Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I'd wait until official communications, wouldn't be the first time that company reps didn't fully understand the plans, and on top of that, we're getting that through an intermediary that could have misunderstood what was said to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

exquisite tea posted:

To me, this is a great strategy: Re-release a game well after everyone has already forgotten about it because you said you wouldn't be doing anything else, for almost the price of the original, with none of the new features on the platform that would best be able to take advantage of those. That's the unbeatable Capcom strategy we all know and love.

dont blame capcom. blame sony. we've gone from buying games as temporary exclusive to game features as temporary exclusive

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm going to continue blaming Capcom.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

darealkooky posted:

dont blame capcom. blame sony. we've gone from buying games as temporary exclusive to game features as temporary exclusive

Game features as temporary exclusives has been a thing long before now.

Hell Call of Duty used to and continues to market itself as "play (x) on (y) FIRST" and it was far from the first.

Console-exclusive features to sell games were also pretty drat common ala Soul Calibur's guest fighters.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m gonna buy this game and play as Vergil

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I'm going to get the dlc and play as vergil

I hope he got hands AND feet

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I'd wait until official communications, wouldn't be the first time that company reps didn't fully understand the plans, and on top of that, we're getting that through an intermediary that could have misunderstood what was said to him.

capcpom already skipped over the PC release of DmC Complete Edition and kept DMC3's style switching exclusive to Switch so don't get your hopes up

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
gently caress it I'll buy it once I get one of the next gen consoles, I'm down for starting from scratch all over again for my 2019 GOTY

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I played DMC5 last night.

Too many loading screens and too many buttons to press and for some reason I always mess up basic attacks like Split because of the camera.

Yes Im bad at DMC and I dont like it.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

WaltherFeng posted:

Too many loading screens and too many buttons to press and for some reason I always mess up basic attacks like Split because of the camera.

At least 1 of these problems will be fixed by playing it on PS5

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

gently caress it I'll buy it once I get one of the next gen consoles, I'm down for starting from scratch all over again for my 2019 GOTY

How people can say the RE2 Remake was better than DMC5 is beyond me, DMC5 is literally the perfect return for the franchise. I can't imagine any way it could have been better. Except for not loving botching this Special Edition what are you doing Capcom

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

The official communication is that Special Edition is for PS5 and Xbox Series X and that existing versions, including PC, gets Vergil as DLC and nothing else. It's what it says on both the DMC Twitter account and official website.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

WaltherFeng posted:

The load screens arent that bad tbh and the camera is something you get used to extremely quick, same with the buttons

The whole point is the arc of fumbling to styling on them

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Vergil's full theme: Bury the Light is out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL3EJKtNpLU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
this song fucks

i cant believe devil trigger has been dethroned

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

It's good, but I do not agree that it's better than Devil Trigger.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

Onmi posted:

Vergil's full theme: Bury the Light is out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL3EJKtNpLU

It's like the collective writing staff heard our year of praise for Devil Trigger, and all said at once "Hold Our Drinks."

"I am the Storm that is Approaching" is so loving Vergil, it almost hurts.

Just says something that this alone is pushing me to go for a PS5, over anything else, just because of a goddamned re-release. Then again, DMC4SE was my first purchase for the PS4 I was given, so, go figure.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
They should release a Special Edition where Dante has a theme song that isn't orders of magnitude worse than everyone else's. :v:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Here's the big question.

Will we get a Dante boss fight at the end?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Really hoping they do something like that, because as it stands we're going to have Vergil vs Vergil for two fights in a row.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Special Editions are pretty notorious for adding absolutely nothing to the content of the main game, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
So... I already got DMC5 on my PS4, will there be an upgrade option or is it a 'buy it again' case ?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ZZZorcerer posted:

So... I already got DMC5 on my PS4, will there be an upgrade option or is it a 'buy it again' case ?

I think it was stated that pc / ps4 just gets Vergil dlc. All the other improvements are next gen only.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Spergatory posted:

Special Editions are pretty notorious for adding absolutely nothing to the content of the main game, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

At least from the trailer it seemed like there were new cutscenes at least.

Btw, how did DMC3SE handle the final boss fight as Vergil? Was it Vergil vs Vergil? I never played through the whole game as him.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
You did fight Dante at the end of the Vergil playthrough in the Special Edition for DMC3 so it wouldn't be unprecedented.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

The only times you get to fight Dante with Vergil are in dmc4se

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

You did fight Dante at the end of the Vergil playthrough in the Special Edition for DMC3 so it wouldn't be unprecedented.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

The only times you get to fight Dante with Vergil are in dmc4se

Getting mixed signals here, guys!

EDIT: I looked it up and at the end of the DMC3SE you fought red virgil as a blue virgil...so yeah...

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Going off a youtube it looks like the final boss for Vergil in DMC3:SE is Vergil wearing a red coat.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Oh, I got confused, sorry.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Dergil

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Vante. It's been the nickname for years, c'mon now.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Jack Trades posted:

At least from the trailer it seemed like there were new cutscenes at least.

Btw, how did DMC3SE handle the final boss fight as Vergil? Was it Vergil vs Vergil? I never played through the whole game as him.

The new cutscenes are precedent. 3SE had them, 4SE had them. They're all Vergil gets; one at the start of the game, and then another at the end. Everything in between is the same as the base game.

Supposedly, they did want to give Vergil his own campaign back in 3SE, where it would have shown the process of bringing Temen-Ni-Gru out of the ground and activating it from his perspective, but they got as far as Vergil's introductory cutscene before Capcom was like "no more money for you," so they just finished developing his moveset, shoved him into Dante's campaign and called it a game. And thus has it ever been since.

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
I am a greedy gently caress and would love a Vergil campaign but also to be able to play as him on every level.

Hell just give me free play mode and let me be anyone anywhere, grim grips be damned.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
https://mobile.twitter.com/destructoid/status/1308098050305323009

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
never mind capcom sucks again

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Whooooooa

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Spergatory posted:

The new cutscenes are precedent. 3SE had them, 4SE had them. They're all Vergil gets; one at the start of the game, and then another at the end. Everything in between is the same as the base game.

Supposedly, they did want to give Vergil his own campaign back in 3SE, where it would have shown the process of bringing Temen-Ni-Gru out of the ground and activating it from his perspective, but they got as far as Vergil's introductory cutscene before Capcom was like "no more money for you," so they just finished developing his moveset, shoved him into Dante's campaign and called it a game. And thus has it ever been since.

Um hello, how are y'all skipping over the most recent precedent set in the beloved and very canon second latest entry where he got his own mini campaign??

quote:

Buy DmC Devil May Cry: Vergil's Downfall
Play as Vergil in a brand new chapter of the DmC Devil May Cry adventure. With fierce new weapons, combos, and never seen before content, don’t miss out on your chance to unravel the enthralling, untold story of Dante’s twin brother Vergil...

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

teh_Broseph posted:

Um hello, how are y'all skipping over the most recent precedent set in the beloved and very canon second latest entry where he got his own mini campaign??

DMC4SE is more recent than that, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

That's a real hall of fame bad marketing response style thing to say.