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

op kicking it off
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3925337&pagenumber=417&perpage=40#post508258219

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

That's D&D :laugh: